Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,363 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Flood At Igando Today (pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood At Igando Today (pictures) (29729 Views)

Accident Involving Petrol Tanker And Commercial Bus In Igando, Lagos (Photos) / Trucks Collide With Tomato Truck In Igando, Lagos This Morning / (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Funjosh:

Oga. Read where the OP is talking about, the place is not far from the link bridge that link Akesan to Abaranje. I never Generalized becos the part am staying close to Dapsey Petrol station we don't and can never experience such. So please pipe low and understand a post well before you start spewing trash lipsrsealed

Just because something doesn't affect you doesn't mean you know what you're saying. . . I know people like you.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
donpy:

I live in Obadore and ave bin here since May 1998 and i have NEVER experienced water disturbance or any form of flood and u know obadore is just few meters from the canal so nxt tym dont generalise...d only water issue i experience regularly is that when rain falls heavily, the well gets filled up buh and d water get a little dirty buh i dont care cus i use a sub massive pumping machine and i use a water purifier...not evrywhre is swampy...@op dat side of igando in dis pix is d end towards the ira,towards d boundary...i can say there is no whre aroumd the bustop going towards isuiti or behind d police station, towards akesan sat can be dis way apart from low level lands whre water frm the top flows to...nd by the way ur pix ddnt pick any building close or nearby so if dere are no reasonable no residents in d area y wuld u xpct d lcda to come fix d road for d owner of the baby boy nd his family alone....

You don't even have to argue with him. He has not gone out of his comfort zone, that's why he can afford to talk like that. When people hear development, they think it's all about running and making excuses. Please go and take a look at that canal, it is very free... all over the world, it's the government's responsibility to create infrastructure to make life easier.

That same canal, sometimes affects the main Igando-Ikotun road when it's full. It gets flooded easily and floods the entire area.

The question here is: Should a properly constructed canal always cause flooding? NO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
jassie:

You might know the history of the area, but that doesn't mean people can't buy lands close to the canal. Go to every developed place in the world and you'll see people building houses even immediately beside canals. It's a simple infrastructural issue, the poster has given his reasons, please don't just talk without reasonable points.

Please ignore the guy. . . Some people believe they know it all, whereas they don't know anything.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
jassie:

You might know the history of the area, but that doesn't mean people can't buy lands close to the canal. Go to every developed place in the world and you'll see people building houses even immediately beside canals. It's a simple infrastructural issue, the poster has given his reasons, please don't just talk without reasonable points.

I like your post and the way you make your point, but let say the Fact, becos they do it in the developed world doesn't mean we can be doing it now here. We all know that they are far far away from us in everything and they got a swift response whenever nature call, you can't disturb the ecology and movement of Nature without expecting its effect in no time. Am very sure this will keepon occurring becos of the Location those houses were built.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
nairalandist:

Just because something doesn't affect you doesn't mean you know what you're saying. . . I know people like you.

No hard feelongs bro cool
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 7:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
nairalandist:

You don't even have to argue with him. He has not gone out of his comfort zone, that's why he can afford to talk like that. When people hear development, they think it's all about running and making excuses. Please go and take a look at that canal, it is very free... all over the world, it's the government's responsibility to create infrastructure to make life easier.

That same canal, sometimes affects the main Igando-Ikotun road when it's full. It gets flooded easily and floods the entire area.

The question here is: Should a properly constructed canal always cause flooding? NO!

Can you please do me a favour, Check what a Canal is and what a Swamp is?
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
Funjosh:

Can you please do me a favour, Check what a Canal is and what a Swamp is?

You don't make sense. . . and.please stop quoting me. If you don't have any helpful comment just shut up and face your family.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
nairalandist:

You don't make sense. . . and.please stop quoting me. If you don't have any helpful comment just shut up and face your family.

It Is Well with you. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

States Less Popular Than Their Capitals / 7 UNIMAID Students Die In Accident In Yobe (Disturbing Photos) / Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.