Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,078 members, 7,867,092 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:38 AM

Why Do You Want To Get Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Want To Get Married? (603 Views)

When Two Nl Addicts Eventually Get Married... (Pics..) / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Get Married Now, Says Am Too Young. / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Want To Get Married? by ugodie(f): 11:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
Have you wondered why people get married? Better still, why would someone desire so desperately to get married? I think one good reason why anyone would want to get married is just to get married.

That you want to marry is not enough reason to tie the knot. There must be several reasons to do so. If you look at it very well, there are so many bad reasons why people jump into marriage.

The fact is, every marriage should have a purpose otherwise, you are obviously getting married for the wrong reasons.
If you want to live a happy life with whomsoever you chose, get married for the right reasons. Let’s look at some wrong reasons why people get married.

Too much pressure from loved ones
Most times, loved ones who feel that a lady is ‘over ripe’ for marriage put unnecessary pressure on her to get married. Men are not pushed that hard but women find it difficult to concentrate when family members and friends decide to frustrate them with questions like, ‘when are you getting married/you’ve not shown us the man yet/don’t you think you are of age?
The inability to handle this aspect well pushes many a young woman to do the unthinkable – saying yes to the next available guy. The ability to resist pressure from folks will help you think aright.

All my friends are married:
When a lady’s close friends get married, the only thing uppermost in her mind is getting married because she could no longer handle loneliness. There is nothing wrong in being lonely for a while knowing that waiting for the right person would be worth it. Your loneliness would be increased if you get hooked with the wrong person. Do not allow someone else’s status determine how you live your life. Everyone is called and fashioned differently. Loneliness is not desirable but it is better to hang in there rather than rushing in to rush out.

I need someone to take care of and provide for me:
It is wrong from the start. You should be able to cater for yourself and be responsible for your life without depending on anyone for sustenance or support in any way because the moment the care goes, you’d realise you’ve made a huge mistake. Marriage is not for the lily-livered, it requires maturity and planning.

I want to have children:
Children are a great blessing to any union but wanting to get married because you love children or you feel as a lady that your biological clock is ticking so fast is not a good reason to want to get married. It is imperative to understand that children need a loving atmosphere to grow and flourish. They need to be raised in an environment of peace and love. Let your home be a place where love reigns supreme. It should be the concern of anyone going into marriage.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Cutehector(m): 11:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
I want to hav lots of sex
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by GeneralQuamdeen: 11:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
I qet married because i want to start a family and qet unrestricted, and easy access to sex
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
To have someone to call my own, who would be my best friend, someone I can express my innermost fears and aspirations to without being rebuked or ridiculed, someone that would keep me warm when it's raining, someone who would not sell me out or betray me even though she knows my dirtiest secrets, someone who would tell me am handsome and believe so, even though I look like OBJ 's identical twin, someone who would not patronize me when I don't have a job and she's fending for the family.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by ugodie(f): 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
@Cutehector, sex is not a proof of love. If that's your purpose of getting married, you'd end up disappointed because the day the sex becomes boring, you'd want to quit the marriage. So, it's a wrong reason to get married.

@GeneralQuamdeen, starting a family is lovely but someone should be able to define his/her purpose of getting married. Children will grow better in a home full of love. Just like anything in life, definiteness of purpose saves one a lot of heartache and mistakes in life. Sex shouldn't top the list. Have you considered unrestricted love? Everything responds to love. Show your spouse love and all these other things shall be added to you.

@Imas, great things you said there but don't forget someone you'd equally love, appreciate, cherish and achieve great things with. Remember the golden rule and apply it and you'd enjoy every bit of your marriage.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
Observing.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by OKNkanu(m): 1:24am On Jun 11, 2015
Not everybody wants to get married
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Cavenchy(m): 1:38am On Jun 11, 2015
Cos its the only way for uncontrollable men/women to have hopes of making heaven
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 11, 2015
i want kids(twins preferably. Tho triplets and above are welcome) who will grow up to cause serious trouble.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Dekatron(m): 2:06am On Jun 11, 2015
Well.

Normally, as i am now, i don't feel a 'butterfly thing' for any lady/girl i have EVER dated. Lets say : i don't believe in love. But, i'd cut my head for my mother. Thats what i know about love.

So, to put it, i'll get married because i want kids. I don't mind if my wife and I dont live together. As long as we make babies & have sex anytime we have time, i am good. This may change tomorrow,but i don't mind getting married only for the baby & not for the woman.

Probably when i understand love better,i wll reconsider. Though it is unlikely cos : SINCE ADAM, I HAVENT FELT BUTTERFLY OR GOING CRAZY OVER A GIRL.

Last time i checked,my current babe : We haven't even said HI for two weeks. Sometimes, Months. So?? I dunno. Marriage is overrated and good for some people
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Cutehector(m): 6:28am On Jun 11, 2015
ugodie:
@Cutehector, sex is not a proof of love. If that's your purpose of getting married, you'd end up disappointed because the day the sex becomes boring, you'd want to quit the marriage. So, it's a wrong reason to get married.

@GeneralQuamdeen, starting a family is lovely but someone should be able to define his/her purpose of getting married. Children will grow better in a home full of love. Just like anything in life, definiteness of purpose saves one a lot of heartache and mistakes in life. Sex shouldn't top the list. Have you considered unrestricted love? Everything responds to love. Show your spouse love and all these other things shall be added to you.

@Imas, great things you said there but don't forget someone you'd equally love, appreciate, cherish and achieve great things with. Remember the golden rule and apply it and you'd enjoy every bit of your marriage.
save all these for the birds... Wen I mean lots of sex, I dnt mean till eternity..
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Visocrate(m): 6:44am On Jun 11, 2015
to enjoy at anytime grin
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by beautycrush24(f): 11:49am On Jun 11, 2015
OP now that you have listed the wrong reasons, oya list out the right reasons undecided

(1) (Reply)

AM Seeking 4 Advise? / Five Secrets You Must Not Tell Your Best Friend / Difference Between A Foreing Post And A Nigerian Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.