Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) (42116 Views)

"Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole / Disadvantage Of Dry Gin (OGOGORO) / Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by Legit: 1:09am On Jun 09, 2015
Mogidi:

Nigeria is a free country, why should Christians not be allowed to drink alcohol because it offends the sensibilities of Islam? Rubbish!!

You can ban alcohol in the North but do not meddle in our way of life over here.
I am from d south, I dont want Alcohol in the south, it destroy family and killed innocent by way of drunk driving. You bigot turn everything to religion and North and South.

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by Emyogalanya: 1:20am On Jun 09, 2015
And islamization begins
Mogidi:

Nigeria is a free country, why should Christians not be allowed to drink alcohol because it offends the sensibilities of Islam? Rubbish!!

You can ban alcohol in the North but do not meddle in our way of life over here.
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by NovusHomo(m): 1:31am On Jun 09, 2015
GEJ will sue! grin
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by ckiel: 1:31am On Jun 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by Ilekeh(f): 1:31am On Jun 09, 2015
Cheii GEJ o go like this one o shocked shocked
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by ignis: 2:11am On Jun 09, 2015
Change is here. ..
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by jimts(m): 2:46am On Jun 09, 2015
Mogidi:

And does christianity support drinking in the first place?
Oga u better jack ur bible well...
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by Sholah96(m): 2:52am On Jun 09, 2015
Mogidi:
Trust Buhari to ban ogogoro, very soon we would all be required to drink only fura de nono.

Buhari Bans?
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by Baba419(m): 2:58am On Jun 09, 2015
Who said that that they are looking for me?
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by notoriousbabe: 2:59am On Jun 09, 2015
Uncle Jonathan's favourite drink grin wahala dey o
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by Taofiq007: 3:04am On Jun 09, 2015
"The government however confirmed that the death toll in Rivers State had risen to 38 and 18 in Ode-Irele, Ondo State, following the consumption of local gin". Pls check the sentence! undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by Nobody: 3:11am On Jun 09, 2015
Legit:
I am from d south, I dont want Alcohol in the south, it destroy family and killed innocent by way of drunk driving. You bigot turn everything to religion and North and South.
You don't want alcohol in the south, right? You talk like a kid. Last time I checked Nigeria is a secular nation, with the law standing far above religion. If u don't like alcohol because u can't control urself after taking it then stay off it.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by Panter215: 3:33am On Jun 09, 2015
Ban ban ban. Are there no other solution? Can we not help with the refining and also export like other countries. If it is not from Europe or America it can not be good. Black people will never learn.
notoriousbabe:
Uncle Jonathan's favourite drink grin wahala dey o
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by DipoDaniel: 4:12am On Jun 09, 2015
Mogidi:

i guesss you miss the context smiley
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by sparkleRed(f): 4:40am On Jun 09, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
GOD forbid, not my Jesus, be careful of what u say, because blasphemy is an unforgiven sin.

He took it! Water to wine!

1 Like

Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:55am On Jun 09, 2015
Thank God its not orijin@ban... #e no concern me@Ogogoro.
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by sanandreas(m): 5:12am On Jun 09, 2015
phyllosilicate:
This would be difficult to enforce, but it is a good move. Ogogoro has led to the downfall of many men and the destruction of marriages.

U studied geoscience
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by Nobody: 5:16am On Jun 09, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
FG better not try to do what it can not finish. This is a locally refined gin from a natural product that has been taken by the locals hundred of years ago. It sever many purposes ranging from medicine to entertainment. The local medicine are made with ogogoro and not from any chemical compositions called alcohol. This from a very long time has done nothing wrong with the body system. The general public should note that Ogogoro does not kill. It is those bad chemical and drug mixture that kills. Original ogogoro does not do any harm to the body. Even the doctors advice people to take it. It is those fake ones that kill and do lot of damages to the body system.

Fake things is not here today. Ogogoro is not the only product out there which fake replica is in the market. Fake drugs like paracetamol and even bread is out there. I was in the market where I found an old mama identifying a fake red oil mere by tasting it. What would have happened to those thay do not know original oil from the fake one? Who keeps the record of those thay have died from taking fake food and drugs? How many thousands should we count of people thay have died by taking expired medicine? Does this make the government raise a ban on medicine and food?

Ogogoro have become a field of investment. It has produces millionaires and help the poor one sustain into the poor economy system. What would happen to there business? Are we going to push them back into zero job oppourtunity economy?

There are lot of houses in Ogun and lagos state where fake seaman and schnapp are been made. Lot of beers are made in the east which are fake and have claimed lot of lives. Government should wage war on these people producing fake food and drugs.

Government should encourage us to refine out own local wine and gin. We need to keep watering investment oppourtunity and not put ban just on anything.

In the case of getting drunk, foreign beer and gin too make people tumble into gutter. There is no justification for banning products like ogogoro and palm wine. It is natural product and do the body system lot of good than those chemical composed drugs which kill us steadily.

Ogogoro must stay

I got your point and it makes sense. Placing a ban on ogogoro won't stop people from food poisoning , even fake imported exotic drinks.
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by hopeforcharles(m): 5:19am On Jun 09, 2015
Mogidi:
Trust Buhari to ban ogogoro, very soon we would all be required to drink only fura de nono.
Hahahahahhahah you are so so on point, Behold the Beginning of the most feared Islamisation of Nigeria. Soon just as you said it's fura de nono will become the legitimate government permitted drink.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by Samsteph3k(m): 5:23am On Jun 09, 2015
agarawu23:
you are not getting it bro, "ogogoro" isn't the same with beer and other alcoholic drinks.
normally "ogogoro" isn't good for your health and I think this move is for our own good not Muslim or xtain issue.

My dear that drink is natural and also medicinal, it depends on what does people ate along side with the drink that caused the death. So it should not be banned as such!!!
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by kristisking(m): 5:33am On Jun 09, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
FG better not try to do what it can not finish. This is a locally refined gin from a natural product that has been taken by the locals hundred of years ago. It sever many purposes ranging from medicine to entertainment. The local medicine are made with ogogoro and not from any chemical compositions called alcohol. This from a very long time has done nothing wrong with the body system. The general public should note that Ogogoro does not kill. It is those bad chemical and drug mixture that kills. Original ogogoro does not do any harm to the body. Even the doctors advice people to take it. It is those fake ones that kill and do lot of damages to the body system.

Fake things is not here today. Ogogoro is not the only product out there which fake replica is in the market. Fake drugs like paracetamol and even bread is out there. I was in the market where I found an old mama identifying a fake red oil mere by tasting it. What would have happened to those thay do not know original oil from the fake one? Who keeps the record of those thay have died from taking fake food and drugs? How many thousands should we count of people thay have died by taking expired medicine? Does this make the government raise a ban on medicine and food?

Ogogoro have become a field of investment. It has produces millionaires and help the poor one sustain into the poor economy system. What would happen to there business? Are we going to push them back into zero job oppourtunity economy?

There are lot of houses in Ogun and lagos state where fake seaman and schnapp are been made. Lot of beers are made in the east which are fake and have claimed lot of lives. Government should wage war on these people producing fake food and drugs.

Government should encourage us to refine out own local wine and gin. We need to keep watering investment oppourtunity and not put ban just on anything.

In the case of getting drunk, foreign beer and gin too make people tumble into gutter. There is no justification for banning products like ogogoro and palm wine. It is natural product and do the body system lot of good than those chemical composed drugs which kill us steadily.

Ogogoro must stay
I guess you are under the influence of 'ogogoro'!It is a welcome decision to ban its consumption,at least those irresponsible men out there who take it with reckless abandon will stop.Ogogoro is dangerous to your health.Be warned.
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by anonimi: 5:37am On Jun 09, 2015
atlwireles:

Police raid will only lead to more firearms in the hands of the producer. Somebody should call this government to order asap. Ogogoro is big business, yes billions of Naira monthly. Regulate it and leave people to make their living, as they have done for donkey years.

Regulation through

- Distilling licences
- Standards setting
- Monitoring, sensitisation & enforcement
- Taxation

is what a THINKING government would do at the LGA, State and federal level.

I guess under a Sharia-loving Brainless Buhari that would be asking for the impossible and impossican't!!!

BTW, how is ogogoro different from imported London Dry Gin, Aromatic Schnapps etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by ebamma(m): 5:50am On Jun 09, 2015
Reptyle:
Nigerians in 2 states have died and have had their deaths traced to ogogoro consumption. Government both at the state and national level has done what any responsible government should do....protect human life.

It is hard to believe that there are actually people here that see something wrong with this move.

But then again, this is Naija....where common sense is in short supply.

Nigerians in many states have died from tanker and bus accidents, he should also ban tanker and buses too

1 Like

Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by philclem(m): 5:53am On Jun 09, 2015
Next is ORIJIN lipsrsealed
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by EmekaBlue(m): 5:54am On Jun 09, 2015
Is this the kinda work u suppose dey do? Abeg leave ogogoro joor
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by DeepSight(m): 5:56am On Jun 09, 2015
anonimi:

Regulation through

- Distilling licences
- Standards setting
- Monitoring, sensitisation & enforcement
- Taxation

is what a THINKING government would do at the LGA, State and federal level.

I guess under a Sharia-loving Brainless Buhari that would be asking for the impossible and impossican't!!!

BTW, how is ogogoro different from imported London Dry Gin, Aromatic Schnapps etc

Abeg tell them o.

Nigeria is a country full of thoughtless re.tards.

And we are headed for the cliffs.
I really hope Nigerians enjoy their choice of Buhari (if it was a choice at all - as I am personally aware the process was tele-guided from beyond these shores) - but I will always feel personally embarrassed at this point in time to call myself a Nigerian.

A clueless people without a sense of history celebrate the election of a former Military Dictator as their salvation.
In 1999, it was Obasanjo. After 30 years. In 2015 it is Buhari. After 30 years.
The same tiny group of generals recyled over and over again even into their extreme old age.

Please dont be surprised in this dim witted country if you have Abdulsalami or IBB as future president. I can also promise you that were Abacha to be alive, he would also be a widely celebrated future candidate for president.

This is the stench and madness that we call Nigeria. I wonder what Fela, Dele-Giwa, Tai Solarin, Gani Fawenhimi, Ken Saro-Wiwa and many other dearly departed heroes would think of us.

Enthroning and wildly celebrating "Animals in Human Skin. . . . . "

And this is celebrated as "change".
I really can't stop laughing at the shallowness, bankruptcy of mind and emptiness of my compatriots.

Nigerians are a sorry lot, with (sad to say) an extremely sorry future awaiting them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by agarawu23(m): 5:59am On Jun 09, 2015
Samsteph3k:

My dear that drink is natural and also medicinal, it depends on what does people ate along side with the drink that caused the death. So it should not be banned as such!!!
ok bro, let's see the outcome of it.
morning
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by drnoel: 6:00am On Jun 09, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Very Good

Not fair, what would the common man now use to clear his stomach? As the price of Jack Daniels is in the roof
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by agarawu23(m): 6:02am On Jun 09, 2015
byrron:

so when are they going to ban smoking of tobacco as well because it is also not good for the health of all Nigerians?

Is Ogogoro the first on the list of problems plaguing Nigeria at the moment? This is how cluelessness in leadership starts ooooo.
banning ogogoro isn't new in the list of federal government.

morning
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by agarawu23(m): 6:05am On Jun 09, 2015
darkjorse:
Ignoramus...... Dis you know how many people die each year from tuberculosis gotten from fura da nono? It should also be banned
embarassed sad I am not the federal government
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by agarawu23(m): 6:05am On Jun 09, 2015
Habeyy:
u no mention am finish ,they should also ban blood tonic
grin
Re: FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) by ebamma(m): 6:06am On Jun 09, 2015
kristisking:
I guess you are under the influence of 'ogogoro'!It is a welcome decision to ban its consumption,at least those irresponsible men out there who take it with reckless abandon will stop.Ogogoro is dangerous to your health.Be warned.
and beer is not eh?,
My friend swerve,
Even if Ogogoro is not there, those irresponsible men you are talking about will always find another way to get a high,
So Ogogoro is not the problem, It's the men,
Ogogoro has been with us before Christianity and Islam sef, our forefathers mixed it with roots and herbs to cure different ailments,
In our place, we even have Ogogoro tappers who tap the Ogogoro from trees to survive and many women who sell it too to survive,
If this ban goes through we are talking about thousands of jobless people,
I hope Buhari did put that into consideration Cos you can ban a whole tree because of the few dead leaves on it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Long Did It Take To Break Your 2022 New Year Resolution / Gammora, Created By Zion Medical: HIV Drug Kills 99 Per Cent Of Virus / Lady Gives Birth On The Road While Going To Cast Her Vote In Port-Harcourt. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.