Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1079254 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 4:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
Team12:
Oga read her post again. She is trying to tell the DMX guy that the dispatch message he got may be an error because she got "a thank you for your patience"mail even after medicals. All i said was her thank u for ur patience is automated and cannot be compared to dispatch mail...which one u nor dey sef? I go flog u ooo

Lol Team 12, help me give am 12 strokes as per 12 wey u represent grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
So una neva talk plenty today? Just one page? Make I visit EE thread, I dey come cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
See....dont be skeptical...
Ask for refund!

And take ur time...
Get a PGD!

Bro, you have a valid point, been reading through the argument, but since the thread consensus goes against your opinion, no one would think you are actually right.
I believe the VO intentionally or unintentionally over look some documents, 80 pages, then would probably just skim through it without any thorough review, explains why same person would still repeat the same document and get his TRV.

Again, the 8 weeks processing time is because of the queue, No VO spends that much amount of time going through your documents, believe, at best, it just 3 days, normal na just a day jare, what are they reading, ask your Bank Manager, or company who they don ever call to verify? All na story story.
Someone here got medicals under a week, na just once e reach ya turn, they go through it.
Another analysis, last year when I had an issue, it was there for weeks, but when I wrote them, I brought their attention to it, they resolved it and get me a reply, same applies to the guy who got delayed recently, his email, brought their attention to his app and they took decision sharply.

The idea that they print out documents is ridiculous, lol, you are moving from Paper route to Online Route and then you still print out the Ouline App again, No point therein whatsoever.

Over submission of documents self often times leads to rejection and me self, I think an SOP raise a red flag, walahai, we are using that column worongly for what it's not for, as human, you don't have to convince me to see what is there to see, if you over convince, I begin to think you are over trying and covering something...
I support your stance on this argument.

#my two cents.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lol. No mind am jare...make we forgive am...if e tryam again, 12 strokes it is grin cc@hayqinsBFX tongue

berexio1:
Lol Team 12, help me give am 12 strokes as per 12 wey u represent grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2015
Team12:
It's an automated message and you will definitely get it once your app reaches a month, whether or not you have been sent POE intro letter, so long as your app is still open

Okay, thanks guys.
Tnuola I'm loving the way my name is first on that list cheesy

@Team12, I went to the bank to pay for IOM medicals on Friday and it was a battle. Filled a normal teller and was told by the cashier that there's a customized teller for IOM. Turned out the account number on the customized teller was different from the one IOM sent me. I insisted on using an ordinary teller and filling the details on their website. They even said the money was #26,250 and the cashier refused to collect anything in excess of that. She showed me a circular sent by IOM to the bank issuing the directive. Had to go to their head office.

Did you guys encounter such?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by easyxtan: 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
Today i woke up dreaming when i got my medical call up, the other day dream was, i got my TRV, Abeg I am tired of dreaming,this CIC should give me my medical call up......Application submitted May 30, medical June 1, no wahala sha, i dey house dey wait
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
2grozz:
I really dont care anymore!
#teamjega
Lol.. Are you sure??
Oga/Madam... It's not easy but just try and keep yourself busy, it helps to reduce the tension.
If u're not employed (like me), enrol in something o.
Ur app is 7+ wks right? It's almost here!
Cheers! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
My dear , so sorry about the stress. I don't go to banking halls o...I cant deal with the wahala. The last time i did was to pay for upfront at consultant practice becos they don't accept debit card.

For my daughter's medicals I simply did an online transfer (seamless) to IOM's standard chartered account and went with the online payment receipt. I paid 15k because it's only physical exam that is done for kids below 5, but based on the email I got from IOM, its 28k for adults.

CoCoLav:

Okay, thanks guys.
Tnuola I'm loving the way my name is first on that list cheesy

@Team12, I went to the bank to pay for IOM medicals on Friday and it was a battle. Filled a normal teller and was told by the cashier that there's a customized teller for IOM. Turned out the account number on the customized teller was different from the one IOM sent me. I insisted on using an ordinary teller and filling the details on their website. They even said the money was #26,250 and the cashier refused to collect anything in excess of that. She showed me a circular sent by IOM to the bank issuing the directive. Had to go to their head office.

Did you guys encounter such?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
@cocolav, IOM shud be in a better position to answer u. Why not mail them to confirm if its true. Moreover u might be the first to experience this change in price, I will advise you to sow the remainder into my akant.

I need richard card grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
Funny dude
berexio1:
@cocolav, IOM shud be in a better position to answer u. Why not mail them to confirm if its true. Moreover u might be the first to experience this change in price, I will advise you to sow the remainder into my akant.

I need richard card grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hello house, for someone who wants to study/learn apprentice in canada, what type of visa is he going to apply for? Please your reply is urgently needed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nice one then...
Hope yours is fasttrack o...
Then your hope could be highert

when did your colleagues get their TRV...which year
wayaa007:

The confidence i have is, I have three colleagues who all applied as b.Sc holders and got a visa to pursue advanced diploma(co-op). That's the only encouragement I have, I will go ahead, if it bounces back, I apply for a pgd...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Jaydee1985: 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2015
Happy weekend house . Pls I need ur advice urgent . Me and my wife submitted tourist visa application at vfs Canada embassy lekki 20may 2015 till date still processing at Canada visa center is says each time I really t it . List of document I sent was bank state mine with 3m plus and wife about 900k c of o .wedding certificate snd picture sense we goo for honeymoon. Hotel booking confirmation.leave letter from company and also emolument letter and acceptance letter .street naming document becus I own my street . After this long waiting Pls what are my chances of getting. my visa sense I was suppose to travel on the 13 of July . Pls gurus and house contribute .God bless u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Jaydee1985: 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
Travel history I have been to China and Dubai in the past and added my old passer to it to but wife's passport is virgin
Jaydee1985:
Happy weekend house . Pls I need ur advice urgent . Me and my wife submitted tourist visa application at vfs Canada embassy lekki 20may 2015 till date still processing at Canada visa center is says each time I really t it . List of document I sent was bank state mine with 3m plus and wife about 900k c of o .wedding certificate snd picture sense we goo for honeymoon. Hotel booking confirmation.leave letter from company and also emolument letter and acceptance letter .street naming document becus I own my street . After this long waiting Pls what are my chances of getting. my visa sense I was suppose to travel on the 13 of July . Pls gurus and house contribute .God bless u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
Amefrica:

Haha baba mi na me miss una pass. I nor be class captain oo, I be team member cheesy How your app dey come na?
My Chairman,how you dey, I sent you PM. Very urgent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
deedee0:

Lol.. Are you sure??
Oga/Madam... It's not easy but just try and keep yourself busy, it helps to reduce the tension.
If u're not employed (like me), enrol in something o.
Ur app is 7+ wks right? It's almost here!
Cheers! smiley

What more can I say again na?
I try to get busy... but your know the mind is specially equipped in sneaking into your head when u r not experrin it.
Its 7+ oh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by marcuskens: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
Me and yregs...NL

Jengbetiele:
Anybody coming to Sask or Nl this fall??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
see as una dey talk strokes......shey if una see me...una go fit stay...
Team12:
Lol. No mind am jare...make we forgive am...if e tryam again, 12 strokes it is grin cc@hayqinsBFX tongue

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nor be by body ooo...

hayqinsbFX:
see as una dey talk strokes......shey if una see me...una go fit stay...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
okay na.....
abeg make the strokes come for canada sha... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Team12:
Nor be by body ooo...

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
No worry we shall meet dia by his grace! Wishing you God's speed and success in your app
hayqinsbFX:
okay na.....
abeg make the strokes come for canada sha... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lightdotcom: 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
Why 'purpose of visit' when you have ur LOA n paid tuition. Me think 'purpose of visit' is added if vo is not ok with your finances. U will hardly see some1 delayed for a singular reason.
berexio1:
Purpose of visit can be the only reason bro..It is a huge reason like a subtopic, so yes it can stand alone, u shud see that he has been to d UK hence dem no see pikin like travel history to dash am. And if he has his financial asset covered den dey won't add it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 7:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
Team12:
My dear , so sorry about the stress. I don't go to banking halls o...I cant deal with the wahala. The last time i did was to pay for upfront at consultant practice becos they don't accept debit card.

For my daughter's medicals I simply did an online transfer (seamless) to IOM's standard chartered account and went with the online payment receipt. I paid 15k because it's only physical exam that is done for kids below 5, but based on the email I got from IOM, its 28k for adults.

I should have done the online transfer but I'm having issues with my online banking. Thanks though.

@Berexio1 come and take cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
CHAI!
Bruv!..
This is out of the line...
Purpose of visit just means the VO isn't convinced you're a genuine studeent
lightdotcom:
Why 'purpose of visit' when you have ur LOA n paid tuition. Me think 'purpose of visit' is added if vo is not ok with your finances. U will hardly see some1 delayed for a singular reason.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
Thanks ooo...
Team12:
No worry we shall meet dia by his grace! Wishing you God's speed and success in your app
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by wayaa007(m): 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Nice one then...
Hope yours is fasttrack o...
Then your hope could be highert

when did your colleagues get their TRV...which year
Two of them late last year, and the other got hers in this year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ahyotomiwa: 7:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
[quote author=CoCoLav post=35752705]

y not just pay at standard chatrd bank at ikj...and den head to iom too frm dere..dat i did..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Was it a 2 or 3years prog
Let us be positive too then..

But to save the heartache...Make person just choose PGD...
wayaa007:

Two of them late last year, and the other got hers in this year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
kindly check your mail. I PMed u
Team12:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
[quote author=ahyotomiwa post=35752935][/quote]

Cos my appointment is for 7am. The banks won't be open by then.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
CoCoLav:

Cos my appointment is for 7am. The banks won't be open by then.

standard chartered don't really have branches around all I just did was transfer from my bank. but since ur appointment is 7 wen u get there tell them to push the appointment to 10 am. there is a standard chartered branch at ikeja u can go pay or better still look for ur bank branch and do a transfer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lightdotcom: 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
Mr. how do you measure a genuine student? So all those who had purpose of visit as one reason for their delay are not genuine students and all those who got trv are genuine students right?
hayqinsbFX:
CHAI!
Bruv!..
This is out of the line...
Purpose of visit just means the VO isn't convinced you're a genuine studeent

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.