Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1082621 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tonero230(m): 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
Plz house,i did my biometric today buh the machine did not really capture my fingers well.The lady said it's manageable.I told her if i should repeat again she said no.plz,can i lay a complain to the embassy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
bc2015:

Well, it depends on you. There are other routes to take buh in this forum, we take the study route.
Please enlighten me , abeg.
I have my searchlight on either US or Canada.

Thanks bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Thomby2k12(m): 6:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
Did they send you an email that your trv has been approved or how does one know that the visa has been approved after one has completed the medical?
TheBae:
Visa approved ohhhhhh!
All Glory to God!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Thomby2k12(m): 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
Did they send you an email that your trv has been approved or how does one know that the visa has been approved after one has completed the medical?

TheBae:
Visa approved ohhhhhh!
All Glory to God!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
babbs45:

Where Oga imperiouxx dey... you dey introduce dashing shayo for this thread abi. Hope say you ask permission sha. Lol.

sad angry angry cheesy grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Thomby2k12(m): 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
Congratulations! So happy for you.

Please did they send you an email that your trv has been approved or how does one know that the visa has been approved after one has completed the medical?
TheBae:
Visa approved ohhhhhh!
All Glory to God!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ada4all: 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
TheBae:
Applied May 19
Paper
Medical Call 3rd of July (came at the wrong time of the month hence delay in doing medicals)
Medical Done 13th of July, I don't know when medical result was received cos vfs tracking kept saying "application being processed"
Visa approval mail 22nd of June.

Pls was it uni or college u applied to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 6:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
smiley thank you
Graviton2:

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
British Airways? Lol OBO, cheapest to I saw was 1.6M
myb012:
Please who is using BA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by babbs45: 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
Bao1004:
Guys,
I am new on Nairaland and have been going through the trends although a bit lengthy and difficult to read all. I applied to four fours in Canada for my masters in Economics- University of Ottawa, University of waterloo, Brock University, Wilfrid laurier university and did not get any of the admission. I have very good grades and finished with 4.49 in school and have about 4 year experience in a good company. I am wondering what I could have done wrong and was very pained when I didn't get any of the admission. Can anyone here advise me.

Why don't you apply to schools in the U.S. as well. With a very good GRE scores , SOP, recommendation letter couple with your strong cgpa you can get full funding for your MSC.

Check out this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2310954/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/231#36025888.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
tonero230:
Plz house,i did my biometric today buh the machine did not really capture my fingers well.The lady said it's manageable.I told her if i should repeat again she said no.plz,can i lay a complain to the embassy
Not necessary bro. It was sent as 'best captured'(manageable). Do u usually have problems with ur fingerprints?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
LadyFiona:
Please enlighten me , abeg.
I have my searchlight on either US or Canada.

Thanks bro.
You a diplomate or a graduate? How long have you been practicing?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pcachuks(f): 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
deedee0:
All glory to God! Ps66:20
And gratitude to this thread.. 

My TRV journey
Upfront med: Apr 29 at Consultant Practice Ikoyi
App submitted: Online-May 12
Biometric: May 13
Medical passed: July 9
Passport request: July 13
Passport submitted: July 15
POE Introduction letter: July 17
Passport collection mail: July 21
Passport collected (with TRV): July 22

With the recent happenings... I had to stay away from Nairaland cos d feeling of something can still happen until my passport is stamped was real!!!  Ppl getting Refused after medicals.. Not fair sad

Its not over until its over.. TOTAL Victory for medical TRV Awaitees, and Favour, even up to the POE stage and after!! (As it's beyond med call, TRV and good success in Canada is the goal)

So happy for you , Am still on a waiting things....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
bc2015:

You a diplomate or a graduate? How long have you been practicing?
Had diploma in both nursing and midwifery and also a final year student of nursing at NOUN.
Have been working with midwifery cert since 2009, just got my RN last year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
Yes, they sent me an email saying "your visa has been approved"
Thomby2k12:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
If you had bothered to read back the last few pages, then you would have seen this @richcasey post containing the answer to your question.

Please endeavour to at least read Part 8 of this thread. Some people have read several parts, totalling hundreds or thousands of pages. You should at least try to do a small fraction of that.

Shebol01:
Hello fellow NLers,

What format should a sponsorship letter in form of an affidavit take. Is it just the usual letter format which is stamped in a highcourt and signed by the sponsor or any special format?

What advntage does the usual letter signed accordingly differ from the affidavit form?

Input and responses from our veterans.

Many thanks.
PS: would not mind if I could get a good format sample sent to this email addy: whisper2dio@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Mount Saint Vincent Uni in Halfax. @ayoalade's alma mater.
ada4all:
Pls was it uni or college u applied to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
laureek:

Thank you.I sent a mail but some questions have been answered here.

Replied!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
Yoour passport is ready at the vfs office...

They wnt send u a mail unless it's ready...
If u were able to track u wud. Have seen it was actually dispatched 17th of june...
It got to lagos 2day..
Go pickur docs andknw the reasons for the delay
fraque192:
Nahh, nothing at all, only to get this email 3 times after sending an email on my inability to track my application.

Was unable to track my application. Even till now, I can't.
I also didn't do medicals upfront.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
What prog are u going for bro...
Congratulations
Cherokee:
My people,
The Lord has finally done it.
Medical mail don show
Online 16th June

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
Bao1004:
Guys,
I am new on Nairaland and have been going through the trends although a bit lengthy and difficult to read all. I applied to four fours in Canada for my masters in Economics- University of Ottawa, University of waterloo, Brock University, Wilfrid laurier university and did not get any of the admission. I have very good grades and finished with 4.49 in school and have about 4 year experience in a good company. I am wondering what I could have done wrong and was very pained when I didn't get any of the admission. Can anyone here advise me.
O boy. This might just be the case of u village witches following u(joking). With that Cgpa some even land scholarship. Try Team 12's school of choice..U should get it..Persevere
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
@Bao1004
Sometimes it's not all about the CGPA. It's about the course content of your transcript.
If the school feels you haven't done enough in your UG to grant you access into the masters you will find it difficult.

My friend had the same GP and is a civil engineering graduate but has bn applying into chemical and petroleum engineering in canadian universites.
None has offered him admission just because his course content do not cater for a masters in his proposed field.

You could check your course content and judge yourself if it'll give u an advantage

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
laureek:

Thank you.well he studied agric economics so will be checking dalhousie as suggested by @hayqinsbFX. which school are you in?

He could also try Saskatchewan. He might be required to take some few classes though before starting his Masters. In the meantime, focus on him coming through OWP or visiting and he can sort the school stuff when he arrives.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
LadyFiona:
Had diploma in both nursing and midwifery and also a final year student of nursing at NOUN.
Have been working with midwifery cert since 2009, just got my RN last year.
Well, for nursing in canada, I'll say u finish at NOUN with a 2.1 and above, then apply for Masters in public health or Masters in Health Administration or Masters in genrontology or any other related course, then u can start ur canadian nursing licensing registration once u get ur visa and prep for ur canadian NCLEX. Or u can go for a PGD in any of the nursing courses of ur choice at OMNI college or thru INSCOL Academy. Here, they help u prepare for the NCLEX.
Check google abt midwifery in Canada, really dont knw much abt it.

Cc other nurses on the forum for addition or subtraction

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by marcuskens: 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
Diamond bank na ur best bet in terms ATM card charges abroad. GTB charges na suicide mission. FCMB may be an option...I reckon they good card charges as well.

kennykentipsy:
OK pls I need u guys advice I have a UBA account and diamond bank account and I know UBA is bleeped up

so I intend opening a GTB account or there is no need? should jus stick to my diamond account donno how good diamond bank is in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
kennykentipsy:

KLM wow that's about 400k well I booked Egyptair 277k one stop
Brother.. Thats how I estimated 450k oo nd got debit alert of 536k.. paid with mastercard online cry

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
TheBae:
Visa approved ohhhhhh!
All Glory to God!
*dancing
Congrats!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
myb012:
Documents submited
Paper route may1
Medicals 13th June but was able to do it 22nd cs it was that tym of the month
Got approved 21th of July
Sponsor - my uncle company I work, my dad a partner
Sponsorship letter from uncle
Concent lettervfrom.dad
Partnership deed of the company
CAC document
Acceptance letter from schl -pgd in financial planning and Wealth management ( cos I work in an audit/ accounting firm so it has to tally wiv the course I choose cs it was also one of there reasons I was refused bf since I informed dem it's d company sponsoring me so it must tally)
WAEC certificate
Leaving school certificate
Police clearance
Statement of account of the company my uncle been the only signatory
Letter from the bank
My payslips
Birth certificate
* since I was refused before for travel history I did copies of pages of visas to UK nd US ND I ATTACHED The families own too cs anoda reason was family ties so I did copies of visa pages of everyone in my family nd my brother in canada as well, nd my uncle too * Note we r nt bearing the same surname
Certificates av had bf
Transcript from school adressed to embassy
Landed properties from my dad nd uncle
.nd lastly I prayed wink
I hope dis mit b helpful for sumone
Congratulations.... Do you make any payment of tuitions fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
Crich:
Gloryyyyyyyyy! Praise God!
Medical mail just found its way into my email box.
Thanks y'all. But that's phase 1 of the thanks. Wait for the next. You guys are awesome.
Snr MCBgist... Congrats Ma!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
Congrats TheBae. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
SeraSera:
Quick tips for those intending to book flights this period: If you do not live in Lagos or you live in Lagos and do not mind some extra travelling, for whatever airlines you choose, compare flight prices between Lagos and Abuja airports for your intended travel dates. I discovered that with Lufthansa, flights from Abuja are generally less expensive than those from Lagos. I was able to secure a one-stop flight to Toronto-Pearson at 325k from Abuja as opposed to 390k from Lagos for the same date and time.

Also, if possible do not pay online. If your chosen airline offers the option, choose to pay at their office or through bank transfer. They would send you the equivalent amount in Naira. For Lufthansa, conversion was done at about 199 naira to the dollar, which I think is quite fair. There is a good chance that you would pay at a higher conversion rate is you choose to pay with your bank issued cards. That's all. Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.