Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,632 members, 7,816,607 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1075990 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 9:04am On Aug 06, 2015
Gud morni all.... In the sponsorship letter, would it be better the sponsor states the amount he will be making available in Canadian dollars instead of naira since one does not know the exchange rate the VOs are working with. The sponsor's SOA is in naira.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 9:06am On Aug 06, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Oh..
So they actually did some dispatches yesterday...

SIGHS!

Your app still processing?

To be honest, I'd prefer my app still in Accra to this confusion I am in right now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 9:15am On Aug 06, 2015
Omonjoe:
Gud morni all.... In the sponsorship letter, would it be better the sponsor states the amount he will be making available in Canadian dollars instead of naira since one does not know the exchange rate the VOs are working with. The sponsor's SOA is in naira.
State in both, and indicate what you used as exchange rate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 9:18am On Aug 06, 2015
Graviton2:

To be honest, I'd prefer my app still in Accra to this confusion I am in right now.

Don't know why and what's confusing you, they gave you instructions, follow them and stop getting worried unecessarily.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ejirostephen(m): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2015
My guud people once again, I applied to Northern Lights College in BC and I have been issued Letter of Acceptance (LOA) just two days after paying the 100cdn app fee and sent my docs to them online. Now, can anyone please for the love of God guide me on the next step to take? At what point will i be expected to remit my fees? Am i still expecting anythin document from the school beside the letter of acceptance...

Thanks all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 9:21am On Aug 06, 2015
Maybe....
It cud be that....
It won't be surprising if they approve guys september 1st....lol
standupguy:

Yeah probably to over pour us to January as they have exhausted September Quota.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 9:28am On Aug 06, 2015
thanks. I am confuse on the exchange rate to use with the daily rising of naira against the Canadian dollar. What exchange rate would you suggest?
deedee0:

State in both, and indicate what you used as exchange rate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 9:28am On Aug 06, 2015
Onyeoma3:

You got the 1st mail around 7:23pm and the 2nd mail about 2 hours later.... And you did upfront medicals.

I'm optimistic you've been issued your TRV

Lemme be the first to congratulate you in advance.

When you get your TRV, I'll quickly drop a personal advice for you...

Actually the second info wasn't an email...I decided to track my app and I discovered the status had changed.

Thanks, I'm hoping things don't go south. I need to be in school by September.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeyiMiilan: 9:29am On Aug 06, 2015
@ejirostephen .

Hi, since you have ur LOA, u need to start gathering all ur document for VIsa application.. From ur personal document (certificates and work documents) to ur sponsor's document...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 9:30am On Aug 06, 2015
bonushadow:

@thesoj, nice advice. @graviton2, act as instructed on the mail while delay? What was requested might be sth you wil present to collect ur awaiting trv grin (do i hear u shout that Big Amen? cry good ).
Act fast Bro! Ur trv is waiting 4ur collection.

smiley Thank you. Will call them ASAP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by normac: 9:43am On Aug 06, 2015
good morning All, thanks for this platform, I would like some advice on what steps my wife can take if she has been denied a TRV solely on the ground of inadequate travel history? They said that they are not convinced she will return to Nigeria at the time she said she would and the only factor on which she was denied was travel history (she has only ever been to Ghana once, last year) - is there anything we can do? There was no issue as regarding funding. Replies will be most welcome, thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 9:44am On Aug 06, 2015
I really want My app dispatched!.....I've done medicals...
I just want this thing done and over with...

Graviton2:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by adNEXT: 9:57am On Aug 06, 2015
Morning guys, please am new in this thread, I have gone through the pages one after the other,truly u guys re amazing n supportive.

I want to apply for a PGD program in canada, I hav 2.1 in mechanical, please I ll appreciate candid advice on which school to apply.tkns
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 10:09am On Aug 06, 2015
Alobam!!!
chrisviral:

Pages 10 to 15.
grin cheesy grin
I just need to fucking leave this country, Haba, first experience naa, so I go follow Team12, Thebae3 and others come say when I was in Canada, I do this one, when I was in UK, bank charged me 154, when I was in Five eye countries my shoe do this one... Me self that kind thing dey sweet me to talk but no experience undecided I no fit lie b4 they catch me 4 here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by twizzie: 10:20am On Aug 06, 2015
At least they responded to you.. I have not gotten a response from them and I sent to three different email..Will PM you now for the email addy and draft of your email please.. But I don't get, application for winter 2016 closed already?

And don't worry, your TRV will drop...Just relax...

hayqinsbFX:
That guys post could be further be questioned after this reply from U ottawa.
They said dey do not make preevalluations on files...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 10:23am On Aug 06, 2015
Form A or Diamond Bank MasterCard/Visa
morgan2006:
pls who knows any reliable and cost effective bank to use in paying school fees to a canadian school from Nigeria?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 10:25am On Aug 06, 2015
+2347042848030

Please, is this the right VAC helpline to call? Or should I call the one in Accra?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by phonesNgadgets: 10:25am On Aug 06, 2015
Hello house.
I would like know if I can apply for TRV with print-out of the soft copy of my Letter of Acceptance. I will be applying in September for January start date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 10:27am On Aug 06, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
I really want My app dispatched!.....I've done medicals...
I just want this thing done and over with...

It is well. You will get it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 10:27am On Aug 06, 2015
Chris Talker, take it easy abeg, you're really doing a good job here o...
Relieving tension created by CIC
chrisviral:

I don book ooo, august 16th, e no wan reach, I don already pack my bags since, wearing one cloth and waiting.

Were you this eager on your first flight? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ejirostephen(m): 10:31am On Aug 06, 2015
Good day my very good people. Please I need an urgent clarification. I am already swimming in the pool but, sincerely i have been applying for pnp and job offer to boost e.e point. None of the 2 has yielded result up till now. On a second thought, I decided applying to a cost-less university in Canada and continue my e.e things once admitted. Unfortunately, all univ. require the gmats/gre for admission to my field. Now I am thinking of applying to a college for post-graduate diploma (PGD). Note, not ordinary college diploma. I already have an MBA in business field though. These are my questions;

1. Will one be able to secure canadian student visa easily going by the above as compared to a university?
2. Is it compulsory i make first semester remittance from nigeria before i get letter of acceptance?
3. Is there any difference between letter of acceptance and offer letter? If yes, which of them is a requirement at the embassy.
4. Lastly, the account balance expected by the embassy for a student visa, is it to contain * Your total tuition fee or * Tuition + other fees.

Would appreciate succinct responses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 10:36am On Aug 06, 2015
Well, that will be a strange one....to be denied based on travel history ONLY!...

What's her profile.?

When did she aapply and what route...
normac:
good morning All, thanks for this platform, I would like some advice on what steps my wife can take if she has been denied a TRV solely on the ground of inadequate travel history? They said that they are not convinced she will return to Nigeria at the time she said she would and the only factor on which she was denied was travel history (she has only ever been to Ghana once, last year) - is there anything we can do? There was no issue as regarding funding. Replies will be most welcome, thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by normac: 10:44am On Aug 06, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Well, that will be a strange one....to be denied based on travel history ONLY!...

What's her profile.?

When did she aapply and what route...

Good morning, that's what the letter said, the only box checked against her was the one for travel history. She's currently a housewife but there was no issue regarding her sponsorship for the trip as I will be covering that and i had no intention to travel with her. she applied in early June this year and we just received her passport back this morning.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeraSera(m): 10:50am On Aug 06, 2015
ejirostephen:
Good day my very good people. Please I need an urgent clarification. I am already swimming in the pool but, sincerely i have been applying for pnp and job offer to boost e.e point. None of the 2 has yielded result up till now. On a second thought, I decided applying to a cost-less university in Canada and continue my e.e things once admitted. Unfortunately, all univ. require the gmats/gre for admission to my field. Now I am thinking of applying to a college for post-graduate diploma (PGD). Note, not ordinary college diploma. I already have an MBA in business field though. These are my questions;

1. Will one be able to secure canadian student visa easily going by the above as compared to a university?
2. Is it compulsory i make first semester remittance from nigeria before i get letter of acceptance?
3. Is there any difference between letter of acceptance and offer letter? If yes, which of them is a requirement at the embassy.
4. Lastly, the account balance expected by the embassy for a student visa, is it to contain * Your total tuition fee or * Tuition + other fees.

Would appreciate succinct responses.

I doubt that all Canadian universities require a GMAT/GRE for your field, regardless of what that field is. Nevertheless you have chosen to go the PGD route, so to your questions:

1) No. Your application is judged on its overall merit. The only specified condition is that you're admitted into a Designated Learning Institution.
2) It depends on your institution. If this is a part of their requirement, you would be instructed to do so and probably wouldn't need to ask.
3) They are generally the same. If you've received both from your institution, the one that says something along the lines of, "...We are pleased to offer you admission into so and so program..." is the one you want to include in your application.
4) Your tuition plus other fees and then some.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 10:57am On Aug 06, 2015
Early June? What date?
What program did she apply for?

I think you should request for GcMs file, to have a clearer picture of what the issue is...

normac:

Good morning, that's what the letter said, the only box checked against her was the one for travel history. She's currently a housewife but there was no issue regarding her sponsorship for the trip as I will be covering that and i had no intention to travel with her. she applied in early June this year and we just received her passport back this morning.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 11:04am On Aug 06, 2015
I'm going to Halifax! All the best
jpepper:
I SALUTE O!Hmm,been a silent observer since part 3.Did biometrics 24th June,nothing from cic since then. School resumes Second week September. Anyone else going to Halifax here?Well just hoping for the best sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tayex1: 11:22am On Aug 06, 2015
Do I need a SOP for pgd application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 11:31am On Aug 06, 2015
I don't think so, I got admission without it.

Good Luck!!!
tayex1:
Do I need a SOP for pgd application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sariu11(f): 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,been following this thread for a while now my question goes thus: I actually applied for Msc at UPEI without contacting a Supervisor my application has been accepted but admission is not yet offered coz of a Research supervisour along with my Msc application I also applied to Fleming college,algoguin college and lambton college and have been offered admission for jan 2016......pls which of this colleges is most suitable for Nigerian student and how do i go with the problem of a Research supervisour at UPEI....Your Contributions are needed pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2015
Yes, you can
phonesNgadgets:
Hello house.
I would like know if I can apply for TRV with print-out of the soft copy of my Letter of Acceptance. I will be applying in September for January start date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by normac: 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Early June? What date?
What program did she apply for?

I think you should request for GcMs file, to have a clearer picture of what the issue is...

Oh I'm sorry maybe I did not explain properly, the application was just for a vacation visit and not for academic purposes, she applied on June 3rd, would I possibly need to re-apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
now i see why only travel history could be tiicked

well, i know nothing about visit visa...

normac:

Oh I'm sorry maybe I did not explain properly, the application was just for a vacation visit and not for academic purposes, she applied on June 3rd, would I possibly need to re-apply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.