Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Flood At Igando Today (pictures) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood At Igando Today (pictures) (29731 Views)

Accident Involving Petrol Tanker And Commercial Bus In Igando, Lagos (Photos) / Trucks Collide With Tomato Truck In Igando, Lagos This Morning / (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by hazyfm: 9:05am On Jun 10, 2015
anonimi:
APC is working.

16 years of change for a state of excellence with budgets increased over 10 times since 2000 from less than N45 billion to almost N500 billion, we should NOT have this or should we

THIS IS NOT LAGOS
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by adedayourt(m): 9:06am On Jun 10, 2015
plenty of well made milo tea grin grin
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by samdolad(m): 9:07am On Jun 10, 2015
nairalandist:
Our house is just a few plots from the Igando-Abaranje footbridge somewhere around Foursquare Gospel Church. We have been experiencing continual flooding due to the tiny size of the canal. The single canal here serves as exit for waters coming from Bakare in Ikotun LCDA, Abaranje and Igando and the size of the canal is just a little bit more than a gutter. Even the Foursquare Gospel Church in the next street is flooded but the water won't allow me go out to take much pictures. . . This happened just this morning.

Whenever there's heavy rainfall, the canal gets full and the water finds its way through to the streets.

I have sent emails and letters to the Lagos State Ministry of Environment, but there has been no response. Our gutters here are not the issue and nobody here dumps refuse in the drainage because I know that'd be the first question.

We urge the Lagos State Government under Gov. Akiwunmi Ambode to come to our aid and construct the canal once and for all.

I sabi dis place wella, I stay at igando road, luckily we don't used experience such at my own side. I jst pray d govt. Come to ur aid on time

2 Likes

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by XVIER(m): 9:07am On Jun 10, 2015
K
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 10, 2015
This is purely the result of climate change we have been talking about for some decades now.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by dinocy(m): 9:10am On Jun 10, 2015
This na erosion, nor be flood grin grin grin
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by anonimi: 9:12am On Jun 10, 2015
hazyfm:

THIS IS NOT LAGOS

Did you read the OP?
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Chanchit: 9:12am On Jun 10, 2015
nairalandist:

Everything is a joke to you right?
. I don't think she's joking. The pix I'm seeing here is childs play compared to real floods.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 10, 2015
iheanyiebeneze:
This is purely the result of climate change we have been talking about for some decades now.

I can school you from A-Z about climate change, but this isn't one of them. It's just lack of proper facilities by the government. Climate change is just the excuse that my friend, Fashola gives to issues of flooding. . . We have not developed half of the infrastructures.necessary for a modern society, please let's not reason like illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Icon4s(m): 9:19am On Jun 10, 2015
And d other day when dey showed flood in Aba some peeps here were running their mouths.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by tonychristopher: 9:20am On Jun 10, 2015
IKEJA ALONG, OPEBI ROAD IS JUST FLOODED...FASHOLA IS THE BEST GOVERNOR LAGOS EVER HAD.....BETTER THAN ADESANYA

LEFT TRILLIONS IN THE COFFERS, LAGOS WAS LUCKY TO HAVE FASHOLA
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by nerodenero: 9:20am On Jun 10, 2015
Government have neglected their duties of bringing good governance to the people. Everywhere you see bad roads without well-channelled drainages.

The masses also contribute their part. Why not dispose your waste properly instead of dumping them in gutters when it rains or not? After the drainages are blocked with refuse and roads filled with water and refuse too, the roads get bad and these polithiefcians allocate monies for this purpose and yet pocket them.

Again, do you blame some of the masses? We don't have good disposal management to dispose these refuse promptly.

I blame both the masses and the government but majorly the government because if they construct good roads with drainages and put proper waste management in place, the masses won't suffer. If the masses know there are punishment spelt out for dumping refuse in water-ways, they would desist.

After all said and done, the task of rebuilding Nigeria is a task that must be done.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 10, 2015
nairalandist:

I can school you from A-Z about climate change, but this isn't one of them. It's just lack of proper facilities by the government. Climate change is just the excuse that my friend, Fashola gives to issues of flooding. . . We have not developed half of the infrastructures.necessary for a modern society, please let's not reason like illiterates.
please, learn to be less insultive, he was just giving his own opinion, even if he's not correct, you can correct him without using insultive words
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Dollyak(f): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2015
nairalandist:

There's a lot to be done by the government I tell.you. You hardly see public facilities being maintained properly, even by the government. Thank God LAWMA is trying.
The thing is, why not create an agency that
will maintain most of these facilities? It's cheaper to maintain infrastructures than to allow them to wear out. I wonder if our government think sometimes.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Dollyak(f): 9:26am On Jun 10, 2015
Lagos needs to create her own version of Thames.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 10, 2015
Sammyblake:
please, learn to be less insultive, he was just giving his own opinion, even if he's not correct, you can correct him without using insultive words

The Nigerian definition of.insult that doesnt allow us to get to the point right? Show me how I insulted him. ...
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by emhoonline(m): 9:28am On Jun 10, 2015
Go to coconut to berger under bridge and see flood...that where you will knw that even federal govt are not helpn lagos state too

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 10, 2015
nairalandist:

The Nigerian definition of.insult that doesnt allow us to get to the point right? Show me how I insulted him. ...
telling someone not to reason like an illiterate is not insultive enough shey? Kk i rest my case
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by harry509: 9:32am On Jun 10, 2015
nairalandist:
Our house is just a few plots from the Igando-Abaranje footbridge somewhere around Foursquare Gospel Church. We have been experiencing continual flooding due to the tiny size of the canal. The single canal here serves as exit for waters coming from Bakare in Ikotun LCDA, Abaranje and Igando and the size of the canal is just a little bit more than a gutter. Even the Foursquare Gospel Church in the next street is flooded but the water won't allow me go out to take much pictures. . . This happened just this morning.

Whenever there's heavy rainfall, the canal gets full and the water finds its way through to the streets.

I have sent emails and letters to the Lagos State Ministry of Environment, but there has been no response. Our gutters here are not the issue and nobody here dumps refuse in the drainage because I know that'd be the first question.

We urge the Lagos State Government under Gov. Akiwunmi Ambode to come to our aid and construct the canal once and for all.

na everywia ooh. Cum 2 sum part of edo state, sum landlord Rr now tenant n sum area.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 10, 2015
Dollyak:
Lagos needs to create her own version of Thames.

My sweetheart will you marry me?
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by olaglamour(f): 9:39am On Jun 10, 2015
nairalandist:

I pity people living in swampy areas, most especially during raining season.
I will advise you to make use of Channels TV i-witness programme. I hope that helps

1 Like

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by akinola107(m): 9:41am On Jun 10, 2015
na freestyle dis one dey do beside our own for V I

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by yurmieP(m): 9:42am On Jun 10, 2015
Dis 1 still fair nau,,,com c 4 VI
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Empressomotola: 9:43am On Jun 10, 2015
And this another definition of what is happening in your area...it is everywhere,i just hope something is done quickly sad

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by omaji53jeremiah: 9:45am On Jun 10, 2015
it is a really sad situation you guys find yourself in but not withstanding i think the way out is for the community to go to the relivant authority in their numbers report their grieviances .You have to do more than just sending mails
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by kennyrichfirst(m): 9:46am On Jun 10, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]ogaoooooooooooo cryogaoooooooooooo
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Dollyak(f): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

My sweetheart will you marry me?
lol nah.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by bdbest2(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2015
Lagos pple say na APC dem want. So they shld bear it.

For your OTG flash drive, plz check my signature.

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 10, 2015
Dollyak:

lol nah.

Omg! cry cry cry cry cry cry

Why reject me like that na; you don't know me.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by kennyrichfirst(m): 9:50am On Jun 10, 2015
omo ........see waterrrrrrrrrr
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Dollyak(f): 9:54am On Jun 10, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Omg! cry cry cry cry cry cry

Why reject me like that na; you don't know me.
Aww... I am sure you are great 'man' with bright future ahead of you.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by lozanni(m): 9:55am On Jun 10, 2015
nairalandist:
Everything is a joke to you right?

No mind am. Its the person wearing a shoe that knows where it pinches.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

States Less Popular Than Their Capitals / 7 UNIMAID Students Die In Accident In Yobe (Disturbing Photos) / Stranded Nigerians In Russia Are Back In Abuja (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.