Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries (25279 Views)

FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others / FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway / Politicians, Others Evade BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by markolly1: 10:41am On Jun 11, 2015
yes with this information am sure Nigeria Will regain our lost glory, Baba is working from the hierarchy down to the grass root.
Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria
Long life President Muhammad Behari, may give you the wisdom to lead us well.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Kei144(m): 10:53am On Jun 11, 2015
Even civil servants' salaries will be affected. ASUU salaries will also be affected. The way the Nigerian government increased since 2009 was very unrealistic. The reality is now hitting the government.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Oiselenjakhian(m): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2015
Hello Everyone. My company Dreamquest Multimedia has just released a commemorative game on the recent victory by the APC.

You can download it for free on the Google Play store here -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Dreamquest+Multimedia&hl=en

Please contact me if you need web development, interactive media and game development services. My number is +2349032291323.

Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by ilduce(m): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2015
This will really limit this do-or-die attitude of our politicians.
Plausible move.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by felix10(m): 11:07am On Jun 11, 2015
Wish them well bt I hope the 18k wage for civil servant wil nt be affected.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by buchilino(m): 11:12am On Jun 11, 2015
baby124:
The allowances are the problem. Please, they need to stop providing them with cars, maid service and all their comforts. Let them use their salary to fund their extravagant lifestyles. If they dont like it, they can reject their mandate. The salary is not bad. Its the allowances that are the problem. If they think they need aides to say aye or nay, let them pay for that out of their pocket. Foolish thieves. undecided

personally both d salary n allowances r not d problem, but d problem is d unseen kick backs they get through d back door. reduce their allowances n salary, d kick backs will increase.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by piagetskinner(m): 11:18am On Jun 11, 2015
bunmititi:
you cannot change the salary of the legislators now.
that will be like moving the goal posts during a fooball match!
some of them contested because of the salary and terms and conditions of service!
you cannot unilaterally change the condition of service just like that!
this rmfac should wait till 2019 before they can touch legislator salary!
What bloody terms and conditions?? They weren't employed, they were either elected or appointed into the various offices they are holding
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by michaelokoi(m): 11:19am On Jun 11, 2015
Right step in the right direction but i see d lawmakers countering it. Although this is one of the things SARAKI promised to look into. Political office holders salaries should be CONSOLIDATED just as OBJ did for some MDA's. God bless Nigeria.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 11, 2015
ceejay80s:
We don tire of fg setting u and looking in to, wetin we want na action, all this na media stunt, its wat they want u people to think, if dem comot am or no comot am, how we go know?

You are obviously ignorant..sit down and learn
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by gbagyiza: 11:51am On Jun 11, 2015
DropShot:
Who is this?
u asked a very brilliant question.gud
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Mobillz: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2015
baby124:
The allowances are the problem. Please, they need to stop providing them with cars, maid service and all their comforts. Let them use their salary to fund their extravagant lifestyles. If they dont like it, they can reject their mandate. The salary is not bad. Its the allowances that are the problem. If they think they need aides to say aye or nay, let them pay for that out of their pocket. Foolish thieves. undecided
God bless you! you took the word right out of my mouth.. D allowances this people receive is outrageous and they should also make it a part-time job too...
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by chief2006(m): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
handsomeclouds:
I see some senators frustrating the whole exercise. I wish them good luck on their white elephant project
It's a waste of time and resources....senators & reps make their monies from oversight functions on MDA's and contracts.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by ceejay80s(m): 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ariel20:

You are obviously ignorant..sit down and learn
Go wash urself ariel soap
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by ikwubaba: 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
MizMyColi:

I will not comment yet, until I see what the committee comes up with.

Slashing a 50 naira pay to 40 naira pay is nothing. You get?

Meanwhile, where have you been?sad

Actually, the review will be upward. for 2008 act. I bet if you check, you will even agree it be reviewed upward. The beauty of it is that it will still be a tremendious reduction in the NASS total emolument. There is no template in RMFAC that allows about 350mil for a senator. Not even the president. The reason is that, they from no where, monetised everything without any bases to arrive at those huge take home. OBJ govt did not challenge because of other invidious agenda. So even the upward review will trmemndiously slash their effective take home. See the game Truth is that no legislation is required. Just application of existing payment template. If you ague, then it can only be reverted to 2008, which is lower.

IF PMB achieves this, I will know the guy is got tremendious powers. He actually has the instruments to enforce it. The executive can turn everything to public debate and finally handtwist the NASS. And like a prick on a balloon, the houses will become a place to be avoided by the greed. Only men of valour and value to offer will parade in.

Sai Buhari!!!
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by aadoiza: 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
modath:
How 469 people feel/felt its ok for this kind of obscene salary & allowances (+ countless "tiffing" ) to accrue to them out of over a 170m people in the face of overwhelming poverty in the land is straight up Ungodly.

I'm still wondering, if the whole country was in a state of coma while David Mark arm twisted the RMAFC into increasing the NASS budget from 50b per annum to 150b without public outcry...

Nigerians are waiting for them to resist this in the face of depleted reserves,dwindling oil prices and a weak Naira so we can occupy them ....

Sai Baba too sure, quietly enpowering institutions to do the needful.. God bles him for us.

Obscenity is a wrong choice of word to use here because from my standpoint, it's as if you're showering them with eulogy. It's sheer recklessness and inconceivable profligacy.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by bmos(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
Chosen1984:
Hahahaha! This would be a Huge Smack down fights of many rounds!

Those pot belle men who just go to the assembly, some sleep ,wake and get their accounts smiling in millions may not take this smiling with the Executive!
The Battle line is Drawn!!!!!!!!!

Let them go and hang. How can one individual be collecting 29.5 million per month? Compare that to the 18,000 minimum wage a fellow human is taking home monthly.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by bmos(m): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
modath:
How 469 people feel/felt its ok for this kind of obscene salary & allowances (+ countless "tiffing" ) to accrue to them out of over a 170m people in the face of overwhelming poverty in the land is straight up Ungodly.

I'm still wondering, if the whole country was in a state of coma while David Mark arm twisted the RMAFC into increasing the NASS budget from 50b per annum to 150b without public outcry...

Nigerians are waiting for them to resist this in the face of depleted reserves,dwindling oil prices and a weak Naira so we can occupy them ....

Sai Baba too sure, quietly enpowering institutions to do the needful.. God bles him for us.

Marrk has been a crook from the begining. The man is no different from satan in agenda
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Fourwinds: 7:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
barcanista:
the RMAFC is only carrying out statutory responsibility. It isn't Buhari's initiative
I can see u are pained dat dis is happening at dis time. y didn't it take place when ur GEJ experience decline in oil prices. a pity d kind of supporters GEJ has
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Fourwinds: 7:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
dat David Mark eehh. very useless man. I don't like him. He is responsible to d huge budget d NASS has. and dey are lazy idi..ots
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Gazzy88(m): 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
bunmititi:
you cannot change the salary of the legislators now.
that will be like moving the goal posts during a fooball match!
some of them contested because of the salary and terms and conditions of service!
you cannot unilaterally change the condition of service just like that!
this rmfac should wait till 2019 before they can touch legislator salary!
to hell with you idiot
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by jamace(m): 8:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Yes, the committee should adopt the 2014 confab report on salaries and allowances for NASS members.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by excelbeing099(m): 9:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
Awon Oleee jatijati
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by nikz(f): 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2015
Collecting millions as sitting allowance and some of them will not even attend yet they'll be paid. Meanwhile people working no salary. Some people have not been paid for 4months now but we are working. Tell me why robbery won't be on the increase? This country! I pray God gives us a sound mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Boko Haram Now Has An Army" - Niger Republic Warns / Our President, Buhari, Has Been Away For 60 Days! / Governor Obaseki Wears Red Cross' Uniform (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.