Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,576 members, 7,840,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele (24038 Views)

Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders / Regionalism Better Than True Federalism / We Must Say No To Regionalism And Federalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 12, 2015
BuddahMonk:

www.punchng.com/opinion/letters/return-to-regionalism-now/
But if Lawan had emerged as senate president, we should RETAIN federalism.

Ofe mmanu back stabber.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by patrick89(m): 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
harde2lah:

I'm so fvcking tired of Idiots like you who keeps on denigrating the Yoruba tribe and calling them betrayals. Do we have any sort of agreement with you mentally deranged fools? You voted your choice, we voted ours. Your fellow tribesmen (Azikwe et al.) have been aligning with the Gambaris since time immemorial, but you hypocrites have never condemned them. How does our choice and pattern of voting affects you dickhead? please, answer me. Stop blaming all your woes, failures and misfortunes on the Yoruba, fool!
you f.cking betrayal, send delegates to sarduna promising him prime minister, and came to onitsha promising the same thing to Azikiwe, when the sarduna called azikiwe to inform him what awolowo is bringing to table he just had to leave the chameleon to align with north. That's what happened!

4 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Dollyak(f): 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
Gbigbon:
I thing it is high time the South East and South West come together as one and agree on a common ground regarding issues of national interest. They should shed their arrogance, suspicions etc. This is the only way we can fight northern domination in Nigerian politics.
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by patrick89(m): 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
imhotep:

But if Lawan had emerged as senate president, we should RETAIN federalism.

Ofe mmanu back stabber.
don't mind them! Have you seen any useless fellow that is condemning deputy speaker Losun? That's shows the level of their hypocrisy and betrayal stagnant cannal mouth odour people

3 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by shizzle11(m): 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2015
Dollyak:

From one of the people from the east. Check that thread and see how there is no unity.
Where is the link to thread?

BTW, the opinion you quoted is pure fallacy! Igbos have always been unanimous with their demands for additional state creation, the only little hitch has always been where to carve it out from, and in this case as was agreed in the confab was that Etiti (Equity)state will be created by carving out at least 2lg's from the existing 5 states.

So please get it right.

(there's a link I'm still looking for to discountenance one wrong impression you had earlier) kinda busy now.

dollyak there you go....it took a while, owing to my tight schedule. Nonetheless I kept my promise

Aworis Youth Mandate under the able leadership of Adekunle bola has asked that all yoruba of non- aworis
extraction leeching on their development and resources should start preparing to vacant the state. He explained that yorubas come to lagos to feast on their resources, contributing absolutely nothing in return. "An Ekiti from his jungle village will come to Lagos to drag jobs like security and vigilante with locals, so it time to tell them all who are the real owners of Lagos. "Once the permission is sanction there will be a exodus, so it is better they start packing before the time reaches. As the say " a stitch in time saves nine."
This is 21st century, NO TIME FOR PARASITISM !
even the Northerners are contributing more than these yorubas, Awori people shall not stand and watch her resources pillaged and ravaged by these ingrates and rascals. He went on to explain that most crimes in the state are perpetuated by neighboring states especially Ogun people and ijebus.
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2015/index.php/news/x38b2-lagos-awori-urges-yorubas-to-
withdraw-.html

3 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
Setaje:
This is the same thing I have said from the beginning. Do not align wiv gambari. We cannot exclude jonathan from the blame. He messed up greatly by neglecting the yorubas. He would have started wooing the yorubas long before election. Tinubu would have given the votes to jonathan like he did 2011. They would have signed a deal. And just maybe yorubas would be back to their glory in jonathans second term. It would have passed a message to the north. That the whole south can stand together.

Just look at what is happening now. I said it on fb and I am saying it here. Osinbajo eye go see wennn for Hausa hand. But osinbajo will not take half of what jonathan took. He will resign at the long run. Just watch!

The bold part is what I kept on shouting through out the campaign too. God bless you my sweetheart, you will live long.

I need some important people to see this post.

Gbawe
Barcanista
Passingshot
Beremx
Ilugunboy
IGBOSON1
Obiagelli
Omenka
Dearpreye
Babyosisi
Babymama1
Desola
Madamoringo
TheOtherview
nonaira
Superstar1
BuddahMonk
Naptu2
Eziachi
Chinolization
Customized13
Collynzo9

2 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Dollyak(f): 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
shizzle11:
Where is the link to thread?

BTW, the opinion you quoted is pure fallacy! Igbos have always been unanimous with their demands for additional state creation, the only little hitch has always been where to carve it out from, and in this case as was agreed in the confab was that Etiti (Equity)state will be created by carving out at least 2lg's from the existing 5 states.

So please get it right.

(there's a link I'm still looking for to discountenance one wrong impression you had earlier) kinda busy now.

Brb
Don't have time either. A quick search on nl gives this..https://www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/212#25698274
A lot of people still want their states to remain out of fear of marginalisation.
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by paulibling(m): 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Anybody can post anything and it stops at that. Cry cry babies. Pdp playing the rule of 9ja game since 19 tufiakwa
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by omazus: 12:21pm On Jun 12, 2015
Biggest lie. This propaganda started immediately it was noticed SE and SS have no NASS people in APC. It was more of a mockery than anything else.
eighTHREAD:
Some are celebrating forgetting that the SP was originally meant for them.

Same folks will claim the north wants to install born to rule

Things That Make A Guy Look Hot To A Girl

Reasons Why Girls Don't Reply Your Chats

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by paulibling(m): 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
harde2lah:

I'm so fvcking tired of Idiots like you who keeps on denigrating the Yoruba tribe and calling them betrayals. Do we have any sort of agreement with you mentally deranged fools? You voted your choice, we voted ours. Your fellow tribesmen (Azikwe et al.) have been aligning with the Gambaris since time immemorial, but you hypocrites have never condemned them. How does our choice and pattern of voting affects you dickhead? please, answer me. Stop blaming all your woes, failures and misfortunes on the Yoruba, fool!

Insults means you have nothing to say. Why are people complaining about south gamers playing the rules and putting some people lamenting in their own government? SW go learn wella from the master playas. Politics no be for weak minded that laments.

1 Like

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by paulibling(m): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
superstar1:

When SE and SS or upper zambezi or what are you calling yourselves, connived to betray SW, it was right and when the same SW paid you back in your coin, it is wrong.

Hypocrisy!!!!!!!

Get over the loss.

We aint crying but dey now laugh like your king OBJ. South gamers gat nofing to lose. We ma keep Nsidinjo redundant when the time comes cos Buhari now belongs to us called nobody everybody. Kai! 9ja is sweet.
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Orunto: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
Let's have an "ELECTED NATIONAL CONFERENCE-SNC"now!!!!
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by kenex4ever(m): 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
eighTHREAD:
Some are celebrating forgetting that the SP was originally meant for them.

Same folks will claim the north wants to install born to rule

Things That Make A Guy Look Hot To A Girl

Reasons Why Girls Don't Reply Your Chats

Bro dsame thing would have happened still. Another candidate would have contested especially saraki.
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Aswidi: 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
Datz ur own opinion, u are on oyo
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by ohemdave(m): 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2015
[quote author=BuddahMonk post=34683222] let the SW including Dele Ogundele of Lagos go and fill their bocal system with sands and gravel.Is it the sectional decision of Tinubu and APC that will be the collective will of Nigerians?.Betrayers ripe what you have cultivated,this is just the genesis. GOd blessed S/S,S/E,N//C and N/N.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by superstar1(m): 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The bold part is what I kept on shouting through out the campaign too. God bless you my sweetheart, you will live long.

I need some important people to see this post.

Gbawe
Barcanista
Passingshot
Beremx
Ilugunboy
IGBOSON1
Obiagelli
Omenka
Dearpreye
Babyosisi
Babymama1
Desola
Madamoringo
TheOtherview
nonaira
Superstar1
BuddahMonk
Naptu2
Eziachi
Chinolization
Customized13
Collynzo9

You and your people are missing a point.

SW vote was not about Tinubu or APC. It was simply about performance, which good number of people agreed with that GEJ's performance was abysmal, for a man that had so much sympathy and goodwill in 2011.

You do not expect sane person to vote for another 4years of stupidity.

Tinubu only controls the votes of his party and their members. SW people are more politically conscious and informed, for any propaganda to work on them or for someone to tell you whom to vote for.

100 Tinubus could not have saved GEJ in SW

2 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by newpisces: 1:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
otil1:
Arrant nonsense!

When SW decided to always betray the South which it is part of, always running to align with the North just to spite Igbos, what treatment does it expect.

This is just d beginning. The Arewas never cease to tell you to your faces that they conquered you, that you are conquered people. The Buhari presidency will clearly show the place of SW in Nigeria politics. More loading...

Bros, if you know what you are talking about, you will know that it is the south easterners who have always aligned with the north in this country. You are basing your talk on what, the last 2 years? Go back the last 60 years please.
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by solonazzy: 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Flets:

Get this into your head. The ibos don't care and it has been obvious in the way they've carried on.

Politics is the biggest thing in the SW, its the least thing in the SE..... Thatz the big difference
seriously?...or cos u kno no man from Igbo land can ever rule Dis country?......n for Ur info, go n tell d thrash u just typed here to ikwe**** whatever dat politics is d least in his land ....if he steps down, den I'll take Ur words seriously
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
otil1:
Arrant nonsense!

When SW decided to always betray the South which it is part of, always running to align with the North just to spite Igbos, what treatment does it expect.

This is just d beginning. The Arewas never cease to tell you to your faces that they conquered you, that you are conquered people. The Buhari presidency will clearly show the place of SW in Nigeria politics. More loading...

You would have thought the treatment of awo after the war or the death of Abiola will teach them a lesson
I even forgot akintola and awo saga and how akintola ran to the north and was kicked in the groin
They never learn
They are busy hating on Igbos

4 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by Excellentmind: 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Your master's plan was to share the four key positions between north and south, in a way that the three northern geopolitical zones would produce president and Senate president while the south west would likewise produce vice president and speaker of the house, what an imagery political permutation!

The earlier you as an Yoruba, stop singing ethnic song, the better for all of us.

Besides, you will be thought a bitter lesson in this political dispensation to serve as a deterrent to other southern saboteurs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by BlaqJew: 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2015
Cowards. You do not need to make the call for regionalism. The perpetual slavery and life of servitude of this pussilanimous tribe of crying generals as evident in the total fulanization and islamization of kwara and the wholesome surrender of the idiots is enough evidence that nothing can be mutually shared. Hear the uncircumcised fool talking about six regions. Why not talk about the determination of your living deads. The bastards have no confidence in themselves. Licking the asses of the fulanis and thinking they can challenge the Igbos. We'll soon teach u cowards lessons u'll forever live with. Happy june 12.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by conyema12(m): 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
but there is a VP from SW now

2 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by BLOTRS: 2:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
For those that did colonial systems of govt in sec school,let me refresh ur memories. It was a success in the north because the whites fully controlled it and a partial success in the west.It was a total failure in the east because the igbos refused to be slaves or serve any one.This is a genetic makeup that still runs in the blood to this day.The north will definitely put the sw to where they belong.As for the Igbo,its either our way or No way .
God bless you! I live in the North...it will shock the yorubas if they know the Northern Agenda of encircling them...They even marginalize yoruba muslims here in the North...Northerners see themselves as the colonial masters of yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2015
mrvitalis:

Read my signature line am against tribalism but truth be told ur people are the most tribalistic
we aint.
its Igbos
Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by ayoromer: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2015
west sorry for wat happen gangup is sweet niger delta oil block go kill una finish fighting tinubu who kil williams buhari allign wit south south let go witout d west more drame wil unfold.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by basilo101: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2015
Setaje:
This is the same thing I have said from the beginning. Do not align wiv gambari. We cannot exclude jonathan from the blame. He messed up greatly by neglecting the yorubas. He would have started wooing the yorubas long before election. Tinubu would have given the votes to jonathan like he did 2011. They would have signed a deal. And just maybe yorubas would be back to their glory in jonathans second term. It would have passed a message to the north. That the whole south can stand together.

Just look at what is happening now. I said it on fb and I am saying it here. Osinbajo eye go see wennn for Hausa hand. But osinbajo will not take half of what jonathan took. He will resign at the long run. Just watch!
Yorubas started dia destructive opposition frm d Tambuwal saga.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by basilo101: 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2015
superstar1:

Your betrayal is your GEJ called us rascals. Highest level of desperation of the highest office in the land.

He did not have a single project to point to in SW that he did.

That is betrayal.
Sanusi Lamido said ur politicians r area boys

3 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by basilo101: 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2015
MrPresident1:

[b]Well spoken Sis.

The Igbos used Jonathan to marginalize the Yoruba, they acted as if Jonathan was theirs and they used him to try to settle scores. Jonathan's appointments was so BLATANTLY SKEWED against the Yorubas that the blind could see it. The Yorubas especially the youths retaliated by voting for Buhari against the advise of elders that they should vote Jonathan.

Igbos accuse Yorubas of treachery but they forget that in 2011, the Yorubas voted massively for Jonathan, Jonathan entered and the Igbos hijacked him and used him to spite and marginalize the Yorubas. No group of people intelligent and politically astute as the Yorubas will allow the continuity of Jonathan's administration in the light of what it represented especially if they have the power to change it.

We are all back under Gambari yoke because of petty foolishness, and mark me, the Fulanis are very smart, it will be very difficult to dislodge them now.

In the final analysis, it was not about the political sagacity of Tinubu who is just an opportunist, it was a reaction by a people to resist subjugation and domination.[/b]
Yorubas dashed d north speakership position GEJ gave them because petty and sensless opposition. Hw was d fault of igbos

3 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by basilo101: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2015
superstar1:

Why is SE crying betrayal if he is not.
Leave the noise to SS.
Nonsense. We shud be our brodas keepers in d south d way it is in d North.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by basilo101: 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2015
moron2020:
One thing I like about Yoruba,s is the very fact that they have an ideology which they guard with integrity and with passion. The Yoruba man is bold and daring always trying the impossible to safeguard his interest and goals. Ofcourse the Yoruba man will never compromise his integrity come what may. Unfortunately the Igbos are the exact opposite of the Yorubas. Clearly the Igbos have no ideology. They love money and could do anything for money sake. That explains why APGA was eventually sold to the PDP. Sadly enough today the Igbos don't have a political party structure of their own with spread in south east compared to the defunct CAN in south west. The PDP which the Igbos are jumping at is created by northerners. Which one is the Igbo party in Nigeria now? The APC belongs to South west and North! I pity the Igbos. No wonder Esau sold his birthright for a plate of pottage and he came back begging Joseph to remain some blessings for him. Money last for a while; but ideology last a lifetime. Hail obafemi awolowo, hail sardauna of sokoto. As for Nnamdi Azikiwe your descendants love money, they sold away your ideology and are now begging for deputy senate president; when at the same time a Yoruba man is both Senate President and Vice President. Is not ojoro; it is ideology. Soon another yoruba will rule nigeria not forgetting Opbasanjo because the yoruba can be trusted unlike people from the other side who love money and will sell Nigeria if mistakenly we give them the presidency.
You will soon crawl back to ur regional agbero politics. North will hijack APC while SE/SS hijack PDP. U cnt play at national level

3 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by basilo101: 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
Setaje:

You have said it all. Jonathan was very stupid to forget the people that fought for him against turai. I was arguing wiv someone that do not think yoruba vote alone can remove hausa. They will rule 12 years. The yoruba had better start shouting regionalism because the hausas I no who love to hold on to power will shift Base to the south east for help. Those ones in the south east will follow just to spite the yorubas again. Pettiness everywhere
Exactly, north wil rule 4ever by simply changing d choice vp b/w yoruba and igbo.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele by passion007: 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
Dollyak:

From one of the people from the east. Check that thread and see how there is no unity.

Madame, I don't see what this thread has to do with my post of several months ago

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Inspects Areas Affected By Flood In Makurdi, Visits IDP's Camp (Photos) / Tony Kabaka: "Obaseki Used, Dumped Us" - Some APC Youths Cry Out (video) / We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.