Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos (45805 Views)

Osinbajo orders 24-hour operations at Apapa Port / Saraki Claims He Borrowed N5b From Dangote To Fund Buhari's Election - Sahara R. / Ayade Moves To Ensure 24-hour Power Supply In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Gmekx(m): 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
KinkyAngela:
This is one thing i like about my region. We are silent achievers, we dont boast and brag like others. In three years time when Lagos start to enjoy constant electricity supply, you will never hear a Hausa man boast about how they develop Lagos or own Lagos like some people do.

Btw, i dont know whats up with Dangote and the West. A lot of his business concerns are situated there. Apart from the sugar Refinery and Food Processing factory he has in Lagos, he is also currently building and Oil Refinery and Fertilizer plant in Lagos, which upon completion would be the largest in Africa. Not forgetting the ultra moder Dangote cement plant in Ogun state.

DANGOTE CEMENT PLANT, IBESE, OGUN STATE

I think the west is the most stable part of the country, Niger Delta - militants check, North - Boko check.

7 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by ribbit: 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
Belmot:
Bigger than over 50% of african states? Your lies no get part two.
it's actually more than 65% Google is your friend.. Lagos economy is bigger every. Economy in West Africa including Ghana and Cameroon.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
This guy doesn't seem to care about the North, I have not really heard him build such vast projects in the North, ok at least try the middle belt which is close by.

Well who am I to judge? I am guessing maybe he has a certain dislike for certain traits his people have

Me thinks he should really help develop the Northern states , as in If he creates 38,000 jobs in the North this will take 38,000 youths off poverty hence reducing the likelihood of them joining Boko Haram.

Just my thoughts

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by KinkyAngela(f): 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
Gmekx:

I think the west is the most stable part of the country, Niger Delta - militants check, North - Boko check.
stop it. I am from the North. Boko Haram is not all over the North just a part of it
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Pain(m): 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
Till Then..You can buy fuel on Jumia Now...

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by kettykings: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
Piping gas from biafra to power Lagos economy. If this is not a joke then I am deeply dreaming just yesterday some people in Lagos demonstrated against the stay of igbos in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Ujupsy: 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
ribbit:
mumu... Lagos gdp now worth over 92billion dollars... Bigger than over 50% of African countries thanks to the Yorubas ingenuity and accommodating nature...

Before you shout lagos was once capital before, calabash and Katsina were once capital.. You flathe.ads across Niger should focus on them.

Rome wasn't built in a day, lagos is on the part of becoming mega city and we don't want igbos to come destroy it for us.. Cos anything they touch become curse.
You are a bloody blind liar no true Igbo man is cursed the bible said whose ever bless you isreal is blessed whosoever that curse you is cursed that race Igbo is the descendant of the blessed so the cursed person here is you.
If you calculated very well from your ingenuity nature, the 92billion more than half gotten from taxes which I know igbos pay to remain in business

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Darlduchi: 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
Is anyone still in doubt that Dangotes is Arewa investment, using one man to fool everyone.
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by ribbit: 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
Flets:

Protesting against foreigners and expecting investment from external sources at the same time is tantamount to absolute stupidity.
we are not protesting against any foreigner but some flathe.ads that always throw decorum to gutter.. . Every tribe in the country is present in lagos why does it have to be igbos causing problem all the time?

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Belmot(m): 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
ribbit:
it's actually more than 65% Google is your friend.. Lagos economy is bigger every. Economy in West Africa including Ghana and Cameroon.
You said it is bigger than over 50% of african states and that is not true. Lagos gdp is not up to $92b, Cairo, Johannesburg, Cape town and Durban are still ahead of Lagos in terms of economic output. I believe lagos will surpass them in the coming years but it is not there yet.
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by ribbit: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ujupsy:
You are a bloody blind liar no true Igbo man is cursed the bible said whose ever bless you isreal is blessed whosoever that curse you is cursed that race Igbo is the descendant of the blessed so the cursed person here is you
keep telling yourself that... The Jews of Africa cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by javodiciba: 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
Start making cash right now... Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. Start bringing up to $8423 a month. I've started this job and I've never been happier and now I am sharing it with you, so you can try it too. You can check it out here
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+ http://www.netcash5.com

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Kennywills7(m): 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
barcanista:
So he will pass pipeline from Bonny to Lagos without taking care of the electricity in Rivers state?

Dangote is kidding....
This is exactly d same question in my mind
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by ribbit: 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
Belmot:
You it is bigger than over 50% of african states and that is not true.
Google. Is free. . Use it.. I don't have to argue this with you.. Compare lagos gdp with every other Africa countries.. Come back and tell me the result.
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by hob(m): 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
Patiently waiting for all these to come to reality and not just wishes. Eko oni baje
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by abdul123(m): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
ribbit:
keep telling yourself that... The Jews of Africa cheesy
don't mind the dimwit my broda... Jews of Africa ko goats of orita iweka ni... Mumu idiotas
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Belmot(m): 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
ribbit:
Google. Is free. . Use it.. I don't have to argue this with you.. Compare lagos gdp with every other Africa countries.. Come back and tell me the result.
State the gdp of Lagos and list the over 50% of african countries which has a smaller gdp to lagos
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
ribbit:
mumu... Lagos gdp now worth over 92billion dollars... Bigger than over 50% of African countries thanks to the Yorubas ingenuity and accommodating nature...

Before you shout lagos was once capital before, calabash and Katsina were once capital.. You flathe.ads across Niger should focus on them.

Rome wasn't built in a day, lagos is on the part of becoming mega city and we don't want igbos to come destroy it for us.. Cos anything they touch become curse.

And now.thw mad dogs are out of their cages. Bloody beast!!! I couldn't be bothered by this vile comment because it's the extreme poverty and frustration you live in that encourages such Hatred.

All you have to do is ask for donations here on Nairaland and some of us would gladly assist you.

You won't graduate because you can't even afford university eduction
You will end up driving a danfo and blaming igbos for all your woes when instead of learning you choose to steal and rape your way around.

Trully you are a cursed individual who won't ever amount to anything, you will remain extremely poor.

At a time you won't even be able to afford your meagre data to browse nairaland to make tribalistic comments anymore and at the point you will still blame igbos?
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by kritikali(m): 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
FredTony11:
Welcome to the great brotherhood,have you been looking for an opportunity to be one of the brotherhood,this is the right time to join the illuminati brotherhood,it will make you famous,rich,excel in your business.it will established your business round the world and you will be recognized in your country,join the illuminati,if you are interested contact us at:thegreatilluminati666@outlook.com or call: +2348168007545

Why don't you contact me on sakastikk@gmail.com
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
Acekidc4:
Good One!!
I know that Lagos will soon be Compared to the likes of London, Newyork, Paris and Co!!That I know for Sure!!

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Akposb(m): 12:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
A businessman who sets the pace and have great sense.
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
Dangote please consult ur technicians before u say certain things in public. Do u think that a gas pipeline is what Lagos needs to get 24 hour electricity Lagos alone needs @ least 5000 megawatts for that to happen, u would have to build @ least 10 - 20 power plants @ around 20 billion dollars to achieve that.

I also hope u can convince buhari ur brother to remove subsidy or pay u subsidy so that u can sell ur crude oil products in Nigeria to Nigerians.....Or else u will ship it to our neighbours that buy @160 - 200 naira per litre.

Keep up to good work.
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by koladebrainiac(m): 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
Flets:
The true fact is that Lagos cannot be an investors haven with current inferior and lazy mindset of some yoruba folks residing in lagos as well as their oba.

You cannot want to retain the identity of communal lagos and still aspire to be the biggest economy in Africa.

One of the biggest threat to developing the true potentials of lagos are the recent outburst against foreigners (xenophobia). Investors will be careful about siting investments in a region where locals are exhibiting increasing hostilities.

Dangote and Ambode can try...... but the damage by the Oba will take a long time to clear.

Have you ever heard of outbursts from locals of New York, Paris, Berlin, Nairobi, London, Rome against other nationals or even foreigners?

Do you think the Queen Elizabeth will get away with what the Oba did? With recent events, Lagos might just be trekking backwards.
have u ever heard an Igbo man claiming ownership of Newyork and all these cities? Besides xenophobia is everywhere-go to Japan as black man or as igboman,go to Newyork,Go to London as igboman and claim ownership of their land-they will congratulate u,anoint u, and even give you chieftaincy title. Ode buruku

4 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
This is hoping that Ambode will match his words with very quick action to make Lagos a more business investment friendly environment so it can be a choice destination for FDI's. He will do well to see to The Area Boys phenomenon, The LASTMA menace, Multiple taxation e.t.c. Good for him to know or better still remember, that it takes a banana to make the monkey scale the fence.
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by chukzbozz86: 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
Nwanne Gbam
Keneking:
Great...by the time Messrs. Dangote is done, we (wise people from the East) would all move to Lagos finally. cheesy
Lagos - The Center of Excellence.

Sai APC
Sai Buhari
Sai Dangote
Sai Bonny (source of gas)
Sai Turbines (egbin, others)
Sai IKEDC/ EKODC
Sai Transformers (No vacancy for goats & baboons)

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by tessylove2(f): 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
Nice one Yep!!!

www.gistwithtessy.com
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by fineguy11(m): 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2015
Flets:
The true fact is that Lagos cannot be an investors haven with current inferior and lazy mindset of some yoruba folks residing in lagos as well as their oba.

You cannot want to retain the identity of communal lagos and still aspire to be the biggest economy in Africa.

One of the biggest threat to developing the true potentials of lagos are the recent outburst against foreigners (xenophobia). Investors will be careful about siting investments in a region where locals are exhibiting increasing hostilities.

Dangote and Ambode can try...... but the damage by the Oba will take a long time to clear.

Have you ever heard of outbursts from locals of New York, Paris, Berlin, Nairobi, London, Rome against other nationals or even foreigners?

Do you think the Queen Elizabeth will get away with what the Oba did? With recent events, Lagos might just be trekking backwards.
650,000 thousand capacity refinary set to be constructed,is that how u define backwardness?lagos will soon be the Hongkong of africa,,i give it 30years...
Long live lagos..
long live south south..
Long live nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
barcanista:
So he will pass pipeline from Bonny to Lagos without taking care of the electricity in Rivers state?

Dangote is kidding....

Lol is dangote responsible for providing electricity in rivers state? Would he not be buying the said gas abi what are you people currently doing with the gas?

Anyway, I don't even believe he can achieve this, nigeria is a nation of empty promises.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by ribbit: 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
lestat:

And now.thw mad dogs are out of their cages. Bloody beast!!! I couldn't be bothered by this vile comment because it's the extreme poverty and frustration you live in that encourages such Hatred.

All you have to do is ask for donations here on Nairaland and some of us would gladly assist you.

You won't graduate because you can't even afford university eduction
You will end up driving a danfo and blaming igbos for all your woes when instead of learning you choose to steal and rape your way around.

Trully you are a cursed individual who won't ever amount to anything, you will remain extremely poor.

At a time you won't even be able to afford your meagre data to browse nairaland to make tribalistic comments anymore and at the point you will still blame igbos?

lmao.. All this rants just for me.. What a rabid dog.. Someone chain this thing before it starts biting grin
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by KinkyAngela(f): 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
kettykings:
Piping gas from biafra to power Lagos economy. If this is not a joke then I am deeply dreaming just yesterday some people in Lagos demonstrated against the stay of igbos in Lagos
it is now certain that there is something fundementally wrong with you ibos. When did Bonny Island become part of Biafra? Why must you greedy ibos always claim what does not belong to you?

History books tells us about how the locals in Bonny jubilated when Adekunle's 3MCD flushed the Biafran occupiers out of the Island. Here you are, now claiming Bonny to be part of iboland. Why dont you go over there and tell them that, lets see if you wont have your head severed from your neck

8 Likes

Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by 989900: 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
If Lagos were a country in Africa, it'd be the 6th largest economy by country, after Nigeria, SA, Egypt, Algeria, and Angola.

The GDP of Lagos is roughly that of Ghana and Kenya put together, 3 times the size of my 'brethers' (Ghana), and equivalent to that of Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroun, Equatorial Guinea, Togo, Benin Republic and Niger Republic put together.

If Lagos were a state in the US, it'd be the 44/45th largest economy by state.

P.S. And that's without stable power supply, in the face of endemic corruption.
Re: Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos by Akinz0126(m): 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
There is something I observed about Life:The moment you pronounced what You intended doing even before yOu plan on doing it, believe me,You would end up not doing it!I just hope What Dangote promise to do won't end up ironical.for 9ja our leaders sre fond of I'll,I'll,I'll do it Why not; I did this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Has 2 Chicago University Certificates Signed By Different People - Atiku / James Ibori, Uduaghan And Okowa In Football Kits (Throwback Photo) / Uche Secondus Visits Goodluck Jonathan With PDP NWC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.