Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari (62908 Views)

Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video) / Akpabio Elected Senate Minority Leader / Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by zubby29(m): 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
d fact dat kwankwaso was in attendanc spells danger for apc.dey better accept d election or pdp will regain kwara,zamfara and kano and i am apc dont want

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by charlie009: 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
PDP doing Apc job thinking they've bought saraki over. Story 4 d gods
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by wordcat(m): 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
aguiyi:

David mark would have emerged the senate president if all the APC senators had gone for that meeting.

1/3 of the house is 36 and we have more than that .

grin
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
new2020:

Mumu...Buhari is behind his victory to checkmate Tinubu and cage him. For some reason Yorubas are not understanding this. Buhari engineered this.
Lol.. bro d dumbskies wouldnt see this.... slaves can never learn or learn too late... hohohoho..
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by olutunde12(m): 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
E ma mu inu ara yin dun. Buhari travelled with the hope of returning on thursday and knew that the assebly must be innaugurated on tuesday so he sent his approval through the clerck of the senate and he read it before elections so what are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:
Woman, read my lips, I am not interested.. Is this how you follow guys around in real life even when they are snubbing you?? Shooo!! cheesy
Saraki has destroyed your source of livelihood

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by HonAdepitan(m): 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
another legal battle will commence.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Lionsclaw: 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
The proclamation was read at the begining
Dont mind saharareporters it is the prejudice in their mind that made them not see the proclamation grin

3 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by xakakes: 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
[quote author=soe post=34586166]
And i can see a supreme court judgment underway....suspending the Senate until further notice.

The illegality in the action of the so called clerk of the house will not stand. Having inaugurated 57senators only out of 109, that is not even up to a quorum (quorum is 1/3rd for normal plenary...but for extraordinary plenary such as this and constitution amendment among others specified by law, it is 2/3rd).

And this was also without the requisite formal declaration by Mr President, signalling the launching of the new assembly.
That said, APC needs to checkmate the activities of certain people. Saraki has only confirmed that he is far from "change" as he is neck deep in romance with the PdP gang. Shame to kwankwaso also, for being no different...now I know never to trust the so called N-PDP boys who ought to have been left to rot in political oblivion like Lamido and Muazu.

First, he called the VP a mere commissioner.
Secondly, he damned the meeting with mr president.
Thirdly, he paired with pdp imps.

My advicr to Buhari, this guy still has 4 heavy corruption baggages....it is either you immediately recruit Nuhu Ribadu into the EFCC, or you consult OBJ on how to deal ruthlessly with Senate Presidents.

Wabara knows what I'm talking about[/qut in your dumb mind if not for the nPDP do u think ur APC could emerge victorious at the Presidential elections overall
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Owliver(m): 1:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
AnneMomoh:

A quorum is not need to vote a Senate President- just a simple majority. 57 senators is above half of 109 senetors
hmmm I see.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by lerrubaba: 1:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
It's so unfortunate that the 8th Senate started on the impunity of last regime. We have all witnessed the inaugurations of our various states of Assembly, can anyone tell me any of the states Assembly inaugurated without the legal proclamation of their states governors? When you talk about forming a quorum, is the 2/3 of the senate that can form the quorum and 2/3 of 109 is 72 senators. So what are we talking about?. I stand to be corrected of any divergent opinion on this.

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by godwinkessi: 1:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
And after everything, it's all about THEM!!! That's the reason I don't put my mind in politicians. GEJ, PMB, Saraki, OBJ name them, they are all about THEM so my people I think we should all understand this simple truth

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by ybalogs(m): 1:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
sosanova:
[size=13pt]You tambuwal me...I Saraki you grin grin grin grin
Buhari is a real Dullard for calling a meeting at such a critical time, he doesn't understand Nigeria politics
[/size]
Calling your President a dullard, hmmmm, I pity you
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by giles14(m): 1:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
monoskey:
um... i have no say in this, cos all politician are the same,but apc mumu,how can their hold meeting when inauguration is ongoing.
which kind meeting dere wer 75 senator elect present
so 109-75=34,so y is everyone making noise.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Abugab(m): 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
The business of the day for the then senators elect was inauguration of the senate and electing principal officers. Because of the selfishness of a few who wants to run Nigeria like a fiefdom, they chose to be in a meeting with the president at the ICC.

Every action that brought Saraki in as Senate President today is legal and constitutional. 1. The number needed to form a quorum was met. 2. The president inauguration speech was sent to the clerk and read thereby declaring the 8th senate open and legit. 3. The elections of Saraki and Ekweremadu as SP and DSP followed the order as senators were already members and could exercise their rights.

APC played foolishly with this election forgetting that there were PDP members in the senate and they are also entitled to vote who their leader should be as the senate was not made up of only APC senators.
Saraki pulled a smart one on them and constitutionally too. Imposition must stop as we need a senate that will make laws for Nigerians and not toys in the hands of people like the Jagaban.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by remirez07(m): 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Carmal90(m): 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
This is a game and APC i know, will not back down. Saraki will be impeached, Ekweremmadu impeached and APC will get their deserved senate presidency. It is just a matter of time, strategy, counter strategy and a little bit help from EFCC.
i agree with you on saraki,but ike will stand tall...did u know pdp is having 49 senator....saraki sold apc to pdp on the platter of gold.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by dounleedee: 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
It is the right of the president of the federal republic of Nigeria to proclaim the new assembly before they can select a new leader. The election was however carried out in the absent of the president. This election is illegal and not recognized by the Nigerian constitution. The election should be nullified and the clerk should be persecuted. And Saraki should be expelled from APC. EFCC get ready to probe someone.

EFCC should probe him because he defied the party? Your reasoning is why the country is retrogressive instead of progressive. Why was EFCC handicapped before?

4 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by anwo247: 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Buhari will have idea what democracy is all about.

Welcome our Daura President

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by manutdrichie(m): 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
muh4lyf:
I am neither an APC member nor am I a PDP member.. But what we fail to understand is that Nigerian politicians are all thesame... Mind you the change clamoured for might just have been dashed... The masses seem to have returned back to square 1 cos saraki would surely fraustrate PMB effort... I shake my head for the poor in spanish

How?
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by PStacks(m): 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
aguiyi:
the Daura President will be thought how far Nigeria has moved since 1985.

David mark would have emerged the senate president if all the APC senators had gone for that meeting.

1/3 of the house is 36 and we have more than that .

Look! "NEVER" come up here and call the President a Dullard again in your life, otherwise I'l track you and maim you.

Your Father is the Dullard here not to have flushed you in the drains.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Nothing illegal took place today.For the senate to convene it requires 1/3 quourm which is 36
http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/documents/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/ChapterFive.html.

The proclamation was read at the begining

The quorum was formed with 57 senators and Saraki was elected with 57 votes which is simple majority.

His deputy was elected with 54 votes aganist ndume 20

Sarki simply out smarted APC leadership with his loyal members

President- North west- Hausa
Vp- southwest- yoruba
Senate president- north central- yoruba
Deputy- South east- igbo
Speaker would be North east
Deputy would be south south
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Dewze(m): 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
sosanova:
[size=13pt]You tambuwal me...I Saraki you grin grin grin grin
Buhari is a real Dullard for calling a meeting at such a critical time, he doesn't understand Nigeria politics
[/size]

What if Buhari wanted Saraki to win to temper the influence of Tinubu in his administration. What if Buhari (or his "confidant" advisers) new Saraki will not attend the meeting. What if it was a ploy to draw the lawan supporters away in other to give Saraki his chance.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by gajike: 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Buhari don't need to be present. Proclamation from Buhari through the clerk was read before election

5 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by ybalogs(m): 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
I can't see Bukola Saraki finishing his tenure as SP. Fingers crossed sha
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by manutdrichie(m): 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
anwo247:
Buhari will have idea what democracy is all about.

Welcome our Daura President

Nice pishure from G7 summit
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by weyreypey: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
ybalogs:

Is it bad? You called Gej a simpleton?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Caseless: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
DevilhimseIf:

Caseless ogbuagu grin
Ogbuagu1 of nairaland!

I de vex...
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Lionsclaw: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
[quote author=xakakes post=34587686][/quote] Shame on you mister. Is it democraric for your president to call a meeting on this crucial morning of thd NASS election. You sound like an APC robot

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
ybalogs:

Didn't you call Jonathan clueless?? undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by manutdrichie(m): 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dewze:

What if Buhari wanted Saraki to win to temper the influence of Tinubu in his administration. What if Buhari (or his "confidant" advisers) new Saraki will not attend the meeting. What if it was a ploy to draw the lawan supporters away in other to give Saraki his chance.

Wharefa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The 3 Nigerians Who Will Serve In Biden’s Government (Pictures) / The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) / President Buhari Poses With His Children And Grandchildren In Aso Rock. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.