Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1074208 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dedicateDD: 8:30am On Jul 11, 2015
IN POLAND ..PROCESSING TIME IS 2 DAYS
hayqinsbFX:
Mr dare...do u tink they e assessing ur docs for the whole 8weeks.
Don't be shocked it's just a week max that they use in assessing docs..

The long timeline is due to the nummbeer of applicants to process.

Guys in India apply for study permt and gget replies in a week. Or less.
So don't. Think they spent 8weeks on ur document o...

I submitted 2weeks ago...My status just changed to "is being processed". From "forwarded to"

If you applied online, I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just saying what I feel from my own perspective...it sudnt stop you from being positive about your app..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by obtwice(m): 8:53am On Jul 11, 2015
vivyval:
Hello house, am vivian and new to the forum. I jst got admission leta frm Uof Manitoba winter 2016. pls what documents shld I sennd to CIC? Also, abt financial statements, do I stand a beta chance of getting d visa if I submit my personal acc statement containing 5m? Or my company acc statement as the sponsor? It's my first time applying and I want to get it.

@Viv...hello congrats on d 1st step....I also applied 4 U of manitoba winter 2016......wld like 2 knw hw u went tru it....snt u an email alrdy...success in ur visa processing....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by gedtalks(m): 8:54am On Jul 11, 2015
Please someone advise me: I secured admission for a school in Calgary (Fall start 2015). I applied for visa but was denied because my documents were incomplete. Right now I am trying to apply again by 17th of this month. Knowing that it takes 6 weeks to process study permit; I will be expecting my application to be fully processed by 28 August (just 10 days from the program start date).

If I do upfront medical and I am successful, will they issue me study permit that very day (August 28th) ? or is there another stage before issuance.

If I am issued a study permit by 28, what are my chances of booking a flight ticket within 9 days?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by standupguy(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
This is For anybody trying to apply to study in canada....and you have advanced diploma on your mind after doing BSC.
Kindly drop that option and apply for a postgraduate program, atleast use the postgraduate program to get your visa.
Advanced diploma is considered an undergraduate level course and NOT postgraduate.
With exception to few colleges and uni which call dier postgraduate advanced diploma
This is to reduce any form of heartache while waiting for a reply from the embassy and to give you a better chance.

I'm already in this and I don't want anybody to go into it blindly....i asked numerous times on the thread before I chose it, I remember vividly I was given a strong go ahead.

Bro but I have explained this thing na,
Let me break it down again.

For technical students,
Under graduate diploma =1-2 yrs, earns you technician
Under graduate advanced diploma= 3yrs, earns technologist.
PGD Advanced diploma=2yrs, earns you technologist.
Post graduate certificate PGC= 1-2yrs(mostly one year or 3 semesters), earns you Graduate certificate.

B.sc/b.Eng etc = 4yrs (awarded by universities only)

M.sc/M.Eng= 2yrs (awarded by universities too).

If you already have a Bsc you should avoid the first two.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2015
gedtalks:
Please someone advise me: I secured admission for a school in Calgary (Fall start 2015). I applied for visa but was denied because my documents were incomplete. Right now I am trying to apply again by 17th of this month. Knowing that it takes 6 weeks to process study permit; I will be expecting my application to be fully processed by 28 August (just 10 days from the program start date).
If I do upfront medical and I am successful, will they issue me study permit that very day (August 28th) ? or is there another stage before issuance.
If I am issued a study permit by 28, what are my chances of booking a flight ticket within 9 days?
I advise you defer your admission to Winter 2016 based on the ffg:
1- No one knows how long your next app process will take.
2- upfront med doesn't guarantee ur immediate collection of trv
3- flying within 9days of booking might be really expensive.
Consider these and make ur decision

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 10:05am On Jul 11, 2015
[quote author=Crich post=35734638]
Am in d same shoes applied since May 24th yet no reply my skool opens 13 aug,Pls wat do u advise?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 10:23am On Jul 11, 2015
[quote author=Gu2015 post=35735079][/quote]
Your response will definitely come this month, and you will be able to conclude all before first week in August, n still travel before schoolstarts.
Just be hopeful and start making travel prep but don't book your flight yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 10:27am On Jul 11, 2015
Crich:

Your response will definitely come this month, and you will be able to conclude all before first week in August, n still travel before schoolstarts.
Just be hopeful and start making travel prep but don't book your flight yet.
Ok thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by gedtalks(m): 10:27am On Jul 11, 2015
Crich:

I advise you defer your admission to Winter 2016 based on the ffg:
1- No one knows how long your next app process will take.
2- upfront med doesn't guarantee ur immediate collection of trv
3- flying within 9days of booking might be really expensive.
Consider these and make ur decision

thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 10:35am On Jul 11, 2015
Bro thanks for your analysis.
I went for the second one in my first application and I had no one to tell me not to even after askng specifically that my prog was for 3years....

I got a fasttrack option which would be 2years for my second application....

Buh The thing is fasttrack or no fasttrack....an engineering graduate is deem superior to a technologist...thats why re transferred into the 3rd year to earn a degree after completing the adv diploma.

I saww the caips note of an Indian foing for fasttrack after bsc and the VO wrote that program of study is not a logical progression of previous studies..

I still have a chance as every case is handled differently...but I would have avoided a lot of heart ache by just going for a PGD..

standupguy:

For technical students,
Post graduate certificate PGC= 1-2yrs(mostly one year or 3 semesters), earns you Graduate certificate.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 10:45am On Jul 11, 2015
Abi na...the long processing time is mere torture...and unnecessary if not for the congestion.
Come to think of it guys recieved their reply in 5days around january and february.....that answers d questions though
dedicateDD:
IN POLAND ..PROCESSING TIME IS 2 DAYS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by otosa(m): 11:16am On Jul 11, 2015
vinegar:

It depends on how much your tuition is and the duration of your program....even if it will be enough, U still need to get a sponsor if u want to get Visa...
is it not possible for me to sponsor myself?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 11:49am On Jul 11, 2015
No matter the money in your account ; you still have to get a sponsor when applying for Visa. Even Schools always advise this to avoid Visa denial issues .
otosa:
is it not possible for me to sponsor myself?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dharmmie04(m): 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
DMX0606:

sorry for your delay.
I would like to know your age range, Bsc program, program applied for,
when you submitted, route, and when you got dispatched . Good luck when u re-fire
I'm 25
Studied management information systems as for Bsc
Applied online for postgraduate certificate in information technology solutions(database development).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
It's an automated message and you will definitely get it once your app reaches a month, whether or not you have been sent POE intro letter, so long as your app is still open

CoCoLav:

I think the dispatch message is an error.
Even after being called for medicals, I still got 'there has been no update to your application, thank you for your patience'.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
They are two different things o....dispatch and thank you for your patience...
Dispatch can never be automated..
Team12:
It's an automated message and you will definitely get it once your app reaches a month, whether or not you have been sent POE intro letter, so long as your app is still open

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 12:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
Seems CIC knows. That money is not the issue in Nigeria.....

How will someone pay full fees for tuition and they will still say they are nnot sure he or she is going to study.....

Sighs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ezekuse: 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Seems CIC knows. That money is not the issue in Nigeria.....

How will someone pay full fees for tuition and they will still say they are nnot sure he or she is going to study.....

Sighs
it all depends and paying full fees is not a guarantee for TRV, for instance paying full fees for a program not related to your BSc and your Letter of explanation did not convince the VO why the change, paying full fees for a program considered a level below BSc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
Oga read her post again. She is trying to tell the DMX guy that the dispatch message he got may be an error because she got "a thank you for your patience"mail even after medicals. All i said was her thank u for ur patience is automated and cannot be compared to dispatch mail...which one u nor dey sef? I go flog u ooo

hayqinsbFX:
They are two different things o....dispatch and thank you for your patience...
Dispatch can never be automated..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by JJCE(m): 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
obtwice:

@jjce thnx 4 d info.....v u gotten ur acceptance yet or u stil in d process bro.....

@chichi......sinz its ur 1st kindly assist wt ma info rada criticizing....let assume I checkd n didn't gt d fees based on dept... And pls read ma reply 2 d. Other female cnt rememba her name.....thnkz

yah, av got my acceptance letter..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
It's bullshit!
Anyone can decide to change path anytime...

I don't buy that changin of path thingy..
ezekuse:

it all depends and paying full fees is not a guarantee for TRV, for instance paying full fees for a program not related to your BSc and your Letter of explanation did not convince the VO why the change, paying full fees for a program considered a level below BSc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
Y r u getting it all wrong..
Ain't saying ure wrong....m just buttressing the point for DMX not tomix it up

Team12:
Oga read her post again. She is trying to tell the DMX guy that the dispatch message he got may be an error because she got "a thank you for your patience"mail even after medicals. All i said was her thank u for ur patience is automated and cannot be compared to dispatch mail...which one u nor dey sef? I go flog u ooo

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by oyiduman01(m): 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
Emmanuel,u are right....people want it as their travel destination but, the question is...how many people on daily, weekly and monthly basis explore the chance Canada gave us Nija?...6 months TRV that recently change to 2 yrs or Nova scotia express entry that was made open in january for free?.Funny enough, I read a guy story in this forum that submitted an application to consular officer, he present himSelf as a employed, also as a student, also as a some1 who have a share, also as a defendant on employment. What a contradictory application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by wayaa007(m): 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
standupguy:

For technical students,

Men i am very scared now o, i have paid the full tuition, although i haven't applied for a visa, would do that next week, but with this info coming, i'm already skeptical.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by obtwice(m): 3:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
JJCE:
yah, av got my acceptance letter..

@JJCE...kool have nt gotten mine....thnks 4 d feedback...u cn contact mi tru mail.........obieokoye@yahoo.com..thnkz...all d best..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
I really dont care anymore!
#teamjega

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TALK2FABO: 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2015
I disagree with you didn't get any sponsor I used my account and I got my trv. Just be sincere with what you are doing VOs know how to get the truth out from ur application.

kfrosh:
No matter the money in your account ; you still have to get a sponsor when applying for Visa. Even Schools always advise this to avoid Visa denial issues .

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 3:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
See....dont be skeptical...
Ask for refund!

And take ur time...
Get a PGD!
wayaa007:

Men i am very scared now o, i have paid the full tuition, although i haven't applied for a visa, would do that next week, but with this info coming, i'm already skeptical.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
Good to know. So you mean you never submitted any sponsors financial document whatsoever, please enlighten us.
TALK2FABO:
I disagree with you didn't get any sponsor I used my account and I got my trv. Just be sincere with what you are doing VOs know how to get the truth out from ur application.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by wayaa007(m): 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
See....dont be skeptical...
Ask for refund!

And take ur time...
Get a PGD!
The confidence i have is, I have three colleagues who all applied as b.Sc holders and got a visa to pursue advanced diploma(co-op). That's the only encouragement I have, I will go ahead, if it bounces back, I apply for a pgd...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
CoCoLav:

I think the dispatch message is an error.
Even after being called for medicals, I still got 'there has been no update to your application, thank you for your patience'.
That thank u message is automated..As long as ur app is still open after each month, u will get it except u unchecked d update at ur CIC profile
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
gedtalks:

One step at a time..worry abt the visa first at this stage..others can be sorted

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.