Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,808 members, 7,866,128 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:06 PM

Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter (36132 Views)

Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo / Mugabe Still Angry At Nigeria Over Sahara TV Incident / Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real ON Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Youngsage: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2015
ellechrystal:

My dear, it's none of our business. She should ve allowed zimbabeans to make d noise or protest.
To b honest , she didn't act well. She was rude, n no one needs to b applauded for being rude regardless .
We're his people complaining?
I understand here we ve no much respect for d Presidency, n as such we can say anything, but it should ve ended here at home, n she decided to b d hero of journalism.
I would recommend she visits an ISIS or Boko haram dominated area n ask one of their leaders some deep questions like she did mugabe . Now that would ve landed her in CNN or BBC.
but unfortunately , she rather brought herself down.
She was rude, simple.
She has an attitude of attacking people, n see where it has landed her. Too bad.
Hello smiley
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2015
Ymodulus:
ellechrystal

I am sure you never watched, the video you just went on to comment. Did you notice that Adeola Fayehun of Sahara Reporters, was sarcastic a bit?
Did you also notice she truly believe she never did anything wrong?

Did you also [b]noticed that Christine Amanpour of CNN asked Mugabe same question Adeola asked Mugabe in Nigeria? Yet no one called Christine Amanpour an irresponsible journalis[/b]t?
Did you notice, how she stressed the hypocrisy of Nigerians?

Same Nigerians say her actions were non patriotic, yet same Nigerians laugh at same president muhabe and say he his a bad president.

I am not surprised, this is a major reason Africa is far from development and improvement. Nigeria is a country where truth and fairness will never happened. We are people that hate the truth, everything we do we are not sincere. What i observed over the years no matter how good and beautiful a thing is, take it to nigeria within a flash that thing becomes bad and ugly because of who we are. Look at religion both muslim and christianity, electricity. education, socio_economic life. We are far from civilisation, though we are independent we are still much in bondage. Adeola you too good to be talking about Nigeria.

Now I believe its true, when Nelson Mandela said 'it's a long walk to freedom'. As we Africans refuse to face the truth, that will ultimately set us free.

Amanpour acted in a professional manner that's why she got a reply from the Mugabe. You dont go abt embarrassing people. Mugabe is a senior man in Africa and deserves respect. Africans should learn from mistakes...learn from libya, egypt, iraq and co.

2 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 12, 2015
ellechrystal:
Bless u too sweet Brother.
ehee! Sweet brother shocked
ellechrystal:
ehee! Sweet brother
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 12, 2015
ellechrystal:
ehee! Sweet brother
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by shizzle11(m): 9:40am On Jun 12, 2015
What an uncouth ijiot!

That foolish girl is a disgrace to journalism. She lacks courtesy, professionalism and manners, her attitude depicts that of a tout and ill-mannered brat that characterises her people and where she comes from.

What she did was a pure intrusion of privacy, she and her fellow toutish colleagues ambushed the man, a predetermined plan at embarrassing him-a script well played because they knew Mugabe wouldn't want to entertain an interview.

I must give kudos to mugabes men for keeping their cool after the stewlid girl kept coming at them with her uncouth manners and utterances.

I hope she gets a worse treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Reference(m): 9:40am On Jun 12, 2015
I think both sides of the argument are correct. We need to thank her (and indeed a lot of folks back in Zimbabwe do thank her) for the courage and tenacity exhibited. We all want to see Mugabe tackled because quite frankly he has destroyed that country. We should all note that the world is now a global village. Issues of sovereignty are no longer black or white (no pun intended). Today a Nigerian State claiming total independence invited the very Zimbabwian white farmers to invest in our agricultural sector comatosed by so called independent Nigerian leaders and farmers. And by the way, the imported farmers can buy and own such lands till eternity for that matter.

And I can partly excuse her actions which I put down to the excitement of the chance meeting with Mugabe, a feat which Sahara will never have and most likely never will achieve again. I just put it down to poor training, poor preparation, unprofessionalism, like most things in Nigeria.

However she did not handle it well, gained very little (in that instance) and may attract ratings but perhaps not more. Yes she was rude. No producer who works hard at 'getting the interview' will view this favourably. I just hope she works hard and wish her the best ahead.
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Orunto: 9:40am On Jun 12, 2015
He who pays the piper dictates the tune. He who hires, fires. When one demon misfire, the devil redeploys it. Cia is in control of every Sahara Reporter.
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by coolzeal(m): 9:42am On Jun 12, 2015
Every African want to be integrated and free but we are too quick to put down our own.

1 Like

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by stag: 9:42am On Jun 12, 2015
dBard:

Christiane Amanpour is Not in her league.

Amanpour usually doesn't appear blatantly rude or appear to be badgering her interviewee no mata how contentious the issues.
She's mastered d art of being politely impolite.

The girl acted like an agbero..fullstop.

She should learn her lessons and move on.

Talking hypocrisy, would she have accosted someone like Putin d same way

Lubbish

falls off mtn mast grin grin grin
@bold
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Momcherry(f): 9:46am On Jun 12, 2015
Ymodulus:

Adeola is educating people, you only need to read the comments to realise many don't even know about the circumstances in their own countries. With such knowledge people are expecting more from their leaders and are no longer up for complacency.

Each country has problems but our continent as a whole has failed in many aspects, which ultimately brings those who are trying, down too. Our own presidents allow them to milk our continent (or in Nigeria's case - take their oil), these scandals include them too and benefits their own pockets. It's not as if they've been forced too by their colonia.

Yoi say me employ her? Adeola is a talented, intelligent and courageous journalist who is an energy source. Some of the best interviews i have seen are hers. I will Never forget her interview with President Goodluck Jonathan on the streets of New York. It was a candid honest interview.
Adeola is free press personified and asking Mugabe said questions was the right thing to do.
Its sad, she just want the blossom of courage , energy and determination to go off the air.

ADEOLA is my Hero.

You call her evil but yourself is evil. For seeing evil and not stopping evil you are evil.

Let me end with the words of Jesus Christ in the book of Matthew he said

"

Bye

I thought you don't believe in God? So how come you are quoting the words of our Lord Jesus Christ in the book of Matthew? May the Lord deliver you.
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by saintandsinnerz: 9:52am On Jun 12, 2015
neocortex:

It would be better if you had directed your advice to humans in general rather than women because her actions was as a journalist not a man/woman.
Rudeness and disrespect have nothing to do with gender.
And it will be better if you understand she was just saying it is good to be a polite woman and not trying to attack the female folks as you have Insinuated. Or are you saying it is not good for women to be polite and of good attitude?
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 12, 2015
chinchum:
God bless you sis. Some traditions and cultures have turned some to ireedemable zombies.

What respect does a tyrant mugabe deserve by the way? Na only mugabe get sense for 35 years and running to be Zimbabwe president?

You are here supporting her stupid and irresponsible behaviour she displayed in the name of interviewing mugabe.

By the way, what's mugabe's crime? Because he doesn't allow the west rape his country the way they are doing to Nigeria?

You guys talk about his age, where you not the people that voted in a 72 year old (football age) man to be your president?

Same you guys will praise paul biya of cameroun, an 82 year old Nigga who has been in power for like 30yrs. Why didn't adeola and her useless paper go and abuse him? Yeye journalism

Is she a Zimbabwe citizen? What's her business with what happens in Zimbabwe when Nigeria's problems are everywhere.

Well, since their is no GEJ for her to abuse, I guess she starts looking for other presidents to abuse thinking she is dealing with GEJ.

She got served, BIG TIME. Arrant nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Parolee: 9:56am On Jun 12, 2015
I get to doubt her immediately she talks about Zuma spending $200m instead of R 250m ....SA currrency is Rands and not Dollars.

She goes on referring to Zimbabwean currency as Zimbabwean Rands instead of Zimbabwean Dollars...by her making these elementary mistakes casts a lot of doubt into the rest of her work. Again Rands is the SAn currency, not Zimbabwean or any other country for that matter.

Cheeeers to her.

1 Like

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by pressplay411(m): 9:57am On Jun 12, 2015
I can't believe even my esteemed Nairalanders are defending a Despotic, tyrant and Autocratic president like Mugabe instead of showering praises and accolades of courage on the journalist in question.

This is someone doing her job and all she did was tell a tyrant leader surrounded by sycophants and yes-men the Truth, putting both her career and life at risk to stand up for justice.

And what is she getting in return?
-Her show gets cancelled.
-Her boss is probably blaming her for taking the plunge?
-Her colleagues are probably deriding her as we usually do down here (haters avenue)
-The people she's speaking are also rejecting her (Who send am?)

And we wonder why Africa is backwards and Retrogressive?

3 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Dollyak(f): 10:00am On Jun 12, 2015
ellechrystal:
U see, there is nothing as good as a polite woman, a woman with a good attitude.
How can u disgrace a president that much? A man who got d throne wen u were still a toddler, kai.
This freedom of speech d devil has succeeded in using to destroy some people.
If she had spoken to d man politely with respect with less regards to his shortcomings I think she wouldn't ve been tagged bad or even ended her show.
They thought this was jonathan who they destroyed n said all sort of things about?
This is a pure lesson to her.
She crossed her line big tym.
I just pray dey don't come after her d other way round...
hmmm
You see, this is the problem with you lots. You guys would rather respect rather than fight for your rights and ask tough questions. Anyway, continue.

3 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by MrT2011(m): 10:00am On Jun 12, 2015
Ymodulus:
no sentiments mate.

Rather I see sentiments from various nairalanders here, who criticize Adeola, yet the support that Nasty Radio Biafra Presenter who incites violence and treason against his country on air and then say he his a journalist.

I was following your comments and loving them. But u made a fool of yourself with the above comment. If u can hate on radio biafra irrespective of where u come from, then u r as sick as nigeria and as evil as boko haram.
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Sobeautiful: 10:02am On Jun 12, 2015
If this had happened to a Nigerian president in Zimbabwe or any other African country will they shut down the programme? The answer is capital NO. Were Sahara Reporters' programmes stopped for all they did to GEJ? The answer is still capital NO. So why do that now? When we don't regard ourselves, we shouldn't expect others to regard us. All that South Africa did to their fellow Africans, to the extent of killing them, what has other African countries done about that? Nothing. Actually something was done and that was here in Nigeria. When Nigeria couldn't act, the high commissioner that took the right action to safe guard Nigerians was sanctioned and humiliated. Inferiority is the worst known disease. They would have been other punishments, instead of Adeola ending her programme. Nigeria has made herself a door mat to other African countries. We all have to suffer it when we go out there, not only our leaders. We are teaching other Africans how to regard us and we are doing a very bad job at that. They are sure laughing at us. I wish us luck with that.

1 Like

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by chinchum(m): 10:09am On Jun 12, 2015
gboss4sure:

You are here supporting her stupid and irresponsible behaviour she displayed in the name of interviewing mugabe.

By the way, what's mugabe's crime? Because he doesn't allow the west rape his country the way they are doing to Nigeria?

You guys talk about his age, where you not the people that voted in a 72 year old (football age) man to be your president?

Same you guys will praise paul biya of cameroun, an 82 year old Nigga who has been in power for like 30yrs. Why didn't adeola and her useless paper go and abuse him? Yeye journalism

Is she a Zimbabwe citizen? What's her business with what happens in Zimbabwe when Nigeria's problems are everywhere.

Well, since their is no GEJ for her to abuse, I guess she starts looking for other presidents to abuse thinking she is dealing with GEJ.

She got served, BIG TIME. Arrant nonsense.
Your problem is deep ignorance.

He didnt allow the west to rape his country, but his country is 100 times worse thereafter.
Only a leader with no common sense does what he did in Zimbabwe. A child does not confront his fathers killers until he grows of age and sure he is ready to battle them. His approach was crude, collecting lands from white farmers and given it out to black inexperienced farmers that made food productivity dropped to an all time low, and hunger and inflation spread in the land. My uncle was in Harare as a journalist and international correspondent in the late 80s and early 90s, and i got first hand details. African leaders must be wise as a serpent and gentle as dove.

2 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by adedayourt(m): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2015
ellechrystal:
U see, there is nothing as good as a polite woman, a woman with a good attitude.
How can u disgrace a president that much? A man who got d throne wen u were still a toddler, kai.
This freedom of speech d devil has succeeded in using to destroy some people.
If she had spoken to d man politely with respect with less regards to his shortcomings I think she wouldn't ve been tagged bad or even ended her show.
They thought this was jonathan who they destroyed n said all sort of things about?
This is a pure lesson to her.
She crossed her line big tym.
I just pray dey don't come after her d other way round...
hmmm

SEE IT TOO
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by porka: 10:11am On Jun 12, 2015
spenca:

I can't believe you just said this , it is none of the worlds believe if BOKO Haram kills everyone in Nigeria then. Journalism has no bound. FYI Mugabe didn't close the show she decided to stop because she couldn't handle the emotions of words she got from people

[size=13pt]Hypocrite!

'She couldn't handle the emotion of words she got from people' but she can talk nonsense about other people.[/size]
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by dom(m): 10:14am On Jun 12, 2015
spenca:

I can't believe you just said this , it is none of the worlds believe if BOKO Haram kills everyone in Nigeria then. Journalism has no bound. FYI Mugabe didn't close the show she decided to stop because she couldn't handle the emotions of words she got from people

Oh. So she can give heat, but cant take heat abi? Interesting.
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Madeu(m): 10:14am On Jun 12, 2015
Mugabeconomics: If you want to become a Billionaire easily head to Zimbabwe

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-33105400?

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Raziii(m): 10:15am On Jun 12, 2015
ellechrystal:

that's y africa will remain backword cos of ppl like you guys... You think Martin Luther king liberated the blacks by being nice?... Or you think all the liberation the world has witnessed where achieved by being gentle?... Africa needs to wake up!!! You guys need to be ashamed!!!

1 Like

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by 989900: 10:15am On Jun 12, 2015
#doingtherighthingthewrongway
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by ruffDiamond: 10:16am On Jun 12, 2015
angry AREOLA KUDOS TO YOU THAT WAS A GREAT and BRAVE JOURNALISM! the like of that SICK WALKING CORPSE called Mugabe can ONLY HAPPEN in that jungle called Zimbabwe NOT HERE IN NIGERIA MTCHEWWW
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by porka: 10:19am On Jun 12, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

She ended the show to give her time to step up to international journalism. You have no idea how many international news houses have contacted her to be there eyes and ears across Africa since after the confrontation.

That single event has shaped her career for good.

[size=13pt]Any international media that hires that one is setting itself for real problems with African governments.

She better watch her back though, there are some ruthless African leaders she won't dare cross their paths.

If you offend people like Paul Kagami of Rwanda, only God knows what will happen to you.[/size]
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by mikolo80: 10:19am On Jun 12, 2015
chinchum:
God bless you sis. Some traditions and cultures have turned some to ireedemable zombies.

What respect does a tyrant mugabe deserve by the way? Na only mugabe get sense for 35 years and running to be Zimbabwe president?
As long as nobody has the balls to dethrone him na him get sense pass by default o. Your ranting no go change that one. Only death or a truly courageous,intelligent and dedicated individual can
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by nifton(m): 10:22am On Jun 12, 2015
Momcherry:

I thought you don't believe in God? So how come you are quoting the words of our Lord Jesus Christ in the book of Matthew? May the Lord deliver you.
So u recalled his former signature too,i thought i was d only one that saw that.
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by mikolo80: 10:23am On Jun 12, 2015
rocoh:

True. This is Africa even if ones Father is wrong you still don't talk rudely to him.
And you remain in bondage
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by mikolo80: 10:24am On Jun 12, 2015
rocoh:

True. This is Africa even if ones Father is wrong you still don't talk rudely to him.
And you remain in bondage ba. See ehn not everyone enjoys living life on their knees
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by mikolo80: 10:27am On Jun 12, 2015
ROSSIKE:
STFU and go and learn what is really happening in Zimbabwe. Better still, go to your village and dash your own land to the first white man you see. Zimbabweans refuse to be slaves on their ancestral land. You can be a slave as long as you wish on yours. Talkative dunce.
Have they been able to use the land meaningfully for over 40yrs now.?
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by porka: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
What a hero, what a champion! May God bless this woman...and for all of you opening your cowardly mouths to insult this girl, may the suffering of the people of Zimbabwe be avenged on your head and that of your weak generation.

[size=13pt]What is the suffering of Zimbabwe? You have to be specific.

That country has some nice things too. Econet Wireless that brought GSM to Nigeria in 2001 is a Zimbabwean company.

Don't just react to propaganda, make your own private findings. The whites' propaganda is because Mugabe refused to be their puppet.[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" / Okowa, Baba-Ahmed Ask INEC To Cancel Elections At Joint Briefing (Video/Photos) / Sadiya Umar Farouk, The New Federal Commissioner For RMIDP (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.