Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos (45809 Views)

Osinbajo orders 24-hour operations at Apapa Port / Saraki Claims He Borrowed N5b From Dangote To Fund Buhari's Election - Sahara R. / Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by sirssb(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ehen... I don see baba portrait now # Sai PMB
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Bros U sef see am na. But Dangote just de use sweet mouth sha cheesy
django1:

Lol is dangote responsible for providing electricity in rivers state? Would he not be buying the said gas abi what are you people currently doing with the gas?

Anyway, I don't even believe he can achieve this, nigeria is a nation of empty promises.
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by lexy2014: 1:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
KinkyAngela:
This is one thing i like about my region. We are silent achievers, we dont boast and brag like others. In three years time when Lagos start to enjoy constant electricity supply, you will never hear a Hausa man boast about how they develop Lagos or own Lagos like some people do.

Btw, i dont know whats up with Dangote and the West. A lot of his business concerns are situated there. Apart from the sugar Refinery and Food Processing factory he has in Lagos, he is also currently building and Oil Refinery and Fertilizer plant in Lagos, which upon completion would be the largest in Africa. Not forgetting the ultra modern Dangote cement plant in Ogun state.

DANGOTE CEMENT PLANT, IBESE, OGUN STATE
economies of scale dear. D SW with d lagos factor provides much more 4 businesses. D business infrastructure in lagos is 2 tempting 4 any businessman 2 ignore

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
"There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behaviour that can offend; by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness"
.............Chinua Achebe.

Flets:
The true fact is that Lagos cannot be an investors haven with current inferior and lazy mindset of some yoruba folks residing in lagos as well as their oba.

You cannot want to retain the identity of communal lagos and still aspire to be the biggest economy in Africa.

One of the biggest threat to developing the true potentials of lagos are the recent outburst against foreigners (xenophobia). Investors will be careful about siting investments in a region where locals are exhibiting increasing hostilities.

Dangote and Ambode can try...... but the damage by the Oba will take a long time to clear.

Have you ever heard of outbursts from locals of New York, Paris, Berlin, Nairobi, London, Rome against other
nationals or even foreigners?

Do you think the Queen Elizabeth will get away with what the Oba did? With recent events, Lagos might just be trekking backwards.

7 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by lexy2014: 1:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
kettykings:
Piping gas from biafra to power Lagos economy. If this is not a joke then I am deeply dreaming just yesterday some people in Lagos demonstrated against the stay of igbos in Lagos
has d map of nigeria been altered? When did bonny in a remote riverine area of rivers state now leapfrog into biafra?

6 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by jazzyjagz(m): 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
Acekidc4:
Good One!!
I know that Lagos will soon be Compared to the likes of London, Newyork, Paris and Co!!That I know for Sure!!

Nice One Dangote
Good Work Sir Ambode
You are all Blessed!!
With this whole flood thing?? *smh*
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by lexy2014: 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
django1:

Lol is dangote responsible for providing electricity in rivers state? Would he not be buying the said gas abi what are you people currently doing with the gas?

Anyway, I don't even believe he can achieve this, nigeria is a nation of empty promises.
I believe he can. He isn't seeking political office he is hustling. So I don't think his promises are meant u and I. Most of what he said are ongoing projects. With what he has achieved so far, I believe he can

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by winterfell007(m): 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
Dangote has always seen an opportunity in d gas to power business.the company I work for is doing a similar project in Aba. Oando is building a compressed natural gas plant in order 2 truck gas to existing and new industrial estate in aba and PH 4 captive power generation. If Dangote completes d project, it will open areas for industrial development in Lekki.
I've noticed some people making negative tribal comment which it'snt proper. They must understand not only Lagos will benefit but Naij as a whole. A prosperous lagos could only mean a better Nigeria. Jah bless.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by KinkyAngela(f): 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
lexy2014:
has d map of nigeria been altered? When did bonny in a remote riverine area of rivers state now leapfrog into biafra?
my dear the thing just tire me.
I asked the greedy land grabber the same question

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by ahaz: 1:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
Acekidc4:
Good One!!
I know that Lagos will soon be Compared to the likes of London, Newyork, Paris and Co!!That I know for Sure!!

Nice One Dangote
Good Work Sir Ambode
You are all Blessed!!
tomorrow some jobless mango heads with their lion claw amala faces will stage some protest asking the same man who saw the opportunity they re too blind too see as a result of excess consumption of amala to leave the no man's land for them

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by gbishman: 1:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
robbing to peter to pay paul, while lagos will soon be boasting of interrupted power supply am afraid rivers where the gas is being tapped wallows in darkness. what a shame
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by gamaliel121(m): 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
softnipples:
All na wash undecided

Soft nipples.. grin
softnipples:
All na wash undecided

Soft nipples..
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by 4stylz: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
All na for mouth until it's done; Dangote is only interested in turning himself to the richest man in the world; while Warren buffet gave almost all his wealth out..

I am not asking Dangote to give his; atleast let him stop talking too much
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by 19naia(m): 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
one Dangote cement plant is bigger than all the combined segregated power plants installed in lagos over the past few years..
Dangote can easily install massive power generation facilities and several of them if needed.. He will profit from it as well as the customers who will enjoy more reasonable electric bill/costs..
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by UnknownT: 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
eleko1:
grin grin lipsrsealed sad grin embarassed lipsrsealed Hope u won't land /end up inside Lagoon.
LOL! Dont you trust us again? We have got life jackets grin tongue
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by sunsewa: 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
almustaphaa:
Lagos—President of Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote yesterday said plans have been concluded to construct a gas pipeline to address power supply challenges in Lagos State.

He disclosed this during a courtesy visit to the office of the Lagos State governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode.

He said; “We also assured him that we are going to do a Gas Pipeline from Bonny (River State) to pass under the sea (to Lagos.) When it is completed, Lagos state will never ever experience blackout. There will be electricity 24 hours a day.”

Addressing newsmen after the meeting with Ambode, Dangote said they also discussed the ongoing construction of the largest fertilizer plant of two to three million tonnes of Uranium and Amonia in the Lekki Free Trade Zone, Ibeju-Lekki.
VISIT: Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode (right) and President Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote (left)and during Dangote's courtesy visit to Ambode at the Lagos House, Ikeja, yesterday.

He noted that the company is also building ”the largest ever single refinery of 650,000 barrels per day, which is by far more than the consumption of Nigeria and that would satisfy our consumption at least for the next seven to 10 years by the time we finish.”

All these projects Dangote said are no small projects.

‘’We will have challenge in getting people to work there, because at the height of it, there will be close to 38,000 people working at the same location, this is something that we have to partner with the state government.

‘’Having 38,000 people on one site, not every one of them will be from the community, others will be from other states, there would be cultural issues and all that, we need to integrate everybody to ensure that the whole thing works out fine.”

He stressed that the visit afforded him the opportunity to assure the governor of his commitment to complete these ongoing projects already embarked upon by the company.

The business mogul promised to continue to support the state government initiatives geared towards securing lives and properties, adding “I have assured him that we really love doing business here, it’s a friendly state for doing business.”

According to him, “There are quite a lot of things that will come along with creating so many jobs. I think Lagos will be one of the fastest growing cities in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.

‘’ I can assure you that we would do our own bit in terms of your efforts in policing Lagos, for security and whatever the need is, feel free to call us, we would partner with you and whatever you want us to do to make Lagos a better place”.

Responding, Ambode vowed to embark on strategies that would open the state for new investors, aimed at reducing the rate of unemployment in the state.

He said “I will just call on other investors that wherever it is that we can assist we are willing and ready to make sure that investors have comfortable life and comfortable business profile in Lagos State.”

The governor promised that his administration would open up the state to attract new investors and growth of existing business in the state, adding that the bottom line “is to create jobs for our youths.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/dangote-to-supply-24-hour-power-to-lagos/

Pix from: https://mobile.twitter.com/AkinwunmiAmbode/status/608919134127161344

tall dream, even portharcourt close to bonny depends on gen set.
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
gregzone:
He's clowning. So he will pass an under-the-sea-pipeline from Bonny here to lagos
Who tell am say we no need 24/7 power for Rivers state?
lol
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
fineguy11:
650,000 thousand capacity refinary set to be constructed,is that how u define backwardness?lagos will soon be the Hongkong of africa,,i give it 30years...
Long live lagos..
long live south south..
Long live nigeria..

God bless u too, d guy obviously jealous of Lagos,, God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Ekugbeh(m): 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
CR77:
Love that

But seeing is believe
wah ce u seen now?
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by madjune(m): 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
Political promise.

As soon as this romise was made, Nepa took light in my area.
Why hasn't Dangote supplied his hometown with 24hr light first?
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by kraftykc(m): 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
I ain't even mad. Let him go on with his badass self. I rep him on this one.

It ain't easy to become the richest man in Africa without dipping your hands into Naija's oil. More grease...
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by zeusdgrt(m): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
KinkyAngela:
This is one thing i like about my region. We are silent achievers, we dont boast and brag like others. In three years time when Lagos start to enjoy constant electricity supply, you will never hear a Hausa man boast about how they develop Lagos or own Lagos like some people do.

Btw, i dont know whats up with Dangote and the West. A lot of his business concerns are situated there. Apart from the sugar Refinery and Food Processing factory he has in Lagos, he is also currently building and Oil Refinery and Fertilizer plant in Lagos, which upon completion would be the largest in Africa. Not forgetting the ultra modern Dangote cement plant in Ogun state.

nice assessment,good choice of word and nice curvy cocacola shaped body to crown it all.i hail thee

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by segedoo(m): 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
KinkyAngela:

Aliko invests where there is an optimum blend of market proximity, HR and favorable socio-economic conditions.

Hehe! Intelligent writer from Northern Nigeria, proud of a sculptured sexy figure but very shy to fully pull through the bad gal image.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by asha80(m): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
winterfell007:
Dangote has always seen an opportunity in d gas to power business.the company I work for is doing a similar project in Aba. Oando is building a compressed natural gas plant in order 2 truck gas to existing and new industrial estate in aba and PH 4 captive power generation. If Dangote completes d project, it will open areas for industrial development in Lekki.
I've noticed some people making negative tribal comment which it'snt proper. They must understand not only Lagos will benefit but Naij as a whole. A prosperous lagos could only mean a better Nigeria. Jah bless.
which new industrial estate in aba?is it oando doing it?
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by mohince(m): 2:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Thats cool.... But Is there 24hr power supply in kano?
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by anfasa3: 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
I stopped believing the words of these guys long ago.
Anyway, goodluck my country Nigeria.
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Badb0y4lyf(m): 2:59pm On Jun 11, 2015
am not concerned about the promises am concerned about the invesment, bussiness aspect dangote is just getting richer cant another bussniess man or investor take up dix in patnership with lagos state dangote is just nigerias jp morgan or rokafella
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Adminisher: 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
Children, Dangote has not promised to supply power to Lagos. If he did we should be all worried. The man is merely bringing in gas from Bonny for his fertilizer plants. The project scale would be enough to also fuel gas turbines for power generation. That is all i can infer from this statement. You guys should put pressure on your government to get organized and fulfill their promises to you. In other to do that, you need to cure yourselves of weak minded, mumu , tribalistic feelings and make people to account for why you put them in office. Business men are only in the business of making money
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
989900:
If Lagos were a country in Africa, it'd be the 6th largest economy by country, after Nigeria, SA, Egypt, Algeria, and Angola.

The GDP of Lagos is roughly that of Ghana and Kenya put together, 3 times the size of my 'brethers' (Ghana), and equivalent to that of Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroun, Equatorial Guinea, Togo, Benin Republic and Niger Republic put together.

If Lagos were a state in the US, it'd be the 44/45th largest economy by state.

P.S. And that's without stable power supply, in the face of endemic corruption.

Yet some of these countries have 24/7 electricity provided by the govenmnet and rank better in terms of human development index because children have better access to healcare, school, internet yet there GDP/capita is 3 times less than that of Lagos
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
gbishman:
robbing to peter to pay paul, while lagos will soon be boasting of interrupted power supply am afraid rivers where the gas is being tapped wallows in darkness. what a shame

Robbing Paul to pay Peter? Is he getting d gas for free? No b money e go pay?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uche Secondus Visits Goodluck Jonathan With PDP NWC (Photos) / How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan / Governor Bala Mohammed Stops Convoy To See Pupils Studying Under Tree (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.