Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1078065 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 7:03am On Aug 08, 2015
kennykentipsy:
I have a few questions for folks in Canada concerning accommodation

what does first and last month rent mean??

if a room is on 8 month's lease does it mean I have to pay for the 8months outright? and what ar the implications of lease.

I wanna understand this first before paying. thank you

First and last month rent is a way of keeping u committed to d lease agreement, that is, u r assuring the landlord that u'll b der for d next 8 months.. However, if per adventure u leave d place before the date agreed upon, without proper dialogue/negotiation with ur landlord, d 'last month' rent may be withheld by d landlord.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 7:09am On Aug 08, 2015
It is against the rules. I'm not saying they can't take it but what if CBSA decides to bother them, they have to be prepared to have it all thrown in the trash or even get fined depending on how much contraband food that they have in the luggage. Not everyone's luggage is checked thoroughly by the customs, it's a random selection. Some are lucky to escape with it, some aren't. Even people here said all their Gala was thrown in the trash. Some people even get to smuggle milk in. The rules are the rules, you and your PR friend may not be so lucky next time. Or if you need more proof, you can declare your gala on your next trip and watch them throw it in the trash smiley.
I rest my case
IyaEjima:

Well, I didn't have to hide it. So it's not like I smuggled it in.. Besides I've a friend who's a PR holder and whenever she goes to naija she buys cartons of gala & loads them in a bag for her kids and CBSA has never questioned her for a day.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 7:43am On Aug 08, 2015
TheBae:
It is against the rules. I'm not saying they can't take it but what if CBSA decides to bother them, they have to be prepared to have it all thrown in the trash or even get fined depending on how much contraband food that they have in the luggage. Not everyone's luggage is checked thoroughly by the customs, it's a random selection. Some are lucky to escape with it, some aren't. Even people here said all their Gala was thrown in the trash. Some people even get to smuggle milk in. The rules are the rules, you and your PR friend may not be so lucky next time. Or if you need more proof, you can declare your gala on your next trip and watch them throw it in the trash smiley.
I rest my case

I've not heard/read of anyone's gala being trashed on here sha, just amefrica's n that's cuz it was expired.

Even if they're against beef/pork, isn't gala like processed and packaged already?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tonero230(m): 7:49am On Aug 08, 2015
TheBae:
I rest my case

Are there no milk and gala in canada or what?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toluine56(m): 7:57am On Aug 08, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
I hope it's not so sha....
Maybe it's just stilll underground and it hasn't seen the light of day..
I hope so too..
That's why i/we should apply nd get trv fast.
New rules are bound to be introduced at the start of each year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 7:57am On Aug 08, 2015
Read the last 2 pages. @thesoj and @fhemmmy's posts. It contains processed meat and it is not allowed. America and Canada share custom/border rules. Some people break the rules and get away with it. Others aren't so lucky. It's not rocket science, just Google it.
lipsrsealed
tnuola:

I've not heard/read of anyone's gala being trashed on here sha, just amefrica's n that's cuz it was expired.

Even if they're against beef/pork, isn't gala like processed and packaged already?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nyquist(m): 7:58am On Aug 08, 2015
Hello house,
For Online route, am I to fill the imm5832E form in addition to the imm1294E, imm5645E forms? Am I to leave the signature space blank and jst type the date? Thanks for your anticipated replies.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toluine56(m): 8:03am On Aug 08, 2015
AkSquared:
Pls does canada organize any yearly visa lottery for Nigerians?
No, No, No, they don't
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 8:08am On Aug 08, 2015
deedee0 hw did u fill ur medical exam request form
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AkSquared(m): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2015
toluine56:

No, No, No, they don't
thanks much..i can go ahead with my student visa den.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 8:52am On Aug 08, 2015
TheBae:
I rest my case
Calm down! No one is fighting with u.lol.. This ain't no law court.. After all u've said, d final decision lies in the hands of the traveller.

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 8:54am On Aug 08, 2015
tnuola:

#ITayaForDisGalaMatter

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 9:00am On Aug 08, 2015
IyaEjima:

#ITayaForDisGalaMatter
my dear,as our faces differ so our challenges differ.am here having stress over excess luggage,pple re a arguing about gala grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 9:03am On Aug 08, 2015
Gu2015:
my dear,as our faces differ so our challenges differ.am here having stress over excess luggage,pple re a arguing about gala grin
grin. How many luggages do u have already??lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 9:05am On Aug 08, 2015
IyaEjima:

#ITayaForDisGalaMatter

Lmao.. The thing is funny self. Too much seriousness ontop the matter, when I'm still trying to decide which doc to add/subtract to/from my app.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:09am On Aug 08, 2015
Of course it's their decision but they shouldn't be misled into thinking what is not, you saying it is allowed is wrong. Period
IyaEjima:

Calm down! No one is fighting with u.lol.. This ain't no law court.. After all u've said, d final decision lies in the hands of the traveller.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 9:11am On Aug 08, 2015
IyaEjima:

#ITayaForDisGalaMatter

Replied your PM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by olageeee(m): 9:17am On Aug 08, 2015
GM PPLE,

My application still shows its been processed @vfs office lagos....I want to ask when is the average time range to get a message that its been dispatched to Accra or one doesnot get such?

Am not too clear on this has my resumption date bothers me...I just wanna know the stages nd time frame..pls enlighten a broda...thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 9:18am On Aug 08, 2015
tnuola:

Lmao.. The thing is funny self. Too much seriousness ontop the matter, when I'm still trying to decide which doc to add/subtract to/from my app.
It's really funny cuz some times this border hype isn't so strict like it sounds.. My CBSA officer's first words to me was 'Hello Brown Sugar, welcome to Canada'.. That moment I just said to myself 'Ppl can hype shaaa' and loosened up.. smiled all tru with her when she checked up my profile, even asked for proof of tuition payment and I told her I left it in one of my bags... It is well shaa! Wishing u loads of grace dear in ur app.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 9:32am On Aug 08, 2015
Gala is now more popular than TRV..Haba been reading over 6 pages on gala. There are more controversial stuffs like quota to talk about.....

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 9:36am On Aug 08, 2015
Reallly...I dnt know if I will miss gala sha...

Just saying...

There are other things I might miss..

Nice gbegiri and ewedu with ogunfe!....definitely with soft amala!
DAMN!
berexio1:
Gala is now more popular than TRV..Haba been reading over 6 pages on gala. There are more controversial stuffs like quota to talk about.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:40am On Aug 08, 2015
Lol you can make it na, can't you? Recipes are online. You'll just spend more money buying the foodstuff.
Ask @jengbetiele, he has "cooking skills" cheesy
hayqinsbFX:
Reallly...I dnt know if I will miss gala sha...

Just saying...

There are other things I might miss..

Nice gbegiri and ewedu with ogunfe!....definitely with soft amala!
DAMN!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jagaban17: 9:40am On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 9:43am On Aug 08, 2015
Well, if TRV lands now...I hoep I have time to start learning all those...

It can't be like original mehn!...
What about ogunfe...shey e dey?
TheBae:
Lol you can make it na, can't you? Recipes are online. You'll just spend more money buying the foodstuff.
Ask @jengbetiele, he has "cooking skills" cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:48am On Aug 08, 2015
If there's House of Halal or other African stores in the province you're going to, they'll have goat and cow meat.
hayqinsbFX:
Well, if TRV lands now...I hoep I have time to start learning all those...

It can't be like original mehn!...
What about ogunfe...shey e dey?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 9:53am On Aug 08, 2015
Gu2015:
Ugochi...lemme help u park jare...**folds sleeve***

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 10:01am On Aug 08, 2015
Let's not argue pls... Most of us also passed through the torturous wait, and different discussions come up on the thread. There's more than enough info available, and questions (new/repeated) are also being attended to.
Oya TRV discourse..
Berexio1..Quota talk will take all the pages cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 10:08am On Aug 08, 2015
Graviton2:

Replied your PM
I think u quoted d wrong person Sir.. Didnt PM u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 10:19am On Aug 08, 2015
IyaEjima:

It's really funny cuz some times this border hype isn't so strict like it sounds.. My CBSA officer's first words to me was 'Hello Brown Sugar, welcome to Canada'.. That moment I just said to myself 'Ppl can hype shaaa' and loosened up.. smiled all tru with her when she checked up my profile, even asked for proof of tuition payment and I told her I left it in one of my bags... It is well shaa! Wishing u loads of grace dear in ur app.

That's quite cooool....

Thanks a lot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyawoToBe(f): 10:26am On Aug 08, 2015
Fhemmmy:

[color=#000099 I think before leaving Nigeria, people should look at where they could easily get VISA first and once in Canada, you can start worrying about PR...I do agree with you on that other provinces might be a lot easier because they need people so they will do more to accommodate and lure people to their province.[/b][/color]
Pls expantiate on the bolded abeg. Are there provinces that VOs favour more when approving visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.