Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1077161 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kol1234: 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Thank you Team12
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
@hayqinsBFX, my sponsorship letter was not notarised and my Sponsor did not swear an affidavit. However, I am sure you know that every case is different. Remember I also had my name as a director in my Hubby's CAC 7 which also served as home tie for me.

In your own case, since your name is not on the Form CAC 7, I will like to suggest that your dad initiates an application to CAC to include your name on the board (this shouldn't take time). Then state in your dad's sponsorship letter that:

"Plans are in top gear to integrate Akinbusola into the firm which includes inclusion of his name in the Particulars of Directors (Form CAC 7) of XYZ limited and developing his skills through practical advanced training, hence the importance and need for him to study in a college in Canada. I have attached documents evidencing application for update to the CAC7 to my letter to support my claim... Shikena!

Get the sponsorship letter notarised and you are good to go. No need for sworn affidavit again.

Trust God, this approach will more than cover up for your home tie.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
Yes, you have occupied a civil service position

[quote author=Omonjoe post=35025758][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Godymn: 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Dear All,

Can anybody help me with current TOEFL materials that can help me pass at one sitting.

Please help as time is not on my side anymore.

Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by julius99(m): 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Thanks, this has really helped
teesboy:

there is no CIC law that says a 45 year-old cannot study in Canada. So long as your uncle has his admissions letter and submits suporting documentation/evidence required for a study permit to be processed, his application will be treated based on it's merit and not his age.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by julius99(m): 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
thanks
berexio1:
Age is not a barrier neither is it a criterion for admission. So far as he meets the academic requirements of study and can demonstrate it, he is good to go.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by julius99(m): 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ok, Thanks.
Tay16:
yes he can
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
@team12 thanks for the reply...
I actually don't have home tie ticked on my refusal so I think I don't have an issue with that.
Team12:
@hayqinsBFX, my sponsorship letter was not notarised and my Sponsor did not swear an affidavit. However, I am sure you know that every case is different. Remember I also had my name as a director in my Hubby's CAC 7 which also served as home tie for me.

In your own case, since your name is not on the Form CAC 7, I will like to suggest that your dad initiates an application to CAC to include your name on the board (this shouldn't take time). Then state in your dad's sponsorship letter that:

"[i]Plans are in top gear to integrate Akinbusola into the firm which includes inclusion of his name in the Particulars of Directors

Trust God, this approach will more than cover up for your home tie.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sholabadmus: 2:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
NECO CERTIFICATE -

1. Do i have to go to NECO zonal (state) office to request for my "neco certificate" or from my secondary sch where i wrote the exam.?
2. Can someone request for this on my behalf and how long does it take to be issued if it's not readily available. (Graduated in 2011)

Thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 2:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
Maybe not home tie, but what I mean is that it will help authenticate your claims that you are coming back to take over...
hayqinsbFX:
@team12 thanks for the reply...
I actually don't have home tie ticked on my refusal so I think I don't have an issue with that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Akin26: 3:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
Godymn:
Dear All,

Can anybody help me with current TOEFL materials that can help me pass at one sitting.

Regards.
This should give you an idea ieltsbuddy.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Akin26: 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
Godymn:
Dear All,

Regards.
This should give you an idea www.ieltsbuddy.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kenenbcc: 3:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
I am happy that people that has succeded in the study permit app are sharing their experience, please brothers I submitted my application in march 12 but I received a refusal letter stating that Idont have enough finance to pursue my course of study in Canada without working, this because I have only 10,000 cnd fixed deposit because my elder brother who is working with an Oil and Gas firm in the Uk and my brother inlaw who works with telecommunication firm in Nigeria,but my annual expenses is 18500cnd per living cost and academic cost, However I've re-applied because the letter stated that I can only reapply if my circumstances has changed substancially, and I have a total of 3,560,000 which is equivalent to 21,500 cnd for my 10months programme. Please what are my chances of getting the study permit approved this time?

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Godymn: 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
Akin26:

Thanks Akin,
however, the site u referrd me too is for IELTS.

The one i plan on writing is TOEFL but i dont mind goin for IELTS since my schl requires any of them.

Better still, which is easier to pass?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
Akin26:

Good morning Mr. Akin,
You gave him a link to IELTS materials. IELTS is different from TOEFL.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
Godymn:

Thanks Akin,
however, the site u referrd me too is for IELTS.

The one i plan on writing is TOEFL but i dont mind goin for IELTS since my schl requires any of them.

Better still, which is easier to pass?

I don't think one can answer your question regarding the easiest one because we have different iq levels. However, I have written both exams and can tell u that they aren't that difficult but u will have to do some practice questions to be on the safe side.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by aretheytheron(m): 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
Pls can one go for medical with photocopy of international passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
kenenbcc:
I am happy that people that has succeded in the study permit app are sharing their experience, please brothers I submitted my application in march 12 but I received a refusal letter stating that Idont have enough finance to pursue my course of study in Canada without working, this because I have only 10,000 cnd fixed deposit because my elder brother who is working with an Oil and Gas firm in the Uk and my brother inlaw who works with telecommunication firm in Nigeria,but my annual expenses is 18500cnd per living cost and academic cost, However I've re-applied because the letter stated that I can only reapply if my circumstances has changed substancially, and I have a total of 3,560,000 which is equivalent to 21,500 cnd for my 10months programme. Please what are my chances of getting the study permit approved this time?

Thank you.
No one here can tell you if your application will be approved or not that decision is made solely by the VO reviewing your application, what we can do however is provide useful tips and guide so that your application is successful. If I understand you correctly you've already re-applied with $21500 bank balance for a program of $18500 per year. In all honesty bruv the money is still not sufficient unless you've paid all your school fees and $21500 is just for your living expenses. Well I'll only advise you pray fervently because anything is possible with the almighty.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ChriGo(m): 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
Onyeoma3:

Read the important note portion of the attachment sir, all these your accusations ehn, when I'll take it personal with you naa when we meet and you no buy me beer
....Onye grin...well, lets see how it goes....No worry u go drink beer tire grin....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Godymn: 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
mevisbleek:

I don't think one can answer your question regarding the easiest one because we have different iq levels. However, I have written both exams and can tell u that they aren't that difficult but u will have to do some practice questions to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the response...Can you share with me the materials u used in preparing for toefl and also study tips?.

Also, if i'm to do like 2-3hrs study per day, how many months do u think or feel I can cover in other to pass.
Just need a rough estimate on that would do.

Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2015
In the name of Allah the most gracious and most merciful all praise and worship is due to almighty Allah alone. I just got a medical mail now from cic. Would update u guys later

21 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
kennykentipsy:
In the name of Allah the most gracious and most merciful all praise and worship is due to almighty Allah alone. I just got a medical mail now from cic. Would update u guys later

Congrats!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
kennykentipsy:

Congrats dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by loladeoye: 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
kennykentipsy:

Congrats !!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by vinci500: 4:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
First try contacting NECO via the number provided on their website, dey wud tell you if they Av forwardd it to your school or not. After which you can go to the school where you did the exam, for more enquiries.
sholabadmus:
NECO CERTIFICATE -

1. Do i have to go to NECO zonal (state) office to request for my "neco certificate" or from my secondary sch where i wrote the exam.?
2. Can someone request for this on my behalf and how long does it take to be issued if it's not readily available. (Graduated in 2011)

Thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Congratz bro i tap into ur testimony
kennykentipsy:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
kennykentipsy:

Congrats.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
Graviton2:

Congrats!
thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
Crich:

Congrats dear
thanks alot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
joeyf:
yours on the way
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
joeyf:
thanks...yours coming soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gods1son: 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
@kenntkentipsy...congrats...its a sweet part 8

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.