Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence (3411 Views)

Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges / Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? / Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by bingbagbo(m): 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
John 10:33

They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God."

JESUS CHRIST IS THE GOD I SERVE, DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU THOUGH.....WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR GOD?
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by gabinogem(m): 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
Lol... Who is Jesus Christ's God that he serves?!
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by bingbagbo(m): 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
John 1:18

English Standard Version
No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known.

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD

Why do you hate so much hearing this simple truth?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
A verse mentions Jesus sit or sitting at the right hand side of God? #justsaying
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by harbibi: 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
John 14:8-9 go figure.
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
harbibi:
John 14:8-9 go figure.
1 Peter 3:22, Acts 7:55, Hebrew 10:12, Romans 8:34, Colossians 3:1...
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by harbibi: 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
Pyrrho:
1 Peter 3:22, Acts 7:55, Hebrew 10:12, Romans 8:34, Colossians 3:1...
I quoted the Master directly.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by missKiffy(f): 1:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
Am a christian, so am not trying to be blasphemous here but it's kind of confusing when people say Christ is God, then why did John 3:16 said "for God so love the word that He gave His only son". His only son here being Jesus
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by bingbagbo(m): 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
missKiffy:
Am a christian, so am not trying to be blasphemous here but it's kind of confusing when people say Christ is God, then why did John 3:16 said "for God so love the word that He gave His only son". His only son here being Jesus

have u fulfilled John 3:5?

if not then you are not a Christian
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
I agree with that fact bt the OP is not explaining it well..

The doctrine of Trinity is one that is to be fully understood before you start discussing/arguing/explaining anything about it..
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by bingbagbo(m): 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
sportsmaster:
I agree with that fact bt the OP is not explaining it well..

The doctrine of Trinity is one that is to be fully understood before you start discussing/arguing/explaining anything about it..

are u an adherent of the AD 325 heresy of the trinity? cry
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
harbibi:
I quoted the Master directly.
grin Sorry, I thought we were quoting the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
Read the book of Hebrew in d new testament u will know who Jesus is.
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by Rilwon: 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
bingbagbo:

They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God."

JESUS CHRIST IS THE GOD I SERVE, DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU THOUGH.....WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR GOD?

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'?

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by Demmzy15(m): 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
Rilwon:

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'?
You don finish am! grin
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by Rilwon: 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2015
Demmzy15:
You don finish am! grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by bingbagbo(m): 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
Demmzy15:

You don finish am! grin

Colossians 1:16

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or gdominions or 5principalities or 6powers. All things were created hthrough Him and for Him.
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by Demmzy15(m): 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
bingbagbo:

Colossians 1:16

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or gdominions or 5principalities or 6powers. All things were created hthrough Him and for Him.
Not surprising that it was said by Paul(a aman who claimed to meet Jesus Christ )
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by bingbagbo(m): 6:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
Demmzy15:

Not surprising that it was said by Paul(a aman who claimed to meet Jesus Christ )

u dont believe the writings of paul?
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by johnw74: 2:56am On Jun 08, 2015
missKiffy:

bingbagbo:

have u fulfilled John 3:5?

if not then you are not a Christian

Someone asks a question, and bing implies she may not be a Christian ??

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by missKiffy(f): 9:14am On Jun 08, 2015
johnw74:

Abi
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by bingbagbo(m): 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2015
johnw74:

My Lord Jesus Christ answered the Pharisees with a question
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by mustymatic(m): 8:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
bingbagbo:

u dont believe the writings of paul?
Paul was a bounty hunter, Christian hunter, then suddenly, he met Jesus? and wrote d Bible... there!
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by malvisguy212: 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
Rilwon:

yes, we are god because we are created in the image of God,BUT God spirit is in Jesus meaning Jesus has two nature, God and human.
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by malvisguy212: 10:49pm On Jun 08, 2015
missKiffy:
Jesus is fully God and fully human;
Human because he has flesh.
God because the spirit of God is in Him.

When someone say"I am possessed by demon" what does this indicate? It indicate the fellow has two nature demon and human.but the different is that the demon always override his victim freewill. But in the case of Jesus God did not override his freewill, infacte when Jesus pray to the father, he pray as a man saying"take this cup from me NOT MY WILL BUT YOUR WILL BE DONE"

To your question concerning john 3:16 pleased read colossian, it's answer your question:

Colossians 1:15-23
The Supremacy of the Son of God

15 The Son is the image of the invisible
God, the firstborn over all creation. 16
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to
have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
21 Once you were alienated from God
and were enemies in your minds
because of[ a] your evil behavior. 22 But
now he has reconciled you by Christ’s
physical body through death to present
you holy in his sight, without blemish
and free from accusation— 23 if you
continue in your faith, established and
firm, and do not move from the hope
held out in the gospel. This is the gospel
that you heard and that has been
proclaimed to every creature under
heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by mustymatic(m): 12:06am On Jun 09, 2015
Contradictory
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by johnw74: 5:25am On Jun 09, 2015
bingbagbo:

My Lord Jesus Christ answered the Pharisees with a question

I'm not familiar with misskiffy posts in religion forum, except i saw where she said she is a christian
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by missKiffy(f): 7:34am On Jun 09, 2015
johnw74:

I'm not familiar with misskiffy posts in religion forum, except i saw where she said she is a christian

So cos u not familiar with my post in religion forum, am not a christian, others are busy answering the question, you here judging, ride on

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by mustymatic(m): 8:42am On Jun 09, 2015
bingbagbo:

Jesus didn't read n write what u quoted
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by johnw74: 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
missKiffy:

So cos u not familiar with my post in religion forum, am not a christian, others are busy answering the question, you here judging, ride on

did I say that?
I thought someone else was implying that.
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by johnw74: 11:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
bingbagbo:

Jesus said:
Mat 6:9 Therefore pray in this way: Our Father, who is in Heaven,

Jesus is not the Father, but is the Son.
Re: Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence by Freksy(m): 1:20am On Jun 10, 2015
bingbagbo:
John 1:18

English Standard Version
No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known.

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD

Why do you hate so much hearing this simple truth?

How many are they?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story / Oluwaseun Osewa(plz Read) / Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.