Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Buhari In Love With Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari In Love With Fashola (52791 Views)

Angry Benin Residents Meet With Fashola During His Visit To Edo State. / What Went Wrong With Fashola? / President Buhari Travels To Germany With Fashola, Dambazau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by Dollyak(f): 6:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
Flets:
Maybe someone needs to remind me of the highlights of Fashola's excellent performance in office.

Now lets leave Propaganda aside..... I need someone to outline 3 key things fashola did that points to ingenuity

Lagos state has the highest IGR in the country yet resposnible for over 40% of total national local debts
For a state that generates over 40 billion naira monthly from IGR and allocations, Where are the capital intensive projects embarked upon by Fashola's admininstration?
Lagos state is already a commercial hub before Fashola became governor.... how did Fashola improve the commercial attractivesness of lagos?...
What policies aimed at attracted investors was put in place by Fashola?
What jobs were created by Fashola's govt (dont mention Lastma) and how did his govt support the middle class or SMEs?
Fashola fixed roads and planted flowers, so did Sullivan Chime of Enugu, Akpabio of Akwaibom, Kwankwaso of Kano, Peter Obi of Anambra.... etc; what makes him stand out?
Increasing tax rates and imposing levies on okada riders, shop owners etc is no ingenuity for raising IGR.... What exactly did he do?
Does deporting Nigerians in Nigeria and dumping them under a bridge in the wee hours of the morning sound like an act of a sound mind?

As a matter of fact, people like Fashola should not be allowed anywhere close to this current govt. Fashola's understanding of governance only support the elites which is averse to the touted Buhari's govt for the masses.
Fixing an existing road and tolling it is the height of insensitivity..... and the first in Nigeria by a state government. Imagine if every state government follows the Fashola template by tolling roads built using tax payer's money or allocation accruing to a state.... we would have about 25 tolls in akwa-ibom, 20 in enugu, 23 in anambra....etc.

Fashola and Amaechi led the governors to demand and share the Soverign wealth fund which led to crash of our economy
Fashola filed a suit against signing the Freedom of Information Bill in Lagos state

Unfortunately, we Nigerians hardly reason beyond our noses... and that is why propaganda sells

Fashola looked like a performer because he took over from a a failed Tinubu under whom Lagos collapsed.

Fashola is an average politician and not even near a technocrat.
I liked your post. I would also like to know what he did as most of the project like eko Atlantic were privately funded, the only thing we can praise him for is the initiative. But some of the budget spendings are suspect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by after1: 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
Ikengawo:
That's who he wanted as vice president and tinubu forced thay comedian pastor midget on everyone.

You are calling a Prof of Law a comedian? Osinbajo we know, no one knows your father before he kicked the bucket few years ago cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by wellmax(m): 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
All I want to say is I love his blue suit.
Tinubu doesn't want Fashola to have a stake in Buhari's adminstration but with the turn of events yesterday, Fashola must be smiling now.

God fatherism is dying in Nigeria, hurray!
ose oga know it all. They way some of you make bogus claims is alarming. You obviously don't know Tinubu beyond what you read from haters.
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by after1: 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
ZUBY77:
The campaign of 'chose my tribesman' detected.

I like the way Yorubas play politics but Yesterday's Senate and Rep events dashed a lot of hopes.

How did it dash there hope? Do you want the Yorubas to occupy all the top post cos i dont understand you people. Yoruba is not the only tribe in Nig abeg. They have the Vp, partially the SP and now the DSpeaker. What else do they want.
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by Ephemmm: 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
Flets:
Maybe someone needs to remind me of the highlights of Fashola's excellent performance in office.

Now lets leave Propaganda aside..... I need someone to outline 3 key things fashola did that points to ingenuity

Lagos state has the highest IGR in the country yet resposnible for over 40% of total national local debts
For a state that generates over 40 billion naira monthly from IGR and allocations, Where are the capital intensive projects embarked upon by Fashola's admininstration?
Lagos state is already a commercial hub before Fashola became governor.... how did Fashola improve the commercial attractivesness of lagos?...
What jobs were created by Fashola's govt (dont mention Lastma) and how did his govt support the middle class or SMEs?
Fashola fixed roads and planted flowers, so did Sullivan Chime of Enugu, Akpabio of Akwaibom, Kwankwaso of Kano, Peter Obi of Anambra.... etc; what makes him stand out?
Increasing tax rates and imposing levies on okada riders, shop owners etc is no ingenuity for raising IGR.... What exactly did he do?
Does deporting Nigerians in Nigeria and dumping them under a bridge in the wee hours of the morning sound like an act of a sound mind?

As a matter of fact, people like Fashola should not be allowed anywhere close to this current govt. Fashola's understanding of governance only support the elites which is averse to the touted Buhari's govt for the masses.
Fixing an existing road and tolling it is the height of insensitivity..... and the first in Nigeria by a state government. Imagine if every state government follows the Fashola template by tolling roads built using tax payer's money or allocation accruing to a state.... we would have about 25 tolls in akwa-ibom, 20 in enugu, 23 in anambra....etc.

Fashola and Amaechi led the governors to demand and share the Soverign wealth fund which led to crash of our economy
Fashola filed a suit against signing the Freedom of Information Bill in Lagos state

Unfortunately, we Nigerians hardly reason beyond our noses... and that is why propaganda sells

Fashola looked like a performer because he took over from a a failed Tinubu under whom Lagos collapsed.

Until you tell me one thing Jonathan did that Fashola didn't do, I reserve my comment.
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by johnie: 6:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hustoto:
Fashola would be a good choice for chief of staff.
From Tinubu's Chief Of Staff he became governor so can extrapolate that after becoming PMB's COS he would ...
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by Tgirl4real(f): 6:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
A lot of funny comments on this thread. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by babeface3: 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
Buhari still carries short gun. See his pocket grin
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by caprini1: 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
blackmartial:
This would have been his prefered vice, if not for people chanting no to a muslim/muslim ticket as if it really matters.
Buhari will benefit more from Fashola as it is right now....Fash being the Vice ,will have favored the evil at heart people,there reason been that,"Fashola wants to take over from Buhari",meanwhile the young man will honestly and faithfully be working for the President.
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
Oh Pulease
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by IYANGBALI: 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
Fashola for President 2023. Haters lagoon still dey flow o grin
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by kotunowo(m): 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
Why are we beclouded by this fashola's performance,to me its like a one eye man amidst a group of the blind.a man that left Lagos with a debt of 490billion naira despite the huge IGR of Lagos,he his only an intelligent thief who doesn't steal directly from government pursse but borrow and spend on inflated by 100% contract pretending to be working he knows the consequences of stealing directly without envidences of what the money were incured on.besides more encomium should be showered on Asiwaju who lay all the platform that generates money, LIRS Lasaa,lastma, lawma all this institution were established by Asiwaju who left 1 year after putting things in place e.g LIRs was redefined in 2006 Fashola have just come to spend.If am a governor with all this borrowing and IGR I will deliver.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by IYANGBALI: 6:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
after1:

You are calling a Prof of Law a comedian? Osinbajo we know, no one knows your father before he kicked the bucket few years ago cheesy cheesy grin
ahahahahahahahahaahhaah kai u get bad mouth cheesy
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by zendy: 6:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
blackmartial:
This would have been his prefered vice, if not for people chanting no to a muslim/muslim ticket as if it really matters.

Don't kid your self. If it wasn't for the Muslim/Muslim ticket thingy, Tinubu would have been VP.
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by kotunowo(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
Why are we beclouded by this fashola's performance,to me its like a one eye man amidst a group of the blind.a man that left Lagos with a debt of 490billion naira despite the huge IGR of Lagos,he only an intelligent thief who doesn't steal directly from government pursse but borrow and spend on inflated by 100% contract pretending to be working he knows the consequences of stealing directly without envidences of what the money were incured on.besides more encomium should be showered on Asiwaju who lay all the platform that generates money, LIRS Lasaa,lastma, lawma all this institution were established by Asiwaju who left 1 year after putting things in place e.g LIRs was redefined in 2006 Fashola have just come to spend.If am a governor with all this borrowing and IGR I will deliver.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by Tonason: 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
You are showing us what Tinubu hates to see. Kwakwakwakwa
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by redtosine(m): 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
RAJI FASHOLA IS A GREAT MAN
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by seunfape(m): 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
i will like fashola to be next president and wht is ds man ok Tinubu to remain as Godfather.
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by opribo(m): 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
If he likes let him prostrate on the floor Buhari already knows where he will put him. Buhari is an old man with wisdom so all this demo and explanations cant help him. PMB knows where to find the right men. If he could fish out people like Dora Akunyili I am sure he knows where to get his team from. So if these eye service people and praise singers come he berra watch it. Na so dem be.
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by zizytd(m): 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
Flets:

For a state that generates over 40 billion naira monthly from IGR and allocations, Where are the capital intensive projects embarked upon by Fashola's
admininstration?

Wetin ur state governor do abeg.wen c a good tin, appreciate it.
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by Flets: 7:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
zizytd:

Wetin ur state governor do abeg.wen c a good tin, appreciate it.

Do you mind outlining the good tins you are referring to that makes him unique?

Forget what propaganda says.... tell me point blank.
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by Dollyak(f): 7:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
after1:

ouch... burn

1 Like

Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by simdam500(m): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
It obvious Mr. Fash is intelligent....

I love him
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Well Fashola has done Chief of Staff work before
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by Abugab(m): 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
bettercreature:
Stop thinking like a goat,you probably dont know how much people around me spent on these election,We need to know where this government is heading to

You are a derelict.
Stupid young man like you.
Go jump in the ocean if he doesn't come to tell u his plans.
It is very glaring now that you are a planless human and that is why you need another person's plans to function.
You must be a twart.
Imagine....
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by samtol4(m): 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
bettercreature:
Buhari is becoming clueless every day,today is 10th of june
And just nothing has been done infact we dont know his plans for us
Your man was there for six years who did he do?Nothing rather that he approved kangaroo importation of stoves!

1 Like

Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by anonimi: 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
aresa:
Fashola was the first Nigerian PMB visited to inform and solicit for support before the campaigns and elections. PMB picked him out a long time ago!.

Both men obviously have deep mutual love and respect for each other and i won't be surprised if Fashola emerged as his personal adviser and right hand man.

So says Fashola's employee, the Alausa cameraman for propaganda.
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by horpsycoded: 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
How I go fit get d soap wey fashola dey use bath even d lylon of d soap don do me cuz d guy just dey lucky
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by yemivictor: 8:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
bettercreature:
Buhari is becoming clueless every day,today is 10th of june
And just nothing has been done infact we dont know his plans for us

List the things you want done.
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
nonsoafm:
Fashola is a material and tiefnubu knows it, thats why he wanted to clip his wings. I see fashola flying higher than him.

Ode.. Who discovered Fashola ? It takes a man with foresight like Tinubu to consistently strive for competence.
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by nonsoafm(m): 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Ariel20:

Ode.. Who discovered Fashola ? It takes a man with foresight like Tinubu to consistently strive for competence.
Why the insult? I see, the truth is bitter
Re: Buhari In Love With Fashola by stevecantrell: 9:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dollyak:

I liked your post. I would also like to know what he did as most of the project like eko Atlantic were privately funded, the only thing we can praise him for is the initiative. But some of the budget spendings are suspect.

Initiative ?

What initiative ? We all may not know who drew up the Master plan for Lagos State but It wasn't Fashola.

The original plan is just being implemented with a few tweaks here and there.
Fashola's original contributions to Lagos are the vocational training centres and LASTMA.

I think I need to look up my dictionary for the definition of technocrat but the former governor doesn't seem to qualify.
NOI, former Agriculture minister Akinwunmi and Emir Sanusi are typical examples of technocrats in my opinion.

I don't know how anyone ever arrived at the conclusion that the former governor is a technocrat. He's a politician.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari / NNPC Crashes The Prices Of Petrol And Cooking Gas Nationwide / Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.