Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari (62911 Views)

Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video) / Akpabio Elected Senate Minority Leader / Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by abtmaviz(m): 12:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
The senate president can only be impeached by two-third of the house....APC is 59 while PDP is 48. Saraki pally with PDP to be the senate president while PDP candidate will be the deputy....now tell me, how can they get the required two-third to impeach him when all d PDP are behind him and Bukola has some loyalist in APC since there candidate is the deputy

So, where is the impeachment coming from abi the law dint say anything abt quorum?

5 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
um... i have no say in this, cos all politician are the same,but apc mumu,how can their hold meeting when inauguration is ongoing.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Celexboy(m): 12:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Congrats man but still don't change the fact that i hate the name pdp with the most spectacular orcayol of my life time
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Pamcrest(f): 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
sosanova:
[size=13pt]You tambuwal me...I Saraki you grin grin grin grin
Buhari is a real Dullard for calling a meeting at such a critical time, he doesn't understand Nigeria politics
[/size]

Stop disrespecting our elected Presido! The Clerk should have waited for Buhari to declare d Senate open....so all these election proceedings may turn out to be null n void oh.
My humble two cents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by cold(m): 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
Politricians at their finest

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by omenka(m): 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
mogidi, your pal is folding his hands.

I yaff laff die
Woman, read my lips, I am not interested.. Is this how you follow guys around in real life even when they are snubbing you?? Shooo!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by blazetitov: 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
But why is Saraki in such a hurry? He will still emerge the senate president at the end if he had exercised a little bit of patience.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by HisSexcellency(m): 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
this is kinda fun......
pmb, stabbed apc in the back by sending his consent letter to the clerk of the house and then go ahead to call saraki's adverseries to the intl. conference center

3 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Jaydeebaba(m): 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
The PDP should have just carried out a 'coup' since they have the majority at that time.
Saraki dynasty been dubious since the time of Othman Dan Fodio.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by tintingz(m): 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
Not legal
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by DoTheNeedful: 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
grabs:
What else can one expect from Sharia Reporters

But you believe the story from 'sharia' reporters that saraki called Osinbajo a mere commisioner undecided

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by ajepako(f): 12:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
See atomic gobe!

APC on stage!

Interesting drama unfolding in D4..

Una go fight tire..

Oh, by the way, CHANJI

hahhahahaah
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Myself2(m): 12:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by AnneMomoh: 12:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
soe:

And i can see a supreme court judgment underway....suspending the Senate until further notice.

The illegality in the action of the so called clerk of the house will not stand. Having inaugurated 57senators only out of 109, that is not even up to a quorum. And this was also without the requisite formal declaration by Mr President, signalling the launching of the new assembly.
That said, APC needs to checkmate the activities of certain people. Saraki has only confirmed that he is far from "change" as he is neck deep in romance with the PdP gang. Shame to kwankwaso also, for being no different...now I know never to trust the so called N-PDP boys who ought to have been left to rot in political oblivion like Lamido and Muazu.

First, he called the VP a mere commissioner.
Secondly, he damned the meeting with mr president.
Thirdly, he paired with pdp imps.

My advicr to Buhari, this guy still has 4 heavy corruption baggages....it is either you immediately recruit Nuhu Ribadu into the EFCC, or you consult OBJ on how to deal ruthlessly with Senate Presidents.

Wabara knows what I'm talking about

A quorum is not needed to vote a Senate President- just a simple majority. 57 senators is above half of 109 senetors

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Bovis(m): 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
deebsman1:
The "election" took place without the legal proclamation of the Senate by President Buhari.
does that have any implication, learned peeps in the house, share your knowledge

Babanowthatyourethere treat this act by traitor Saraki as another coup de ta against your mandate and person.

Saraki can't be trusted with power!
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by rejoice4eva(m): 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
'Iyan ogun odun, o si maa njo eniyan'. The law of karma at work. Democrazy or crazydemo is sweet. Lets enjoy d film. All will b well with Nigeria
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by kenrish2(m): 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
Fraudulent victories hall mark of pdp
apc has won victory but does not know how to govern or control

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by ayodejisure: 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by chigoizie7(m): 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
I guess cluelesnes still runs in the bloods of our senators, how could they have gone for that meeting, knowing fully well that for a senate to convene,that all they need is just 1/3 of the house? Don't they know that dey will be outsmarted?

He, whose house is on fire does not go rat hunting.

This has showed us how our senate is being and will be ran by clueless MOFOS, all those that went for the meeting with PMB miscalculated, and I pray that they will not mis-calculate when discharging their constitutional duties as low makers. Otherwise, na we, wey be d common man go hear am on the long run.

I think they have learn their lessons in a hard way.never take anything or situation for granted.

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
I dey laugh ooo!
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by 3ace(m): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
If he could also shun the meeting of all APC senators meeting with PMB, then I can convincingly conclude that he made that derogatory remark against the VP. I'm sure that he's going back to PDP.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Rexology: 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
GhaliNaaba:
He is just too ambitious!!!!!
Saraki is a born betrayer and he won't end well.
Let Efcc start probing the ba*st*ards.
His cup is full now Omo ale jati jati.
You are a liar, he would end very well...then shame shall become your Middle name.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
folabayo1:
Saraki is meeting with his doom grin
Buhari go show am pepper grin
Meanwhile pdp dey celebrate cheesy

Mumu...Buhari is behind his victory to checkmate Tinubu and cage him. For some reason Yorubas are not understanding this. Buhari engineered this.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by bbdd: 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Edwardhead:
[size=20pt]PDP feel it's pay back time but they don't know they were used to satisfy the interest of Saraki.[/size]

Yet they produced deputy SP
Dey there na

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by mrpackager(m): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
grin...... the drama continues
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by bbdd: 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
Edwardhead:
[size=20pt]PDP feel it's pay back time but they don't know they were used to satisfy the interest of Saraki.[/size]

Yet they produced deputy SP
Dey there na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by MizMyColi(f): 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
Today, I have confirmed that Sahara Reporters is Pro-APC.
Very Pro-APC...
And this topic being deliberated on is repulsive journalism at its best.

Excuse me, wasn't there a slated time and schedule of event(s)?
So, if the president has other "pressing" issues to attend, shouldn't they (NA) go on with their proceedings?

Even if the 52 or 51 lawmakers were present, Saraki would have taken it home by joining forces with PDP.
Abeg, I don't know Saraki or Lawan well enough to vouch for them.
Their cup of chinese tea biko.

All I want is this...
Give Me A Nigeria That Works!

4 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by mattikang: 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
they are just distracting us and themselves from the main issues,like this media release from access to justice

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Mekky2010: 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sahara Reporters, since when has 54+20 = 57? Abi that is also part of the change ? There were 74 senators in the chamber, Saraki is the president, it no longer matters what APC leadership thinks about that...for the sake of moving forward they should understand that change keeps changing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Owliver(m): 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
But what on earth made them hold a meeting today of all days ehn. Lol*
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by taharqa: 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
When some of us questions the political wit of Buhari, some people go say we just dey hate. How super clueless can a leader be than this??

Now cos of his political dullness, a known Thief is now the Senate President- although alla dem are thieves b4 sha
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by agabaI23(m): 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
soe:

And i can see a supreme court judgment underway....suspending the Senate until further notice.

The illegality in the action of the so called clerk of the house will not stand. Having inaugurated 57senators only out of 109, that is not even up to a quorum (quorum is 1/3rd for normal plenary...but for extraordinary plenary such as this and constitution amendment among others specified by law, it is 2/3rd).

And this was also without the requisite formal declaration by Mr President, signalling the launching of the new assembly.
That said, APC needs to checkmate the activities of certain people. Saraki has only confirmed that he is far from "change" as he is neck deep in romance with the PdP gang. Shame to kwankwaso also, for being no different...now I know never to trust the so called N-PDP boys who ought to have been left to rot in political oblivion like Lamido and Muazu.

First, he called the VP a mere commissioner.
Secondly, he damned the meeting with mr president.
Thirdly, he paired with pdp imps.

My advicr to Buhari, this guy still has 4 heavy corruption baggages....it is either you immediately recruit Nuhu Ribadu into the EFCC, or you consult OBJ on how to deal ruthlessly with Senate Presidents.

Wabara knows what I'm talking about
Hipocrisy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The 3 Nigerians Who Will Serve In Biden’s Government (Pictures) / The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) / President Buhari Poses With His Children And Grandchildren In Aso Rock. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.