Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit (80689 Views)

Buhari's Outfit For The Ogun 40th Anniversary Celebration Today (Pics) / See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit / This Ghanaian Just Finished Nigeria On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
Our leaders should learn to wear suits in international meetings
That was one thing I faulted GEJ for
Buhari needs to correct that
Suit is official dressing everywhere in the world and it's not about to change
You don't need to stick out like a sore thumb with your outfit
Wear what everyone else is wearing and don't draw unnecessary attention to yourself by looking different from everyone else
Doesn't make you unpatriotic
Your intelligence poise and presentation makes the difference
We are not a world power
We are still a beggarly nation and how we present ourselves in world meetings matter

I am a proud Igbo woman but I won't go to a job interview wearing George wrapper even if were the most qualified candidate let alone if I barely made the requirements.
Doesn't make me less Igbo

He is out there as a job interview of sorts seeking partners and investors for the country
His outfit there must not be odd

At least he wasn't wearing parachute aka agbada
FYI that is what the international community calls agbada

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by madjune(m): 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
barcanista:
Na our Presido hand dem de fall so?

I'm sure you're looking for something to criticize about our President here.

Fortunately, there's none. So, damn the Ghanaians.

What do you think GEJ could have worn to this event?
Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by milky3(f): 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
Must Buhari wear what others are wearing, cant we take time to promote our culture... Abeg waka pass
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by horlabiyi(m): 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
The bloody idi0t is looking for our attention and we've given her/him. This is not about being a fan/supporter of a particular person or party. Buhari attire is very nice and I see no reason why he should put on suit just to feel among. Can't remember seeing David Cameron of UK, Putin of Russia or Obama of USA putting on Agbada or Buba. So,why must we Africans say no to our culture
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by MurderX: 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
One mediocre Charlie too wanna be heard.

Does he even understand the meaning of fashionable? His English is so poor. angry

God bless that tailor that sewed President Buhari's cloth. Slim fitted, smart and very elegant on Baba.

I dare to say Baba even looks smarter than our immediate past president.

Charlie, e dey pain you say G7 no invite Ghana?
If charlie wants to be a fashion critic he should start with his grammar. This common phrase "be on suit" is so wrong, I dont understand what we mean when we say someone is "on a cloth". Please lets always think before we speak; someone can only be in a cloth not on a cloth. Is he standing on a suit or do we stand on our clothes? Charlie abeg correct your english to "in suit" and not "on suit".

4 Likes

Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by jomoh: 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Buhari dresses like a fulani cattle rearer. FACT

But he's still your president. When he's passing you must stop.

You don't like it? The lagoon is wide open.

Decide quickly let's know how many of us is remaining in Naija.
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by unigdh: 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
This is how you allow the Europeans to flush away your culture.
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by ekefre4(m): 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
ichidodo:
And you wonder why he's archaic and brainless,my dear Ghanaian. We shudder to imagine the state of his government and country as far as his taste his concerned,as you have noticed via the current undisturbed nefariousities of BH, the country is on a slow motion into stone age...The Hypocritical Daura President just isn't the real deal.
I pronounce sense on to thee..u foolish one. Receive!!!! *in pastor chris' voice*

2 Likes

Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by babadem2much(m): 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
THIS GHANIAN BRAIN DE FOR HIN SHOE. GHANA NO GET CULTURE NI? I PITY FOR THOSE DUMBASS SUPPORTING THE GHANIAN PRESZENTA. INFACT HE DE CRAZE
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by ibnjarir93(m): 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
Another nitwit is at it again.
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by virus04(m): 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
why are other countries just jealous of nigeria
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by strongerthaneva(m): 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
temitemi1:
Buhari is an old school grin grin
I know ur point will be off key..ur Oga jona worst pass am..oga Jona wey go dress like fisher man and truck pusher nko?buhari handsome tall and simple to da heart even merkel chancellor of Germany dey trip for am not ogogoro master..
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by Dagoma: 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
llgnorant Ghanian who think suit is the only fashionable dress.
Learn how to keep quite if you don`t know what to say.

1 Like

Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by omonnakoda: 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2015
Taofeekbasit:
Ghanaians and their hypocrites mentality, pls leave my president alone, and 75% of them are like charcoal
Proudly African..... I beat ma chest
Leave that charcoal yarn abeg ,,
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2015
bakila:
PDP ghana branch.
lol
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by Uncletony(m): 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2015
Mek all these abokii take am easy jor!!..everyfin abt buhari is nt all abt hate.
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2015
The African woman in the back also wore an African outfit. I thought Buhari looked very good in his outfit. He stand tall and stands out.
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by tellwisdom: 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ishilove:
He can kiss my hairy black ass. Enough of this colonial mentality. The president is representing his African heritage to the fullest so what's the stress?

So ur yansh dey hairy?? sad ...I fit see?
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by dollyptosh(m): 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Buhari dresses like a fulani cattle rearer. FACT
May God help you

1 Like

Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
aflyingbird:
The African woman in the back also wore an African outfit. I thought Buhari looked very good in his outfit. He stand tall and stands out.

We don't need him looking odd or standing out
It's not to our advantage
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by ffo(m): 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
she is suffering from inferiority concert. even Ghanaian President do put on native attire during some of his visits to Nigeria.
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
Taofeekbasit:
Ghanaians and their hypocrites mentality, pls leave my president alone, and 75% of them are like charcoal
one Ghana person said sth and u are insulting d whole Ghana... dude dats not fair now.
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2015
MurderX:

If charlie wants to be a fashion critic he should start with his grammar. This common phrase "be on suit" is so wrong, I dont understand what we mean when we say someone is "on a cloth". Please lets always think before we speak; someone can only be in a cloth not on a cloth. Is he standing on a suit or do we stand on our clothes? Charlie abeg correct your english to "in suit" and not "on suit".
grin Nice observation.
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by OXYGEN01: 10:53pm On Jun 08, 2015
Taofeekbasit:
Which people as dark as charcoal and as ugly as apes than stu.pid nigerians?

1 Like

Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by Yomboy4ever(m): 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
I decree that your madness be reduced by half in Jesus name. Recieve sense to have sense nowwww!

Just by half? Amen in Jesus NAme Fireeeeee

1 Like

Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
How is it not to our advantage? Blessed is the man who can stand tall and be different. I don't see a problem because he didn't wear a suit at all. And you're saying he looks odd in that outfit? Makes no sense 'cuz he doesn't.

Like I said, the other African leader wore an African outfit too, not sure if she's the Liberian pres... can't see the face well, but no one's complaining about her. Jonathan himself was always in his black outfit and fisherman hat. Buhari looks good and has always looked very good in what he wears, he's in good physical shape too. You're being unnecessarily picky. If he had worn a suit, some of y'all would ask why he didn't wear his native attire. He wore a native attire, y'all are complaining, smh. Let the man live. It's unfortunate that it's you Africans who bring yourselves down. The other leaders at the summit don't care what the rest are wearing. They're all grown and mature men and women who understand that they all come from different cultures. I'm sure Buhari even got compliments on his outfit. This isn't the first time an African leader will wear a native attire to an event and won't be the last, so get used to it.

Babymama1:

We don't need him looking odd or standing out
It's not to our advantage

3 Likes

Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by omonnakoda: 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
Babymama1:
Our leaders should learn to wear suits in international meetings
That was one thing I faulted GEJ for
Buhari needs to correct that
Suit is official dressing everywhere in the world and it's not about to change
You don't need to stick out like a sore thumb with your outfit
Wear what everyone else is wearing and don't draw unnecessary attention to yourself by looking different from everyone else
Doesn't make you unpatriotic
Your intelligence poise and presentation makes the difference
We are not a world power
We are still a beggar lay nation and how we present ourselves in world meetings matter

I am a proud Igbo woman but I won't go to a job interview wearing George wrapper
Doesn't make me less Igbo

He is out there as a job interview of sorts seeking partners and investors for the country
His outfit there must not be odd

At least he wasn't wearing parachute aka agbada
FYI that is what the international community calls agbada
You are entitled to your opinion and to freedom of speech but suits are not official everywhere in the world. Maybe you are still young but Nigeria has been independent for 55 years and our founding fathers before that were engaged in negotiating idependence. Awolowo,Zik Tafawa Balewa etc wore our Nigeria clothes with style and pride.Maybe you do not get what is at stake.Nigeria is the biggest Black Nation and we should make a statement about how we are and want to be seen .We will not conform to fit in and we will be respected for it. I did not see Gaddafi in suits ,The King of Saudi,Mandela as President,The President of Indonesia So the idea that suits are a must is bizarre, Do you know how old the suit is Fashions ome and go so why should we copy them let them copy us. No Nigeria President wears suits and that is official!!

7 Likes

Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by Adesiji77: 10:57pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ishilove:

What? My ass? undecided

It isn't hairy, dear. It's just a manner of speaking grin

Pun intended cheesy
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by odave: 10:58pm On Jun 08, 2015
ekefre4:
I pronounce sense on to thee..u foolish one. Receive!!!! *in pastor chris' voice*

Hahahaha grin grin Amen pastor!
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by OXYGEN01: 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2015
nerodenero:
Sorry Ghanamustgo lady, wearing suit isn't part of our culture.
Why are nigerians trooping to Ghana like refugees? Is there any civil war in that useless country? Am kinda surprised.
Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by oloriooko(m): 11:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
The OP definitely is still suffering from colonial emotional oppression
Slave mentality has refused to free his/her mind in order to think like a free human being
So once you are not dressed like them you are inferior to them? What a mentality!

1 Like

Re: See What This Ghanaian TV Presenter Wrote About Buhari's Outfit To The G7summit by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 11:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
Yomboy4ever:

Just by half? Amen in Jesus NAme Fireeeeee
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Darey Art-Alade Shakes Iara, Oshiomhole Reacts (Photo) / Photos Of Diepreye Alamieyeseigha's Wife And Children / 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.