Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married (7685 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Why Do Nigerian Men Find It Difficult To Forgive A Cheating Wife? / Marriage? Nigerian Guys In Europe Are Shying Away From Nigerian Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by tpia: 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2009
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by debosky(m): 4:33pm On Apr 14, 2009
tpia you sef! grin

must you also attack naija males at the slightest opportunity? grin

I do agree with you - that post was incoherent rambling - maybe we need to impose a word limit on posts so people can express themselves succinctly. cheesy

US and UK girls find it 'difficult' (from a typical Nigerian perspective but maybe not to the ladies themselves) to get married simply because they will not settle for just anyone to meet up with societal pressure of bearing 'Mrs so and so' or sacrificing their own personal ambitions simply to become a wife.

In addition, they do not easily fit into the parochial naija male's box for a wife, hence another conundrum. Dating pools are also diminished (if you want to marry Nigerian) so the good ones tend to be taken quickly leaving the dregs so extra patience is needed.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by JustGood(m): 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2009
@chichi, is that your pic?

I'm wondering if you work in the entertainment industry - the circus?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by JustGood(m): 5:01pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ debosky, I meet a lot of girls and when they open up, it's generally different from what you opined.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by tpia: 5:08pm On Apr 14, 2009
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Hoodwing(m): 6:09pm On Apr 14, 2009
There are two problems to this.
First most of naija men have old way of living and will always beat them when they are married. Lol
secondly, the foreign based girls now see we naija guys as local champions and would prefere to stay single.
But for those girls that have lived in naija before relocating knows that blood is thicker than water so they will always find there way back home to answer role call lol.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by luvbooks(f): 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2009
brutal:

@poster-i don't quite get it.do u mean marriage 4 love or 4 paper?because most have married b4 2 whites,blacks or whoever and some r still in it.most in europe have husbands but that's not a guarantee they r happy.talking about unfailthfulness--it's an individual thing,it has nothing 2 do with race.when a white man cheats on his partner,he blames it on alcohol"I WAS DRUNK".And when a black man cheats also,he blames it on d devil"NA DEVIL WORK".another fact is that u can't trust a white man or woman cos u don't know what they'll do next.they can change any time(LIKE D GERMAN WEATHER).They r prone 2 depression.una see as people dey commit suicide,we no know who dey mad again cry.so marry ur level.marry someone that will give u peace and compatible with.i don yarn finish oh. cry

Thank You!!!! If you have a problem with girls born in the UK/US, then marry your level (girls born in Naija). End Of Story.
Don't know what all this debate is about. undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by olabukola: 10:19am On Apr 15, 2009
Why do this british girls attach thier mind on this paper? I don't just understand that. I mean a guy will come over struggle and get paper, he will willingly travel home to marry a girl and bring her over. Why is it difficult for a girl to marry someone that have over stayed his visa. To be honest it is difficult for a nigerian guy with paper to marry a nigerian girl with paper. Check people around you and see for yourself. Not only Nigerians i work with 3 ghana guys and they have the same view. Maybe we are wrong but somehow somewhere those girls are not cutting it.
Most nigerian born brit will chose to marry a Nigerian girl that is illegal than to marry a british born nigerian that grew up in britain.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by brutal(m): 11:11am On Apr 18, 2009
olabukola:

Why do this british girls attach thier mind on this paper? I don't just understand that. I mean a guy will come over struggle and get paper, he will willingly travel home to marry a girl and bring her over. Why is it difficult for a girl to marry someone that have over stayed his visa. To be honest it is difficult for a nigerian guy with paper to marry a nigerian girl with paper. Check people around you and see for yourself. Not only Nigerians i work with 3 ghana guys and they have the same view. Maybe we are wrong but somehow somewhere those girls are not cutting it.
Most nigerian born brit will chose to marry a Nigerian girl that is illegal than to marry a british born nigerian that grew up in britain.
cos,they feel u r after d paper.they need 2 be convinced,which's not a bad idea.it's not just d briticos but other westerners as well.They r aware that some of d paper seekers have wives and children back home and which might not be irreplaceable.other reasons like lies and fear of unfaithfulness.there r still some good guys who r ready 2 stay as long as they treat them right.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Treetop20(m): 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2009
olabukola:

in that case, good for them then
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Sauron1: 3:32pm On Apr 18, 2009
olabukola:

Because British-born Naija women are what they are. . . . . . . .Twats!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by tope2000(f): 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2009
olabukola:

I have noticed that too but most of the chic excuse are usually thats the reason why he is still with me, i actually heard a story of a guy that only date a girl with her papers intact . . . . .apparently wheneva he meet a new girl he usually ask her to travel with him, the girl's answer will detemine if she has paper or not meanwhile he doesnt have any paper himself but just looking a chic that will help him get his own . . . . .now tell me wud any girl wanna marry that kind of guy?? i know i wudnt angry
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Treetop20(m): 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2009
tope2000:

I have noticed that too but most of the chic excuse are usually thats the reason why he is still with me, i actually heard a story of a guy that only date a girl with her papers intact . . . . .apparently wheneva he meet a new girl he usually ask her to travel with him, the girl's answer will detemine if she has paper or not meanwhile he doesnt have any paper himself but just looking a chic that will help him get his own . . . . .now tell me wud any girl wanna marry that kind of guy?? i know i wudnt angry
i wonder why these blokes find it hard to understand
that most of the so called paperless men are just looking for
who to use for immigration purposes. I know lots of lasses it has
happened to.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by tope2000(f): 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2009
Treetop20:

happened to.

Thank you . . . .u dont who to trust nowadayz . . . i swear
I mean u cant help but think . . .is he with u cus of the paper or truly undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Treetop20(m): 10:07pm On Apr 18, 2009
tope2000:

I mean u cant help but think . . .is he with u cus of the paper or truly undecided
then lie about it
tell him you haven't got any and if he disappears
afterwards then that is fine.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by tope2000(f): 10:16pm On Apr 18, 2009
Treetop20:

then lie about it
tell him you haven't got any and if he disappears
afterwards then that is fine.

Thats one way of looking at it grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by ladykool(f): 3:33am On Apr 19, 2009
@poster
where did u get dat conclusion from that naija born here find it difficult to get married? na u know o!
just because they dont want to get married early doesnt necessary mean that they find it difficult to marry or maybe
they havent find the Mr. right yet!

olabukola:

Why do this british girls attach thier mind on this paper? I don't just understand that. I mean a guy will come over struggle and get paper, he will willingly travel home to marry a girl and bring her over. Why is it difficult for a girl to marry someone that have over stayed his visa. To be honest it is difficult for a nigerian guy with paper to marry a nigerian girl with paper. Check people around you and see for yourself.
na una sabi o. why wont they put their mind on paper when a guy marry them just mainly to get their paper why wont they run away frm them. besides my mama told me to run away frm naija guys dat ova stayed their visa oops lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by amarilo: 9:26am On Apr 19, 2009
na una sabi o. why wont they put their mind on paper when a guy marry them just mainly to get their paper why wont they run away frm them. besides my mama told me to run away frm naija guys dat ova stayed their visa oops
Even when you love him? Maybe your mama love and wanna keep you. grin grin. Wait till you are 30 sometin she will remind you one day that your time will soon expire.

I mean u cant help but think . . .is he with u cus of the paper or truly
The irony of it is that those that are legal don't think of marrying you gyls. Moreover Marriage is not what you decide withing two months of meeting each other. Lets look at it from this angle, A guy from your home town can never marry and leave you when he get his papers. Nigerians marry and divorce oyibos and not fellow Nigerians. An Igbo guy cannot marry an Igbo gyl and divorce her after getting the paper when they are children involved. We value marriage and the product of it.

happened to.
What of the paperless gyls that our guys marry, why don't you tag them with the same label?
My sisters married papersless nigerians and they leave hapily with their husbands as i write now. Being paperless doesn't make those guys irresponsible. Most of them that were once paperless tends to do better than born brits when they legalise. If you are brit by birth its either your dad give your mum paper or vice versa.

Because British-born Naija women are what they are. . . . . . . .Twats!!!
Not all of them bros.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 21, 2009
The irony of it is that those that are legal don't think of marrying you gyls. Moreover Marriage is not what you decide withing two months of meeting each other. Lets look at it from this angle, A guy from your home town can never marry and leave you when he get his papers. Nigerians marry and divorce oyibos and not fellow Nigerians. An Igbo guy cannot marry an Igbo gyl and divorce her after getting the paper when they are children involved. We value marriage and the product of it.

YES CORRECT!

What of the paperless gyls that our guys marry, why don't you tag them with the same label?
abi oo! its not about paper stuff,  its all about the person. Paper is just to help your partner to be legal in the country,  Period!  tongue    I can't marry a girl because of paper if I don't love her!   F U C K   PAPER!

Why do most Nigerian Women abroad think Nigeria men are after this paper? PAPER MY FEET! I MATCH YOU!

But to be sincere, this paper shit is causing lots of problems, wetin this paper dey cause no be small thing oo!

Interesting thread!  smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by chikeobi(m): 9:13am On Apr 21, 2009
But to be sincere, this paper shit is causing lots of problems, wetin this paper dey cause no be small thing oo!
Interesting thread!
the only people it's causing problem to are the the gyls that attach their life on it. Many have married their paper and many will still marry it. Most of them don't even have good character.

na una sabi o. why wont they put their mind on paper when a guy marry them just mainly to get their paper why wont they run away frm them. besides my mama told me to run away frm naija guys dat ova stayed their visa oops
sounds like your mum is lipsrsealed.

where did u get dat conclusion from that naija born here find it difficult to get married? na u know o!
just because they dont want to get married early doesnt necessary mean that they find it difficult to marry or maybe
they havent find the Mr. right yet!
its very easy to find out. I have many of them that are still single going to late 30s. Maybe late 30s is early in you british mind. If you have sisters you can find out from your own home. You dont need ipso poll to find out. You better learn from others otherwise you gonna sing had i know
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by ladykool(f): 11:05pm On Apr 21, 2009
@chikeobi and amarilo

i dont care what u ppl say or think. so wat if they want to be single till late 30s cuz they are no good men around. wetin cum be una problem for there! no worry if i like make i be 50 no marry i no go still say had i knw i will still be enjoying my life cool so no worri am kool.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 22, 2009
I dont understand the people taking panadol for other folks's headaches either.

Trust a naija man to wonder about "those girls who cant get none of this"

Did the girls say they wanted "some of that"?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by presido1: 7:39am On Apr 22, 2009
lady kool:

@chikeobi and amarilo

i dont care what u ppl say or think. so wat if they want to be single till late 30s cuz they are no good men around. wetin cum be una problem for there! no worry if i like make i be 50 no marry i no go still say had i knw i will still be enjoying my life cool so no worri am kool.
U will be kool if u chose not marry not when u want to but nobody finds you. Well not wishing you that i know ma naija sisters out there are representing wella.

tpia2:

I dont understand the people taking panadol for other folks's headaches either.
Trust a naija man to wonder about "those girls who cant get none of this"
Did the girls say they wanted "some of that"?
How is emeka? grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by debosky(m): 11:57pm On Apr 22, 2009
Tope do you have papers?

If yes, please forward you application. . .I am looking for a wifey. grin grin grin

berra hurry up before you expire on the shelf. cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by sherifatou: 1:41am On Apr 23, 2009
presido1:

U will be kool if u chose not marry not when u want to but nobody finds you.

indeed!!! You feel the world begins and ends with you!(plural)
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by sherifatou: 4:15am On Apr 23, 2009
I dont believe the kind of myth being peddled on this thread. Even this lady is getting some from the likes of y'all, so what's with the hysteria mode

The 47-year-old spinster told viewers of the U.K. TV talent show that she lived alone, had a cat called Pebbles, and had "never been kissed."

But it wasn't true.

Boyle, who has competed in countless talent shows, used the line to curry favor with the audience. She told a TV interviewer from U.K. breakfast show GMTV, "That was made as a joke! Never been kissed? I've never stopped."

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/musictoob/2909/susan-boyle-joked-about-never-being-kissed/
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by presido1: 8:55am On Apr 23, 2009
sherifatou:

indeed!!! You feel the world begins and ends with you!(plural)
Hahahaha go and look for emeka pls. My name doesn't look like his.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by sherifatou: 5:57pm On Apr 23, 2009
presido1:

Hahahaha go and look for emeka pls. My name doesn't look like his.

did I call you before you called me?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by presido1: 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2009
sherifatou:

did I call you before you called me?
Was passing somewhere today and i saw tilapia £2.99 i remembered you. Next i pass that area i will buy one of you. grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by tope2000(f): 10:35pm On Apr 23, 2009
debosky:

Tope do you have papers?

If yes, please forward you application. . .I am looking for a wifey. grin grin grin

berra hurry up before you expire on the shelf. cheesy

Actually i was abt to ask u same question . . . . grin cheesy
Do u know any guy that has paper that i can marry cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by presido1: 10:40pm On Apr 23, 2009
tope2000:

Actually i was abt to ask u same question . . . . grin cheesy
Do u know any guy that has paper that i can marry cheesy
4play he will make a good husband cool cool cool
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by tope2000(f): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2009
presido1:

4play he will make a good husband cool cool cool

I would have loved to marry 4play but he has been playing away angry grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

One Man, One Room, One Motorcycle, Two Wives N Four Children! / A 2 and half year Old Beating With Turning Stick Because She Couldn't Count / Help Me Get Over My Sister's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.