Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries (25293 Views)

FG Sets To Award Lagos-ibadan Railway Projects, Others / FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway / Politicians, Others Evade BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by prophetfire: 8:52am On Jun 11, 2015
HardeyBbee:
Let's see how this goes but I see a lot of lawmakers frustrating this review.
the law setting up RMAFC empowers them to fix legislators salaries,and its not subject to legislators review or input.whatever they re given,they take.its only executives salary that is sent to them to pass into law. What david mark used to do was to use the president that appointed RMAFC members to armtwist them to do his bidding. Now that we have a buhari as president,it wont happen.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 11, 2015
@ buhari - wen u people finish all these salary cut, will the senate sign it?
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by excellentmomma(f): 8:54am On Jun 11, 2015
bunmititi:
you cannot change the salary of the legislators now.
that will be like moving the goal posts during a fooball match!
some of them contested because of the salary and terms and conditions of service!
you cannot unilaterally change the condition of service just like that!
this rmfac should wait till 2019 before they can touch legislator salary!

Madam e be like say ur husband just join the legislathieves, hehehehe, terms and conditions indeed, who gave them the terms before contesting? So it's no more to go and serve their people it's now because of the jumbo pay, 2019 will not wait for us and the reserves keeps going down, so we shouldn't wait either.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by lukxman(m): 8:54am On Jun 11, 2015
[color=#770077][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]bunmititi:
some of them contested because of the salary and terms and conditions of service!
this rmfac should wait till 2019

Some poos can cause ebola. This bunmi psycho sef.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by omaji53jeremiah: 8:55am On Jun 11, 2015
it is a welcome development, we hope they see it through
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Christafarian(m): 8:56am On Jun 11, 2015
bunmititi:
You see reason why you people are called fish brained?
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by MizMyColi(f): 8:58am On Jun 11, 2015
jaybee3:

A 20% pay reduction is nothing?

Consider the overall effect across the board i.e 20% of the total budget for NASS

I've seen even more laudable projects hit the news stands via the media.

The PIB comes to mind.
Nigerians rejoiced.
The Niger Deltans felt a sense of relief.

But the bureaucratic bottlenecks of our time saw to it that the bill got watered down before finally being passed this year, under former Senate President Mark.

Remind me again, how many years did all these take; from conception to execution, I mean?

Now you're talking about taking a direct jab at the major reason PDP and APC alike wants to belong to the NA.

We'll see.
I'm watching
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 11, 2015
chamboy:
U won't see barcanista's comment here
the RMAFC is only carrying out statutory responsibility. It isn't Buhari's initiative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by MizMyColi(f): 9:00am On Jun 11, 2015
dearpreye:

I get your point, dear. Its still a good move in a good direction.

Well, I've been really busy. I was asked to join in a committee with some time-consuming tasks......

My lady, it seems I've missed a lot in recent days.......The mentions speak for themselves.

I tell youuu.
I thought you were banned sef.

Oya Welcome Backsmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by chamboy(m): 9:02am On Jun 11, 2015
barcanista:
the RMAFC is only carrying out statutory responsibility. It isn't Buhari's initiative
if it was five months ago ur comment would have been "GEJ till 2019"

3 Likes

Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by millionboi(m): 9:08am On Jun 11, 2015
Mar talk,
APC always rakin
do it let's see na.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by guttentag(m): 9:09am On Jun 11, 2015
not just Politicians, FG should sanction all those F.I.R.S top officers, they don cut government money tire
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 11, 2015
MizMyColi:

I tell youuu.
I thought you were banned sef.

Oya Welcome Backsmiley

I wasn't banned at all.....

I'm still trying to wrap my head around whats happening at the moment.....

I've indeed missed a lot.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by shenisaac(m): 9:13am On Jun 11, 2015
bunmititi:

undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by ogashman(m): 9:13am On Jun 11, 2015
nice move from d new govt.
@least we can start from there.this will go a long way in bridging d gap btw d rich n d poor and making political offices less attractive.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by ormios234: 9:13am On Jun 11, 2015
From research, you need 6 people who earn British Minimum wage to pay the British prime minister, but you need about 64 people who earn the Nigerian Minimum wage to pay the Nigerian president. I think it should be made a law that the highest paid public servant which include any any body who is under the pay roll of the Nigerian government must not earn more than times five of the national minimum wage.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Bsharp: 9:15am On Jun 11, 2015
dustmalik:

This is one of the main reasons why no reasonable person would want Saraki to preside over the Senate.
Finally a person that reasons beyond sentiments. Forget about Tinubu, no Nigerian in his right senses would support Saraki as SP. He's only after his selfish interest and his hands are not even clean. Anybody expecting any bill that benefits the masses at the expense of the Senators themselves to be passed under a Saraki and Ekwerenmadu leadership is only fooling himself.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by harry509: 9:19am On Jun 11, 2015
DONLEKAN:
The Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission has set in motion the process for the downward review of the existing salaries and allowances of political, public and judicial office holders in the country.

Chairman of the organisation, Mr. Elias Mbam, on Wednesday inaugurated the committee charged with the responsibility of reviewing the Remuneration Act 2008.

The Remuneration Act of 2008 prescribes the salaries and allowances for political, public and judicial office holders.

Mbam urged the committee to be conscious of the prevailing economic situation and the need to reduce cost of governance so as to free more funds for development, according to a statement made available to our correspondent by Head of Public Relations of RMAFC, Mr. Ibrahim Mohammed.

He also explained that the commission was constitutionally empowered to undertake the review of the remuneration packages as might be required from time to time so as to reflect current economic realities; advise federal and state governments on monetisation policies; and generate cost of living indices for revision of allowances among others.

Mbam charged the committee to undertake wide consultations with all critical stakeholders including all arms of government of the federation, the national and state assemblies, state and local governments, professional economic bodies, the organised labour, the academia, the media and the Nigerian public in general so as to enrich the process.

He reminded the committee members of the need to ensure that the review effectively minimised wastages and abuses and ensured prudent management of resources as well.

The committee is expected to holistically review the existing Remuneration Act; identify areas of wastages and abuse, examine the implementation of the monetisation policy by Ministries, Departments and Agencies and advise on appropriate remuneration for political, public and judicial officers commensurate with the work they do, Mohammed said.

Mbam stressed that the exercise, which is expected to reduce cost of governance, was line with the current realities where the economy was characterised by inflation and downturn in international oil prices among others.

He said the work was envisaged to be completed before the end of September.

In his remarks after the inauguration, Chairman of the Remuneration Committee of the commission, Mr. Abdullahi Inde, assured the chairman that the committee would do a thorough job of the task assigned to it.

He called on Nigerians to show support and pray for the committee.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-sets-up-panel-to-slash-politicians-others-salaries/
it must work out oooh. I even want dem 2 b receivin our 18000 minimium wage slf.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Elan83(m): 9:20am On Jun 11, 2015
bunmititi:
u dnt've a future! Id!ot..
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Dollyak(f): 9:25am On Jun 11, 2015
baby124:
The allowances are the problem. Please, they need to stop providing them with cars, maid service and all their comforts. Let them use their salary to fund their extravagant lifestyles. If they dont like it, they can reject their mandate. The salary is not bad. Its the allowances that are the problem. If they think they need aides to say aye or nay, let them pay for that out of their pocket. Foolish thieves. undecided
Respect. Couldn't have agreed more
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 11, 2015
Good move!
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by MizMyColi(f): 9:42am On Jun 11, 2015
dearpreye:

I wasn't banned at all.....

I'm still trying to wrap my head around whats happening at the moment.....

I've indeed missed a lot.

Yeah, there's no denying that.
My activity on here was on an all time high.

Well, you'll catch up.
Lols.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by jaybee3(m): 9:52am On Jun 11, 2015
MizMyColi:

I've seen even more laudable projects hit the news stands via the media.

The PIB comes to mind.
Nigerians rejoiced.
The Niger Deltans felt a sense of relief.

But the bureaucratic bottlenecks of our time saw to it that the bill got watered down before finally being passed this year, under former Senate President Mark.

Remind me again, how many years did all these take; from conception to execution, I mean?

Now you're talking about taking a direct jab at the major reason PDP and APC alike wants to belong to the NA.

We'll see.
I'm watching

Are we still on the cost cutting measures being proposed by the new administration?
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 11, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yeah, there's no denying that.
My activity on here was on an all time high.

Well, you'll catch up.
Lols.

I really hope so.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Kingspin(m): 10:00am On Jun 11, 2015
I dont care about fine policies but the end results. Therefore, the implementation is more important than talk talk.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 11, 2015
Some of the senators and lawmakers might not even utter or make a single contibution for once through out their stay in the house,but will still earn their salaries and useless furniture and other silly allowances. I pity those of use who elect them.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by madjune(m): 10:01am On Jun 11, 2015
Good move from Baba.

What will cynics like Barcanista say about this?
People who don't see any good in the sunlight.

They would rather Jonathan had won and kept presiding over the waste of our resources than support a better hand who values our wealth.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 11, 2015
If they do that'a lot of them will runaway.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by Mhudi: 10:20am On Jun 11, 2015
DropShot:

Who is this?
A member of the National Assembly.
Re: FG Sets Up Panel To Slash Politicians, Others Salaries by queensmith: 10:20am On Jun 11, 2015
How exactly can the legislative arm of government frustrate it? They called it checks and balances. It has to be a pretty ridiculous system if they are able to dictate their own salary and allowances. This should be done by a body independent of both houses and there will be no need for it to pass through law. It's not like the constitution has a duty to state what they should receive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production / Akpabio, Speaker & 2 Others Padded Tinubu’s Palliative Budget - Sahara Reporters / Amaechi Tipped As DG Buhari Presidential Campaign Office As Party Zone VP To S/W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.