Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Flood At Igando Today (pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood At Igando Today (pictures) (29706 Views)

Accident Involving Petrol Tanker And Commercial Bus In Igando, Lagos (Photos) / Trucks Collide With Tomato Truck In Igando, Lagos This Morning / (abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 10, 2015
[Close to] Igando-Abaranje footbridge, [there is] continual flooding due to the tiny size of the canal. The single canal here serves as exit for waters coming from Bakare in Ikotun LCDA, Abaranje and Igando and the size of the canal is just a little bit more than a gutter. Even the Foursquare Gospel Church in the next street is flooded. This happened just this morning.

Whenever there's heavy rainfall, the canal gets full and the water finds its way through to the streets.

I have sent emails and letters to the Lagos State Ministry of Environment, but there has been no response. Our gutters here are not the issue and nobody here dumps refuse in the drainage because I know that'd be the first question.

We urge the Lagos State Government under Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode to come to our aid and construct the canal once and for all.

4 Likes

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by bigtt76(f): 8:29am On Jun 10, 2015
This nor bi flood naaa grin when it reaches your waist and displaces you from your bed..... then that is flood grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 10, 2015
heavy downpour in lagos as a whole
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 10, 2015
bigtt76:
This job hi flood naaa grin when it reaches your waist and displaces you from your bed..... then that is flood grin
Everything is a joke to you right?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 10, 2015
Themaingate:
heavy downpour in lagos as a whole

There's a lot to be done by the government I tell.you. You hardly see public facilities being maintained properly, even by the government. Thank God LAWMA is trying.

1 Like

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Maxymilliano(m): 8:35am On Jun 10, 2015
More reason Lagos is referred to as the State of Aquatic splendour ...

@Op, sorry eh, the best bet is to resort to self-help, expecting the LCDA or the State government to move in to ameliorate the situation will be like waiting for godot. Una go wait taya ...

1 Like

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by bigtt76(f): 8:35am On Jun 10, 2015
Sorry dear was drenched too this morning kiss

nairalandist:

Everything is a joke to you right?
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 10, 2015
Y'all built houses on the canal way?

2 Likes

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by vislabraye(m): 8:38am On Jun 10, 2015
This is typical of Lagos.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 10, 2015
Obiagelli:
Y'all built houses on the canal way?

Please use your brain and read up before commenting. . .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 10, 2015
Maxymilliano:
More reason Lagos is referred to as the State of Aquatic splendour ...

@Op, sorry eh, the best bet is to resort to self-help, expecting the LCDA or the State government to move in to ameliorate the situation will be like waiting for godot. Una go wait taya ...

We can't possibly construct a canal linking 3 major LCDAs in Alimosho local government ourselves, can we? We've done our best sir, but the canals are just too tiny and left unconstructed because they see this place as a rural area. . .
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Vikkie14: 8:45am On Jun 10, 2015
nairalandist:

Perhaps you're too foolish to read up. . .
Has anything GOOD and SENSIBLE comes out of her nazareth?

8 Likes

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Sandydayz(f): 8:46am On Jun 10, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Realdeals(m): 8:51am On Jun 10, 2015
Is this the situation before you relocate to the site or it something that started after you moved in?

1 Like

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Ponponkon: 8:53am On Jun 10, 2015
Ishilove lalasticlala this one nobe aba na y e neva hit front page. Seun take note

3 Likes

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Bonapart(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2015
Fashola handy work before leaving the office

1 Like

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Burger01(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2015
sad
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by dapsin999(m): 9:00am On Jun 10, 2015
I am happy you commended LAWMA, cos seriously there are working.
nairalandist:

There's a lot to be done by the government I tell.you. You hardly see public facilities being maintained properly, even by the government. Thank God LAWMA is trying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by asumo12: 9:00am On Jun 10, 2015
This one small to my own area na at ijegun!

2 Likes

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by tejpot(m): 9:00am On Jun 10, 2015
Do something Ambo

2 Likes

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by anonimi: 9:01am On Jun 10, 2015
APC is working.

16 years of change for a state of excellence with budgets increased over 10 times since 2000 from less than N45 billion to almost N500 billion, we should NOT have this or should we

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Empiremate(m): 9:01am On Jun 10, 2015
Let's contribute something pleaseee

1 Like

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by realtestament(m): 9:02am On Jun 10, 2015
I jux got a boat 4 myself grin

3 Likes

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by chesterlee(m): 9:02am On Jun 10, 2015
Eko oni baje oh.......

2 Likes

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by braine(m): 9:02am On Jun 10, 2015
Flood ke... How can u show some undeveloped area and tag it as a place in Lagos? Even if its in Lagos, that is just an unkept area. Keep waiting for the government.

1 Like

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Pavore9: 9:03am On Jun 10, 2015
Eyah! Keep disturbing Lagos State Ministry of Environment and whoever is representing your area in the State House of Assembly.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Chukwutobi: 9:03am On Jun 10, 2015
See you,

Igando is all you see, go to other areas and you will be amazed!

And someone somewhere is praising Fashola...smh...Lagosians are veiled with propaganda

3 Likes

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by daris(m): 9:03am On Jun 10, 2015
better
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 9:03am On Jun 10, 2015
As at 1996 that I moved to Igando, those places your house is Located are not land to build houses on, but just swampy forest that stretches from Igando to Abaranje/Egan/Akesan/Obadore down to Iba. I blame the people that bought land their, the greedy people that sold the lands and the government that aprroved the buildings. lipsrsealed

14 Likes

Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by 360ng: 9:04am On Jun 10, 2015
God help us.
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by hazyfm: 9:04am On Jun 10, 2015
grin grin

WHAT VILLAGE IS THIS?

I ONLY SEE TALL TREES AND GRASSES

I DON'T THINK THIS IS PART OF LAGOS
Re: Flood At Igando Today (pictures) by olasclef(m): 9:04am On Jun 10, 2015
this is semi-flood na cheesy grin shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan / States Less Popular Than Their Capitals / LASG Unveils Lagos Ride Scheme.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.