Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany (40932 Views)

Corpse Of Gov. Shettima's Aide Who Died In Fatal Accident Arrives Borno(pics) / Peter Obi - Nigeria Is A Knocked Vehicle, No Point Changing The Driver / Explain Why Gov Ameachi Is Not Clapping In This Picture(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by feeloscar(m): 10:14am On Jun 08, 2015
StepTwo:

will we be correct to say a Man who's house is on fire should go on a ''not very neccessary'' function leaving it to His wife to handle?
Who told u it's not very necessary (in ur own words)? Ignorance bad no b small.
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by mandhi(m): 10:17am On Jun 08, 2015
myproperty:

Elaborating what? Is he elaborating to G7? Is Shettima one of the speaker in the summit? or is he going there to canvass for amnesty for BH? and to tell them that the military are committing genocide under GEJ regime? That Governor have nothing to do or offer at the summit. Actually "common sense is not common"

Maybe, but if had one you would understand that before military comes in to combat BH, people like the governor Needs to come in because of the massive collateral damage and aw to mitigate the effects of the war. Open ur mind pls and stop been myopic.
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by lexy2014: 10:21am On Jun 08, 2015
SirAweezy:
Please cut these guys some slack, it is in the best interest that he travels with the president, because the major aganda is how to tackle the terror in his state.

He'll have more to explain, than buhari giving out information. (My opinion though)
I don't understand oh. Is it that d president are going 2 ask d G7 2 come and fight boko or what?
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by lexy2014: 10:25am On Jun 08, 2015
kcng:
Borno state is the most affected state by terrorist sect Boko haram. What is wrong with taking the most affected governor who has a first hand experience of how much negative effect the terrorist group boko haram has had on his state. How does ben bruce know Borno gov will not be briefing the international committee on how they can help security wise aid wise & social wise, so boko haram can be fought on two fronts. 1. Military 2. Socially. Let's face it, we all know na poverty and illiteracy cause boko Haram. If you've never been to borno state or have no idea of how bad their economy is over there, then it's better to just let people who know talk. Ben bruce should tell Nigerians how he raised the money for silverbird Galleria? And STV? He's just looking for cheap publicity. He has no point.
but what kind of help are our people looking 4 from G7? I don't understand
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by idris4eva(m): 10:28am On Jun 08, 2015
cocokiller1:
what governor. ?was he there the night they took the girls away?that governor nd the principal of the school na suspects too. so what first hand info does he have,dats if he'll not go there and lie like they olways do...BH can only end the moment they start realising lives are wasting nd start saying the truth.
and who tells u they are going to realize what they are doing. And what evidence did you have that makes you think the governor was involve
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by DMerciful(m): 10:34am On Jun 08, 2015
Are you guys saying Buhari can not give details or account of Bokoharam menace to the G7 leaders unless Shettima is with him? Oh, i remember, he is the Daura President! grin
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by Chiaka(f): 10:36am On Jun 08, 2015
vimi:
Imagine a man who's state iis on fire touring around, leaving the state to Aisha Buhari and Atiku to be iin charge.

What value will that stone head shettima add iin a summit like G7?

Meanwhile BMB for president 2019 grin
grin

'Aisha Buhari and Atiku ' are from Adamawa State and not Borno State. grin grin
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by Rendition(m): 10:37am On Jun 08, 2015
mandhi:

Oremessanctus, Common sense shld make u understand when it comes to discussing security situation in the north east, who better to elaborate than the governor of the state representing the region, and the president the nation at Large.
Godbless u, pls educate d idiots
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by Chiaka(f): 10:42am On Jun 08, 2015
ok
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by jascon1(m): 10:43am On Jun 08, 2015
mandhi:

Oremessanctus, Common sense shld make u understand when it comes to discussing security situation in the north east, who better to elaborate than the governor of the state representing the region, and the president the nation at Large.
over sense Na kill u.... There's what we call line of reporting. G summit is not a summit for detailed interrogatory sessions. No need to bring the governor as if he came to attest the veracity of Buhari's report. He's useless in the summit. Follow it up n u will hardly see him holding a microphone. He hasn't told Nigerians what has happened in his state yet, how then can get tell the world?
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by mapet: 10:44am On Jun 08, 2015
OK slow down,

1. Unfortunately we may not be able to take this discussion too far as obviously we are not related reasoning wise........
2. When a president goes on missions, diplomatic as it is, he chooses his team I thought I made that obvious assertion which you're yet to debunk.
3. Please stop throwing loose points that are hardly facts in the air. Yes Buhari receives deepest intelligence reports.......... I thought if GEJ had made the kind of effort Buhari is making diplomatic wise, especially with the deepest intelligence reports, we probably would have calmed the storm of Boko Haram
4. Did Shetima gate crash into the entourage or Buhari invited him? Will Buhari have invited him if he didn't need him on the trip? As much as we are not privy to the details of Shetima's specific role on the visit to to G7, we can simply hazard a reasonable guess. I was wondering specifically what you want Shetima to be doing within the 2 day visit? to stay in Maiduguri and fight with bows, arrows and cudgels? Have you imagined that during these discussions, there could be break-out sessions where small teams will be formed and representatives put in these small teams to discuss the issues to the granular detail? Will Buhari divide himself into those number of teams?
5. It sound logical to me that a state governor who is the legal chief security officer of a state is competent enough to represent that state in supportive role to the president anywhere in the world. If you don't get that then nothing I can do..........
6. I'm tempted to believe the complexity of what that visit entails and the expected outcome is something your mind cannot decipher, so your bland argument is understandable
porka:

Oga, you people are just indicting this your dullard president everyday in the name of making excuses for him.

Sometimes one wonders whether you guys actually reason out things you post here or they are mere emotional outbursts.

As the president, Buhari receives the deepest intelligence and security briefings every time. All the 36 states governors combined do not have the kind of information Buhari currently has on Nigeria's security.

Some security reports on Boko Haram that Shettima will never know are in Buhari's possession.

What then is this argument about taking Shettima along to 'explain' to their masters as the governor at the centre of the insurgency?

What does it mean? Are you saying they won't believe Buhari's own version? Are you saying Buhari is not coherent enough? Are you saying Buhari is too dull to 'explain' things clearly? Is Buhari not in the best frame of mind to articulate his 'wishes' to their masters? Is he sick or too weak to withstand the physical rigors? Has he been lying to them that they would need a witness before they believe what he says?

How does it sound in your ears that a state governor is in the best position in matters of the country's security than the Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces. What then is Buhari's job description?

What exactly is that explanation? Is he going to narrate the history of Boko Haram to them? Are you aware that Boko Haram terrorists are all over Nigeria and not limited to Bornu alone?

They could as well have taken the Chairmen of the affected LGAs if we have to follow your logic.
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by myproperty(m): 10:44am On Jun 08, 2015
mandhi:

Maybe, but if had one you would understand that before military comes in to combat BH, people like the governor Needs to come in because of the massive collateral damage and aw to mitigate the effects of the war. Open ur mind pls and stop been myopic.

Myopic you say? May be canvassing amnesty for BH as the Governor have been saying is what makes sense to you and a contrary opinion must be from a myopic mind. What does a man who canvasses amnesty to a group of blood hungry terrorist that have killed so much and rendered many homeless have to say to an international assembly that does not believe in negotiating with terrorist not to talk about amnesty. His he going there to disgrace a young Government and our country by talking about amnesty for blood hungry terrorist?
I understand that the President being the Chief security officer going there to talk but not a man that gave WAEC a go ahead on the promise that he would provide adequate security for the students, but never did which led to the event " Chibok girls".

The next thing you would do is to call me another name .
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by cocokiller1(f): 10:45am On Jun 08, 2015
idris4eva:
and who tells u they are going to realize what they are doing. And what evidence did you have that makes you think the governor was involve
nd what evidence do u have to show he has first hand info when he wasn't evn there.
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by Chidoks(f): 10:47am On Jun 08, 2015
musiwa93:
Fashola is a free citizen. He can do what he like. Fashola is not representing the country of western nigeria.

He is just a free citizen invited by bihari.

Musiwa where have you been??
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by BluePulse: 10:48am On Jun 08, 2015
StepTwo:

will we be correct to say a Man who's house is on fire should go on a ''not very neccessary'' function leaving it to His wife to handle?

Abeg u are not making sense! Vices and Deputies are there for a reason!
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by SirAweezy(m): 10:48am On Jun 08, 2015
lexy2014:
I don't understand oh. Is it that d president are going 2 ask d G7 2 come and fight boko or what?

The major discussion for the Nigerian president is how they will assist in fighting this good for nothing terrorist.
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by BluePulse: 10:50am On Jun 08, 2015
lilprinze:
Why is shettima in Germany? what's his businesses with the G7 submit. He was not invited to the G7 submit.
I see no reason why he should be in Germany.

Ode!!! Who better than Shettima to explain BH insurgence in Naija? U or Ben Bruce?
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by BluePulse: 10:52am On Jun 08, 2015
Day11:
Borno State Gov with Buhari to Germany. Boko HARAM comes to mind.

He Shettima is the Gov of Borno State, so nothing is wrong for him telling the World Leaders about the Boko niqqaz.

My opinion though. angry

Guy ur opinion make sense die! Its very simple to analyze, but pple jst have problems undastndin d simple and go 4 d complex. Se na Ben Bruce won go explain BH insurgence b4 ni.. Chop knuckle bro.
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by butterboi15(m): 11:00am On Jun 08, 2015
am totally suprised o what good is his presence in Germany mean while is people are been killed in borno.it goes to show he doesn't have dem at heart PMB should ve advised him not to follow self
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by EPOMA(m): 11:48am On Jun 08, 2015
kcng:
Borno state is the most affected state by terrorist sect Boko haram. What is wrong with taking the most affected governor who has a first hand experience of how much negative effect the terrorist group boko haram has had on his state. How does ben bruce know Borno gov will not be briefing the international committee on how they can help security wise aid wise & social wise, so boko haram can be fought on two fronts. 1. Military 2. Socially. Let's face it, we all know na poverty and illiteracy cause boko Haram. If you've never been to borno state or have no idea of how bad their economy is over there, then it's better to just let people who know talk. Ben bruce should tell Nigerians how he raised the money for silverbird Galleria? And STV? He's just looking for cheap publicity. He has no point.

Thank you
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by 989900: 11:53am On Jun 08, 2015
kcng:

There you have it . . .
You just photocopied my mind.
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by 989900: 11:54am On Jun 08, 2015
Abugab:
PMB was invited to G7 meeting largely because of BH activities. Borno state is the heart of their operations and the biggest loser in this whole insurgency palava.
PMB going with Shettima is a good move as he is the principal character here as his domain has been the theatre. He has first hand information and will also be able to take part in meaningful discussions with facts and figures.

The army, police and other security operations are on ground and Shettima doesn't need to be on the battle field.
The Deputy is on ground and can fit into the position while Shettina is attending G7

GBAM!
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by lexy2014: 11:55am On Jun 08, 2015
SirAweezy:

The major discussion for the Nigerian president is how they will assist in fighting this good for nothing terrorist.
Alright but in my estimation I think BH has been weakened militarily hence d use of suicide bombers in their recent onslaught. Don't no how G7 will b useful in this regard cos if I were G7 I will ask buhari 4 his strategy 2 curtail BH first b4 offering any assist. He has 2 have a plan first and that plan should already b on ground e.g. Banning long hijabs and more aggressive intelligence gathering would b a good place 2 start. Cos it seems like he is saying 2 G7 "come and fight 4 us". It doesn't inspire much confidence. Wishing d president d best though
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by 989900: 11:57am On Jun 08, 2015
porka:

Oga, you people are just indicting this your dullard president everyday in the name of making excuses for him.

Sometimes one wonders whether you guys actually reason out things you post here or they are mere emotional outbursts.

As the president, Buhari receives the deepest intelligence and security briefings every time. All the 36 states governors combined do not have the kind of information Buhari currently has on Nigeria's security.

Some security reports on Boko Haram that Shettima will never know are in Buhari's possession.

What then is this argument about taking Shettima along to 'explain' to their masters as the governor at the centre of the insurgency?

What does it mean? Are you saying they won't believe Buhari's own version? Are you saying Buhari is not coherent enough? Are you saying Buhari is too dull to 'explain' things clearly? Is Buhari not in the best frame of mind to articulate his 'wishes' to their masters? Is he sick or too weak to withstand the physical rigors? Has he been lying to them that they would need a witness before they believe what he says?

How does it sound in your ears that a state governor is in the best position in matters of the country's security than the Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces. What then is Buhari's job description?

What exactly is that explanation? Is he going to narrate the history of Boko Haram to them? Are you aware that Boko Haram terrorists are all over Nigeria and not limited to Bornu alone?

They could as well have taken the Chairmen of the affected LGAs if we have to follow your logic.

Inept reasoning.
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by 989900: 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
lexy2014:
Alright but in my estimation I think BH has been weakened militarily hence d use of suicide bombers in their recent onslaught. Don't no how G7 will b useful in this regard cos if I were G7 I will ask buhari 4 his strategy 2 curtail BH first b4 offering any assist. He has 2 have a plan first and that plan should already b on ground e.g. Banning long hijabs and more aggressive intelligence gathering would b a good place 2 start. Cos it seems like he is saying 2 G7 "come and fight 4 us". It doesn't inspire much confidence. Wishing d president d best though

BH has metamorphosized. Actually, macro evolved over time.

And the grievous news now is, BH is now ISWAP (Islamic State's West African Province)!!!

So we have an international problem spanning tens of countries.

I just don't get it when street people think they can intelligently contribute to very sensitive situations with limited Intel.
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by mordiemmanuel: 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
Nigerians please think! buhari is attending the meeting to err out issues on Insurgency to the World power, to see if the can help. who is the Governor of the Insurgent State? wouldn't it be Wise if shettima follows him? to explain better.......Wake up ur Ideas Nigerians.
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by idris4eva(m): 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
cocokiller1:
nd what evidence do u have to show he has first hand info when he wasn't evn there.
because he his the first citizen of the state and there are commissioners who bring back what happens to him.....have I answered ur question
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by SirAweezy(m): 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
lexy2014:

Woow just amazed that u were in my thought Banning of hijab was the first I thought of on my bed this morning. It will go along way honestly
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by TolaniLuv: 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2015
Part of the Change una go see. Dis 4 years no go easy I swear.

Nigerians are so smart and smtimes we are so clueless . ....GEJ
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
Well, the useless people of Bornu voted for the clueless one like Jona who watched hopelessly while their fellow citizens are being raped,killed and made homeless.

I pity for Borno people for allowing the animal to come back again as governor.

sHAMe.
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by killafree: 1:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
mandhi:

Dont mind clueless nigerians. Buhari went to discuss the security situation within nigerian in lieu of the bk insurgency and how the G7 can assist amidst other issues and they think shettima went there to drink champagne? Ben Murray bruce mus be a simpleton with a microphone to also talk like that. Shettima has first hand information vital to this issue since his state and region are under siege so he shouldn't be there? He has more live information with respect to this issue than even buhari.
Re: Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany by mandhi(m): 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
killafree:

Dont mind clueless nigerians. Buhari went to discuss the security situation within nigerian in lieu of the bk insurgency and how the G7 can assist amidst other issues and they think shettima went there to drink champagne? Ben Murray bruce mus be a simpleton with a microphone to also talk like that. Shettima has first hand information vital to this issue since his state and region are under siege so he shouldn't be there? He has more live information with respect to this issue than even buhari.
Exactly, one of the reason am perplex as to how a learned person like Murray Bruce would be the one to make that statement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Approves N400bn For Workers’ Salaries / Photos Of Biafra Shoes Made In Aba / Governor Fayose Spotted Frying Garri In Ikole, Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.