Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event (24255 Views)

Caption This Photo Oyegun And Tinubu At Book Presentation On Buhari / APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) / Aisha Buhari, Ambode, Tinubu At A Wedding Ceremony In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by peleson: 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
Dharniel:
Are there no other principal official in the party that could represent the chairman, rather than the governnr himself? That shows he is a mere errand boi. His name is meant to be Akinwunmi Akpan Ambode...

Tinubu is not the apc chairman
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by Toksytoks(m): 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
The organizers of the events should be flogged for inviting someone like Tinubu who is a core politician to speak about "African Young Entrepreneurs Empowerment Nigeria, AYEEN 2015" empower young Africans to become politicians?

Tinubu is trying to give Ambode visibility and probably build up the AMBODE brand like he did to fashola when nobody else spotted the talent in Fashola.

Ambode on the other should have prepared his own speech
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by ndcide(m): 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2015
Flets:
Our democracy cannot thrive this way

Tribalism and ethnocentrism has finished Nigeria. Otherwise.... there is no way Ambo can be governor of lagos state.

The same folks who complain about toll fees on the ajah axis dumped an option of Jimi who promised to take out the toll and voted an Ambo who will be activating the 2nd toll soon........ Reason:tribalism

And the folks haven't stop complaining about the toll fees still

Spot on....

And we want to fight corruption with this kind of thing....
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by anumide(f): 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2015
FreeGlobe:
National leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is clearly still excited about his party’s nationwide victory at the recently concluded elections.

On Sunday, he noted how he and other party officials were mocked at and derided when they conceived the idea of forcing the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, out of power two years ago.

Tinubu who was represented by the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, at the African Young Entrepreneurs Empowerment Nigeria, AYEEN 2015 programme in Lagos, weekend, urged youths not to ever give up on their ideas “even if no one believes in you.”

Tinubu said, “If I didn’t believe in the bold initiative, I wouldn’t have lent myself to the unprecedented merger of the political parties that became the APC. We wouldn’t have challenged the incumbent party controlling the central government, People’s Democratic Party, PDP.

“There is no incumbent that has ever lost an election in this country. At the beginning of that journey, we were laughed at, we weren’t given a chance. We were told that we have embarked on an exercise in futility. Yet we believed in the justness of our call. The criticism didn’t deter us but encouraged us.

“That exercise has become a history-making exercise. The party that was described as dead on arrival has, however, given birth to a new government, spirit and better democracy.”

http://www.thescoopng.com/ambode-represents-tinubu-at-event-says-they-laughed-at-us-but-we-still-believed/
@ bolded, only in Nigeria
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by ubongutioh(m): 2:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
Dharniel:
Are there no other principal official in the party that could represent the chairman, rather than the governnr himself? That shows he is a mere errand boi. His name is meant to be Akinwunmi Akpan Ambode...
You are insane... Is 'Akpan' giving u nightmares?
Maybe you don't know that our oil money is feeding the whole country... Insult us again and thunder will fire you. You don't even know the National Chairman of APC, and Akpan knows.
Illiterate yoruba.
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by makyegh(m): 3:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
When some of us were weary of Buhari and we pointed at Tinubu, some misunderstood us. The battle of wits btw Baba Buhari and Tinubu is one fight I will wait for because I see it coming and I know it will. I have a rinh side seat on that one.
Ambode is being the gud boi that Akiolu and company expect.
Next, Ambode will represent Oba Akiolu, that is when u guys will know who owns d gavnno.
Selah!
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2015
ubongutioh:

You are insane... Is 'Akpan' giving u nightmares?
Maybe you don't know that our oil money is feeding the whole country... Insult us again and thunder will fire you.

i meant no insult to no tribe, you just taking it P.
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by Krisddon: 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
FreeGlobe:
where do I start, what do I say? Lagos and indeed Nigeria has gone to the dogs shocked
Dog small my dear, na shark for lagoon department. grin
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by folks4luv(f): 3:22pm On Jun 08, 2015
this remind me of d situation in kwara state. simply put, Tinubu is 'his Excellency' while Ambode is just d governor...

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by shamme2005(m): 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2015
well i am an ardent supporter of APC but i tink d governor goofed on this, and again i see ambode making APC to loose lagos in 2019,
because i see them coming out like a tsunami in 2019, the Igbos

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by ideologies(m): 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
Omotayor123:
Who is representing who

Who is Tinubu National Leader of APC. ...
Too busy & Was represented by a State Governor

And who is more important?
The Governor or a Party Leader

Mtchewwwwwwwww!!!!!! Iranu...Rubbish..!

Mumu representing Mumu...Ishh!!!!!
babe cheesy

You just disgraced yourself with your comments.
Hahaha

Anyway when you become the president represent the leader of your party at events
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by ideologies(m): 4:07pm On Jun 08, 2015
folks4luv:
this remind me of d situation in kwara state. simply put, Tinubu is 'his Excellency' while Ambode is just d governor...
kwara state is worse
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by Plutonium(m): 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2015
Dharniel:

What is the 'Akpan' for? if na reference to Akwa Ibom then you are just being ignorant. Today, where you go see 'Akpan' houseboy? Their state is more likely better than yours? The 'Akpan' you are talking about don get master's degree, dey drive BMW, you dey nairaland dey live in the past.
Shine ya eye o!
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by fuckerholic(m): 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2015
Dharniel:

cuz that's the name most house boys bears...
I guess dats in movies...lol
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by johnie: 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
agabusta:

Back to the story, this is not nice at all. it seems Ambode has not come to the full realization of the enormous powers that has been handed over to him. One cannot blame him totally though, he is kind of new, with time, he'll be more confident and understands protocol better.
I think this is a big goof sha and his protocol officer and Chief of Staff needs to be fired for this nonsense.

I thought APC said Jimi Agbaje would be a learner and we should not vote someone who would learn on the job?
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 08, 2015
Plutonium:

What is the 'Akpan' for? if na reference to Akwa Ibom then you are just being ignorant. Today, where you go see 'Akpan' houseboy? Their state is more likely better than yours? The 'Akpan' you are talking about don get master's degree, dey drive BMW, you dey nairaland dey live in the past.
Shine ya eye o!

To my akwa ibom and cross river brothers, i meant no insult when i said akpan, i was just referring to the governor being a house boy to tinubu, and akpan is the only popular house boy name i could think of. i'm sorry once again, i meant no tribalistic offence...

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by nigerhead(m): 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
Its sad that folks do not understand the symbolism behind this story.

A sitting governor being asked to represent a Party leader (Tinubu is just a "chieftain" aka "power broker"wink at a public function. The minute Ambode became governor while he is still primarily an agent of the APC, he is now the governor of all Lagosians and carries the will and power of all Lagosians, even those that didn't vote for him.

Tinubu is still a private citizen, who we did not at this time give our combined powers to. He does not represent any will of the people.

So what is the problem? How can Tinubu who does not have the express and legal backing of the people of Lagos, now explicitly and overtly show that he can bend the will of the people, by asking the governor to represent him. It is an affront to the office of the governor.

If it was at a private and closed off function then by all means and purposes carry on and represent your benefactor, but at a public function, NO WAY, PLEASE! Will we soon hear that Buhari is repping Tinubu at a public function or where does it stop?

It is not a legal arguement, but it is a moral one, especially in our society where stories of "godfathers" teleguiding and looting by proxy our collective commonwealth are rife.

PS: While not a card carrying APC member I did support the change mantra in my own little way. So its not as if I am speaking from a place of envy or whatever. But what is wrong is wrong. And this is wrong. We were saying JK was going to be teleguided by PDP goons and rejected that. Is this not the same scenario happening?
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by iiiyyyk(m): 9:22pm On Jun 08, 2015
Dharniel:

See your Kind of mind. Why Akpan? That is an insult to ibibios and efiks.

That is stereotype. Please STOP TRIBAL STEREOTYPING.

Apologise immediately.

Proudly Igbo.
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
iiiyyyk:

See your Kind of mind. Why Akpan? That is an insult to ibibios and efiks.

That is stereotype. Please STOP TRIBAL STEREOTYPING.

Apologise immediately.

Proudly Igbo.

i've been accused by several people and i've apologized, but i honestly meant no offense
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by nigeriacustom60(f): 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2015
SLASHES DOWN OWN PRICE OF CEMENT BY 40%.
Dangote Cement ,Obajana ,Kogi state is proud to inform the general public that the price of dangote cément 3x (50 kg)42.5R has been drastically slashed down to a minimum promo price of #1000 per bag.Interested buyers,distributors,contractors ,wholesalers and retailers are hereby advice to contact JEREMIAH MARCUS on 08063268251 for more information and to make a request.
Note: This is only open to person or persons buying above hundred bags.*!!'""CALL 08063268251 OR follow this link to register http://dangote.com/downloads/Dangote-Cement-Application-Registration-Form-2015 pdf

Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by BLOTRS: 4:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
This is totally absurd! A Governor representing someone with no authority? okay oh so Lagosians now represents Tinubu...nonsense!
Re: Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event by stevecantrell: 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
Dharniel:

To my akwa ibom and cross river brothers, i meant no insult when i said akpan, i was just referring to the governor being a house boy to tinubu, and akpan is the only popular house boy name i could think of. i'm sorry once again, i meant no tribalistic offence...

You're only making it worse grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PMB, El-Rufai, Onu, Lai Mohammed & Oyegun At APC ‘Salvation Rally’ In 2014 / Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani / Fact Check: Tinubu Makes Fresh Claim On PVC Expiry Date, Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.