Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1073775 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nice one bro... I see what you did with the link there. smiley Another trick: if you want to link directly to a specific post on a page, right-click on the text above the post (i.e. "Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8" ) and copy the link. Using the Nairaland text editor you can hyperlink directly to said post, not just the page of the post.
sholay2011:
I dey feel your responses for this thread. Ride on bro. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sholay2011(m): 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
thesoj:
Nice one bro... I see what you did with the link there. smiley Another trick: if you want to link directly to a specific post on a page, right-click on the text above the post (i.e. "Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8" ) and copy the link. Using the Nairaland text editor you can hyperlink directly to said post, not just the page of the post.
You noticed what I did. grin Yeah, I actually wanted to hyperlink a particular post, not the whole page.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lakusi(m): 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
thesoj:

Replied your email and expecting your response boss. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
zizicomputer:

I HAVE A LITTLE OVER 8M NAIRA.

WILL THAT BE OKAY OR DO I NEED TO RAISE IT?

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. APPRECIATE IT

My opinion? It's okay. How much is your tuition for the whole program and how many years is it gonna take? The only issue I may have is if u're sponsoring yourself.....not sure though, but dont think it's safe!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
Resend. Didn't receive it.
lakusi:
Replied your email and expecting your response boss. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Turpsie(f): 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
I give all the glory to the almighty God, Approval mail dropped today, 21st of August. It's been God...

@ayhotomiwa urs is on the way, I will continue to pray for you.

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
Siga:
... Hi Guys...

Baba I greet you Sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by NaD720: 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
Turpsie:
I give all the glory to the almighty God, Approval mail dropped today, 21st of August. It's been God...

Congratulations Turpsie, I tap into your testimony and pray for smooth approval for other waiting for TRV hopeful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ada4all: 7:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
NaD720:

Congratulations Turpsie, I tap into your testimony and pray for smooth approval for other waiting for TRV hopeful.
congrats dear...put me in prayers too o....10 weeks and counting....I haven't even been called for medicals....my hope is diminishing as the days goes by sad....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Turpsie(f): 7:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
ada4all:
congrats dear...put me in prayers too o....10 weeks and counting....I haven't even been called for medicals....my hope is diminishing as the days goes by sad....

It's going to end in praise in Jesus name
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by NaD720: 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
ada4all:
Eya, Ada, Take heart, It's definitely going to end in praise! Sounds touching being 10 weeks already and close to resumption date without being called for medicals, You should have opted in for upfront medicals, Nevertheless, Have faith and be optimistic.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mondob2k(m): 7:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
sholay2011:

I think it would help if you specify the PhD programme. Anyway, I recommend University of Manitoba.

Ok thanks. Mechanical Engineering actually
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mondob2k(m): 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
thesoj:
Read the previous 50-100 pages and you will find your answer on a platter of gold smiley.
Also read through @richcasey's links for a condensed treasure trove of valuable information.

I would advise that you don't only apply to schools with cheap tuition particularly if your BSc CGPA is above 4.0. As a PhD applicant, you should get funding if you play your cards right; this post (link edited) should help you on tips to find a research supervisor.

After you get admission, you should read at least 400-500 pages of the thread.

Thanks. See u when I'm done reading
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by criousblack: 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
Turpsie:

Congrats turpsie. #TeamMUN Would send you an email right away
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kindmind25: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
Good evening house, I'm new on here have been following this forum and it was so interesting but I have apply for my visitor visa before I find out about this thread. My application has been refused 2 times and I don't really know the step to take right now... My first application
I apply 1st of May
Biometric 11
Got final decide on the 21 of May application was refused reason
Travel history
Family ties in Canada and home country...
My second application
I applied on the 14th of July
Biometric done on 15th July
Got final decision on 21 of July which is today application was refused again
Reason
Travel history and identification documents
Family ties in Canada and home country
Employment statues and insufficient found
I'm married to a Canadian citizen she was here last two month we did our wedding just because of the first reason of my first refusal and I add all the documents she bring for me and our marriage certificate.
I have travel to Malaysia and Egypt I even have a study permit in Egypt valid till December this year I was just here to get my other documents and I think of applying for here as I was refused first time I think of my wife coming here and we did our wedding and I submit again and I'm still refused. I'm so confused right now I don't know what to do either I should go back to Egypt and apply for TRV or Sponsorship visa. Please someone in the house should help me...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
2grozz:

Even as I have not refired....
I believe this statement!
Amen oh!
Prepare to come pick me up from airport....
No need to ask u how u dey....
Is d adrenaline still rushing?

am relaxed Bro enjoying the beautiful environment and free Wi-Fi u know na osho free tinzs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kindmind25: 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
I mean I need advise on what step to take again for my next application....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
TheBae:
Thanks Soji, you've been superhelpful too. I hope you won't leave after your brother joins you in your FiveEye package

omoge sent u a PM want u to also help me review my friend's SOP pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
Also, doing some quick Google searches should help you narrow down schools. In addition, contact @Gu2015, he/she is a Nairalander starting a Mechanical Engineering PhD in Canada this fall; I found his/her Nairaland post on this thread by entering the search phrase " "mechanical engineering" phd canada nairaland" (without the the outermost inverted commas) into Google. You can find similar info through google as well. Best.
mondob2k:
Thanks. See u when I'm done reading

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by nam16: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
hello my sis will be going jan 16! I sent you PM
sexysammy0906:
hey guys whats up. pls is there anyone who is heading to VIU in september, has accommodation and is looking for a room mate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
I'm not an expert with Canada visas, but it might be best to just apply for an immigrant visa to Canada given that you are married to a Canadian.
Your non-immigrant visitor visa application is likely to be refused again because you have extremely strong ties to Canada due to your wife being there. I would recommend that you do some deep research on getting an immigrant visa to Canada through your Canadian wife. Scour through CIC's website and I'm sure the information is on there somewhere. Best of luck. PS: this is just my relatively informed opinion but I am not an expert whatesover.
Kindmind25:
...visitor visa...My application has been refused 2 times ...
Travel history
My second application... refused again
I'm married to a Canadian citizen...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kindmind25: 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
Thank you so much I really appreciate your concern over my advise needed.. Please I will like to ask again should I apply here in Nigeria or I can go ahead to apply in Egypt as I'm a permanent resident over there till December... I will appreciate your respond to my question once again...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
I want to take a time out to appreciate everyone who took up time to give me valued advice and encouragement. I will take the necessary corrections and reapply after I defer my admission. I cannot thank you guys enough for the love you've shown me.

@thesoj, I especially appreciate the email. I am currently organizing the funds into the spreadsheet, might take me a while but I will let you have a look as soon as I'm done. Thank you, brother.

@thebae, @SeraSera, @deedee, @Onyeoma, @CocoLav (I almost typed Cocobutter grin ), @ayo and all others, accept my appreciation. Much love.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tonero230(m): 10:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
Kindmind25:
Good evening house, I'm new on here have been following this forum and it was so interesting but I have apply for my visitor visa before I find out about this thread. My application has been refused 2 times and I don't really know the step to take right now... My first application
I apply 1st of May
Biometric 11
Got final decide on the 21 of May application was refused reason
Travel history
My second application
I applied on the 14th of July
Biometric done on 15th July
Got final decision on 21 of July which is today application was refused again
Reason
I'm married to a Canadian citizen she was here last two month we did our wedding just because of the first reason of my first refusal and I add all the documents she bring for me and our marriage certificate.
I have travel to Malaysia and Egypt I even have a study permit in Egypt valid till December this year I was just here to get my other documents and I think of applying for here as I was refused first time I think of my wife coming here and we did our wedding and I submit again and I'm still refused. I'm so confused right now I don't know what to do either I should go back to Egypt and apply for TRV or Sponsorship visa. Please someone in the house should help me...

Tell that ur canadian wife to get you immigration lawyer there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kindmind25: 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
She has a lawyer even her lawyer natorized the invitation letter I use to apply please can the lawyer help her out for my immigration processing or she need to get a immigration lawyer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
You are welcome. You could probably apply in either place, whichever you deem convenient or advantageous. If you are to apply in Egypt though, make sure your permanent residency there will be valid for as long as the estimated application processing time, otherwise you might be refused by default. In any case, pls also do your own research via the CIC website. Best.
Kindmind25:
Thank you so much I really appreciate your concern over my advise needed.. Please I will like to ask again should I apply here in Nigeria or I can go ahead to apply in Egypt as I'm a permanent resident over there till December... I will appreciate your respond to my question once again...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Kindmind25: 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
Thank you so much once again for your help I will start my research as soon as possible... Will be posting how things is working for me here and to get more advise from you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Royat1(m): 11:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
Please who is in university of Alberta here.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ohk9ner: 11:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
@kindmind25 u case is good to go,u need a canadian immigration Lawyer....

u need someone who got experience, pm me...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by cherie24(f): 12:21am On Aug 22, 2015
Good evening good pple.

Hope we are all keeping well. Please a quick question. Please give me and estimate.
For someone going for Master's and sponsering himself; tuition and all other expenses are like CAD35,000. How much can the person possibly have in the account to be solid enough to convince a VO.

Just estimates dears... Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Odinwa(m): 12:38am On Aug 22, 2015
Hello buddies, I am a graduate of Biochemistry and I want to apply for masters in Food science in dalhousie university. My cgpa is 3.7 (for my last two years in the University).
Now my question is, Do I have any chance of getting an admission from this school or I shouldn't bother wasting my application fee?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jessy50: 12:40am On Aug 22, 2015
, Am new here. I want to apply for undergraduate study in the university of Saskatchewan, University of winnipeg and university of regina. I dnt know if they can accept me without english language test. Pls i Need your reply. How do i pay application fee. Which bank os faster.

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.