Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,378 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 - Phones (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 (69012 Views)

How To Upgrade Innjoo ONE 3G To Lollipop 5.1 / How To Flash Your Android Phone Free Without Going To Engineers / How To Upgrade Infinix Hot Note To Lollipop 5.1 [hot Thread] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by xeruni(m): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2015
Kurupt01:

Does it boot to stock recovery? If yes then the TWRP isn't flashed properly if No then you have to reboot to recovery properly, hold power button plus volume up for 5-8 seconds

With stock recovery it boots into it seemlessly with no problem, but when I flash the twrp, with the scatter file supplied in the folder it gives me an error and refuses to flash. I then used the scatter file that came with the stock ROM and navigated to the supplied recovery image (I even downloaded the latest twrp recovery 2.8.4.0. - without a scatter file) Which showed success flash >red >yellow>then green. Now trying to boot into twrp fails. I'm totally stumped undecided cry
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 6:36am On Aug 26, 2015
xeruni:

Yeah I've done that(I know how to enter recovery), it shows 3 menus (recovery, fast boot and normal boot- I choose recovery option) goes into a screen that shows '4G LTE' then reverts to normal boot in to 5.1 os, it doesn't go into recovery as it should. Thanks.
Reflash with another recovery image file. Select only recovery in the flash tool. That should fix it.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 7:42am On Aug 26, 2015
xeruni:

With stock recovery it boots into it seemlessly with no problem, but when I flash the twrp, with the scatter file supplied in the folder it gives me an error and refuses to flash. I then used the scatter file that came with the stock ROM and navigated to the supplied recovery image (I even downloaded the latest twrp recovery 2.8.4.0. - without a scatter file) Which showed success flash >red >yellow>then green. Now trying to boot into twrp fails. I'm totally stumped undecided cry

You don't use scatter file when flashing recovery mehn...

Steps to flash recovery
1. after you flash in the rom via spflashtool
2. just leave the flashtool the way it is. On the spflashtool, look on the list and you will see recovery.
3. Now move your mouse to the right towards the end of the line showing recovery and click
4. A window will popup to select a file. Just locate where you saved your recovery image on your desktop and select it.
5. Once that's done, click download and wait for it.

That's all.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by xeruni(m): 9:12am On Aug 26, 2015
dljbd1:

You don't use scatter file when flashing recovery mehn...

Steps to flash recovery
1. after you flash in the rom via spflashtool
2. just leave the flashtool the way it is. On the spflashtool, look on the list and you will see recovery.
3. Now move your mouse to the right towards the end of the line showing recovery and click
4. A window will popup to select a file. Just locate where you saved your recovery image on your desktop and select it.
5. Once that's done, click download and wait for it.

That's all.

I just followed exactly what kurropt1al told u to do from the first page.

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by xeruni(m): 9:14am On Aug 26, 2015
FBS:

Reflash with another recovery image file. Select only recovery in the flash tool. That should fix it.

When 'reflashing' do I use upgrade firmware or download?
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2015
xeruni:

When 'reflashing' do I use upgrade firmware or download?

See above image for guidance.

Reflash only the recovery file
Select Download only
Check recovery
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2015
xeruni:

Well that is surprising I must say, keep trying it though . PS immediately u see the Check from SPFT , boot straight to recovery before it over write
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by xeruni(m): 3:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
I've finally been able to solve my problem. Downloaded and flashed twrp for lollipop http://www.needrom.com/download/twrp-for-lollipop/ which sloved my problem cheesy cheesy cheesy now got root and gapps running. Thanks everyone for your help.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 05, 2015
Official 5.1 lollipop is out from tf ROM check jiayu app and download

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
^^^Calling it "Official" is quite a stretch isn't it? Cos I doubt Jiayu itself will ever release a full OTA update.

Nonetheless, will give this ROM a test run and is this based onThe New UI or just another one of those ROMs on recycle?

1 Like

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
Just screen shot

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Ziano: 8:36am On Sep 22, 2015
I have tried downloading the Rom on from needrom to no avail, I always get stucked up at the place where am supposed to comment/reply to get the download link, bro can you please send me the download link or tell me what to do?
dljbd1:
Alright....finally back on lollipop.

Installation procedure remains the same. I found a rom on needrom which I used to update the stock lollipop and it's cool.....
No regrets at the moment... wink
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by bboyZ: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2015
cool

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
bboyZ:
cool
Link! angry
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Qunlexus4u(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
wink

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 9:52pm On Sep 26, 2015
Everyone has abandoned this thread. Abeg... If u get stable lollipop rom kindly share with guys. Our silence doesn't mean we've given up. It just means we are waiting. cool

Thanks.

Meanwhile, this is my rom at the moment. Does not heat up. It's very smooth. Xposed compatible. However, the battery as we all know is the challenge.

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 10:44am On Sep 27, 2015
There is a German brew (ROM) for Lollipop 5.1.1 beta 5.
Anyone tried it?
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 9:21am On Oct 29, 2015
FBS:
There is a German brew (ROM) for Lollipop 5.1.1 beta 5.
Anyone tried it?
Yeah... I'm on beta 10

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 11:46am On Oct 29, 2015
dljbd1:

Yeah... I'm on beta 10
And Are you impressed?
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 5:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
FBS:

And Are you impressed?
Just battery issh...I'm impressed with other features.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by peeyaj: 7:14am On Oct 30, 2015
Would someone give me the link of the TWRP recovery img as it seems that Mega took it down? thanks
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 9:18am On Oct 30, 2015
peeyaj:
Would someone give me the link of the TWRP recovery img as it seems that Mega took it down? thanks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ql5kghianpg44t1/TWRP_2870_LP_5.1_by_hanuma50.7z?dl=0
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Zannx(m): 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Link to the german brew rom
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 10:45am On Dec 28, 2015
Alright pals... As a follow up on the rom things, the newly released German rom (rc2) looks promising so far. Still the usual features as the rc1 bt with more app and battery optimization.
The battery issue is still present however, after a couple of charge circles it seems to be correcting itself. Previously, while charging the battery percentage jumps from 85% to 100% within 3-5mins. I still experienced this the 1st 2times I charged after porting to rc2. Bt at the moment, the charge percentage seem to be increasing gradually up top 100% . Well, I hope it's a sign that it has corrected itself then.
Anyways, I'll drop updates on the battery status later.

Below is the link to the new rc2:
https://yadi.sk/d/MKInXtjzmKc59

It comes with a spflashtool. I suggest u use it to flash the rom.
Flashing procedures remain the same. Awaiting your feedback wink cool

Yours Sincerely,
Formerly dl_jbd but now dljbd1 (courtesy: Nairaland (Seun to be precise)). grin

1 Like

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by StraightManner: 11:31am On Dec 28, 2015
Thanks for your review, but what about hotness, coz this xtreme rom dey hot like kilode
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 11:58am On Dec 28, 2015
StraightManner:
Thanks for your review, but what about hotness, coz this xtreme rom dey hot like kilode

We'll, I don't knw the extent of xtreme's heat. Bt this also heats up bt only during very heavy usage of which I think all phones heat up when heavily used. Else it is jst normal warm whn left alone.
Personally, I've never been a fan of xtreme rom. I don't think I've used it more than a week at most. IMO, German rom is better in terms of optimization and functionalities.
You can try flashing the new rc2 and play around with it. And if nt satisfied restore ur xtreme backup. Bt I can bet, u won't wanna go back once u taste RC2 cool
I assume you're already familiar with the flashing procedures and experienced using titanium app. So you're actually good to go. Everything shldnt take u 10mins max.
Can't wait to hear from you cool wink
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by pietrogr: 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
excuse me how to install VCOM drivers? i know im ignorant... but i have downloaded the official s3a drivers, they're in a zip file, i extracted it, but now what should i do? or there is a program to do this? i have win7 64 bit and installed adb drivers with pdanet
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Mustack: 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
hi y'all, thanks @djibd @vilentine for give me a cupcake tutorial.. my sincere thanks to you all..
now let's get to business.. is there any available ROM for our Jiayu s3? am currently on RC5 and it look awesome to me but since I have taste the blood in the flesh am hungry for more... also I don't know how to active the immediate pop-up after plugging the AC cable that kills running app when charging... it always come as a screen save immediately after plugging to AC power... pls epp
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Mustack: 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
I will post the screenshot once I get it
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by harmbhrosz(m): 8:09am On Jul 09, 2016
Jiayu s3 Basic(with broken screen) for sell
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Mustack: 7:55am On Dec 19, 2017
Still reaping this baby. Unfortunately oreo is proving too hard to flash.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) / See Ntel Data Plans: Bundle Sizes, Prices And Supported Devices / How To Validate NIN Both Online And Offline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.