Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC (22268 Views)

What We Discussed With Buhari — Saraki, Dogara / We’ll Follow Due Process To Punish Saraki, Others –APC / Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by MizTyna(f): 9:11am On Jun 10, 2015
midolian:
yea..But picking a running mate in the opposition is a big blow. And we all know this is one of the reasons he has the backing of almost all the PDP senator elect. PDP can't jst support Saraki like that, he must have promised the party(PDP) some other things probably to the detriment of his party. Its a complete sell out as far as I am concerned. Do you know if the PDP had wanted, they would have allowed David mark emerge as the president for the 3rd time? Have u wondered why they didn't? They had the chance to buh they chose to let Saraki run unopposed. Only God knows the juicy things Saraki promised them... I might be wrong though

If Saraki's behaviour isnt anti-party. Then i dont really know what is. And i wont be surprised if he decamps,that man's so ambitious he'll sell his mother for his ambitions. I hope Tinubu ends that guy's political career,leave him in APC and let him rot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by DauraDullard: 9:13am On Jun 10, 2015
The Daura President is not all that dull afterall. He's tactically pulling himself from Tiefnubu's grasps

1 Like

Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 10, 2015
This is democracy in play, APC senate president PDP deputy senate president, this is real democracy. I like it. No influence from the God fathers.

1 Like

Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 10, 2015
doctokwus:

There is a lot wrong with how Saraki emerged,but most nauseatingly how we now have an absurd situation where we have a PDP deputy senate president.
In all sincerity and inspite being a diehard fan and believer in PMB, I lay this absurdity squarely on his shoulders and he should start finding ways to correct his error of yesterday.
The point is that with the baggage Saraki comes with and that of PDP to which ekweremadu represents, their elections has dealth a moral and perception blow to PMB anti corruption,change and not "business as usual" stance even before it gets started.
We should all care and be highly disturbed with what happened yesterday in the senate.
cry me a river, it is called Seperation of Power
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by Ahmeduana(m): 9:19am On Jun 10, 2015
Isoni:
The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives
Congress has urged the national leadership of the
party to punish the Senate President, Bukola Saraki,
and the Speaker of the House of Representatives,
Yakubu Dogara, for anti-party activities.

Lagos APC, in a statement by its publicity secretary,
Mr. Joe Igbokwe, said it was saddening that Saraki
could ‘jump into bed’ with the Peoples Democratic
Party in his desperation for power.

Igbokwe described the re-election of Senator Ike
Ekweremadu as the Deputy Senate President as an
embarrassment to the APC.

The statement read, “The purported election of
Senator Saraki and Dogara as the Senate President
and Speaker respectively, is a clear transgression of
both the tenets of democracy and party politics. At
this early stage, the APC must come down strongly to mete out sanctions and punishments against
treacherous members that perpetrated this ugly
charade at this early stage of the party’s life and
history.

“As a party and given the circumstances of our
present politics, the APC stands no risk of being
eroded by this treachery. Rather, we see the clear
road to enforce discipline in the treacherous conduct of some members of the National Assembly.

“We see the need for the party to wield the big stick
now to send a message home that treachery will not
profit those who might want to cash in on similar
circumstances to spite the party and cash personal
benefits in the long run. It is certain that these
betrayers are not members of the APC and we feel
the party must weigh in now and discipline these
betrayers.”

www.punchng.com/news/punish-saraki-dogara-lagos-apc/
YORUBA WILL SAY (lo pe bi ti iri wa)> na so e dey pain! CRY ME RIVER mr joe, na so e do MULIKAT, na patient she ma do, make una ma do patient lick una wound, because just the way PDP no fit do anything then, so APC ma no go fit do anything now.

2 Likes

Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 10, 2015
MizTyna:

If Saraki's behaviour isnt anti-party. Then i dont really know what is. And i wont be surprised if he decamps,that man's so ambitious he'll sell his mother for his ambitions. I hope Tinubu ends that guy's political career,leave him in APC and let him rot!
the apes have arrived with their ape like comments

1 Like

Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by meforyou1(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2015
midolian:
yea..But picking a running mate in the opposition is a big blow. And we all know this is one of the reasons he has the backing of almost all the PDP senator elect. PDP can't jst support Saraki like that, he must have promised the party(PDP) some other things probably to the detriment of his party. Its a complete sell out as far as I am concerned. Do you know if the PDP had wanted, they would have allowed David mark emerge as the president for the 3rd time? Have u wondered why they didn't? They had the chance to buh they chose to let Saraki run unopposed. Only God knows the juicy things Saraki promised them... I might be wrong though
he didn't pick a running mate. Election for deputy senate president held separately. Btw ekwerenmadu and that boko haram senator from borno and ekwerenmadu won.

3 Likes

Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by Cityguy: 9:27am On Jun 10, 2015
Punish them? Very laughable. You 'Tambuwal' PDP in the seventh assembly and the 'Saraki'ed you in the eighth. Amnesia is a strong thing in our comity. What is good for the geese nko......
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by sleekestdude(m): 9:28am On Jun 10, 2015
Life is about change, sometimes it's painful,
sometimes it's beautiful, but most of the time it's
both.
Tinubu and APC should be ashamed of themselves. Saraki and Dogara are party members Who have rights to vote and be voted for. Nigerian politics has gone beyond politics of god fatherism.
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by chigoizie7(m): 9:31am On Jun 10, 2015
The only punishment na to sack them from APC, den, they will de-camp to PDP still maintaining their status, who go loose? Na APC.

They should just shut d hell up and accept the outcome, that is how politics is played. U capitalized on GEJ's weakness and won him, u were all happy, now one of u has done d same thing to u all, u re crying fowl.

Make una find way reconcile with him, otherwise, if una give am tough punishment, he will simply abandom u people and head to PDP, then una go see real shame and real politics between PDP and PMB.(SP PDP saraki, DSP ekweremadu PDP) just imagine d outcome.
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by MizTyna(f): 9:33am On Jun 10, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
the apes have arrived with their ape like comments
You do know that the fact that you had to reply a non insulting post with an insulting one makes you the ape yea? Get off my mentions biko
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by daniel56(m): 9:37am On Jun 10, 2015
It is a game, let seen who win, how can u punish a senate president, children talk
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by Franklyly: 9:38am On Jun 10, 2015
APC hav not even lasted for even 2 months in power and their boat is already rocking! !!!

4 Likes

Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by ideyhere(f): 9:42am On Jun 10, 2015
frisky2good:
Shame no dey easy to get o, na person wey get shame dey think say e dey easy to get shame.

Abi ooh my broda..na as you tok am na em e be
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by kbams241: 9:42am On Jun 10, 2015
Raiders:
Saraki should be kicked out of APC because he has lost the trust and credibility. Its better he go back to PDP because he is a saboteur and should not be allow to remain in APC.
ure going no wer wit dis ur brain
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by ruffDiamond: 10:01am On Jun 10, 2015
angrybeware of Ilorin people they are very slippery ,shifty, cunning, disloyal crooked, and above all infinitely TREACHREOUS as epitomised by those rogues morally bankrupt and depraved sarakis they are NOT true full blooded Yoruba cry odale buruku this z exactly the reason why offa people always refer to them as Ilorin m'esu jamba translated roughly as Ilorin man like devil as treachery I never like d very sight of that traitor around buhari during d day s leading up to general election I saw him as a PDP mole and Judas inside APC when pastor tunde bakare compared that d people around buhari wit ALI BABA AND FORTY THIEVES HE forgot to traitor s! That snitch is gon to PDP for sure dis what tinubu saw and try to pre empt if buhari knew something abt dis then it z just too bad this is 2015 not 84 he 'll find in out in a hard way just how dirty and desperate politic and politician s have gotten since shagari angry

1 Like

Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by ruffDiamond: 10:04am On Jun 10, 2015
angrybeware of Ilorin people they are very slippery ,shifty, cunning, disloyal crooked, and above all infinitely TREACHREOUS as epitomised by those rogues morally bankrupt and depraved sarakis they are NOT true full blooded Yoruba cry odale buruku this z exactly the reason why offa people always refer to them as Ilorin m'esu jamba translated roughly as Ilorin man like devil as treachery I never like d very sight of that traitor around buhari during d day s leading up to general election I saw him as a PDP mole and Judas inside APC when pastor tunde bakare compared that d people around buhari wit ALI BABA AND FORTY THIEVES HE forgot to traitor s! That snitch is gon to PDP for sure dis what tinubu saw and try to pre empt if buhari knew something abt dis then it z just too bad this is 2015 not 84 he 'll find in out in a hard way just how dirty and desperate politic and politician s have gotten since shagari angry
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by HzRF(m): 10:14am On Jun 10, 2015
CHESSBOARD:
YES they are called LAGOS APC... thats what they are, LOCAL CHAMPIONS, TINUBU LAGOS LOCAL CHAMPION... this is Nigeria not Lagos, maybe Oba should tell SARAKi that he will die in River Niger not lagoon
Oba akinolu aka oba Lil Wayne go fit die on this matter ooo
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by mekstaniac(m): 10:14am On Jun 10, 2015
Is the leadership thing now a do or die affair? If apc heads the house and his deputy is from another party, are they not all Nigerians supposed to work for Nigeria? Politics these days is something else
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by Mistermamus(m): 10:24am On Jun 10, 2015
APC don't know how to play politics at all so obvious all wat dey know is occupy occupy n formulate propanganda to deceive dere mumu supporters. stupid party
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 10, 2015
jorlons:
I hope these people know what they are saying. Sanctioning them will only make their alliance with PDP stronger and once that happens, defection maybe likely.

In as much as I want their treacherous act of unholy alliance treated, the party needs to tread softly.
Calm down.. Cant u see? The PDP CANNOT be stronger unless elections are to be rigged. Go to the streets and hear people. Its bye bye to the PDP. My grouse with Saraki's emergence is the fact that he carries so much stain that needs to be cleared. How can Buhari fight corruption with such a man as Senate president?
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by Teespice(f): 10:37am On Jun 10, 2015
why exactly would they want them punished?
what is their offence?
politics in Nigeria is indeed a dirty game.
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 10, 2015
Isn't it too late to cry over split milk. C'mon pick up the napkin and set about preparing another cup of milk! Good thinking is at the foundation of a good product. APC should set about (and very quickly too) learning how to manage political success. They should cultivate folks like Atiku and Donald Duke for good counterbalance come 2019.
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by budget104: 10:39am On Jun 10, 2015
adedayourt:
all des nigeria politician just out to satisfy dey hunger fr personal gain. More reason our situation ll cont to run dat endless circular race of a better nig dat would neva h achieved.

For the common man, survive in d most possible way givin ur life d best meaning u can afford in d mist of self inflicted hardship

God is watching
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by free13: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2015
Really?....... lipsrsealed
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by deebsman1(m): 10:43am On Jun 10, 2015
Saraki should be expelled from the party. I always know his heart has neva been with APC, the popular saying about anything ilorin is "ilorin m'esu jamba' treachery is what they know best, odale.

Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by omoharry(f): 10:53am On Jun 10, 2015
slimmy05:
We have accepted change. This change is so interesting. grin grin grin grin grin
hihihihi change all the way grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by anigold(m): 10:54am On Jun 10, 2015
Isoni:
The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives
Congress has urged the national leadership of the
party to punish the Senate President, Bukola Saraki,
and the Speaker of the House of Representatives,
Yakubu Dogara, for anti-party activities.

Lagos APC, in a statement by its publicity secretary,
Mr. Joe Igbokwe, said it was saddening that Saraki
could ‘jump into bed’ with the Peoples Democratic
Party in his desperation for power.

Igbokwe described the re-election of Senator Ike
Ekweremadu as the Deputy Senate President as an
embarrassment to the APC.

The statement read, “The purported election of
Senator Saraki and Dogara as the Senate President
and Speaker respectively, is a clear transgression of
both the tenets of democracy and party politics. At
this early stage, the APC must come down strongly to mete out sanctions and punishments against
treacherous members that perpetrated this ugly
charade at this early stage of the party’s life and
history.

“As a party and given the circumstances of our
present politics, the APC stands no risk of being
eroded by this treachery. Rather, we see the clear
road to enforce discipline in the treacherous conduct of some members of the National Assembly.

“We see the need for the party to wield the big stick
now to send a message home that treachery will not
profit those who might want to cash in on similar
circumstances to spite the party and cash personal
benefits in the long run. It is certain that these
betrayers are not members of the APC and we feel
the party must weigh in now and discipline these
betrayers.”

www.punchng.com/news/punish-saraki-dogara-lagos-apc/

Hahahahahahahahahah please bunish abi punish them grin.... that will be the beginning of the end of APC a house built on lies,nepotism,tribal-polity and deception cant stand....
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by Johnpaul09(m): 11:01am On Jun 10, 2015
amichaelz101:
Yeye
You mean Adeyeye?
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by Boss13: 11:13am On Jun 10, 2015
midolian:
Even though I am not a Saraki fan, I don't really have a problem with his emergence as the senate president but the means through which he emerged..And his deputy(PDP). He has only sold out the party to the opposition and I wonder how easy it ll be for the party to implement some its plans for the country without the approval of the opposition that failed Nigeria for 16yrs. I just hope we are not back to square one

Dogara on the other hand, won fairly and doesn't deserve to be punished..its obvious that the mock election's flawed. How could he have gotten just 3votes, when somebody in the party stepped down for him and put his weight behind him? He wasnt satisfied with the mock election and went to the battlefield with the man that got over 100votes in the mock elections ..He was nominated the same way Gbajabiamila was. And an election took place, which he won and was declared. Everything doesn't have to go the "Lagos way" but the "Nigeria way". #myOpinion

You need to have a problem with his emergence as Senate President. The process was a ridiculous one which also ensure that Ekwerremadu, a PDP member, retained his seat and David Mark a majority leader. If you truly voted for CHANGE and want corruption out of Nigeria, you will clearly see that both persons at the leadership helm in the legislature are sympathetic to corruption.
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by buchilino(m): 11:15am On Jun 10, 2015
jamael:
kk
Tinubu will have the last laugh

with dat him dirty teeth
Re: Punish Saraki, Dogara– Lagos APC by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 11:17am On Jun 10, 2015
The heading should be SW APC, they where the one who was rebeled against. The SW progresive agenda just hit a major brickwall.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Sends Money Laundering, Criminal Activities Bills To Senate-vanguard / Boko Haram Kills 8 Worshipers Outside A Church In The North East / PDP Raises Alarm Over Plots To Impeach Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.