Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,255 members, 7,811,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems (17696 Views)

Please Help Me, My Blog Posts Aren't Displaying Contents (body) The Blog Is Word / 10 Reasons Why You Aren't Getting New Opportunities From Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by SirMichael1: 10:21pm On Aug 06, 2017
A faceless forum is an internet platform where users’ open threads, make comments, engage in conversations all under the guise of being anonymous. Examples are Nairaland, Kongregate, Pantheonmmo, etc.

I'll be focusing solely on this forum and also use it as an example as it is what we are conversant with.

With the inception of google-reverse image search, your display photo on Nairaland could be easily traced back to your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account and people can get in touch with you through those social media platforms. So you aren’t as anonymous as you think after all.

Google reverse image search is simply uploading a photo or providing a url to the photo on google image search and watch google do its magic of finding out similar images.

What this implies…

1. This implies that if you’re an e-bully and you have your DP placed, you could be easily traced back to any of your social media accounts and get arrested for online battery, e-bullying and other offences (are these even legal?)

2. To the ladies who make it hard for guys to slide into their DMs, Emails or whatever, this idea can come in handy for ‘crushes’ to get in touch with the real person behind a moniker on the social media platform and start off a relationship from there (who knows?)

3. To the stalkers… This just advanced your stalking skills to grade ‘A’ and you can infiltrate your victim’s privacy as you wish and banter them off-NL.

4. E-fights will not only start and end on NL with the deactivation of a moniker, so if a moniker deactivates out of frustration, the attacker could still slide into his/her Facebook wall and continue the assault there until he’s blocked cheesy

5. The wealthy guys, broke guys, slay queens, gold diggers will finally be identified (Not good right? Yeah)

6. Finally, the most dangerous part. You could be killed! Like really killed. If you’ve provoked a serial killer and he does a trackback of your DP and finds your location through Facebook… You’re skewed! Dead! (Yikes! Scary right? Yeah, that wouldn't matter when you're dead grin)

All these can only work if your Nairaland DP is on any other internet platform like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc

Caution: Take heed to these things as you can lose your life.

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by damilare96(m): 10:29pm On Aug 06, 2017
Sometimes I do wonder if nwaakpe is a human being coz a bloody human won't be doing things like that

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by optional1(f): 10:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
see as i come dey fear....

10 Likes

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by SirMichael1: 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
optional1:

Lol

You know the kind trouble you don too find for here abi? So many people will love to see your head on a spike grin

12 Likes

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by optional1(f): 10:54pm On Aug 06, 2017
SirMichael1:

Lol

You know the kind trouble you don too find for here abi? So many people will love to see your head on a spike oh grin

lolz but i am not a trouble maker nah...

i still dey sambisa forest oh...

Let no one dare look for me oh, cos bomb will just blast the person's head..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Rtopzy(f): 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2017
I concur.... . nice piece ......... thanks op

2 Likes

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by HMZi: 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2017
no be lie . ...
. fp material

1 Like

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by SirMichael1: 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
optional1:

lolz but i am not a trouble maker nah...

i still dey sambisa forest oh...

Let no one dare look for me oh, cos bomb will just blast the person's head..

This forest you always claim to stay in, not only will NL guys want to chop off your head but the JTF of Nigeria too.

So my dear, your trace-back is eminent grin

5 Likes

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by SirMichael1: 11:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
Rtopzy:
I concur.... . nice piece ......... thanks op

You're welcome and it wouldn't be effective if you don't apply it. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 07, 2017
cry Remind me to never use my picture as DP. Let me remove this one Nw Nw.
I could be killed? beht why
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by SirMichael1: 1:44am On Aug 07, 2017
HannahHitler:
cry Remind me to never use my picture as DP. Let me remove this one Nw Nw.

I could be killed? beht why

Does your siggy has anything to do with power?
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by K024(m): 3:15am On Aug 07, 2017
What about those folks that say "I'm in my house come and beat me"?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by optional1(f): 5:33am On Aug 07, 2017
SirMichael1:

This forest you always claim to stay in, not only will NL guys want to chop off your head but the JTF of Nigeria too.

So my dear, your trace-back is eminent grin

nobody can touch, i am untouchable..

Wait of time if they start looking for me..

Good morning..
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by babyfaceafrica: 7:16am On Aug 07, 2017
Not as easy as you make it .....this is naija....
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by boiz2men(m): 7:21am On Aug 07, 2017
I have always known this. It gets worse.... Using Google images I can as well get the persons profile including the phone number.
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by sweatlana: 9:45am On Aug 07, 2017
The fact that u register with your email start phone or computer should tell any reasonable prison that these platforms are not faceless.

All these things are very easy to trace. So mind what you say!

4 Likes

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by leksmedia: 9:46am On Aug 07, 2017
Even if you don't have a picture, there are other ways you can be tracked, through your username, personal information revealed etc

For your website design, blog design, e-commerce visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by jdstunt(m): 9:46am On Aug 07, 2017
good
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by donqx: 9:46am On Aug 07, 2017
yeah
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by pythonkid(m): 9:48am On Aug 07, 2017
Rubbish... mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by dlondonbadboy: 9:48am On Aug 07, 2017
angry
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:48am On Aug 07, 2017
your post no get depth.
how do u talk of un-facing without due recourse to ip address.
With your IP. address, someone can not just track u to u, but track you to ur house or workplace and then beat u up (for all those that say I dey my house come and beat me)

on nairaland if someone sends u a DM and u reply, the person will know ur email address, and with ur email address someone can trace ur oda social media accounts and then find u and ur loved ones.

another thing is, some of us will write a post, share it on our social media walls and bring it here to share as well... all it will take will be to take most of ur post, and search, if it keeps turning up on a particular social media handle.. then that's the face.

another way of unearthing a face behind a moniker is to find an email ripper all, and then rip the email from the persons page, and then work on searching up the email on the social media.

WITH THAT BEING SAID AND DONE, I WANT TO GIVE A SHOUTOUT TO ALL THOSE WORKING TIRELESSLY TO UNEARTH THE PERSON BEHIND MY MONIKER.. ladies and gentlemen... WORK HARDER.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by lonelydora: 9:48am On Aug 07, 2017
On Nairaland, I use twitter account or username to trace.

When it comes to other forum, God works in a mysterious way for me, somehow somehow I will trace the person perfectly.

Do I have witnesses in the house? Sure!

1 Like

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by TreasuredLeidy(f): 9:48am On Aug 07, 2017
Is this for real?
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:48am On Aug 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by bbbabes(f): 9:49am On Aug 07, 2017
Nothing dey happen, who want kill a witch... Am waiting

2 Likes

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by SINZ: 9:49am On Aug 07, 2017
Since I have my pic on my dp, I'm in my office, come and beat me undecided

4 Likes

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Wobegist: 9:49am On Aug 07, 2017
You may be right.
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by cocoberry(f): 9:49am On Aug 07, 2017
kiss

1 Like

Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Divay22(f): 9:49am On Aug 07, 2017
Ehnnnnn
Op are you zerious shocked shocked
Not scared, because my hands are clean tongue grin
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by Wobegist: 9:50am On Aug 07, 2017
K024:
What about those folks that say "I'm in my house come and beat me"?

People like me.
Re: Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:50am On Aug 07, 2017
Why u dey fear u don do bad tin abi cheesy cheesy cheesy
optional1:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I integrate as sms system to my website. any help? / How to Spot Rogue Web Developers before giving a project / I Will Create A Professional Blog For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.