Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,216 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1077381 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 6:41am On Jul 22, 2015
standupguy:

Onyeoma where were you with this information when I dashed Gtbank my money while trying to pay my tuition .
You are correct in all you said.
In fact I did BTA yesterday for someone who is going for summer vacation yesterday.
BTA is 5k, your company has to be invited and you have to be nominated by your company to bid and get it.
I was able to buy in less then an Hour from diamondbank at the rate of 200 at 2% transaction charges.
For now diamond remains your best bet for forex.

I need a little clarification with the form A thing, the few times I have used it, the payment with straight to the school for tuition but you said something about the money being ttransferred to your personal account, how does that work please? Can you elaborate.

@ d bolded, sorry about the waste of cash... At times, one gets too busy to respond in here especially when school is in session.

All you need is exactly the same docx you used to pay your tuition fees. Your school account details will be replaced with yours. And the reason in this case will be for UPKEEP & LIVING EXPENSES. You can transfer a tangible amount at once.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 6:49am On Jul 22, 2015
Seriously, this after medical call refusal be like sport betting tension...
After palming 5 matches, remaining 1 match to complete your 6 matches accumulation of US$1,000 return...
At the point of seeing FT for the match that's 1-0 in your favour...
The next thing you see is 1-1 full time...
So annoying...

@hayqinbFX, does that sound familiar? lol

May God help us all!!!

laureek:
Update: Hubbys application (opeyemi8) was refused.he got to the hospital for his medicals and they couldn't pull up his information.went back to check for any updates and discovered a refusal mail was actually sent about 2hrs after he got a a mail to do medicals.
Reason for delay:Purpose of visit ,travel history and they are not convinced he is coming back.
We are refiring of course and thankful as much as we were when he got the medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 6:53am On Jul 22, 2015
mehn....as e dey hot....soon itll start again.....hopefully in CA..

how ur end na....hope ure gathering up well...
TempusQ:
After palming 5 matches, remaining 1 match to complete your 6 matches accumulation of US$1,000 return...
So annoying...

May God help us all!!!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SantohFilz(m): 6:59am On Jul 22, 2015
vinegar:

Hi...congrats...did ur status change on Vfs tracking? If yes, how long was it before it changed from the time of submission....

My status changed to "is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, Accra"....2 weeks after submission
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 7:03am On Jul 22, 2015
Bro! My head is really aching me real hard...
I pray God take away this kind of drama from a sinner like me...
After paying up to 500k to Maple Edu.

hayqinsbFX:
mehn....as e dey hot....soon itll start again.....hopefully in CA..

how ur end na....hope ure gathering up well...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 7:19am On Jul 22, 2015
Nice one!!!

OyBosEnEmm:

Two wrongs don't make a right. We all rely on each other on this platform to learn and later impart same to newcomers. Let's all try as much as possible to be civil and more matured. Two of you have been great all along and am sure many are already blessed by your contributions so far. Let's not get distracted rather keep the flag flying while those expecting hit their TRV target soonest.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 7:19am On Jul 22, 2015
olageeee:
Hello house,

my question is*aAre application processed outside nigeria usually faster than the one processed in nigeria?

I read on this thread that it takes days to get a reply when application are processed outside nigeria,I would want to know how TRUE this is....

thanks

It depends on where you are applying from and your status there. If you are on a visiting visa, it is advisable you apply from Nigeria however, if on a study our working visa, apply from where you are provided it isn't in the Middle East.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:27am On Jul 22, 2015
Check ur PM...

God will win...

U for just gimme that moneyy to stake odds of 3!
Chai na same risk

TempusQ:
Bro! My head is really aching me real hard...
I pray God take away this kind of drama from a sinner like me...
After paying up to 500k to Maple Edu.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 7:29am On Jul 22, 2015
Did he state whom he'll be leaving your 4 years son to in Nigeria in his LOE?

laureek:

Please can you provide any links if you have or where i can read more on express entry.when they started it, I knew there was something about having a valid job offer in canada. Also, couldn't our son have been a strong tie and enough evidence that he doesn't plan on migrating?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 7:35am On Jul 22, 2015
Onyeoma3:

Diamond International visa card is okay in my opinion. You can also give Fidelity bank a try.

Okay.nice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 7:37am On Jul 22, 2015
Replied.

hayqinsbFX:
Check ur PM...

God will win...

U for just gimme that moneyy to stake odds of 3!
Chai na same risk

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 7:56am On Jul 22, 2015
Onyeoma3:

Diamond International visa card is okay in my opinion. You can also give Fidelity bank a try.

Appreciate your input.
STanbic IBTC too charge 240naira per withdrawal and their exchange rate has been consistent and constant for some months now($199.3-199.5 USD) for atm card usage outside the country.Same as CAD

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by NigerianNewbie: 8:01am On Jul 22, 2015
Onyeoma3:

[b] Hello,

I'll advise you get a PTA (Personal Travel Allowance) from Diamond bank or Fidelity bank (The 2 banks I know with the lowest exchange rate when I did mine 2 years back). The max you can get with this is $4,000USD which you can come to Canada with and convert back to CAD as soon as you open your account at any of the Canadian Financial institutions.

In addition, if you still need more massive transfer, initiate the form A transfer before leaving with your bank (1st or Diamond bank is ideal in this case too cos of their low rates) by telling your account officer about your intentions. When you get to Canada, open an account, send down your bank details back home and let one of your family members complete the transaction for you (reason for payment is usually tuition and /or upkeep). All that will be required is your bank details, admission letter, NYSC discharge cert, Degree cert (not too sure).

Lastly, since the placing of the annoying limit of $300/day on offshore withdrawal from ATM by CBN, this option has further being advisable for POS transaction (there is no charge as well as limit for POS transactions with your debit cards, master or visa).
I'll advise Diamond bank for offshore ATM transactions as well cos they have one of the lowest conversion rates and their charge is $240 per withdrawal.

Also note that visa card conversion rate is lower than mastercard irrespective of the financial institution.

N/B: While I was taking my courses during the fall session, this study about the different transactions was ongoing all thru as well. So, basically talking based on personal experience. [/b]

This is very detailed and helpful. Thanks a lot

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by marcuskens: 8:07am On Jul 22, 2015
aye aye...MUN fall 2015

Turpsie:
Anyone going to memorial University of Newfoundland this fall semester?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 8:07am On Jul 22, 2015
Jengbetiele:

Hello are you certain they still do this BTA or PTA thing? I wanted to get dollars before i left Nigeria and i was told cbn cancelled it sort of....................

Yes,know someone that purchased PTA from Fidelity bank this year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 8:27am On Jul 22, 2015
Been there before ; that feeling mehn grin
TempusQ:
So annoying...

May God help us all!!!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 8:28am On Jul 22, 2015
Application closed and approved.
Thanks guys.
To all the hopefuls, may God look into your case and make the decision.
TheBae I'm waiting for you o.

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by marcuskens: 8:39am On Jul 22, 2015
Hi Chars1289 & NigerianNewbie, see my response on this
1. Its actually PTA (personal travel allowance) you need and not BTA (business travel allowance)...this one is for corporate account holders.
2. BTA can give up to $5000, PTA will give maximum of $4000
3. As for bidding, I find it hard to believe as I just requested for one at fidelity bank HQ and got $4000 in a matter of 90mins...ticket confirmation made it take that long. Conversion was at N199.45 and No extra charges
4. At the moment, most banks are not selling, only Fidelity and Diamond banks are to the best of my knowledge. Diamond insisted my acct needs to run @least 6months b4 they can sell to me. I had Fidelity acct previously so I dont know if they will apply same rule.
Finally like Chars mentioned, you only need your ticket (paid/confirmed)n valid visa on passport and the naira equivalent in your account

NigerianNewbie:

I'll look into the BTA. Thanks a lot.

You welcome
A bit of info for the purchase of BTA. You might not get it immediately you request for it. The bank will have to bid on your behalf which might take 3-7days.In addition, some banks might give you a ^Not available^ answer bt inform them that you are not getting it right away but you want to request for a bid tender through them to CBN. You will only need your flight ticket, visa page and Int passport to present in the bank.

Chars1289:

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2015
Congratulation love! grin Mine is getting approved this week IJN! I wish you the very best!
CoCoLav:
Thanks guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omemma1: 8:44am On Jul 22, 2015
TheBae:
Congratulation love! grin Mine is getting approved this week IJN! I wish you the very best!

Ow long did it take to call for ur passport after ur medical profile changed to passed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:44am On Jul 22, 2015
For Diamond Bank PTA, your account with them needs to be at least 6months old before they can approve it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omemma1: 8:52am On Jul 22, 2015
@ CoCoLav
Ow long did it take to call for ur passport after ur medical profile changed to passed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 8:55am On Jul 22, 2015
berexio1:
@crich. How far?
Nice, someone remembered me.
I'm still patiently waiting for a pp request. Greatly hoping on God.
How are you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by LOVINA1245: 8:56am On Jul 22, 2015
CoCoLav:
Thanks guys.

cocosugar, please what was the time frame btw when you went for medicals, status passed on yr portal, passport request and app closed? congratzzzzz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by justwise(m): 9:08am On Jul 22, 2015
lotzera11:
I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF ADVICE
I HAD TO DROP OUT OF SCHOOL SOME YEARS AGO IN MY FINAL YEAR BECAUSE I HAD AN EXTRA YEAR AND JUST A COURSE
BUT I COULDNT RAISE THE SCHOOL FEES AND EXPENSES
I TRIED GOING BACK TO SCHOOL AFTER I RAISED SOME MONEY BUT IT WAS TOO LATE
I AM 30 NOW AND I INTEND TO CONTINUE MY STUDY IN CANADA
IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET MY TRANSCRIPT FROM SCHOOL AND APPLY IN A SCHOOL IN CANADA
COULD THIS BE EASY OR HARD
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT

11. Don't create distracting posts with: ALL WORDS BOLD / huge font sizes / ALL CAPS / distracting images.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 9:15am On Jul 22, 2015
LOVINA1245:

cocosugar, please what was the time frame btw when you went for medicals, status passed on yr portal, passport request and app closed? congratzzzzz

Between medicals and closed it was 6 days excluding public holidays and weekends.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 9:16am On Jul 22, 2015
omemma1:

That same day. I logged in, saw medicals passed, minutes later got a message in my CIC account and it was pp request.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 9:16am On Jul 22, 2015
@marcuskens
Onyeoma*s input and yours hv given a clearer picture of the PTA purchase process.Thanks
About the bidding,this is exclusively based on past experience.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by davide470(m): 9:39am On Jul 22, 2015
CoCoLav:
Thanks guys.
angry smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 9:40am On Jul 22, 2015
All glory to God! Ps66:20
And gratitude to this thread.. 

My TRV journey
Upfront med: Apr 29 at Consultant Practice Ikoyi
App submitted: Online-May 12
Biometric: May 13
Medical passed: July 9
Passport request: July 13
Passport submitted: July 15
POE Introduction letter: July 17
Passport collection mail: July 21
Passport collected (with TRV): July 22

With the recent happenings... I had to stay away from Nairaland cos d feeling of something can still happen until my passport is stamped was real!!!  Ppl getting Refused after medicals.. Not fair sad

Its not over until its over.. TOTAL Victory for medical TRV Awaitees, and Favour, even up to the POE stage and after!! (As it's beyond med call, TRV and good success in Canada is the goal)

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykolabo: 9:45am On Jul 22, 2015
Hi Forumites,

New to this forum but i was informed that i would be assisted and accepted by all.
Please i need advise and assistance as i wish and hope to travel by 2016 ( Winter).
Kindly assist with affordable schools in Ontario for postgraduate ( preferably Masters in Human Resources)
I pray God bless you too as you advise and take me through.

Anticipating your prompt response Friends.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 9:54am On Jul 22, 2015
laureek:

So what program do you suggest? I thought project management cuts across all professions.

The Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is more highly regarded than a PGD in project management and CIC knows that you can easily get a PMP here in Nigeria and so might not find it a credible enough reason to go abroad for study. I think you should go with haquinsbfx suggestion of an Agric programme. Is there any reason why you don't want to go for a Masters?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.