Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1077260 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by gabrola: 8:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
deedee0:
CIC • • Financial/Sponsor’s documents • 6 months Statement of Account (Salary account) • Retirement Savings Account (Pension plan) Statement • Fixed Deposit (that will mature just in time to pay my school fees) • And I'm a simple applicant grin
abeg how much was inside the sponsors soa and d fixed deposit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 8:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
Request for proof from the hospital to be sure that it has been sent. The proof is exactly like the eMedical form you were given to upload during your app, but this one contains a comment that states the exact date it was submitted. Then send the proof via email to accra, dasall!

deedee0:
Madam @Team12 I called Consultants Practice back and I was told my med result was sent to CIC on May 3rd. Went through your posts and I saw that you sent an email to accraimmigration. I just did and I got an automated response.
Do I need to ask Consultant to re-send the result?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 8:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
You didn't state how much was in your sponsors account and also your relationship with sponsor. This will help prospective applicants
deedee0:
CIC documents
• IMM1294E and IMM5645E forms

Academic documents
• Letter of Acceptance from Simon Fraser University
• Letter of Internship (Practicum) requirement for intended course of study from Simon Fraser University
• Bachelors Degree Certificate and Transcript
• WAEC result

Financial/Sponsor’s documents
• 6 months Statement of Account (Salary account)
• Retirement Savings Account (Pension plan) Statement
• Fixed Deposit (that will mature just in time to pay my school fees)
• Email message from Simon Fraser Uni that shows I can’t pay my tuition until a stipulated time
• Receipt of Acceptance deposit ($250CAD) paid to Simon Fraser University (Email Message)
• Letter of Introduction from Sponsor’s employer, 5 months Payslips and ID Card
• Sponsor’s Contract Appointment Letters
• Sponsor’s passport data page and visa pages (expired since 2011)
• Letter and Affidavit of Sponsorship stating the money in the fixed deposit is for my education
• Land/Street ownership documents: Survey plans, purchase receipts and CofO processing papers
• Receipts from Rent of Properties

Other documents
• Data page of passport
• Passsport photograph
• eMedical form – Upfront medical examination
• NYSC Discharge Certificate
• Introduction Letter as a Voluntary HIV/AIDS Peer Educator
• Letter of recommendation from Principal of schools I visited for awareness
• CV
• Birth Certificate
• State of origin certificate
• Vocational skills certificates
• Letter of explanation (LOE/SOP)

Finished NYSC Oct 2014, not employed. I believe you can use whatever you have to your advantage, so I used my voluntary/community development activities to cover up the small gap (HIV and Malaria awareness, I organise and give free vocational training etc.)
I included CV, incase VO does not take time to read my detailed LOE, CV is straightforward and highlighted my activities.
I read through the thread from part 5 till present. It pays to read back, so you will know what questions to ask and who to ask.

And I'm a simple applicant grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 9:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
Team12:
Request for proof from the hospital to be sure that it has been sent. The proof is exactly like the eMedical form you were given to upload during your app, but this one contains a comment that states the exact date it was submitted. Then send the proof via email to accra, dasall!

Thnks ma! It has been resolved and I've received 'med passed' update
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
Yes you can.

CoCoLav:
Hey guys,

The medical form was attached without the stamped passport. Can I go without it for the medicals?

Cc: Team12 and anyone else.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
Great!!!

deedee0:

Thnks ma! It has been resolved and I've received 'med passed' update
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
funmi14:
Hello house. I did medical 6 July for paper route @ IMO. Here is my CIC update:

Visa application, tracking ID No.20150525GHA– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 09/07/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

Please what's d meaning? Does that means the passports has been processed and ready for collection @ Lekkki?
Enlighten Ds man ooooo...

it is on transit as it takes about 3-5 working days to be ready cic would notify you as well as vfs wen it ready

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by DMX0606: 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
Futurewiser:
Any one with good idea of affordable university in Canada for international students?

Brandon University is the cheapest university but that place I cold. as in....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
Of not getting my certificate after POP cos I have to leave before final clearance
kennykentipsy:

scared of what??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
Okay dear
CoCoLav:

You know we can't discuss this on an open forum wink
Send me a PM.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Aussie4me: 9:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
Team12:
Great!!!

@ team 12 please my brother got a medical mail on Monday 6th of July. But there was no medical form attached it is only the stamped passport . mailed Accra since Tuesday they have not respond what do u advice he do now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 10:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
TheBae:
Of not getting my certificate after POP cos I have to leave before final clearance

pay ur LI or ZI something small change the rest would be done

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
Round trip is cheaper on the long run. You can choose a flexi-date ticket for an additional fee so you can change your return date whenever you like

I stand to be corrected
kennykentipsy:
quick one here

please would booking a round trip be cheaper than one way?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kepner(f): 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2015
olageeee:

ok bro I meant can two pple use the same SOA?at almost the same time....

Hi,

Do you mean 2 related people using the same SOA or 2 unrelated people using the same SOA?? Is the SOA going to be adequately funded for both applicants?

I ask because I know 2 relatives can use a WELL-FUNDED SOA to apply at the same time (probably possible at different times as well), as long as there's a proven/obvious relationship between both applicants and of course, between the applicants and the sponsor providing the SOA.

But if you're referring otherwise, I have no idea.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by DMX0606: 10:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
Aussie4me:
@ team 12 please my brother got a medical mail on Monday 6th of July. But there was no medical form attached it is only the stamped passport . mailed Accra since Tuesday they have not respond what do u advice he do now?

send a mail to accraimmigration. it's in the mail they sent to u. they will reply in about 5 working days. mine came the same way (without medical form), then I wrote to them through all the email available in the email sent to me. they replied in 5day but on the 8 day after the first medical mail my application was dispatch from accra when I have not even done the medicals. they could be funny sometimes. yet to pick up my documents.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Urine: 11:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
CoCoLav:
Now I can speak my mind. Its unfair when you guys only come here when you need help. Some of you have been so called silent followers and get your medical calls but you don't tell the house. You will now come back when your medicals don't go smoothly or you have other issues.

The second category are those who come here to tell us they have been called for medicals and after that they disappear. When did you apply? No answer, what route? No answer, oya documents nko, that one is even worse. Meanwhile, it is from this same place you got clues on the documents to package and steps to take. Its really unfair. The information that you have been called for medicals is useless to us if you won't tell us the documents or other relevant info. If you won't tell us what we want to know then pls stuff your good news down your throat cos personally its of no benefit.

The above is said with all due respect and not directed at any particular person

You hardly get angry, calm down, everything will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by montrealer: 12:11am On Jul 10, 2015
Risky move if you ask me, unless the SOA is a really bouyant one...enough to cover the expenses of both applicants and still have enough left to meet the needs of the sponsor and his family.

If not, might be best to find another sponsor...#justmytwocents

olageeee:
Hello house,

I wanna ask if different pple used the same SOA for dre application..as sponsor ,please whats the implication of this and what can you advice on this house?has both application wanna go tru the same time.

Do you suggest one waits another or whats ur advice on this e family ....

Two heads are better than one ooo
....advice pls

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by montrealer: 12:19am On Jul 10, 2015
sorry, I replied before realising that you had posted the screenshot of the uk govt website.

kennykentipsy:

thanks @montrealer I checked the uk govt website it said if I have a valid usa ,Canada Australia visa I don't need it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by bimbofela: 12:28am On Jul 10, 2015
edogasz:

Don't be waiting for mail o. Always track . I applied may 19th and I was waitin for mail and tracking once once . One mind just say track today and I saw it was dispatched yesterday , yet den no send me mail

Pls did you apply for a study or visiting visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ohk9ner: 12:32am On Jul 10, 2015
@bimbofela try to check d other thread....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by montrealer: 12:36am On Jul 10, 2015
@chichi89 already replied correctly. Your friend just needs to do as she suggested, apply for a new passport around March/April 2016 so she has enough time to process her study permit before it expires in May.

Nigerian passports are renewed at the High Commission in Ottawa, it costs $125+$30 ($125 pad with a credit card & $30 money order). It is usually ready the same day (in a few hours actually) except when it's peak period or when their system is down. Depending on the province to which she is headed, she might need to travel down to Ottawa (Ontario) which can be quite costly if she is not in Ontario or Montreal.

JannieO:
Hello every1, all d best 2 all TRV hopefulls

My frd got her TRV but she noticed that it has an expiry date of 07/05/2016 (dd/mm/yy) (1yr) but her attached POE letter states a validity period of 2017/12/06(yy/mm/dd) (2yrs)
though her passport has an expiry date of 08/05/2016(dd/mm/yy) (expires next year) and her program duration is 2 years

Is there a cause for alarm in this situation?
if she renews her passport in canada what happens to her visa?
does it cost to renew passport in canada? and if yes, how much?
how long is the renewal process and extention of visa(if it's done)?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 12:48am On Jul 10, 2015
Hmm.. okay thanks
kennykentipsy:

pay ur LI or ZI something small change the rest would be done
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Aussie4me: 3:39am On Jul 10, 2015
DMX0606:

send a mail to accraimmigration. it's in the mail they sent to u. they will reply in about 5 working days. mine came the same way (without medical form), then I wrote to them through all the email available in the email sent to me. they replied in 5day but on the 8 day after the first medical mail my application was dispatch from accra when I have not even done the medicals. they could be funny sometimes. yet to pick up my documents.
And what was their response? Do they send d form?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by olageeee(m): 3:44am On Jul 10, 2015
Thanks so much for the reply....

yes two related pple...( the same surname) but when u say well funded. SOA.....

like. how much are we looking at?

when you say well funded.....do you mean the inflow or the closing balance? thanks kissThanks so much for the reply....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ElCapt: 3:59am On Jul 10, 2015
olageeee:
Thanks so much for the reply....

yes two related pple...( the same surname) but when u say well funded. SOA.....

like. how much are we looking at?

when you say well funded.....do you mean the inflow or the closing balance? thanks kissThanks so much for the reply....

Enough to cover both applicants' expenses.

Closing balance.

I did as well

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ahyotomiwa: 4:50am On Jul 10, 2015
[quote author=DMX0606 post=35684373]

When was it u got the medical call and wen was it dey forwarded ur file back even wen u yet to do d med? Was it more dan 14days?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 5:11am On Jul 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by forelite: 5:14am On Jul 10, 2015
Hello wonderful peeps, please I wud like to know how long it takes accra to dispatch processed passport.

Route: Paper
Medical mail: 23/06/15
Medical Done: 24/06/15
Medical result forwarded : 29/06/15.

When is my processed passport likely to be dispatched.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 5:27am On Jul 10, 2015
forelite:
Hello wonderful peeps, please I wud like to know how long it takes accra to dispatch processed passport.

Route: Paper
Medical mail: 23/06/15
Medical Done: 24/06/15
Medical result forwarded : 29/06/15.

When is my processed passport likely to be dispatched.

pls how can one know if he or she had passed medicals (not upfront but e-medical)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 5:27am On Jul 10, 2015
lexyj123:

pls how can one know if he or she had passed medicals (not upfront but e-medical)?

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.