Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1073074 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Opesyy(m): 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
@Darefestus bro sorry about your delay.
The recent delays makes me wanna forget about submitting application again. Moral is low
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dedicateDD: 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
We should be hopeful and believe in ourself ..if something is made or you either you submit perfect document or less perfect document once it is your time it is your time ..the problem is will should pray to God to let us make move at the right time..

for instance, i was in one EU country to apply for a UK tourist visa... below is the conversation between me and the Visa officer

vo............hello
me... ......hello
vo....... ..where is your supporting document, online application print out , payment printout , hotel print out...?
me.........i show her just my appointment letter
vo..........where is other document ?
me.........i said i don't know am going to bring or print any document or proof of payment. you can check your system everything you needed is stated there..
VO........ she look at me for like 10 seconds node her head and turn to her system started printing all document herself with her own printer the only things i help he with is my passport photograph she will attached to my document .. after he printing she ask me to sign necessary place, then ask me to come back in 24 hours .
me ..i said thank you and i left. and i was issue the visa.

LESSON ...something that belongs to you will never pass you by...every delay is a blessing .Keep working hard believe in yourself .

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
page 9 already... guy whatsup? ahn an
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toluine56(m): 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
JJCE:
don't know much concerning the issue of statement of account, but u of w is a good uni, am also an applicant to the school, though mine is sept intake.....
great bro.
I've replied ur pm.
I culd av wished for sept buh jus wanna plan all wella.
Wat course did u apply for.
Success man
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by JJCE(m): 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
toluine56:

great bro.
I've replied ur pm.
I culd av wished for sept buh jus wanna plan all wella.
Wat course did u apply for.
Success man
have also sent you message check your mail for more info,my course is sociology, thanks man, wish you d same......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by benedictuyi(m): 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
Elect/elect '09
Crich:

Nice, same here. MCB '05
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by slimmy2000: 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
JohnDuke259:

Thanks! I have searched wakanow a number of times. There is no flight to Fredericton. The flights I've seen on Jetradar and a couple other sites usually involve two or three airlines with two transit.
Try travel agents.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Muyiii(m): 1:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
Futurewiser:
Any one with good idea of affordable university in Canada for international students?
If you're looking at spending almost nothing for ur postgraduate ...I'll advise you look at South africa. Tuition free and you get busary too.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
dedicateDD:
sorrry how do you pay for he application fee ? is it in Naira or canadian dollar and how much for the application and biometric pls

What application fee are you referring to please? The visa application fee was CAD 235. I was charged 38k+.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
Muyiii:

If you're looking at spending almost nothing for ur postgraduate ...I'll advise you look at South africa. Tuition free and you get busary too.

I don't think South Africa schools are tuition-free. I have an offer from Pretoria University.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Omonjoe(m): 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
See dis guy...u re my set at Ekp ooo. Same dept (Stanley was class rep, Ewanlen(Elder1), Melody(pastor))
I have PMed u.
benedictuyi:
Elect/elect '09
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
slimmy2000:
Try travel agents.

Thanks a lot! I have booked at travelstart.com for 253k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by gabrola: 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
well, in terms of hometie if you say he need a co sponsor i would agree as i said.
but a co sponsor doesnt say or mean he has personal assets

i think he should work on his SOP and dedicate passages to explaining why he doesnt have any ersonal assets
hey bro the personal asset thingy is under hometies! D vo thinks dat he's not going to go back to Hong Kong since he has no proof of assets like a bank account, land, and d likes. So I think he should try to submit his personal soa, and/or his parents land docs den he should state ok his sop dat his parent has transferred d land to him and dat he's coming back to develop d land after his study

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by slimmy2000: 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
darefestus:
Good morning guys,

So I woke up to the dreaded mail from CIC and i was startled when I saw the refusal.

Wch included Personal assets and purpose of visit even when I was on a fully funded program

But its all good.

Doing personal soul searching for now, will be back with documents and opinion are welcomed.

@Darefestus, this is really sad.it is well. pls take heart, list the docs submitted for the gurus in the house to check and advise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Muyiii(m): 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
JohnDuke259:

I don't think South Africa schools are tuition-free. I have an offer from Pretoria University.

Yes...not all, I'm a student in South African presently and I don't pay a dime. Plus we (international) students get monthly allowance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sholay2011(m): 2:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
Muyiii:

Yes...not all, I'm a student in South African presently and I don't pay a dime. Plus we (international) students get monthly allowance.
Hope xenophobia no reach your side sha?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Muyiii(m): 2:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
sholay2011:

Hope xenophobia no reach your side sha?

Lol...there is a lot of misconceptions about this xenophobic issue. Anyways the answer is NO. I'm just saying if you're looking at spending almost nothing and getting same standard of Education you get in Europe...You can try. I graduated from Coventry UK, I see no difference.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
It's not a bad idea.
Just saying that that caters more for homt tie than your OWN personal assets.
Come to think of it, have you seen a 23 year old guy fresh graduate bn denied on personal asset.
It defies all previous assumptions.
Guy,look at it this way..What if the schorlarship did not continue at some point during his study? Who caters for his expenses and all?Its always good to still present one's SOA or a sponsors' in case u av none. Tnuola is right.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kross01(m): 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
darefestus:

Undergrad or postgraduate?

Undergrad tuition is contigent on a number of factors but If you are going for postgrad, with the right profile, you may not even have to pay a dime.

Let us know your profile and your choice location of study and you will get the best advice.

I will highly appreciate your advice on this. I am hoping to pursue a post graduate degree on either procurement/logistics/supply chain mgt or maritime transportation related course.Not so sure other details you might want me to provide for this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
what if your sponsor cant continue sponsoring you......
dont lets think this way.
anyway the issue is dead and buried. whoever is concerned will make a decision as there is no ule of thumb.
berexio1:
Guy,look at it this way..What if the schorlarship did not continue at some point during his study? Who caters for his expenses and all?Its always good to still present one's SOA or a sponsors' in case u av none. Tnuola is right.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toluine56(m): 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
toluine56:
Goodday peeps
been following this thread annynomously.
I'm about to apply for admission to the U of W January 2016 for an undergrad prog . Hopefully i'll get a positive reply. My lil ish is the issue of statement of account. A one time transfer into my account say from winnings from a sport bookie..does that raise any red flag.. And then the home tie issue....am just an ond graduate...the only work experience is a 2yr IT prog. Done at different times. Is there any way to augument this. Thanks in adv.
tnuola hayqinsbFX
siga abeg help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by loladeoye: 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
SeyiMiilan...hope you got medicals?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
I Dont know about that o...
buh my personal soa wey i print get many alert from sport bookie ooo....
what i think matters most is your supposed salary..
toluine56:

tnuola hayqinsbFX
siga abeg help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by twizzie: 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
Haha! Page 9 already?
Sorry if I haven't responded to PMs.. Really, it's hard keeping up..
Pls ask any questions here and I will try to respond when I'm online.

@darefestus, It is well!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Iyalodeofcanada: 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
akanni:

What will the sister be coming to do? The spousal work permit is unique, your sister can only apply to visit, not work. She could apply for visit visa but you will need to prove you can accommodate her conveniently.
She will also need to fulfill the same requirement for a visit visa; evidence that she will come back, financial assets, job, and any other thing to support her application.

Oh I see.......I dont want to be seen by the family as someone who cares more for the husband to be than the family.......I hope you understand... So i want to at least help my sister to get here by any means possible.....she is currently a graduate student in Nigeria. I am looking for a way to bring her here before. So my husband to be can apply for his open work spousal permit without any rancour. Is there any way I can bring her her through visit, then she gets a job or apply for either another masters or phd during the visit period and stay? Please advise me....Thank you so much God bless you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
Muyiii:

Wow! What uni are you? My friend in Stellenbosch Uni had a fully-funded PhD scholarship.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
toluine56:

tnuola hayqinsbFX
siga abeg help.

Good day,
U don't need anyone to help u on this one but yourself. Search ur heart, if the sport bookie story is true then run with it but if it's a fallacy, let your spirit man advise u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
chrisviral:

I hate when people say that!

Interesting, why do you hate when people say that? I agree with Crich there's a reason for everything. We all have different destinies and Canada might not be for some people. Met a dude on sat, he graduated with msc abi meng in petroleum engineering in 2013 from university of calgary. Up till now that dude is still looking for job in the so called calgary, land of money. He has been doing laborer work making $18.50/hr since 2013. He just got an offer in agip and is moving back to Porthacourt by month end. Him no get pr him no get citizen. So I agree with Crich. No disrespect sir I'm just saying.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
Please I need someone who paid his/her tuition fees with MasterCard to advice. I tried paying about $3700 today on MUN's online payment platform and the transaction was declined. My admission comfirmation fee payment of $150 went through seamlessly with same card last year.Consulted my bank and they said the issue was not from their end. I'm thinking of breaking the payment into bits, but would like to get some advice first. Thanks house.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kykybfo: 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
hello gud people,my friend just got called for medicals but she just found out she is pregnant,pls whts likely to be her fate?tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeyiMiilan: 5:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
On my way home.. Wld know my fate wen I get home..thank you sir/ma.@loladeoye
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
Congratulations...
When did she apply?

Online or paper?
Let the Ogas dissect that issue...
kykybfo:
hello gud people,my friend just got called for medicals but she just found out she is pregnant,pls whts likely to be her fate?tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.