Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married (7688 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Why Do Nigerian Men Find It Difficult To Forgive A Cheating Wife? / Marriage? Nigerian Guys In Europe Are Shying Away From Nigerian Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by presido1: 11:09pm On Apr 23, 2009
tope2000:

I would have loved to marry 4play but he has been playing away angry grin
Awwww ok but u can stop him from playing around naw by giving it to him 24/7. How about that. grin grin
Wait ooh what of jackal? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by tope2000(f): 12:20am On Apr 24, 2009
presido1:

Awwww ok but u can stop him from playing around naw by giving it to him 24/7. How about that. grin grin
Wait ooh what of jackal? undecided undecided undecided

Even if i give to him 25/8 he still wont be satisfied
This is why am with my jackal cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by RichyBlacK(m): 12:25am On Apr 24, 2009
In the U.S., it's carzy! The American-born or American-brought-up Naija girls are over-represented in the pool of Naija babes for obvious reasons tied to the gender selectivity of migration. While among the guys, the American-born or American-brought-up guys mainly go for Whites or Asians because they (Whites and Asians) are more (combined) than Black women, and many of these guys do not have any special preference for black women - unlike the Nigerian-born/Nigerian-raised Naija men. The Nigerian-born guys on the other hand generally prefer Naija babes.

So,  what you have is many American-born or American-brought-up Naija girls (or African-African Americans for the most part) and many Nigerian-born Naija girls. Now, these two don't get along very well. The Nigerian-born Naija guys now seek out the relatively few Nigerian-born/Nigerian-raised Naija girls in the U.S. - a tall order. When that option is exhausted (pretty much the case most times), the Nigerian-born Naija guy goes back to Nigeria to marry - some expand their options to West-African-born/West-African-raised West-African girls.

The American-born or American-brought-up Naija babe is usually lumped in with the huge mass of African-American and Caribbean-American women. Now, their reputation for being confrontational, loud, drama-seeking, materialistic, stubborn, disrespectful, etc. is noted by most men, and this does not help their situation.

If there is any way to make the American-born/American-raised Naija women and the Nigerian-born/Nigerian-raised Naija men to get along, this problem will be solved, for the most part.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by sherifatou: 1:12am On Apr 24, 2009
hiss

dont know anything that can deliver some people from their stone age mindset.

You can take the man out of the bush but you cant take the bush out of the man.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by presido1: 9:41am On Apr 24, 2009
sherifatou:

hiss

dont know anything that can deliver some people from their stone age mindset.

You can take the man out of the bush but you cant take the bush out of the man.
Awwww is this fraustration or what?

tope2000:

Even if i give to him 25/8 he still wont be satisfied
This is why am with my jackal cheesy
Find a berra position that those outer don't know of. Believe he will resign from work to be indoors with u all the time. cheesy cheesy
There is this position Osufia called "Chamfa" have u tried it yet? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by AmakaOne(f): 10:53am On Apr 24, 2009
who cares?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by amaikama(m): 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2010
@Poster, its a case of two different culture (society) at war with our thinking. we are to see each other as loving species regardless of the society one comes from but we are now faced with a changed society that determines our thinking not we thinking for the society concerning loving each other as God so loved the world.

Its quite pathetic i tell u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A 2 and half year Old Beating With Turning Stick Because She Couldn't Count / Help Me Get Over My Sister's Death / Don't You Just Hate It When People Lack Simple Hygiene?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.