Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,757 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1074189 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sholay2011(m): 6:29am On Aug 21, 2015
thesoj:
Thank you. See the attached image for how to create a hyperlink in the Nairaland text editor.
Also, I am quite ok at using different tricks to use google to find most things, even content on Nairaland.

Also, it is easier to use Google to find something that I've once read on this thread so long as I remember a key phrase from the post. In addition, I also have a document where I save links from this thread that I consider to contain extremely high value information.

Now I get it. Thanks bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by iykedare(m): 6:31am On Aug 21, 2015
SeraSera:

I like your determination. This is definitely not over. You may want to consider University of Victoria and University of Ottawa for Masters' admission. They have been known to accept candidates with 2.2 for graduate studies.

Can these schools take a person with HND + pgd 3.06/5.0 ? Do they require ielts?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 6:33am On Aug 21, 2015
[quote author=kennykentipsy post=37120337]

Thanks for the info....
Good to know you are fine.....
Getting set to refire.....hopefully end of sept.
Pray for us
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 6:38am On Aug 21, 2015
@Onyeoma3 Thanks man. Very valuable.
@sholay2011 You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeraSera(m): 7:03am On Aug 21, 2015
iykedare:

Can these schools take a person with HND + pgd 3.06/5.0 ? Do they require ielts?

I don't know what further requirements they may have. But nothing wrong with trying though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gamboh55(m): 7:14am On Aug 21, 2015
Onyeoma3:

Don't be paranoid bro... Once you have your TRV on your kpali, get a new offer letter for January start date and take your time to prepare if you can't meet up for September... This is advisable mostly if you're coming for a 2 year program sha. I won't advise it for a 1-year program. All the best...
Thanks a lot, it's a 2year Meng course

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Bahaushiya: 7:18am On Aug 21, 2015
Bahaushiya:
Good evening house.
Please I need urgent advice and help.
My husband and I are planning to apply for express entry. We have a daughter.
There's an expert willing to help with the process but the risk is really high, and I was wondering if I could be advised on the success rate if we do it ourselves with someone here as a guide. I have a friend who relocated to Australia recently and they got all the processes and advise frnthis section.
Please I'll supply details, just ask what you need. Thanks in advance.

Good morning house. Please doesn't anyone have an idea on what I asked? I'd appreciate a response please. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 7:31am On Aug 21, 2015
mcqueen1:
So I have been looking forward to posting here but I needed the right time. I think now is....

I stumbled on this trend some weeks after i applied for trv on July 12 (paper route), didn't get an update all along until I (as usual) tracked my application just now and realised my passport was dispached yesterday (19th) without a medical call.

I am going for a 1yr PGD in International Business at Red River College. I was to resume in August but had to defer(one time) till January cos CIC was delaying and the college needed me to confirm my visa status 1 month before resumption.

Here I am with mixed feelings but am ready to refire. Will list my documents and reasons for denial once I get my documents next week...

Thanks.

At last! Found a course mate and school mate.
Was delayed too....
Deferred too......
It will end in praise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by davidgreener: 7:36am On Aug 21, 2015
@ayooluwatoni, Now I understand, thanks a lot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 7:38am On Aug 21, 2015
deedee0:
2grozz Hw far? Do u have your GCMS now?

Awww awww!
Now I want to cry....
Not yet.....soon tho
Thanks for the concern! Will definitely state as soon as I do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sholay2011(m): 8:00am On Aug 21, 2015
Pls, any male going to Manitoba this fall here?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 8:03am On Aug 21, 2015
Your question is ambiguous and that could be why no one has answered. It is unclear if you need help with Australia or Canada. In any case, if you are interested in Express Entry to Canada, there is a different helpful thread for that. People on this hyperlinked thread would be in the best position to help. smiley

Bahaushiya:
Good morning house. Please doesn't anyone have an idea on what I asked? I'd appreciate a response please. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 8:28am On Aug 21, 2015
2grozz:

Awww awww!
Now I want to cry....
Not yet.....soon tho
Thanks for the concern! Will definitely state as soon as I do.

Was just about to ask of you.

@TheSoj @Graviton2, I submitted a 4 months SOA and an FD certificate that I had just fixed the day before I applied although i fixed it in my name so that might have helped. I also stated 52k as funds available although my tuition +room and board + other was about 40k. There was also no outflow in the account, only inflow and that got me worried. I just want to say that no two VOs are the same. That you did a particular thing and got refused doesn't mean that someone else under a different VOs scrutiny will do the same and get refused. That's why some people's first denial may have only purpose of visit and travel history and a second application will have insufficient funds ticked. Different VOs and their viewpoints.

@Eeti If that screenshot you posted was what you filled then you probably got a lenient VO who felt you meant 42k and not 12k so he/she overlooked it. It doesn't guarantee that if someone else tries it, the person won't get refused.

@Graviton2 I feel that the VO wanted more proof of funds or an updated SOA that's why you were asked to submit additional documents at first but on a closer look at your start date and the fact that you may be unable to provide what he needs before your start date bearing in mind you are a paper applicant (it would have been quicker if you were to just upload it on your mycic account) he just felt you stand a better chance deferring your admission and refiring. My 2cents

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dahjor(m): 8:50am On Aug 21, 2015
dahjor:
Hello house,
I just want to ask if any school offers a pre-masters program in Canada?
Better still, what steps can someone with a 3rd class take towards achieving a masters degree.

Thanks
Please I need a response to my questions. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Jhennyaiko: 9:07am On Aug 21, 2015
Please ça someone help out here?

Jhennyaiko:
Will going to the vfs assist me in anyway to solve this issue?
I need to get a medical form for my medical examination. Didnt get any sent to me when the medical request was sent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:07am On Aug 21, 2015
Thanks Soji, you've been superhelpful too. I hope you won't leave after your brother joins you in your FiveEye package
thesoj:
@Graviton2, just sent you a mail. Btw, you don't need a Letter of Clarification if your SOP covers whatever you want to convince the officer about. It's all up to you. For my sister, we used a separate Letter of Clarification because I wanted to write a different letter to address the "insufficient funds" issue.
@TheBae, you are one super helpful person... I like smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:08am On Aug 21, 2015
Someone already told you to check @richcasey's posts and download the form and fill it yourself
Jhennyaiko:
Please ça someone help out here?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 9:20am On Aug 21, 2015
montrealer:
You've a very good CGPA. You might be eligible for funding. Don't limit yourself to just applying to schools with low tuition.
You're very correct!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 9:55am On Aug 21, 2015
It takes about ten(10) working days after ur application fee payment and submission of supporting documents for a decision to b made on ur application.. d process is straight forwar.let me know if u ve issues. Best of Luck! [quote author=TemmieDeal post=37173092][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 10:12am On Aug 21, 2015
Goodmorning. Pls who got dispatch msg on 19/08/2015 after medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 10:13am On Aug 21, 2015
Goodmorning. Pls who got dispatch msg on 19/08/2015 after medicals exam.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mcqueen1: 10:39am On Aug 21, 2015
[quote author=2grozz post=37176410]

Great...will talk some more when I get my package next week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by nam16: 11:12am On Aug 21, 2015
hi wale, your msg made me to register on nairaland. my sister is in same shoe....how can i reach you personally...
waleakins:
Goodmorning. Pls who got dispatch msg on 19/08/2015 after medicals exam.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SantohFilz(m): 11:25am On Aug 21, 2015
@graviton forget about their delay, its not yours. For the section of funds available for stay i quoted 40,000, i explained like this: Tuition 14,000 (gave it a rounded figure instead of the 13,681 in the LOA). Room and Board 8,861 (as in the LOA) and Others 10,000. I feel you should up you Dad's SOA tho, my sponsor's SOA had almost 14 million in her a/c.

See you in PEI soon bruh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 11:33am On Aug 21, 2015
nam16:
hi wale, your msg made me to register on nairaland. my sister is in same shoe....how can i reach you personally...
i sent you a PM. Check your email
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lakusi(m): 11:34am On Aug 21, 2015
thesoj:

Hello thesoj,

Pls I sent you a PM and your swift response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by zizicomputer: 11:51am On Aug 21, 2015
i am new here but i have gone back 10 threads to get more info.

anyone has anything that can help?

i want to go do a 2years masters
1 have a daughther and would like to go with her if possible.
Reason, is my mums late and all my siblings are single. none is a parent yet. and i thinks coping with a child with b a burden on a single/unmarried person

does anyone know anyone who has succeeded this way before?

i am a single mother. I have a court judgement nullifying marriage and granting me childs custody.

appreciate any help please. by the way my girl was three years old in may.

thanks house.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
Graviton2:
After much much - TRV application denied!

Application submitted - 8th of July, 2015 (Upfront medicals)
Biometrics - 8th of July, 2015
Request for additional documents - 5th of August, 2015
Documents dispatched - 5th of August, 2015

Documents submitted -

CIC application forms - TRV application form, Family info form, Study permit questionnaire, Document checklist)
- Proof of upfront medicals
- Bank statement from my sponsor, my father N5M (Duration: 18th March, 2015 to 18th June, 2015)
- Another Bank statement from my Father N2.2M (Duration: 30th June, 2015 to 01 April, 2015)
- Bank statement from Co-sponsor, my Aunt N7.1M (Duration: 1st of April, 2015 to 1st July, 2015)
- Letter of explanation
- My father's company details showing me as one of the shareholders
- Letter of sponsorship from both my father and aunt
- Proof of part payment of my fees - $5,000
- My passport with unused US F1 visa

Reasons for denial:
1. does not have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay tuition fees for course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
2. does not have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

I don't know what else these people want...Oh well, They will have to work harder to discourage me. I will reapply in the coming month.

I believe in my dreams, I will definitely achieve it.The last thing I need from anyone is sympathy, I just need advice on how to jump this "insufficient funds" hurdle. Thank you.
Hey bro, I don't wanna use the S word, cos whether they want/like it or not, u'll get it.
Please what additional document were u asked to submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
zizicomputer:
i am new here but i have gone back 10 threads to get more info.

anyone has anything that can help?

i want to go do a 2years masters
1 have a daughther and would like to go with her if possible.
Reason, is my mums late and all my siblings are single. none is a parent yet. and i thinks coping with a child with b a burden on a single/unmarried person

does anyone know anyone who has succeeded this way before?

i am a single mother. I have a court judgement nullifying marriage and granting me childs custody.

appreciate any help please. by the way my girl was three years old in may.

thanks house.
That shouldn't be a prob, as long as u can prove u av sufficient and available fund to take care of her
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
@lakusi I just responded.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
[quote author=CoCoLav post=37178168]

Was just about to ask of you.

Hmmmm
U sure?
See my eye undecided
See as am looking at you......
U know dat kind look ba?
Thank you sha.....
I hope to apply by the end of sept.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
thesoj:
@lakusi I just responded.

Thesoj.....
First of all I greet u sire with hands up....
2ndly be boning me oh....dere is God oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.