Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1077866 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by realone01(m): 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
true talk dear
tnuola:

My dear friend don't make people feel they can work and make their schools fees from working and schooling at the same time.. Its almost impossible,if one doesn't have enough, its best to gather enough money here before going there.
And there's no such thing as schooling at ones pace o

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by akanni(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
Supermum:
Hello house,

For a baby who has dual citizenship (Nigerian and American) whose parents are Nigerian and intend to study in Canada, what passport is most advisable to use for visa application.
Does it matter if baby uses her US pp while parents use their Nig pp. some pole have advised against this.
Gurus in the house, what do u advice

You use your baby's US passport which will be stamped at the border for the duration of your program, based on personal experience.
You are ok,it doesn't matter at all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pampem: 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
mevisbleek:

Why don't you want to write GRE? Guess u wld ve more options if u be it. Check university of windsor, Odette Business School. For aids and all please check the school site as well as some Google search. Gurus in the house can't do much cos no one has info about all the schools in Canada.

Yea, windsor doesn't require Gmat for supply chain but IELTS is compulsory . Check up details on the school site
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
Think not only for admission...think also for visa...
The admission can come easier....but don't be caught in no man's land when it comes to visa...
Think and make the best choice for your vsa application.
OGreene:
Good evening everyone, i have a ques that has been bothering me. My BSc was in biological sciences, i have worked in a financial institution for 2 years now. I wish to study Development Economics or international Development Economics in Canada, say next year. Will i be given admission seeing that am changing field? I have a 2.1.
How should i go about this, am so clueless now. Thanks angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pampem: 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
OGreene:
Good evening everyone, i have a ques that has been bothering me. My BSc was in biological sciences, i have worked in a financial institution for 2 years now. I wish to study Development Economics or international Development Economics in Canada, say next year. Will i be given admission seeing that am changing field? I have a 2.1.
How should i go about this, am so clueless now. Thanks angry
Hi,
To further in Economics @ master's level you need have knowledge of basic Economic principles basically micro, macro and Econometrics. There is nothing impossible though , you could get a Pre-Masters, like a qualifying then you do main masters in Economics afterwards. I advise you mail schools you are interested in. Sure you get responses from them. but for visa purposes, be sure you know your way round' why Economics. All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Think not only for admission...think also for visa...
The admission can come easier....but don't be caught in no man's land when it comes to visa...
Think and make the best choice for your vsa application.

He works in the Financial Services Industry so convincing the Vo about change of course MIGHT not be so difficult. Wht do u think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
this VO aint predictable.....2years isnt enough conviction to change your career path in my opinion
mevisbleek:

He works in the Financial Services Industry so convincing the Vo about change of course MIGHT not be so difficult. Wht do u think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
this VO aint predictable.....2years isnt enough conviction to change your career path in my opinion

Interesting. Why do you think that 2yrs isn't enough? A detailed SOP would be just fine, I guess.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pampem: 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
mevisbleek:

Interesting. Why do you think that 2yrs isn't enough? A detailed SOP would be just fine, I guess.
Yea yea, SOP will sort that out. Getting admission for Masters in Economics itself is a great task
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
how are we sure this VOS read SOPs nowadays...
it all balls down to prayers and having faith though if thats your strong desire.
mevisbleek:

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 7:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
how are we sure this VOS read SOPs nowadays...
it all balls down to prayers and having faith though if thats your strong desire.

I'm convinced that they do read a few lines. I agree with you on the prayer part. A lady completed her MBA in UK and applied for a diploma in business in canada and she was given the visa. So, one doesnt know what to think anymore.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
im telling you my sister.....
hinge all hope on God
no two situations are perfectly the same..........every case is unique
we can only try

mevisbleek:

I'm convinced that they do read a few lines. I agree with you on the prayer part. A lady completed her MBA in UK and applied for a diploma in business in canada and she was given the visa. So, one doesnt know what to think anymore.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Supermum: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
pampem:
supermum,
@supermom,
Biko use his /her Us passport while completing your application and family info form cos these guys have a way of finding out their infos. You do not need to pay application fee for a US born. A US citizen can enter canada, UK with their passport, no visa required, You only pay for yours . Just package your application well and be prayerful( Purpose of visit) cos those guys may feel you wanna go drop in their country again. All the best Regards

thanks Pampem
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 7:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
im telling you my sister.....
hinge all hope on God
no two situations are perfectly the same..........every case is unique
we can only try

I'm not a sister yet. My gender change surgery is in a month, for now you can call me Brother. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
lmao
mevisbleek:

I'm not a sister yet. My gender change surgery is in a month, for now you can call me Brother. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
@missivy i just pmed you.....kindly lets talk

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2015
thats pretty much my situation... my sponsor is writing that he'll be availing 4m naira for my tuition and expenses and i have 1m in my personal SOA and i'll be living with my bro whos home is very close to my sch. so dnt you think stating this in my sop will make convince the vo that the funds i have available will be sufficient. what do you think guys??
lightdotcom:
Don't think you are correct. It's a way of convincing the VO that your accommodation is sorted out already.

Maybe helpful if you are coming up with a shaking SOA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
Gods1son:

Check Ethiopian airline website, I booked for next week Friday.
pretty cool price..to whc destination?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
Kirri:
Congrats misIvy

Ancestors what have I done wrong why direct me to google(been there done that)
There must be someone here that has gone thru this process
I DON'T WANT TO WRITE GMAT/GRE
I need a school that offers masters in supply chain/Procurement/Logistics without the above exam as requirement

How can one handle tuition as in financial aid/loan or grants anything

Kindly advice ancestor Darefestus,haqyinsfbx(how's it spelt again?) shocked solomonwise, is JesusDway here, and everyother person I failed to mention cool

Awaiting your response

I guess Melvisbleeks has answerd you.

Most people who have applied for Supply Chain here are headed to college..you may consider that too if your CGPA isnt up to Universities requirement.

Per Financial aid, I guess it will come with Postgraduate admission if you are considered. A Gmat score may come in handy here. Havent heard of aids for college applicants tho, maybe there are some in-house Scholarships, mailing the admission office is your beat bet to get information.

All d best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ADEMOLAAAUA: 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ethiopian airline is quite cheap,some flights from lagos to toronto is abt 170k for return ticket,its quite cheaper during the weekends.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by elephantswimmin: 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
why do you need to include "certificate of state of origin?" LOL!!! that has nothing to do with your application.

Sorry about your delay. This is pretty straightforward. A couple million naira added to your sponsor's account or/and the addition of a co-sponsor with a more impressive closing balance would do nicely.[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
ADEMOLAAAUA:
Ethiopian airline is quite cheap,some flights from lagos to toronto is abt 170k for return ticket,its quite cheaper during the weekends.

the ones am seeing now is 300k plus to book ahead August Egyptian airline is still the cheapest btw 220k-250k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gods1son: 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
Chars1289:
pretty cool price..to whc destination?
Toronto Pearson airport... I'm heading to kitchener, Ontario
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lightdotcom: 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
I think ur tuition and duration of study matters here. For example if you going for a year program I guess d money ur brother is availing u plus ur personal is enough. If this is the case there may be no need to say u gonna be living with him except if ur tuition is very high.
favour0011:
thats pretty much my situation... my sponsor is writing that he'll be availing 4m naira for my tuition and expenses and i have 1m in my personal SOA and i'll be living with my bro whos home is very close to my sch. so dnt you think stating this in my sop will make convince the vo that the funds i have available will be sufficient. what do you think guys??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by JannieO(f): 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
...and dat wuz hw we all collected our TRVs smiley...

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hi, can you kindly share ur application docs..
JannieO:
Hello every1, congrats to all TRV Choppers and success to all TRV Hopefuls, really new here buh hope 2 contribute 2d best of my knowledge.

...nothing unusual to my story, ...admitted 2 study MEng in Envir. Engrin @ Uni of Ottawa Fall 2015..

Applied- 30th April (paper route)
Bio- 30th April
Medicals- 12th June
POE Letter - 19th June
yet to collect my passport.

I need help on flight booking to ottawa (YOW) from lagos, cuz d cheapest i can find is lufthansa and its ard 350K (pls dont suggest air morocco)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 11:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
JannieO:
Hello every1, congrats to all TRV Choppers and success to all TRV Hopefuls, really new here buh hope 2 contribute 2d best of my knowledge.

...nothing unusual to my story, ...admitted 2 study MEng in Envir. Engrin @ Uni of Ottawa Fall 2015..

Bio- 30th April
Medicals- 12th June
POE Letter - 19th June

I need help on flight booking to ottawa (YOW) from lagos, cuz d cheapest i can find is lufthansa and its ard 350K (pls dont suggest air morocco)
Congratulations,people in this thread help slots, your questions will be answer by anybody that has link with it, but you guy need to be getting back to the forum here the documents you submitted, so that we can also use it to tackle others that need help. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 11:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ok will keep you posted.

gbemoh:

Hi, I'm also in this kind of situation, although I did my submission (paper) on the 14th of May, got the "Your processed passport has been dispatched to the Canada Visa Office" mail yesterday. Really have no idea as to what it implies.
Keep me posted as she finds out. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by NaD720: 1:16am On Jul 02, 2015
Edoblakky:
Hello House,
I just received a mail that my application for a study and work permit has been granted. I feel so elated and full of gratitude to God for this. My prayers for you all is that your expectations regarding getting your study permits will be granted in Jesus name! Amen!!!
Wow, Congrats bro! I see massive people still chopping TRV. All the best bro and those of us still waiting, It shall be granted to us, Amen!!!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SPG4U(m): 1:24am On Jul 02, 2015
ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by NaD720: 2:02am On Jul 02, 2015
pampem:
supermum,
@supermom,
Biko use his /her Us passport while completing your application and family info form cos these guys have a way of finding out their infos. You do not need to pay application fee for a US born. A US citizen can enter canada, UK with their passport, no visa required, You only pay for yours . Just package your application well and be prayerful( Purpose of visit) cos those guys may feel you wanna go drop in their country again. All the best Regards

Wanna go drop in their country as in(Bomb) LOL,, So funny when I read that line!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 02, 2015
JannieO:

Bio- 30th April
Medicals- 12th June
POE Letter - 19th June

Visit travelstart.com and you will see other airlines.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.