Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,792 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1074195 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
dirotula:

Nope...the landed properties are all in my name..but shouldn't that cover for her?...well..we plan to tackle that by getting her mum to sign an affidavit that she's willing her property here to her (I hope that will work sha)
Cool if that's all uv got!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by xladym(f): 11:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
badtsharpguy:
Please, what is the Canadian Tax Percentage ??
Depends on the region.... its 15% in Quebec
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeraSera(m): 11:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
Graviton2:

Please I need to know if this is the right number...Got it from the VFS website. Been trying all afternoon, call couldn't go through...Will try again tomorrow.

OK...well, I don't think the call would change much, if anything at all. Since you're unable to get through, don't you think you should rather go to VFS physically and know what's up? Time is of the essence, bro. Get moving.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by bonushadow: 11:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
TheBae:
Only if English is not your first language so it doesn't apply to Nigerians in most cases. If they ask, tell them that your Bachelors degree was taught in English. You can get a letter from your university if they keep asking. You can also scan your WAEC/NECO certificate or get a scratch card so that the can see that you had at least a C6 in English but they most likely will not ask.
@Godynm. Adding up to what @TheBea has said.
They won't have reasons to ask for the proof if you follow suit. FYI NAIT & SAIT I Gz have similar application steps.(usually ask for Eng. proficiency proof).
So long as have mInimum Eng. C6 in your WAEC/or NECO.
To prove that to them,ff steps
*if your doing paper route application; include a WAEC/or NECO scratch card in your application envelop.( Un-scratched o!)
*if Online route; snap the scratch card side bearing the pin 1st(fig. 1), before scratching it to unveil the pin(now showing the pin) then make another snap showing the pin (fig 2).
Upload both afterwards.(Point: both pic's shows evidence of authenticity). Such worked for a friend.
Thou. I will also advice you call the admission office to aline this *online route step to them.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 11:19pm On Aug 06, 2015
Omonjoe
Use Google oo..so you'll just state that the conversions were made based on that rate on a particular date
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jessicajessa(f): 12:04am On Aug 07, 2015
steffans:

Thanks so much for your reply..
It has made my day..

God bless you!
You are welcome(l'm glad l cld help) and God bless you too @steffans.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 12:28am On Aug 07, 2015
Please can one give me full adresse where I can get my docs notarized in Lagos? I need it urgently. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 12:53am On Aug 07, 2015
If you live in Lagos, see these links from the Nairaland German visa thread: this and this.
Otherwise, go to a high court closest to you or lawyer who is also a notary public.

Omonjoe:
Please can one give me full adresse where I can get my docs notarized in Lagos? I need it urgently. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pattyreal(f): 4:56am On Aug 07, 2015
Hello house, please i'm married wit 2 kids seeking 4 admission in alberta. 28yrs and we hv gud travel history. Bt want 2 go 4 a diploma course dat takes student wit a previous degree. Wat do u tink ma chances r? Hubby is d full sponsor. Bt will luv 2 go wit ma kids leavn hubby behind as he's d sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ElCapt: 5:45am On Aug 07, 2015
Hello, Everyone

Its crunch time!

I pray y'all still waiting on CIC get favorable response in time for Fall resumption. I can relate to the feels, if I do say so myself wink
It will definitely end in praise.

Ottawa!

Another reminder to Ottawa bound students as regards the free airport pickup from YOW if you are interested. Check one of my previous posts as regards this and PM for further details!

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ElCapt: 5:48am On Aug 07, 2015
pattyreal:
Hello house, please i'm married wit 2 kids seeking 4 admission in alberta. 28yrs and we hv gud travel history. Bt want 2 go 4 a diploma course dat takes student wit a previous degree. Wat do u tink ma chances r? Hubby is d full sponsor. Bt will luv 2 go wit ma kids leavn hubby behind as he's d sponsor.

Hey,

Your chances are pretty good. Package well and go for it wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 6:34am On Aug 07, 2015
About the airport pickups: out of curiosity, of what nature is the nonprofit that does the pickups? Is it a religious organization or church? Please tell the house what sort of nonprofit it is. There shouldn't be an issue with putting it on here publicly. A couple pages back a gentleman who schools at Waterloo posted that a Redeemed Church he knows does pickups from the Toronto Airport.

I'm not asking to be a pain but I think it would be good to know what sort of organization it is. Also, my sister will be going to Carleton in January if she gets her visa. Thanks.

ElCapt:
Hello, Everyone

Its crunch time!

I pray y'all still waiting on CIC get favorable response in time for Fall resumption. I can relate to the feels, if I do say so myself wink
It will definitely end in praise.

Ottawa!

Another reminder to Ottawa bound students as regards the free airport pickup from YOW if you are interested. Check one of my previous posts as regards this and PM for further details!

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Joe980: 6:55am On Aug 07, 2015
TheBae:
In other news, from the 15th of August, CIC will no longer accept original documents for paper route because they want too keep whatever applicants submit. They want photocopies and will no longer be returning documents. (this info is from a friend who went to submit his application at Vfs today)
This sounds like an excuse to deny people based on authenticity of their documents. These people ain't loyal
Chai Chai, there is Goduu ooo! Don't go there please...what's the difference between this approach and online application? As long as they don't lay hands on original documents submitted via online route then your thought ain't loyal wink. They have solid ways of document verification.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 07, 2015
Wow! Part 8!!!. This thread played a huge part in visa application. i didn't pay a dime to any agent throughout the process of travelling to canada, this thread led me all the way to Canada. If anyone here is resuming in September at Fanshawe college or Western University,please mail me, I could help settling in. Its kind of my way of giving back to this thread.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 7:25am On Aug 07, 2015
Congrats on your admission to the diploma program (post-graduate abi?). Yes it is possible to go with your two kids, but imho I think it will be difficult to convince the VO though not impossible by any stretch. @Team12 is a testament that you can get your TRV even if you apply with your child -- I bet she has tips that can help in preparing your application.

Here are my thoughts:
If I were the VO, it would be difficult (but not impossible) for you to convince me that your primary intent is not to immigrate with your kids. Let's think about the following concerns that this "pretend VO" (me) has:
1. If her primarily motivation is to study (not immigrate permanently), why is she going with both of her kids? Couldn't she leave one or both with her husband and family in Nigeria? I hope you will sufficiently address this in your SOP.

2. How will she be able to focus on her studies with two kids given that she has no close family member or husband with her to help? One way you could convince me (as "pretend VO" ) about this question is if in your SOP you discuss your precise plans of addressing this. Example plans are research you've done into finding a babysitter in Canada, how much you will pay for that per month, what your contingency plans will be, etc. Also, I would need to see that you have a very healthy bank account before I become convinced that you could pull this off.

3. Leaving with both kids significantly weakens her ties to Nigeria, how am I convinced that she won't go to Canada and then refuse to come back to be with her husband in Nigeria? Pardon my raw wording, but yeah you can allay this concern by deftly emphasizing the strength and importance of your relationship with your husband in your SOP. You will also need to get a consent letter from him stating why he supports/advocates you taking both kids (instead of a consent letter, he could just include these in his notarized sponsorship letter/affidavit). These have to be strong reasons o.

The long and short of all this is that you should think about all the possible objections that the VO could have and then pre-emptively and convincingly address them all.

If I were you, I would either apply with only one kid or apply alone and then once I get my TRV I would apply for them all to join me! grin
I think you can pull it off if you do a good job addressing the concerns I just raised and any other ones that occur to you. @Team12, thoughts?

pattyreal:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ElCapt: 7:34am On Aug 07, 2015
thesoj:
About the airport pickups: out of curiosity, of what nature is the nonprofit that does the pickups? Is it a religious organization or church? Please tell the house what sort of nonprofit it is. There shouldn't be an issue with putting it on here publicly. A couple pages back a gentleman who schools at Waterloo posted that a Redeemed Church he knows does pickups from the Toronto Airport.

I'm not asking to be a pain but I think it would be good to know what sort of organization it is. Also, my sister will be going to Carleton in January if she gets her visa. Thanks.

Hey theSoj

Thanks for the question.

The NGO is affiliated with one of the RCCG parishes here in Ottawa as well.

You can check them out on facebook HERE

I wasn't quite sure what the limits are for posting stuffs like that. But I'll gladly provide more info upon request.

Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 7:46am On Aug 07, 2015
Well, you would agree that that is one of the demerits of online route. As convenient as it is for genuine applicants, people who feel the need to forge documents believe it's safer going through online route because paper route is likely to fvck them up so easily. Now if they decide to take only photocopies for paper route, the confidence and pride that genuine paper routers take in submitting obviously authentic documents will be gone.
We all know that Nigerians will take full advantage of this photocopy thing and go aforging and they know this too. I believe it will make them way stricter than they already are. And given the fact that they are denying people for no reason, this is a more "reasonable reason" to deny more people. They can just say that they're not sure of the authenticity of the document or that they have not been able to verify it (even if this is a lie) and there's really nothing anyone will be able to do about it.
But then the God factor is there so, it's all good.
This is not to discourage anyone applying after the 15th but to appeal to anyone who plans to forge documents not to spoil things for other applicants because CIC will catch you angry
Joe980:
Chai Chai, there is Goduu ooo! Don't go there please...what's the difference between this approach and online application? As long as they don't lay hands on original documents submitted via online route then your thought ain't loyal wink. They have solid ways of document verification.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 7:56am On Aug 07, 2015
@ElCapt, thanks for the response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by wayaa007(m): 8:08am On Aug 07, 2015
Omonjoe:
If you are in Lagos, go to Lagos high court Ikeja, or federal high court ikoyi (water fronts), please I will advice you that of its for embassy purposes, use the federal high court, although its more expensive, but the embassy holds it in high regard. When doing all this, always insist on collecting your receipt, and attach the receipt to the notarized document , this helps the embassy to easily verify should they want to verify the authenticity of the document. The price varies based on negotiation. But the amount written on the receipt is usually far less than the amount collected from you, in fact it might be 10times lesser. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 8:13am On Aug 07, 2015
Hello everyone,

I've been compiling these for a while, so I thought to share.

Another list of TRV chopping docs , as listed by the applicants.

I'm sorry if I'm gne sound mean, rude,proud, selfish or whatever, but I won't be able to reply pms as I am trying to prepare to reapply and I need to concentrate n take my time so as to get it right. So if you've sent me pms n I've not replied, I hope u do understand that I'm extremely busy.

Ps.
People that promised to read my sop, I'm coming for you soonish.
I've not started writing it tho, but as soon as I do, I'll hit u up.

Thanks.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 8:21am On Aug 07, 2015
tnuola:
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if I'm gne sound mean, rude,proud, selfish or whatever, but I won't be able to reply pms as I am trying to prepare to reapply and I need to concentrate n take my time so as to get it right. So if you've sent me pms n I've not replied, I hope u do understand that I'm extremely busy.

Ps.

Thanks.

Am gonna miss you dear!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ElCapt: 8:22am On Aug 07, 2015
tnuola:
Hello everyone,

Ps.

Thanks.

This is so nice of you to do this. I celebrate you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:32am On Aug 07, 2015
@thomby2k12 what's the news bro..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 8:33am On Aug 07, 2015
handyteddy:

Am gonna miss you dear!

I'm still here smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:36am On Aug 07, 2015
Aww, you just made things a whole lot easier for prospective applicants!
God bless you, I wish you success in your application
tnuola:

I'm still here smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 8:36am On Aug 07, 2015
[b] LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL -SEPT 2015)

1. samade001: May 21, ottawa, masters, paper
2. Kenenbcc: May 21, NBCC, PGD, paper
3. kfrosh: May22, fanshawe, PGD, Online
4. Tyrannasty: May22 U of T UG, paper TRV
5 Gu2015: May 24 Upfront medicals.Uni of Sask,Mph,Online TRV
6. DMX0606 : May 25, MN, paper, UG MEDICALS
7. easyxtan: Jun 1, Vancouver Island Uni MBA Online MEDICALS
8. pcachuks fam2: Jun1, Conestoga PDG online
9. midnightinParis: jun 4, U of M, MSC Online MEDICALS
10. David2: jun 4, Conestoga, PDG paper
11. fraque192: jun 4, Selkirk , Diploma Paper
12.. Ahyotomiwa: Jun 5, U of R, M.A.SC Paper MEDICALS
13. Richcasey: Jun 5, Conestoga PDG Online
14 Justicia: Jun 7, York Uni Msc (LL.M) Online MEDICALS
15. JohnsonIyere: Jun 8, Lambton, PDG Paper
16. Jessicajessa: Jun8, Seneca, PDG Online TRV
17. bosypumpin: Jun 12, U of M (LL.M) ; Online
18. Adeomopo: Jun 12, Paper MEDICALS
19. AriseOcompatrot: Jun 13, U of V, PG, Online MEDICALS
20. Opessy: jun 15, Dalhouse M.eng online MEDICALS
21. 7teen: jun 15 U of R, M.ASC online
22. Cherokee: june 16, MSC, online MEDICALS
23 Thomby2k12: Jun 19, Brandon Uni M.ED Paper MEDICALS
24. Santohfilz: june 25th, UG, paper MEDICALS
25. TempusQ: June 26, Humber, PGC, Paper(Upfront Medicals),
26 Mykel12: june 30, MUN, MSC, Online
27. Ayooluwatoni: june 30, MUN, MSC, Paper. MEDICALS
28. Vinegar: July 3rd (upfront medicals) PGD,MUN, Paper
29 dedicateDD: July8, Upfront Medicals, Online
30. Graviton2: July8, (Upfront Medicals), Upei, UG Paper
31. gabrola: july 27, MUN MA, online

If you have admission and have applied for TRV Please provide the following information :
**Submission date
**Institution
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper **level of study.
BEST WISHES

I've not Updated this in a while please do let me know if there are errors[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 8:39am On Aug 07, 2015
TheBae:
Aww, you just made things a whole lot easier for prospective applicants!
God bless you, I wish you success in your application

Thanks. Amen.. U too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:40am On Aug 07, 2015
Lol I'm not a TRV hopeful ma'am but I claim the prayer on behalf of my friends. Amen
tnuola:

Thanks. Amen.. U too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 8:52am On Aug 07, 2015
TheBae:
Lol I'm not a TRV hopeful ma'am but I claim the prayer on behalf of my friends. Amen

I know ure not a TRV hopeful, I've been here long enough to know that.

I meant it for the God bless you part

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:00am On Aug 07, 2015
No contest ma'am, have a great day and a smooth application.
tnuola:

I know ure not a TRV hopeful, I've been here long enough to know that.

I meant it for the God bless you part
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pattyreal(f): 9:04am On Aug 07, 2015
thesoj:
Congrats on your admission to the diploma program (post-graduate abi?). Yes it is possible to go with your two kids, but imho I think it will be difficult to convince the VO though not impossible by any stretch. @Team12 is a testament that you can get your TRV even if you apply with your child -- I bet she has tips that can help in preparing your application.

Here are my thoughts:
If I were the VO, it would be difficult (but not impossible) for you to convince me that your primary intent is not to immigrate with your kids. Let's think about the following concerns that this "pretend VO" (me) has:
1. If her primarily motivation is to study (not immigrate permanently), why is she going with both of her kids? Couldn't she leave one or both with her husband and family in Nigeria? I hope you will sufficiently address this in your SOP.

2. How will she be able to focus on her studies with two kids given that she has no close family member or husband with her to help? One way you could convince me (as "pretend VO" ) about this question is if in your SOP you discuss your precise plans of addressing this. Example plans are research you've done into finding a babysitter in Canada, how much you will pay for that per month, what your contingency plans will be, etc. Also, I would need to see that you have a very healthy bank account before I become convinced that you could pull this off.

3. Leaving with both kids significantly weakens her ties to Nigeria, how am I convinced that she won't go to Canada and then refuse to come back to be with her husband in Nigeria? Pardon my raw wording, but yeah you can allay this concern by deftly emphasizing the strength and importance of your relationship with your husband in your SOP. You will also need to get a consent letter from him stating why he supports/advocates you taking both kids (instead of a consent letter, he could just include these in his notarized sponsorship letter/affidavit). These have to be strong reasons o.

The long and short of all this is that you should think about all the possible objections that the VO could have and then pre-emptively and convincingly address them all.

If I were you, I would either apply with only one kid or apply alone and then once I get my TRV I would apply for them all to join me! grin
I think you can pull it off if you do a good job addressing the concerns I just raised and any other ones that occur to you. @Team12, thoughts?

Thanks 4 ur honest reply. D tin here is dat I hv plans 2 tk ma mom wit mi 2 assist wit d kids while @ skool 4 d period i'll b in skool. Wn't b comfortable leavn ma kids in naija. Really @ a cross road. Though d kids r US citizens. Dn't knw if dis will suffice & Yes i'm goin 4 masters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.