Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1074237 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ezekuse: 8:54am On Jul 02, 2015
mevisbleek:

I heard oh its sad. We love to look for the cheapest of the cheapest. Anyone coming abroad to study is definitely not from a hungry family. It's advisable to spend that extra coin on getting a good flight.
Ethiopia airline is messed up as well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 9:04am On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 9:21am On Jul 02, 2015
must one pay for a return air ticket while going for a year or 2 studies and how frequently or easily the airline sell a one way ticket and what are the conditions.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 9:23am On Jul 02, 2015
has anyone heard of a situation where the embassy put a call thru to the sponsor maybe thru the contact provided in the letter of sponsorship?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 9:26am On Jul 02, 2015
pls apart from the use of similar surname and pictures, what other document/evidence can one use to prove relationship with a maternal uncle who is a sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by coldasice007: 9:33am On Jul 02, 2015
mevisbleek:

I heard oh its sad. We love to look for the cheapest of the cheapest. Anyone coming abroad to study is definitely not from a hungry family. It's advisable to spend that extra coin on getting a good flight.
Ethiopia airline is messed up as well.
when it comes to flying there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to get the best deal that fits within your budget, people across the world do it not only nigerians. All airlines will have their bad/off days but you only hope that you are not on that flight when it happens. even with the fall in oil prices the airlines are still increasing summer flight prices because it is all about profits. Using your analogy of us nigerians prefering cheap stuff are you also suggesting if one cannot buy expensive designer clothings we should all go naked instead of buying clothes that fit within our budget.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2015
berexio1:
Its not fair how? Its abit difficult doesn't mean it is impossible.Pple have talked abt how they paid their full tuition by working, so what will you say to somebody who has half of it? Nigerians are resilient. Each one according to what he believes..I won't just write him off cos he doesn't have the remaining balance. His white age-mates don't have a dime and yet they school. He asked a sincere question and I gave him a sincere answer. It is up to him to make the decision.

Its not fair cuz ure making it seem like the school fees is 10,000 naira, and working a few hours will make up for the fees. The few pple that paid their fees, pls you need to have a one on one talk with them to know what they went through.
Paying fees isn't easy, it is very very hard but not impossible.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by eetti: 9:37am On Jul 02, 2015
I applied for my Study permit Yesterday and did biometrics yesterday(July 1) for Fall admission. What are my chances like, thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dedicateDD: 9:39am On Jul 02, 2015
hello house,
many a people we come to this forum just of a sudden and started quoting names..@chrigo ,@chriga.@tnuola,@TEAM12,@TEAM34@ TEAM 1 MILLION, @godson@ goddaughter, respect to ''''TEAM12 alone'''' thanking people they dont know stating they got there TRV . just to call attention of desperate people on this forum calling them self a silent follower. keep on we know who many of you are , you are all fake people working with agent.
A friend of mine nearly go dupe by some1 he met on this forum but luckily for him he is yet to pay them much before he come to his senses. STUPIDITY IS WHEN U GRADUATED FROM SCHOOL BEING POLYTECHNIC OR UNIVERSITY AND JUST COS YOU ARE DELAY ONCE U STARTED LOOKING FOR A BROKE ASS AGENT THAT DID NOT EVEN COMPLETE PRIMARY SCHOOL TO PACKAGE DOCUMENT FOR U ..pls how did you manage to gradate YOU BRIBE YOUR WAY OUT ?.
PLEASE AND PLEASE i know many are still here calling them self silent follower or whatever name u call your self , we would get you soon.. no one we arrest you,we going to used street styles before police arrive to the scene. i hope u know what that means you fake broke agent .

TO ALL DESPERATE APPLICANT BEEN DELAY IS NOT THE END OF THE ROAD AND U CAN APPLY AND APPLY AGAIN NO ONE CRIME IN THAT AND IF YOU ARE DELAY YOU NEED SELF CONTROL IF NOT DOES BROKE ASS AGENT WILL GE YOU AND YOU WILL PAY THEM MILLIONS WITH NO RESULT. REMEMBER SUCCESS S NOT BY WHO FIRST GET THERE IS BY GRACE OF GOD ..all information are on this forum. I NOTICE SOMETHING OF LATE , I WONDER WHY PEOPLE ARE TURNING FORUM TO DATING SITE AND SHARE EVERYTHING IN PRIVATE

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by eetti: 9:40am On Jul 02, 2015
I got admission to study for an M.sc in Computing and Daya Analytics at Saint Mary's University, Nova Scotia. I applied online on July 1, biometrics on the same day
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2015
elephantswimmin:

@Tnuola Are you saying everyone who lives and schools abroad all paid their tuition with their own cash by themselves? Tnuola stop talking shit. Everyone with his or her own ways & beliefs... If it did not work for you, it may work for someone else.

Please stop being melodramatic

I'm sorry but you don't have to get unecessarily dramatic, I don't know why you're angry over such a trival and calling me names, like I don't get it.

You should go back and read my post again.
I said I won't advice anyone to go to canada with the aim of working and schooling cuz it is one of the hardest things to do, as you have limited time, 20hrs/perweek.
I never said its impossible, all I'm saying is, don't make pple think its easy cuz its not.

And also learn to engage in healthy arguements without the name calling..

Cheers

17 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 9:52am On Jul 02, 2015
berexio1:
@Tnuola..I can only speak of my sch cos I have done extensive research..For eg, u can have 1-2 hours of lecture in a whole day..Max u can have is 4hrs..which is very rare, maybe once a week or in 2 weeks..There are some days u are free..So tell me why a PG student won't work?So if u work for another 4hrs a day and leave the remainder hours for course work and all, is it bad?

My dear if you like have just 1hour of lectures. As long as school is in session, you are only allowed to work 20hrs/week.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 9:52am On Jul 02, 2015
Pls is filling d student or worker questionnaire compulsory? For trv n study permit app.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 9:55am On Jul 02, 2015
Bobola86:

Abeg o. Just my own experience. Am not assuring anyone about Egypt air services o.
grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by OGreene: 10:02am On Jul 02, 2015
mevisbleek, lmao....Okay i followed the conversation, thanks for sharing your views.

mevisbleek:

I'm not a sister yet. My gender change surgery is in a month, for now you can call me Brother. grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 10:06am On Jul 02, 2015
schooling and working in canada to pay sch fees only look easy frm Nig.Wen u get dere, u will sabi as he dey go.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 10:08am On Jul 02, 2015
tnuola:

Its not fair cuz ure making it seem like the school fees is 10,000 naira, and working a few hours will make up for the fees. The few pple that paid their fees, pls you need to have a one on one talk with them to know what they went through.
Paying fees isn't easy, it is very very hard but not impossible.
Then obviously, u didn't read my message to him..It is quite achievable with half tuition,,,before the other half begins he can get the remainder if he is intelligent and smart. I normally don't advise undergraduate for this kind of feat..But for an intelligent graduate,YES, YES, and YES!!! Case Closed!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 10:43am On Jul 02, 2015
lexyj123:
has anyone heard of a situation where the embassy put a call thru to the sponsor maybe thru the contact provided in the letter of sponsorship?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 10:45am On Jul 02, 2015
lexyj123:
pls apart from the use of similar surname and pictures, what other document/evidence can one use to prove relationship with a maternal uncle who is a sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 11:13am On Jul 02, 2015
lexyj123:
my sponsor is my God father and also my late dads best friend.so he wrote it in his sponsorship letter and I also put my baptismal certificate.guess dis will help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by laureek: 12:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Each person to his faith o. From what I know, It is almost impossible to pay your tuition fee from your weekly 20 hours job.That money you get is basically for upkeep, House rent, transport and food. You will most likely get half your school fees working several hours (40 hrs or more), with may be two jobs and saving for months ONLY during the HOLIDAY and of course as a student.E go tell for body say you work sef.
If you have just 4 hours of lectures a week, you will definitely have crazy assignments that will not make you remember you need to work.You work for every cent you make in this country.Na only naija you fit sit down in front of computer dey browse facebook and you get paid for it.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2015
laureek:
Each person to his faith o. From what I know, It is almost impossible to pay your tuition fee from your weekly 20 hours job.That money you get is basically for upkeep, House rent, transport and food. You will most likely get half your school fees working several hours (40 hrs or more), with may be two jobs and saving for months ONLY during the HOLIDAY and of course as a student.E go tell for body say you work sef.
If you have just 4 hours of lectures a week, you will definitely have crazy assignments that will not make you remember you need to work.You work for every cent you make in this country.Na only naija you fit sit down in front of computer dey browse facebook and you get paid for it.
Nice analysis u brought up. Ofcourse he is entitled to full time work during holidays..So left for him to brace up the challenge if he is good to go..Seem like u are talking from ur experience. I like how u present the case..lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
laureek:
In other words, if he has his accommodation,tp,upkeep and food sorted, he can pay half his tuition..Cos all that is within $10k for a year..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by bosypumpin: 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
June 12th, U of M (LL.M) ; Fall 2015; Online

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
Gu2015:
my sponsor is my God father and also my late dads best friend.so he wrote it in his sponsorship letter and I also put my baptismal certificate.guess dis will help
so, your TRV granted?
am sorry to ask this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
coldasice007:

when it comes to flying there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to get the best deal that fits within your budget, people across the world do it not only nigerians. All airlines will have their bad/off days but you only hope that you are not on that flight when it happens. even with the fall in oil prices the airlines are still increasing summer flight prices because it is all about profits. Using your analogy of us nigerians prefering cheap stuff are you also suggesting if one cannot buy expensive designer clothings we should all go naked instead of buying clothes that fit within our budget.

well said... I saw some flight KLM about 400k 2 stops 40 hrs and Egyptian airline 230k with 1 stop 19hrs so which is better.....plus ever company has it on and off days they all misbehave once in awhile
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 1:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
Finally TRV Chopped!
Just got my POE.

Team12 tongue tongue tongue grin thanks for ya prayers. I saw those witches burning in flames grin

PS: please who is willing to Lap a brother undecided
Please I'm begging

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.