Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia (23334 Views)

Sylvia Ekweremadu Shares Lovely Photos / Sylvia Ekweremadu, Deputy Senate President's Daughter, In Lovely Pictures / Jonathan Does Not Deserve My Award- Mo Ibraham Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by ubezson(m): 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
Former Bayelsa State Governor, Chief Timipre Sylva weekend declared that the decision by former President Goodluck Jonathan to concede defeat to President Mohammadu Buhari during the last presidential election does not make him a hero.

He insisted that Jonathan’s attempts to scuttle the election disqualified him from benefiting from such heroic status.

Sylva, whose ambition of contesting for second term was scuttled by the Peoples Democratic Party PDP due to pressure from the former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, said though the decision to concede  defeat was inevitable and would have been suicidal for the former President, the heroic status is a clear show of lack of value and indication of how cheap a man could earn such status in Nigeria.

The former governor, who spoke in an interview in Yenagoa said the decision by Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to concede defeat should not be considered an achievement but an inevitable act from a defeated President.

He said, “For me, conceding defeat is not an achievement. Let us take a look at the event they tried everything to subvert and thwart. They tried to go to court to stop the announcement of the result. Former Minister, Orubebe, tried to stage a coup during the announcement to allow some paid ex-militants to invade the venue. They asked the former Inspector-General of Police to withdraw security from the venue to allow ex-militants invade the venue. When all else failed, what did you expect him to do?

“If the Super Eagles play a football match and were defeated. They now accepted defeat. Is that an achievement? Seriously, if this is the level where Nigeria has descended to, it is a sorry state. We cannot be praising somebody for losing in such manner.

“He (Jonathan) didn’t have any other choice. What would he have done? To kill himself? Any other thing for Jonathan to do in Aso Rock would have been suicide or self destruction. At that point Jonathan also knew it
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/jonathan-does-not-deserve-heros-status-sylva/

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by Ohammadike: 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
And you Sylva deserves to be put in a 2 by 2 inches cell but your master pa buhari has saved you.

lf buhari conceded defeat 4 years ago 800 people and 8 youth corpers would still be alive today.Numerous churches and mosques will be alive.

As far as what happened in 2011 is concerned GEJ is a hero

218 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Buhari is a criminal for allowing efcc to drop charges against dis criminal

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by ELTON123(m): 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ohammadike:
And you Sylva deserves to be put in a 2 by 2 inches cell but your master pa buhari has saved you
Give this guy 1 carton of origin cool

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
Jonathan has never been and will never be a hero. undecided

thank God for changing him

#scent

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by Mogidi: 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
And Sylva deserves a room in prison but he won't get one, he has Buhari to thank for that.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by Elslim: 4:02pm On Jun 06, 2015
chai
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
U wouldn't have said this if u'r in prison by now #Cvnt

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by dunkem21(m): 4:09pm On Jun 06, 2015
All these distractions is for us to forget that the APC govt has not even started crawling not to talk of walking ..

..People just like that name, GOODLUCK!

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by EverestdeBliu(m): 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
(Opinion/Observation/notConclusion) This man political career is on an irregular scale; back home he's not loved, with APC I don't see him clinching a top seat in Buhari's government.
Sylvia...

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
His Otuoke people should give it to him. He is their Mandela.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by gambit10: 4:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
this man is no hero, he lost and conceded defeat...were u people expecting him to do otherwise?....it is only in Nigeria people get praised for doing what is expected of them....a governor constructs a road and get praises....why was he elected in the first place?

only a hypocrite would have a contrary opinion to this......and pls attack the message not the messanger....#nigerians

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by LesbianBoy(m): 4:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
Is he only saying this because he and GEJ have 'beef' cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by Ezenwammadu(m): 4:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
gambit10:
only a hypocrite would have a contrary opinion to this......and pls attack the message not the messanger....#nigerians
The messenger lays credence to the message

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by Demdem(m): 4:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
ubezson:
Former Bayelsa State Governor, Chief Timipre Sylva weekend declared that the decision by former President Goodluck Jonathan to concede defeat to President Mohammadu Buhari during the last presidential election does not make him a hero.
He insisted that Jonathan’s attempts to scuttle the election disqualified him from benefiting from such heroic status.
Sylva, whose ambition of contesting for second term was scuttled by the Peoples Democratic Party PDP due to pressure from the former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, said though the decision to concede  defeat was inevitable and would have been suicidal for the former President, the heroic status is a clear show of lack of value and indication of how cheap a man could earn such status in Nigeria.
The former governor, who spoke in an interview in Yenagoa said the decision by Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to concede defeat should not be considered an achievement but an inevitable act from a defeated President.
He said, “For me, conceding defeat is not an achievement. Let us take a look at the event they tried everything to subvert and thwart. They tried to go to court to stop the announcement of the result. Former Minister, Orubebe, tried to stage a coup during the announcement to allow some paid ex-militants to invade the venue. They asked the former Inspector-General of Police to withdraw security from the venue to allow ex-militants invade the venue. When all else failed, what did you expect him to do?
“If the Super Eagles play a football match and were defeated. They now accepted defeat. Is that an achievement? Seriously, if this is the level where Nigeria has descended to, it is a sorry state. We cannot be praising somebody for losing in such manner.
“He (Jonathan) didn’t have any other choice. What would he have done? To kill himself? Any other thing for Jonathan to do in Aso Rock would have been suicide or self destruction. At that point Jonathan also knew it

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/jonathan-does-not-deserve-heros-status-sylva/

This chap makes sense. Only fools call Jonah-daft an hero for what he did. He knew he would Av been gbagboed if he had done otherwise.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by MizMyColi(f): 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
grin

Tell the poster above me to cry me a bucket full of river watergringrin

As for Timi, I reserve my comment.
Him case dey Angel Gabito table.
grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by Ahmed4002(m): 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2015
I haf laugh tired.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by CR77(f): 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
GEJ my Hero

Fayose my man

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by CR77(f): 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
GEJ my Hero
OrlandoOwoh:
His Otuoke people should give it to him. He is their Mandela.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by bornmekus: 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
Silvia,for this your statement u don't appreciate good things. How many people in Nigeria or in the world can accept defeat as a president?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by solid3(m): 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
Shoro Niyen?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by folabayo1(f): 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hero my foot undecided

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by iykebesbt1(m): 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
my mum thinks am the only one who spends time on the internet. She doesn't know that all of you exist.. Lol

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by CR77(f): 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
Thanks you say my mind
Ohammadike:
And you Sylva deserves to be put in a 2 by 2 inches cell but your master pa buhari has saved you.

lf buhari conceded defeat 4 years ago 800 people and 8 youth corpers would still be alive today.Numerous churches and mosques will be alive.

As far as what happened in 2011 is concerned GEJ is a hero

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by Dannyset(m): 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
Jonathan knows.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by autotrader014(m): 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
Look at this confirmed thief talking.. he should be tanking his God dat he is not in prison. Sylvia is the worst governor bayelsa has eva had.. confirmed criminal, drug addict..

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by Agbgift(f): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
Go and pull it down undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by EbuGeneral(m): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
ofcos jonathan is a thief just like you sylva. the difference is the size of their cluelessness. ndi ara

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by luvinhubby(m): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
Demdem:

This chap makes sense. Only fools call Jonah-daft an hero for what he did. He knew he would Av been gbagboed if he had done otherwise.

Cry cry baby cry

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia by Azazi(m): 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2015
sylva...sylva...sylva... how many times did i call u my friend go n sit down

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igboho Seeks Treatment In Germany, France / My Decision To Close Land Borders Was Appreciated By Nigerians — Buhari / Reno Omokri Reacts To His Alleged Sack On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.