Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1078060 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
yemite295:
Wowwwwwwww Tnk God I just received a mailfrom canada to go for medical exam......am so happy I submitted my application on the 9th of June and received a mialtoday today (6 july)....mtnk u guys so much
I appreciate

Hehehehehehe! Congratulations, All the best.

CIC Abeg naa!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
darefestus:

Hehehehehehe! Congratulations, All the best.

CIC Abeg naa!

it's really not fair.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mount Saint Vincent Uni for Master of Public Relations. It's a non-thesis program but they still assigned me a supervisor
Team16:

I think it's dependent on department and school. If they get high volumes of application, it might be difficult for them to decide. But which school and what department did you apply to. @solo8 please do you have any input on this supervisor issues.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by godG: 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
kennykentipsy:

in my opinion ur health issue shouldn't be a problem.. when u go for medical tests they look out for communicable Diseases. what might hinder ur application eg HIV tuberculoses, STDs , syphilis Etc . did my medicals last week and my B.P was soo high about 150/100 it got me worried though and I still passed the medicals

Then ur birth certificate issue on my birth certificate I have 4 names on it along side my compound name bur I only use Two of the names my first and last name.

It could be because you got stressed for some days before your medicals. Just watch it, sir. And whatever it's that you think might have caused it, work on it. Health is wealth!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
BTW, where is @Ugochux?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
Your medical mail is coming this week. Just talk to God
obig:
My application is 51 days today that is about 7 weeks and still not received any update on my application.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2015
funmi14:
Another good news House .
Medical mail just drop for my lady too ooooo.
Applied: June 10. Paper Route.
MSc. Gerontology Nursing.
Mount Saint Vincent University (MSVU)
NOVA scotia.
(Same.. Bnsc Nursing...Certificate as mine)

EMERGENCY WEDDING MOOD ACTIVATED.Lol
Congratulations, can u ask your friend, to list d documents she submitted,so that others can use to tackle there own.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2015
tnuola:

Same same, paper is faster than online.
I respectfully disagree. You can't say one is faster than the other. You guys should have in mind that judging based on peeps you know here is wrong. Registered users here might just be a minority out of all the applicants from Nigeria cos most of my friends that applied knows nothing about this thread. Just to buttress my point, a friend got his medical request mail today and he applied on the 8th of June. Online route of course!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
Dabigmax1:
Good morning everybody, I want your take on this one I am 31 years old, I applied as a transfer student October last year to Brandon university Manitoba Canada to study management I have my ND, HND and NYSC certificate at hand and got admitted March 3rd this year. my maternal uncle is sponsoring my education. I finished service this year and I do no have a job of my own yet. my uncle has a steel company so he provided me with an affidavit of sponsorship, his company letter of incorporation from cac and his company statement of account for the pass four month with regular inflow and outflow of cash with total money debited of about 67million nd total money credited almost 72million and current balance of about 5.5million but the account runs everyday because it his company account. I used this and other relevant documents+ my letter of acceptance to apply online on the 19th of may nd I did my Biometrics on the 28th of may after then my tracking number was sent to me, I was sent a thank u message nd a message telling me dat my application has being forwarded to visa office Lagos and I received another message last month ending thanking me for my patient nd telling me that my cic account has not been undated since I last checked. when I tracked d application online it says dat my application is still being processed at d Canada visa office...pls house with all this what are my chances. thanks.

Ha-ahn? Bros!!!

You mean you wrote all this turanshi just to ask what your chances are? undecided See me critically reading line upon line and precept upon precept, waiting for the jigsaw puzzle type question you were about to drop.

Meeeehn....you suppose consider career for Nollywood o, you sure know how to write a suspense filled script. wink grin Nothing do you sir!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
I agree but it's pretty obvious that paper is now a bit faster than online route. There are exceptional cases of course
Bobola86:

I respectfully disagree. You can't say one is faster than the other. You guys should have in mind that judging based on peeps you know here is wrong. Registered users here might just be a minority out of all the applicants from Nigeria cos most of my friends that applies knows nothing about this thread. Just to buttress my point, a friend got his medical request mail today and he applied on the 8th of June. Online route of course!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
Bobola86:

I respectfully disagree. You can't say one is faster than the other. You guys should have in mind that judging based on peeps you know here is wrong. Registered users here might just be a minority out of all the applicants from Nigeria cos most of my friends that applies knows nothing about this thread. Just to buttress my point, a friend got his medical request mail today and he applied on the 8th of June. Online route of course!

Most of what we do on here is based on what we have here, but based on the list up there, paper is faster so far.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Dabigmax1: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2015
**Got Admitted March 5th. **Applied online nd submitted may 19th
**Institution (Brandon university Manitoba Canada)
**Mode of submission: Online **Biometric date( may 28th. **level of study ( I have ND nd HND...so I applied as a transfer student....so I am a transfer student as indicated on my letter of acceptance). still waiting because I know i will receive my medical call today or latest dis week nd I know my visa is approved already.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
godG:

It could be because you got stressed for some days before your medicals. Just watch it, sir. And whatever it's that you think might have caused it, work on it. Health is wealth!

yeah my parents been monitoring me I still did my BP today and it was very OK mehn the wait was crazy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
I understand that but for those of us who aren't used to cold, the winter jackets we's coming with would be very useful during the fall season don't you think? There's not harm in having 2/3 mild winter jackets that will keep you warm and then when the ogbologbo Canada winter comes, we can go ahead to get the ones made for Canada winter. I don't think anybody coming from Nigeria would waste any jacket, mild or thick. If it's too mild, we can use it as "singlet" and wear another one on top of it grin

saxywale:

UK winter is very mild and you would end up throwing them in the dustbin once the Canadian winter hits you. I threw mine in the dustbin. Don't waste your money

You could buy summer clothes from the UK. Compared to the UK, clothing accessories, shoes, watches e.t.c are expensive in Canada and their quality are not so good except you can afford to spend much more than the price you should ideally get them for in the UK. Ebay is also almost non-existent here. Do not buy winter stuff from the UK for the same reasons I gave to toboy above.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
Please I heard that people can now use their former phones in Canada, how true is this please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by imadebaby: 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
good day house pls if someones application is taking too longer is there anymail to inquiry about status or how do one require status?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by yemite295: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
abeg concerning my med exam....which place do you tink is better .....and the amount i will pay
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
Abeg how i fit get to canadian high commission @anifowoshe VI from ikorodu. Abeg no vex, Ur response is vital.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by montrealer: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
Very true.

TheBae:
Please I heard that people can now use their former phones in Canada, how true is this please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by C3PO: 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
This link captions my ordeal.
http://www.convertunits.com/dates/from/May+15,+2015/to/Jul+6,+2015

I recommend this website to the VOs'. Infact I recommend the version they will use to have the following
1. Colour legends depending on how late the application is
2. A big Alarm once 4weeks have elapsed. As big as Big Ben
3. Website reports to the line supervisor after 5weeks
Etc

I think am just going crazy. 7weeks 3days and counting may be getting me bonkers.
All I see and think is Canada. Fact I'll just change by ringtone to their national anthems.
If my e-mail refresh button were a hardware it would have broken by now.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by montrealer: 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
True, they could come in handy. I guess what Saxywale is trying to say though is: don't waste money buying seemingly thick and heavy jackets...they'll cost you money, take up your baggage space, and might not be very effective here. So if you've one lying around or find one that is not too pricey or heavy, by all means take it but don't go all out trying to shop for it there.

There are even some projects organized by schools here to give free used winter jackets to new international students, so it's better not to stress too much about it in naija.

TheBae:
I understand that but for those of us who aren't used to cold, the winter jackets we's coming with would be very useful during the fall season don't you think? There's not harm in having 2/3 mild winter jackets that will keep you warm and then when the ogbologbo Canada winter comes, we can go ahead to get the ones made for Canada winter. I don't think anybody coming from Nigeria would waste any jacket, mild or thick. If it's too mild, we can use it as "singlet" and wear another one on top of it grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
C3PO:
This link captions my ordeal.
http://www.convertunits.com/dates/from/May+15,+2015/to/Jul+6,+2015

I recommend this website to the VOs'. Infact I recommend the version they will use to have the following
1. Colour legends depending on how late the application is
2. A big Alarm once 4weeks have elapsed. As big as Big Ben
3. Website reports to the line supervisor after 5weeks
Etc

I think am just going crazy. 7weeks 3days and counting may be getting me bunkers.
All I see and think is Canada. Fact I'll just change by ringtone to their national anthems.
If my e-mail refresh button were a hardware it would have broken by now.

Have you thought about Taking your mind off it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by montrealer: 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
How long has it been?
You can try to email the ghana office, the address is among the list of links richcasey has graciously provided.

imadebaby:
good day house pls if someones application is taking too longer is there anymail to inquiry about status or how do one require status?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by montrealer: 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
I agree with the gadgets but most cell phones work, just the same as laptops or tablets, from my experience and that of those around me.

saxywale:

Gadgets sold in Nigeria would be rated three-pin 220-240v apart from laptops chargers that are rated multi-voltage, Canada uses 110v. There is also a good possibility that Nigeria/United kingdom mobile phones would not work in Canada, they use a different type of technology different to GSM.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 4:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
yemite295:
Wowwwwwwww Tnk God I just received a mailfrom canada to go for medical exam......am so happy I submitted my application on the 9th of June and received a mialtoday today (6 july)....mtnk u guys so much
I appreciate
Congratulations, pls kindly list out the documents you submitted,for others to use to tackle there own. Cheers!!!.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by scarr: 4:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
tnuola:

Part5
Maam dont you think its rather impossible to read from Part 5( which has 500 pages) to Part 8
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ifeco1: 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
imadebaby:

When did you apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by scarr: 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
kennykentipsy:

first check for list of college look thru the websites of the colleges check for their requirements and how to apply after getting ur letter of admission we would put u thru visa application process

by clicking on the link below u would see list of all collages in Canada and the province. click on any school u would be directed to the website

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colleges_in_Canada

From the link above, most of does schools offer just undergraduate programs(being that they are colleges).....but from there i got the link to universities in Canada...Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
I received a mail from VFS that my processed passport has been despatched from the Canada Visa Office {Location}, on 06/07/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. is my passport ready for collection? at vfs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 4:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
What program are you gong for...

I can bet it's a masters though...
yemite295:
I appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
Yes sir!
Exactly
kennykentipsy:
I received a mail from VFS that my processed passport has been despatched from the Canada Visa Office {Location}, on 06/07/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. is my passport ready for collection? at vfs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
scarr:

From the link above, most of does schools offer just undergraduate programs(being that they are colleges).....but from there i got the link to universities in Canada...Thanks

they offer post graduate courses also

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.