Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1077867 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
You were not caught doesn't mean it's allowed
IyaEjima:

Gala is allowed.. I brought in loads!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 10:35pm On Aug 07, 2015
I have a few questions for folks in Canada concerning accommodation

what does first and last month rent mean??

if a room is on 8 month's lease does it mean I have to pay for the 8months outright? and what ar the implications of lease.

I wanna understand this first before paying. thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by myb012: 10:37pm On Aug 07, 2015
Padike:
They didn't waste my time at the airport, they asked for my letter of introduction I told them i was not given and they said okay. So about those worrying about it, it's not compulsory

Where u asked for fees payment?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 10:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
tnx
TheBae:
I didn't submit any business/employment document for my co-sponsor. But you can add receipts of major sales and all just to be on a safe side
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 10:50pm On Aug 07, 2015
Help arrange these docs in d right order they shld appear in d "proof of finance" file;
Sponsor's SOA, Sponsor's CAC doc, letter frm sponsor's bank stating he is d sole signatory to d acount, sponsorship letter, Cosponsor's SOA, Cosponsorship letter, a blank copy of cosponsor's sales invoice, my SOA, my pension SOA, letter of intro frm coperative stating my total savings, payslips, employment leta, confirmation leta, advancement leta, redeployment leta, intro leta frm ofix, study leave leta.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
Let me just drop this here
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/information-for-consumers/travellers/what-can-i-bring-into-canada-/eng/1389648337546/1389648516990#a2 You travel with contraband items at your own risk. People may have successfully smuggled milk or gala or even suya in but that doesn't mean you'll be that lucky too. People may end up paying up to $10,000 in fines and penalties (I don't mean to scare you, watch BorderForce if you doubt) and they'll still throw it all in the garbage or if you're lucky enough, you may not get fined. Please make Border Force and Google your friends so you can keep yourself abreast of the rules and regulations.
There are things we can get away with like not declaring all foods even though we're supposed to but to avoid unnecessary wahala and delay at the point of entry, try not to carry any meat or milk or if you must, conceal them properly and be ready for the worst. They're not too harsh on first-time offenders though but please do not break the rules, it's not worth it.
If you have to fry meat to eat on the plane, finish it or trash it before you get off the plane.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 11:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
TheBae:
Let me just drop this here
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/information-for-consumers/travellers/what-can-i-bring-into-canada-/eng/1389648337546/1389648516990#a2 You travel with contraband items at your own risk. People may have successfully smuggled milk or gala or even suya in but that doesn't mean you'll be that lucky too. People may end up paying up to $10,000 in fines and penalties (I don't mean to scare you, watch BorderForce if you doubt) and they'll still throw it all in the garbage or if you're lucky enough, you may not get fined. Please make Border Force and Google your friends so you can keep yourself abreast of the rules and regulations.
There are things we can get away with like not declaring all foods even though we're supposed to but to avoid unnecessary wahala and delay at the point of entry, try not to carry any meat or milk or if you must, conceal them properly and be ready for the worst. They're not too harsh on first-time offenders though but please do not break the rules, it's not worth it.
If you have to fry meat to eat on the plane, finish it or thrash it before you get off the plane.
Cheers

mehn am not risking it... but I can pack noddles
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Padike: 11:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
BaaleofMontreal:

Welcome

Thanks! what uni are you and what course
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 11:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
Yes, you can
kennykentipsy:

mehn am not risking it... but I can pack noddles
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by launrey(m): 11:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
A friend of mine just pinged me from canada saying that no more work permit For international student issued Visa from June2015....
She was sounding serious asi was trying to debunk her fallacy.
She cllaimed to have gone to social insurance office in canada, she claimed to be present at an orientation program in her school where it was mentioned....

Wanna know if anyone has heard of that lately..
NOT TRUE!! Got my SIN only this June. Common so many people just say things these days.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by launrey(m): 11:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
A friend of mine just pinged me from canada saying that no more work permit For international student issued Visa from June2015....
She was sounding serious asi was trying to debunk her fallacy.
She cllaimed to have gone to social insurance office in canada, she claimed to be present at an orientation program in her school where it was mentioned....

Wanna know if anyone has heard of that lately..
NOT TRUE!! Got my SIN only this June. Common so many people just say things these days. How are you btw bro?'

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by launrey(m): 11:51pm On Aug 07, 2015
xladym:

Depends on the region.... its 15% in Quebec
13 percent in Ontario
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 12:03am On Aug 08, 2015
BeulahHephziba:
hehe! God ruined your post for me. Lmao
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by olamitunposi: 12:13am On Aug 08, 2015
Vancouver Island University..PGD Business Management Jan 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeraSera(m): 12:13am On Aug 08, 2015
kennykentipsy:
I have a few questions for folks in Canada concerning accommodation

what does first and last month rent mean??

if a room is on 8 month's lease does it mean I have to pay for the 8months outright? and what ar the implications of lease.

I wanna understand this first before paying. thank you

Means that if you're on an 8 month lease for example, your first and last month's rent would be payment for the 1st and 8th month. You pay subsequent month's rent at the beginning of the month. You do not have to pay all at once. A lease means you're legally agreeing to rent the place for the duration of the lease. If you decide to leave before the expiration of the lease, you'll be legally obligated to fuffill the terms of the lease anyway, such as paying off the remaining month's rent.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 12:37am On Aug 08, 2015
the online routers, how do u fill ur medical exam request form as it can't b filled on system....do u print, fill and rescan?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 12:41am On Aug 08, 2015
my cic forms are showing Javascript need to be enabled to validate the form properly...I have enabled my Javascript and the message is still showing....what should I do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by BaaleofMontreal: 12:46am On Aug 08, 2015
Padike:

Thanks! what uni are you and what course

Concordia, civil engineering
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 2:29am On Aug 08, 2015
Fhemmmy:

I am the only one certified to ask for Gala on this thread oh . . . . take ya time abeg
Lool not trying to spoil business for chrisviral...but Gala is nonsense now o, they just package rubbish! Not worth it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 2:38am On Aug 08, 2015
TheBae:
Lmao! Smh. But Gala is now crap though. You guys should try SuperBite, awesomeness. No advert intended oh
Even Superbite is nonsense ..started well but the quality is crap now. Lool I'm angry! Gone are d days u could actually bring out the whole meaty strand outta d dough, now it's just flour and tiny meat, hard like rock..All the brands
Madam what if the indomie has Chicken written on the nylon (chckn/onion chickn flavour), are u sure it doesn't matter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Fhemmmy: 3:49am On Aug 08, 2015
deedee0:

Lool not trying to spoil business for chrisviral...but Gala is nonsense now o, they just package rubbish! Not worth it

My brother if you haven't had gala in 11 years, you would gladly eat the packaged nonsense... so please I can't wait to eat the packaged rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 3:57am On Aug 08, 2015
standupguy:

Richcasey how far any news?

i never hear anything too bro, i think i will mail my school this weekend about the school fees payment deadline... august 15

hayqinsbFX:
On a second thought,
I think guys that have had their app passed 8th week mark should all send a mail to accra.immigration or put in a case inquiry...
richcasey, et al..
ITs getting uneasy...
thanks but no thanks. . . i get patience. . . i go wait grin grin grin lol. . . how far with yours too though... shebi na paper route na
thesoj:

this pdf file
@richcasey, please could you add this pdf link to your list? it would be helpful to all prospective PGD applicants moving forward.

sure bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 4:09am On Aug 08, 2015
[size=14pt]***IMPORTANT LINKS***
[/size]

CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF ALL POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES thanks thesoj

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPE

FIND OUT WHERE STUDY PERMITS ARE PROCESSED FOR NIGERIANS

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE MEDICAL FORM IMM5753E

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS
COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS Thanks tnuola

HOW TO SHRINK YOU FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO PAY YOUR FEES IN CANADA FROM NIGERIA 1

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

HOW MANY YEARS WORK PERMIT IF I STUDY FOR 1 OR 2 YEARS, CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT IF CIC CALLS THE BANK TO VERIFY A STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 1
@ morgan2006 CHECK THIS 3

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 2

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 3

FOR HOTEL RESERVATIONS WITH & WITHOUT CREDIT CARD PAYMENT

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN 8 WEEKS, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA thanks thesoj for reminding me of this link

***UPDATED***

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kentenniel8(m): 4:14am On Aug 08, 2015
Hello folks....pls am new in da huse. I hv admission fr jan centenniel college. Bt d letter is nt detailed. No acct details 2 deposit part of tuition & is disturbing cos I used an agent. Pls any1 wit same problem?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 4:21am On Aug 08, 2015
Well, you got your visa since march so u cud be exempted...
The lady said it's for visa issued after June 2015.

launrey:
NOT TRUE!! Got my SIN only this June. Common so many people just say things these days. How are you btw bro?'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 4:23am On Aug 08, 2015
Not PGWP I mean working whille studying...

Ur visa was issued to u since january so u haven't debunked the rumour yet..
Bobola86:

By work permit, are you referring to PGWP? If you are talking about the normal student work permit, it's not true. Got mine at point of entry and just got my SIN number at the social insurance office 2 days ago.
EDIT: sorry I got my trv since February tho.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 4:25am On Aug 08, 2015
I hope it's not so sha....
Maybe it's just stilll underground and it hasn't seen the light of day..
toluine56:

See my post above.
My aunt just came bck home frm dere nd was gisting me stuffs like that.
I refused to believe nd had to surf the web.
Nd again, i neva saw anything like that here on this thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Padike: 4:41am On Aug 08, 2015
BaaleofMontreal:

Concordia, civil engineering

Oh nice, masters or UG?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 6:49am On Aug 08, 2015
Lol I feel your pain. Noodles is allowed. I'm positive
deedee0:

Even Superbite is nonsense ..started well but the quality is crap now. Lool I'm angry! Gone are d days u could actually bring out the whole meaty strand outta d dough, now it's just flour and tiny meat, hard like rock..All the brands
Madam what if the indomie has Chicken written on the nylon (chckn/onion chickn flavour), are u sure it doesn't matter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AkSquared(m): 6:49am On Aug 08, 2015
Pls does canada organize any yearly visa lottery for Nigerians?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 08, 2015
I think it should be printed and rescaned. Please did scan your documents as colouredl/ black and white / grey scale?
Omonjoe:
the online routers, how do u fill ur medical exam request form as it can't b filled on system....do u print, fill and rescan?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 6:55am On Aug 08, 2015
TheBae:
You were not caught doesn't mean it's allowed
Well, I didn't have to hide it. So it's not like I smuggled it in.. Besides I've a friend who's a PR and whenever she goes to naija she buys cartons of gala & loads them in a bag for her kids and CBSA has never questioned her for a day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.