Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1076167 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
Omonjoe:
I merged my docs into a file and d file was 4.19MB in MS word, when I converted the file to pdf using doPDF software, the file size was 21.9MB. I tried using the method in richcasey's link to reduce the file, it does reduced the file to 4.12MB but the problem is that the documents are very blurred. Pls who knows a best way to reduce file and also retain or nt affect much the legibility of the docs
But bros why do you wanna use online route if I may ask? Would advise you do paper route and save yourself all these stress. You will still av to go for biometrics even for online......just my thinking sha!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
chucksbadt:

Congrats dear, still waiting for my breakthrough. Submitted my application for U of R via email online route. Just silently praying for the acceptance!
Oh! Didn't know u are going to U of R too. Nice. When did u submit? Which course? Which semester?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 11:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
[b] LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL -SEPT 2015)

1. samade001: May 21, ottawa, masters, paper
2. Kenenbcc: May 21, NBCC, PGD, paper
3. kfrosh: May22, fanshawe, PGD, Online
4. Herkenorlar: May22, Cambrian, PGD, paper MEDICALS delayed
5. Tyrannasty: May22 U of T UG, paper MEDICALS
6 Gu2015: May 24 Upfront medicals.Uni of Sask,Mph,Online TRV
7.. Funmi14: May 25, Dalhouse, MHA, paper MEDICALS delayed
8. DMX0606 : May 25, MN, paper, UG MEDICALS
9.. Lolly1204: May 28th, Conestoga,PGD, Online delayed
10. easyxtan: Jun 1, Vancouver Island Uni MBA Online MEDICALS
11. pcachuks fam2: Jun1, Conestoga PDG online
12. midnightinParis: jun 4, U of M, MSC Online MEDICALS
13. David2: jun 4, Conestoga, PDG paper
14. fraque192: jun 4, Selkirk , Diploma Paper
15. Ahyotomiwa: Jun 5, U of R, M.A.SC Paper MEDICALS
16. Richcasey: Jun 5, Conestoga PDG Online
17. Justicia: Jun 7, York Uni Msc (LL.M) Online MEDICALS
18. JohnsonIyere: Jun 8, Lambton, PDG Paper
19. Jessicajessa: Jun8, Seneca, PDG Online TRV
20. bosypumpin: Jun 12, U of M (LL.M) ; Online
21. Adeomopo: Jun 12, Paper MEDICALS
22 Crich: Jun 13, U of R, Madmin online TRV
23. AriseOcompatrot: Jun 13, U of V, PG, Online MEDICALS
24. Opessy: jun 15, Dalhouse M.eng online MEDICALS
25. 7teen: jun 15 U of R, M.ASC online
26. Cherokee: june 16, MSC, online MEDICALS
27. Thomby2k12: Jun 19, Brandon Uni M.ED Paper MEDICALS
28. Santohfilz: june 25th, UG, paper MEDICALS
29. TempusQ: June 26, Humber, PGC, Paper(Upfront Medicals),
30 Mykel12: june 30, MUN, MSC, Online
31. Ayooluwatoni: june 30, MUN, MSC, Paper. MEDICALS
32. Vinegar: July 3rd (upfront medicals) PGD,MUN, Paper
33. dedicateDD: July8, Upfront Medicals, Online
34. Graviton2: July8, (Upfront Medicals), Upei, UG Paper
35. gabrola: july 27, MUN MA, online

If you have admission and have applied for TRV Please provide the following information :
**Submission date
**Institution
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper **level of study.
BEST WISHES

UPDATED[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 11:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
"You can study in Canada without a study permit if:
the duration of your course or program of study is six months or less; and
you will complete your course or studies within the time you are allowed to stay in Canada."
That's the first thing I saw when I googled. It's from CIC websites.
Gurus can answer your other questions
tiredof9ja:
Good evening good people of nairaland. I have already got myself into the hand of an Idiot called Agent before I found this thread through Google. Below are the summary of my situation: The so called Agent introduced to me a Three (3) Months Training Program which is schedule to hold in Ontario Canada between 7th of September, 2015 through 11th of December, 2015. Course fee and other charges already paid through him amounted to about 1.3million naira. In short we have submitted Application for Temporary Residence Visa since 30th of June, 2015 still praying and hoping for the TRV. Please I need your assistance in the following area: 1. Is there anything like study Visa in Canada below 6 months? If Yes 2. Can someone work with it? 3. Is it renewable there in Canada? Your prompt response will be appreciated God bless..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dahjor(m): 11:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
Bobola86:
Hello from Edmonton! smiley
Glory be to God for the safe trip. Thanks to kclexa and pcachuks for picking me up and showing me around already. To all trv awaitees, your testimony is next!

Congratulations Bobola..... i will mail you so u can tell me what to expect and prepare for at the point of entry. i'm nt coming to edmonton anymore, im going to montreal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 11:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
Chei sorry o.

1. Here is a page from CIC that answers your first question about study permit for short courses less than six months.

2. If you do not apply for a study permit, then you cannot work. The link above, however, states you can still apply for a study permit even if your program is shorter than six months (though it is not required). This CIC page states you can work if you have a study permit, and does not make distinctions around program length. I'm not sure if it answers your question clearly.

3. Yes, you can renew a study permit from inside Canada -- this is the advantage of applying for one even if your program is shorter than six months. See the first link to read directly from CIC.

PS: Please learn to make Google your close friend so you don't get duped by agents again. I found all this information in less than five minutes.

tiredof9ja:
Good evening good people of nairaland. I have already got myself into the hand of an Idiot called Agent before I found this thread through Google. Below are the summary of my situation: The so called Agent introduced to me a Three (3) Months Training Program which is schedule to hold in Ontario Canada between 7th of September, 2015 through 11th of December, 2015. Course fee and other charges already paid through him amounted to about 1.3million naira. In short we have submitted Application for Temporary Residence Visa since 30th of June, 2015 still praying and hoping for the TRV. Please I need your assistance in the following area: 1. Is there anything like study Visa in Canada below 6 months? If Yes 2. Can someone work with it? 3. Is it renewable there in Canada? Your prompt response will be appreciated God bless..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
TempusQ:
Oga, no vex, if you're in Canada, try using your ATM to withdraw cash.
A friend in Canada tried using her card, but was unable to withdraw
After complaining to her mum, who called her bank to confirm an outright ban. Just for POS only

Not trying to argue with you o as I'm not in Canada but My bank notified me of the development sometimes ago and I just checked google now, there's nothing like that. Cbn only placed a limit on withdrawals abroad, both on ATM and POS. So their are two possibilities, probably she already exceeded her daily withdrawal limit, or the bank has prob. I stand to be corrected anyway!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 12:01am On Jul 29, 2015
The list looks great! Loads of Masters applicants this time.
So many blues and greens, thank God for progress on the thread! You're all doing a great job.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:03am On Jul 29, 2015
thesoj:
Chei sorry o.

1. Here is a page from CIC that answers your first question about study permit for short courses less than six months.

2. If you do not apply for a study permit, then you cannot work. The link above, however, states you can still apply for a study permit even if your program is shorter than six months (though it is not required). This CIC page states you can work if you have a study permit, and does not make distinctions around program length. I'm not sure if it answers your question clearly.

3. Yes, you can renew a study permit from inside Canada -- this is the advantage of applying for one even if your program is shorter than six months. See the first link to read directly from CIC.

PS: Please learn to make Google your close friend so you don't get duped by agents again. I found all this information in less than five minutes.

Bro I think it states you must be enrolled in a designated learning institution and the program should lead to a degree before you can be issued a work permit, so if the institution he/she is applying to is not designated, I doubt if there will be a work permit. Not 100% sure though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:07am On Jul 29, 2015
grabeconnie:

Letter of Explanation, is it the same as SOP?
How do I upload my supporting documents like marriage certificate,and others?

Yes it is the same, just to clear things. U will scan them. But you can save yourself that stress and go through paper route. Your document is 100% safe. If you prefer online, it's okay sha, the choice is yours
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 12:09am On Jul 29, 2015
Ayo: yup you are likely right!
@tiredof9ja: hope this helps

ayooluwatoni:
Bro I think it states you must be enrolled in a designated learning institution and the program should lead to a degree before you can be issued a work permit, so if the institution he/she is applying to is not designated, I doubt if there will be a work permit. Not 100% sure though

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 12:12am On Jul 29, 2015
I found a better and clearer CIC page.
@tiredof9ja: No, you cannot work off campus since your program is not six months in length.

ayooluwatoni:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chucksbadt(m): 12:14am On Jul 29, 2015
Crich:

Oh! Didn't know u are going to U of R too. Nice. When did u submit? Which course? Which semester?

M.Eng. Electronic Systems Engineering, submitted via online last week Thursday. Will be pushing in my recommendation letters today!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Joe980: 12:16am On Jul 29, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Hmmm....interesting..
How old aare u...When did u finish ur first degree...
Chai... VO hayqinsbFX
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Aigbogun01: 12:26am On Jul 29, 2015
@ Crich. Are you going to U of R as well?
chucksbadt:

M.Eng. Electronic Systems Engineering, submitted via online last week Thursday. Will be pushing in my recommendation letters today!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chucksbadt(m): 12:32am On Jul 29, 2015
Aigbogun01:
@ Crich. Are you going to U of R as well?

Yes bro.....applying for winter session
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by onyxpebbles: 12:39am On Jul 29, 2015
Hey Ayo, I would like to connect with you as I am interest in MUN too. Could you please reply my message. Thank you
ayooluwatoni:

Yes o, going to MUN! I'm guessing you're also going to MUN! Check www.flyfar.ca or www.momondos.com or www.priceline.com or use TripAdvisor app. It's a connecting flight (Virgin Atlantic and Air Canada) with abt a 20hrs stop at Heathrow (UK).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tiredof9ja: 12:39am On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate. @thesoj Please do you suggest I should just ask for refund since the program doesn't meet up with my plans. If yes Will I have to Withdraw my Application and hope withdrawing my application won't ruin my future chance of getting TRV / Study Permit. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:48am On Jul 29, 2015
onyxpebbles:
Hey Ayo, I would like to connect with you as I am interest in MUN too. Could you please reply my message. Thank you
done!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:51am On Jul 29, 2015
tiredof9ja:
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate. @thesoj Please do you suggest I should just ask for refund since the program doesn't meet up with my plans. If yes Will I have to Withdraw my Application and hope withdrawing my application won't ruin my future chance of getting TRV / Study Permit. Thanks
Collect your money man! It won't affect anything! In fact you might get a refund of your application fee if no decision has been made before you withdraw it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Booskie88: 12:59am On Jul 29, 2015
Goodevening House
Please I need urgent help, in filling out my application, My DLI # is 12 digits and when I entered it, I keep getting an error message that it's meant to be about 20 digits, please can anyone advice me on what to do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:06am On Jul 29, 2015
Booskie88:
Goodevening House
Please I need urgent help, in filling out my application, My DLI # is 12 digits and when I entered it, I keep getting an error message that it's meant to be about 20 digits, please can anyone advice me on what to do.
Check CIC site to be sure u entering the right DLI #. I got an error msg while I was filling mine too, but my mistake was that I started with 0 (zero) instead of letter O. So be sure that's not your mistake too.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 1:14am On Jul 29, 2015
Yes, ask for a refund. I agree with @ayooluwatoni. The school should be able to refund you... but do go on the school's website to first read up on their refund policy. Email CIC asking them about withdrawal and to check if it will affect future applications -- I doubt it would though.

I recommend you check the school refund policy asap, because some schools hold part of your money and won't give 100% refund unless you were denied a visa.

tiredof9ja:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Booskie88: 1:23am On Jul 29, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Check CIC site to be sure u entering the right DLI #. I got an error msg while I was filling mine too, but my mistake was that I started with 0 (zero) instead of letter O. So be sure that's not your mistake too.
Okay Tank U, I guess that was my mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dahjor(m): 1:24am On Jul 29, 2015
TempusQ:
For those traveling soon...
Don't forget CBN banned use of MasterCard for ATM withdrawals, you can only use it on POS.
Please, those on ground in Canada should confirm this info, abeg o
I don't thik it's a total ban o, but a limit against withdrwalon atm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:36am On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kclexa(m): 2:35am On Jul 29, 2015
TempusQ:
For those traveling soon...
Don't forget CBN banned use of MasterCard for ATM withdrawals, you can only use it on POS.
Please, those on ground in Canada should confirm this info, abeg o

Very wrong info. There is no ban on the use of MasterCard for ATM withdraws in Canada.
We still use our Naija MasterCard over here. Its just a daily limit of $300.

So stop the unnecessary panic

cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 3:39am On Jul 29, 2015

Congrats, Crich, waleakins and funmi14's wife!

Funmi14,

Not to worry. Since the TRV came to your wife, the goodluck will definitely extend to you. Are you going to reapply?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chuksbook: 3:48am On Jul 29, 2015
Please anyone travelling to Manitoba/Winnipeg? It's urgent please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 4:02am On Jul 29, 2015
tiredof9ja:

I found the bolded and your moniker very funny...no vex grin

Since you've already submitted your application, I guess you'll have to be patient and wait for its outcome.
1. I'm not sure there is a study visa under 6months, consider checking the CIC website.
2. Since you are going for a program with duration below 6months you probably won't be allowed to work.
3. Most Canadian visas are renewable although I am still uncertain if you intend applying for another program after completion of the 3months course - If you are, then by common approach I guess it can be renewed from within Canada.

You can't renew a STUDY visa if you aren't admitted into a Canadian institution or currently STUDYING in one.

Goodluck smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 4:26am On Jul 29, 2015
Team12, Good morning. Had no idea you were an earlybird. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 4:30am On Jul 29, 2015
Oga u are old on this thread now...why are u the one asking this question? shocked ...congrats
waleakins:
YES THEY ATTACHED A PHOTOCOPY OF MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT WITH CIC STAMP ON IT.. pls dont be annoyed im asking dis questions, i havent applied before and i have been following this trend from part 6, im cold nau. This is my first time of applying, u shd understd me. Mevisbleek where are u @darefestus thank u God BLESS U. I submitted d first tuesday in july 15.

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.