Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Flood At Igando Today (pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood At Igando Today (pictures) (29734 Views)

Accident Involving Petrol Tanker And Commercial Bus In Igando, Lagos (Photos) / Trucks Collide With Tomato Truck In Igando, Lagos This Morning / (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 10, 2015
Dollyak:

Aww... I am sure you are great 'man' with bright future ahead of you.

Thank you, so why can't we talk? Pls do you have any email address you could drop here for me? Please don't drop the one attached to your facebook and others, any other one will do. smiley
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by FKO81(m): 9:57am On Jun 10, 2015
bdbest2:
Lagos pple say na APC dem want. So they shld bear it.

For your OTG flash drive, plz check my signature.
Not just Nigerians that hates Tinubu, even Atlantic ocean is not happy with Bodilon mafia
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 10, 2015
Na normal thing for my friend area, over 15years in Satellite Town Ojo,
And Oriado LG is even there. All they do is lock shops, enter market and harass market people and tax residence anyhow.
That was the reason the people there voted APC out in that LG

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by HzRF(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2015
Hmmm

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by bdbest2(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2015
FKO81:

Not just Nigerians that hates Tinubu, even Atlantic ocean is not happy with Bodilon mafia

Tinubu needs to plan vry well if he still need to be in control
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by lozanni(m): 10:09am On Jun 10, 2015
lipsrsealed
EUROBOMBER:

Thank you, so why can't we talk? Pls do you have any email address you could drop here for me? Please don't drop the one attached to your facebook and others, any other one will do. smiley
[img][quote author=EUROBOMBER post=34616668]

EUROBOMBER, na you bi dis ?

The guy don fall in ...

1 Like

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by chamboy(m): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2015
Chukwutobi:
See you,

Igando is all you see, go to other areas and you will be amazed!

And someone somewhere is praising Fashola...smh...Lagosians are veiled with propaganda
Reporting live from Nnewi, Anambra
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by chamboy(m): 10:13am On Jun 10, 2015
FKO81:

use dis brain pls
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Maximus85(m): 10:14am On Jun 10, 2015
nairalandist:
Our house is just a few plots from the Igando-Abaranje footbridge somewhere around Foursquare Gospel Church. We have been experiencing continual flooding due to the tiny size of the canal. The single canal here serves as exit for waters coming from Bakare in Ikotun LCDA, Abaranje and Igando and the size of the canal is just a little bit more than a gutter. Even the Foursquare Gospel Church in the next street is flooded but the water won't allow me go out to take much pictures. . . This happened just this morning.

Whenever there's heavy rainfall, the canal gets full and the water finds its way through to the streets.

I have sent emails and letters to the Lagos State Ministry of Environment, but there has been no response. Our gutters here are not the issue and nobody here dumps refuse in the drainage because I know that'd be the first question.

We urge the Lagos State Government under Gov. Akiwunmi Ambode to come to our aid and construct the canal once and for all.

This one na flood? Come my area for Ayobo make you come see ocean.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by littlemistress: 10:17am On Jun 10, 2015
Ijegun is worse.. Ijagemo, Ijedodo & all those axis, it's just as if those area ain't on Lagos map.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by donpy(m): 10:23am On Jun 10, 2015
Funjosh:
As at 1996 that I moved to Igando, those places your house is Located are not land to build houses on, but just swampy forest that stretches from Igando to Abaranje/Egan/Akesan/Obadore down to Iba. I blame the people that bought land their, the greedy people that sold the lands and the government that aprroved the buildings. lipsrsealed

I live in Obadore and ave bin here since May 1998 and i have NEVER experienced water disturbance or any form of flood and u know obadore is just few meters from the canal so nxt tym dont generalise...d only water issue i experience regularly is that when rain falls heavily, the well gets filled up buh and d water get a little dirty buh i dont care cus i use a sub massive pumping machine and i use a water purifier...not evrywhre is swampy...@op dat side of igando in dis pix is d end towards the ira,towards d boundary...i can say there is no whre aroumd the bustop going towards isuiti or behind d police station, towards akesan sat can be dis way apart from low level lands whre water frm the top flows to...nd by the way ur pix ddnt pick any building close or nearby so if dere are no reasonable no residents in d area y wuld u xpct d lcda to come fix d road for d owner of the baby boy nd his family alone....
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by jamalchance(m): 10:24am On Jun 10, 2015
Na dis small water u dey complain. About
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by bidexmat(m): 10:26am On Jun 10, 2015
bigtt76:
This job hi flood naaa grin when it reaches your waist and displaces you from your bed..... then that is flood grin
wickedness grin
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 10, 2015
lozanni:
lipsrsealed[img]

What do you mean? cheesy cheesy cheesy I have seen a beautiful flower that I desire and I am pursuing her. cool cool
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by carzola(m): 10:34am On Jun 10, 2015
mtcheeewwwwww and the dogs put this on front page.... angry angry angry crack addicts
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 10, 2015
nairalandist:
Our house is just a few plots from the Igando-Abaranje footbridge somewhere around Foursquare Gospel Church. We have been experiencing continual flooding due to the tiny size of the canal. The single canal here serves as exit for waters coming from Bakare in Ikotun LCDA, Abaranje and Igando and the size of the canal is just a little bit more than a gutter. Even the Foursquare Gospel Church in the next street is flooded but the water won't allow me go out to take much pictures. . . This happened just this morning.

Whenever there's heavy rainfall, the canal gets full and the water finds its way through to the streets.

I have sent emails and letters to the Lagos State Ministry of Environment, but there has been no response. Our gutters here are not the issue and nobody here dumps refuse in the drainage because I know that'd be the first question.

We urge the Lagos State Government under Gov. Akiwunmi Ambode to come to our aid and construct the canal once and for all.

bros come to ayobo. you won't dare take your car out if its not a jeep. even inside danfo, you have to raise ur legs. let's hope and believe and agitate for things to get better as time goes on
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Timoleon(m): 10:53am On Jun 10, 2015
Funjosh:
As at 1996 that I moved to Igando, those places your house is Located are not land to build houses on, but just swampy forest that stretches from Igando to Abaranje/Egan/Akesan/Obadore down to Iba. I blame the people that bought land their, the greedy people that sold the lands and the government that aprroved the buildings. lipsrsealed

Thanks bro...people buy swamps, build houses on it and expect everything to be fine forgetting the swamp always gets revived every rainy season and with the effects of global warming doubling up, the torrential rains coming to lagos will be almost unpredictable.

2 Likes

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by chaxking(m): 10:58am On Jun 10, 2015
[poor surveillance quote author=nairalandist post=34613789]Our house is just a few plots from the Igando-Abaranje footbridge somewhere around Foursquare Gospel Church. We have been experiencing continual flooding due to the tiny size of the canal. The single canal here serves as exit for waters coming from Bakare in Ikotun LCDA, Abaranje and Igando and the size of the canal is just a little bit more than a gutter. Even the Foursquare Gospel Church in the next street is flooded but the water won't allow me go out to take much pictures. . . This happened just this morning.

[/quote]
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by emenite909(m): 11:00am On Jun 10, 2015
Same here in coconut water everywhere
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by moderate99(m): 11:37am On Jun 10, 2015
Ambo aati de
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Chibokgame: 11:37am On Jun 10, 2015
Op!
Are you sure this is Lagos state?
Mmmm.
I thought Fashola has fixed everything in Lagos.

According to his Nairaland supporters.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by erisegun: 11:52am On Jun 10, 2015
asumo12:
This one small to my own area na at ijegun!
pix or adontbelivit
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by erisegun: 11:52am On Jun 10, 2015
moderate99:
Ambo aati de
de si bo? undecided
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by erisegun: 11:54am On Jun 10, 2015
carzola:
mtcheeewwwwww and the dogs put this on front page.... angry angry angry crack addicts
u nid deliverance
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by carzola(m): 11:56am On Jun 10, 2015
erisegun:
u nid deliverance
If your mum does deliverance then your right i need it. grin grin can u connect us?
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by erisegun: 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
moderate99:
Ambo aati de
de si bo? undecided
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by erisegun: 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
carzola:
If your mum does deliverance then your right i need it. grin grin can u connect us?
no she doesnt* bt I heard ur grandma does*
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by bettercreature(m): 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
bigtt76:
This nor bi flood naaa grin when it reaches your waist and displaces you from your bed..... then that is flood grin
Exactly,dont mind the OP this is just heavy rain no be flood,i was expecting to see cars and houses floating on water
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 2:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
donpy:

I live in Obadore and ave bin here since May 1998 and i have NEVER experienced water disturbance or any form of flood and u know obadore is just few meters from the canal so nxt tym dont generalise...d only water issue i experience regularly is that when rain falls heavily, the well gets filled up buh and d water get a little dirty buh i dont care cus i use a sub massive pumping machine and i use a water purifier...not evrywhre is swampy...@op dat side of igando in dis pix is d end towards the ira,towards d boundary...i can say there is no whre aroumd the bustop going towards isuiti or behind d police station, towards akesan sat can be dis way apart from low level lands whre water frm the top flows to...nd by the way ur pix ddnt pick any building close or nearby so if dere are no reasonable no residents in d area y wuld u xpct d lcda to come fix d road for d owner of the baby boy nd his family alone....

Oga. Read where the OP is talking about, the place is not far from the link bridge that link Akesan to Abaranje. I never Generalized becos the part am staying close to Dapsey Petrol station we don't and can never experience such. So please pipe low and understand a post well before you start spewing trash lipsrsealed
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by 19naia(m): 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
So this is the fate of Eko Atlantic as well? Or have they designed proper underground drainage in eko atlantic?
Lagos is overpriced and this kind flooding devalues the real estate in any developed country... Even Eko hotel is affected and overpriced..

They should just pack up and sell the whole city to catfish farmers, and surely more productivity will yeild from that area... grin
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
angry angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
Funjosh:

You might know the history of the area, but that doesn't mean people can't buy lands close to the canal. Go to every developed place in the world and you'll see people building houses even immediately beside canals. It's a simple infrastructural issue, the poster has given his reasons, please don't just talk without reasonable points.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 UNIMAID Students Die In Accident In Yobe (Disturbing Photos) / States Less Popular Than Their Capitals / Stranded Nigerians In Russia Are Back In Abuja (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.