Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road (24804 Views)

Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos) / Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan / Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by qleyo(f): 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2006
A show about 11 disabled people travelling africa ON FOOT - http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/programmes/?id=beyond_boundaries
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by NSNA: 3:00pm On Oct 12, 2006
i see a lot of discoraging. its not like traveling to the north pole. its a simple idea that can be carried out. noting to it.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by AttorneyB: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2006
Try www.mappy.co.uk . Good luck guys!
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by slimnike(m): 2:45pm On Oct 15, 2006
What is keeping Us we should start this jouney fast before I change my mind. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by dolliepie(f): 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2006
se o ni emi e? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by otolorin(m): 10:55am On Oct 20, 2006
dollie-pie:

se o ni emi e? undecided undecided undecided
@slimnike
as in . . . av u got the guts?
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by NSNA: 10:12pm On Oct 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBpYDBtwBCo Andy and Esther get pulled over by Nigerias Finest. trip from London to Cape Town
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by slimnike(m): 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2006
@otolorin I'm still trying to garner some.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by Wandungu(m): 3:43am On Nov 05, 2006
Great Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I wish I was in the UK, would have joined you'll on the trip. Go for it and keep us posted. Goodluck and Safe Journey.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by kiwibabe(f): 8:17am On Nov 05, 2006
Are you people still here, sooo you have not left yet. I thought you would have gone a long time ago. Anyway goodluck in your travels and send me a postcard. grin
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by otolorin(m): 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2006
this doesn't seem like a srious issue any longer - cos if it were, we should b gtin reports of th travellers' adventure over the sahara by now
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by slimnike(m): 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2006
We better start this jouney now,Because i want to celebrate Xmas in London. grin grin grin
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by boladonas(m): 12:45am On Jan 03, 2007
u are on your own OYO
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by rafcrown(m): 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2007
how many years will it take?
will all of you arrive here safely?
will u prepare wills before leaving?
are u all married?
aNY FOLORUNSO AMONG YOU
THINK 5CE BEFORE THIS MISSION
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by promise72(m): 7:40am On Jan 05, 2007
time is money. it will take you long and cost way more than flying. if your purpose is to avoid paying too much for travel. this is a futile alternative. if its for fun, its something else.

Beware, morocco no dey play with africans. Dem go make you eat human feceas. You will regret.

What if you get robbed where will you turn to then? no money, no passport, no embassy? One thing is universal, the world is not pleasant for poor people.

You go smell pepper undecided
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by babasin(m): 10:38am On Jan 06, 2007
By the way, I am planing similar journey. However, this is for Summer 2009.

The logistics, local knowledge, travel safety need clear planning ahead.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by superman(m): 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2007
wat frm cameroon
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by babasin(m): 1:44am On Jan 07, 2007
superman,
what frm cameroon

Not that Cameroon, but Cameron Highlands in central Malaysia.

My travel plan: Malaysia, Thailand, Burma, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Iran, Jordan, Isreal, Egypt, Libya, Chad: enter Naija from Maiduguri
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by superman(m): 1:51am On Jan 07, 2007
bro babasin have u being to india be4 i know malaysia is nice ! i have seen their tallest skycraper on tv
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 07, 2007
count me in

driving is my hobby, i also have learnt one or two things about cars so i can call my self a mechanic of some sort

make sure the cars are higly tropicalised cos i dont trust those desert in the north of africa

carry spare tires enough spare tyres just in case about 3 per car

200 litres backup water supply- now a suv will do this trip cos of the additional load involve.

and off course a good manula suv with auxillary gear no automatics incase ur stuck in sand

make sure u invite me i have don lagos to ph and ph back to lagos in same day same car

just dnt do it without meeeee grin
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by awolumate(m): 12:50am On Jan 14, 2007
I recommend this car along with an EU passport or else naija go dey celebrate 100yr independence anniversary when you go reach naija.

Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by slimnike(m): 12:48am On Jan 29, 2007
Thanks for the car.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by otolorin(m): 1:08am On Aug 01, 2007
kaecy5:

count me in

driving is my hobby, i also have learnt one or two things about cars so i can call my self a mechanic of some sort

make sure the cars are higly tropicalised because i don't trust those desert in the north of africa

carry spare tires enough spare tyres just in case about 3 per car

200 litres backup water supply- now a suv will do this trip because of the additional load involve.

and off course a good manula suv with auxillary gear no automatics incase your stuck in sand

make sure u invite me i have don lagos to ph and ph back to lagos in same day same car

just dnt do it without meeeee grin

i'm finding dat part hard to believe - xcept u did d rounds o'ernite.

as for this cross - continental trip - it has been up on this thread since i was back in school - was hoping you guy's 'd be talking 'bout the return trip by now.

grin
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by slimnike(m): 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2007
Don't tell me that you guys are still in Nigeria,
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by Jakumo(m): 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2007
Watched a TV program about some French guys who joined a convoy of vehicles to cross the Sahara Desert. Along some portions of the journey, any vehicle that strayed from the established trail stood a good chance of getting blown to bits by land mines left over from past wars.

Add to that the risk of roving bandits, sand storms, corrupt police forces and possible vehicle break-downs out in the middle of the badlands, and anyone planning a drive across that Sahara Desert had better make no mistakes once they're out there, for there are will be no road-side emergency phone boxes to call for help.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by anusule(m): 10:53pm On Aug 08, 2007
simple
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by nossycheek(f): 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2007
@ Topic
Seriously praying for you guys
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by ikorodu(m): 11:14am On Dec 27, 2007
so has anyone done this?
You must be insane. are trying to be cannonball like max cooper or gumball like bob hallam/

Armed robbers, corrupt officials, settle all the way .
The ticket to lagos is like £400.
Suv is what 20mpg at price of petrol/diesel plus the bribery and the chance of dying in the sahara of meeting charles taylors men or cotedivoire AK47.

No thanks
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by ikorodu(m): 11:38am On Dec 27, 2007
forget the humvee.
this is what you need

Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by Nobody: 2:11am On Feb 27, 2008
Are you guys back yet? grin

Or you never left? cheesy
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by Teejay07(m): 4:03am On Feb 27, 2008
Are there people interested in this? Its one thing I would really love to do. So, is there anyone - Just one mor person interested in this! Forget that twould cost more than travelling by air. The adventure is unquantifiable and would last one a lifetime.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by komekn(m): 4:28pm On Feb 27, 2008
Sienna, you could be one of the key figures to complete the jigsaw puzzle, we need an automobile technician i can see that you are in the know when it comes to fixing diagnosing cars add ivvivie and i would say were close to completion.
The idea is not dead just not had enough responses to make it viable, we could make it for Christmas and start all the logistics from now.
We will need a few french speakers and any sisters with liver and heart please join this adventure. kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This N110m Jayco Embark RV Is A Mansion On Wheels (photos) / Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? / He Wants Advice On Buying His First Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.