Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? (12333 Views)

Make $100 Plus Weekly Online By Doing A Legal Easy Work / Beware..... Laughnigerian(facebook: Mixta Morgan) Is A SCAMMER! / Beware..... Umujagbe Wacomcy Mudiaga(profile Name: Wacomcy21) Is A SCAMMER! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by donsheddy1(m): 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
This guy is as broke as a woman's virginity. He'll go ahead and acomplish what he has started already. The simple truth is that you just sold yourself already cos this post will stand against you and also will aid efcc to bring you and the so called 419 client.

Think about the reputation you've built over the years crumbling right before your eyes. Be wise
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by jammyunn(m): 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
legally you are not wrong but morally you are.

1 Like

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Waspy(m): 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
Hmmmm, Ethics 101

Teleological views
Deontological. Views
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by tayoccu(m): 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
hilaryiwens05:
Just make ur work anonymous. Nothing should link back to u. U should add ur refers like designed by or use ur information in d domain registrar infos
and how on earth will he hide the payment?

@op
is supplying weapons to criminals illegal?

1 Like

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by bigtt76(f): 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
You become an accomplice in whatever crime s/he commits grin

phemmylink:
Really dont know what to do.. seriously in need of bar.. I design websites.. a friend of mine has a client who is a scammer.. the client want us to do a e-commerce website, I have billed the client.. I have even collected 50% of the payment. But is it illegal.. am I in danger.. have got alot of questions. .. what do u guys fink.. I need the money.. any legal advice here.. will appreciate pls

1 Like

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Viciyke(m): 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
My advice to you is to complete the job, collect your money and report the person and the site to the appropriate authority without his knowledge, that way the site will be under watch and the so called scammer will be caught red handed in the act. If you decline to do the job, the scammer will only look for another designer to do his job and still scam innocent people so do us all a favour by helping to take one criminal off the street.

1 Like

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by hasonjack: 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
Unethical.
Do no harm.
End of discussion.
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Megaphone: 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
is it a crime selling a gun to a guy legally who later commits murder with the gun you sold him?? ?
wat righto you have in selling the gun in the first place. u shud hav been licensed. this is not the usa
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Britzdon(m): 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
stupid questions
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Britzdon(m): 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
Viciyke:
My advice to you is to complete the job, collect your money and report the person and the site to the appropriate authority without his knowledge, that way the site will be under watch and the so called scammer will be caught red handed in the act. If you decline to do the job, the scammer will only look for another designer to do his job and still scam innocent people so do us all a favour by helping to take one criminal off the street.

abii

1 Like

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Skoopy(m): 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
Dmayor7:

Michael Jackson said it right....

Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire universe......

Listen...

By designing a site for him/her, you are aiding him/her into pepetrating his evil act the more with that website.

The internet is wide and later on, one of your one might fall into his trap through the website.

You really need the money i understand...

But their is something we called Good Principle.

Standing for good and shurning evil no matter what, no matter the amount of discomfort it will bring is Good Principle!

We all have concience.....

Yes, it speaks to us often, it is just that we always shut it off because it always tells us the bitter truth which we don't want to hear...

Search your soul deeply for the true voice and decide what to do next.

Like Joshua said to the Israelites....

Choose today whom you will serve, as for me and my family we will serve God

The power to choose is in your hands...

Remember....

Your decision today decides where you will be tommorow.

Hope i made some impact?...

Over impact the worry you...

Good one.

2 Likes

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by slapandfall(m): 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2015
¥̴̥̩̩̥̩̩̩̥ε̲̣̣̣̥§ bro.
I tik it wrong. I ve bin in ur shoes a lot of times. And I have done such for some scammers

I regret ♍Ɣ actions. Although I did it cos I needed money quick den (nt justifyin ♍Ɣ actions though)

Bt I must tell u I tik I suffered for it.

How?
I discoverd dat most times, des scamer frnds of mine cal me to help dem do scam websites coincidentaly during periods I am scheduled for interviews.

I ve done some intereviews dat I knw I v performd so well. Cos most times its php or java developer positions.

And at d end, I won't get the job. And funy enuf after I have agreed to do it for dem, D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ at times fail to do it either D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ v gott anoda option or somtin.

But I jst discover I v lost anoda job oportunity.

DON'T KNOW if itx cos of d scam websit stuf I want to do oooo!..

Bt ♍Ɣ conscienc tells me it cud v played apart.

Cos d victms of those fake websites wud, swear evil, curse and etc.

Weda u lik It or not, u d developer will bear itx consequenc cos u aided d scam infact, u implemented it.

Now I v changed sha..

I v anoda interview with a good company on tuesday, and again 1 of ♍Ɣ scammer frnd from india v called me to do anoda scam site.

5times beaten, foreva shy..

I v told me blatant NO!..

I pray God helps me in this next one next week tuesday..

Comin to tthis thread to share ♍Ɣ testimony soon..

For developers in d house, I sugest u develop apps weda web or wotsoeva..

D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ may not Я̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊lƔ be for sale, but jst keep them so u cud ve tins to show to ur interviewers when interviewed..

It gives gud advantage..

#dayMustBreak_Oneday... *smiles*

1 Like

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by jorgan(m): 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
As a follow webmaster, here is my advise!
You have every right to build whatever kind of website for anybody... building a website the last time I checked, isnt illegal, OP you can go ahead and design the website for the person, collect you remaining 50% and start ur ballin'

But in other to save yourself from trouble and possible jail time, as a web designer all u need to do is to hand over the entire site to the client based on an agreement that you wont run maintenance or do any further changes to the site after it has been handed over and u hv been fully paid

Make sure you dont put your signature at the footer i.e "site designed by xyz" in other to save your head when there is trouble

Lastly dont include d work in your portfolio

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by ike42face(m): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
If you don't do it , someone else will

Get the job done and and receive your benefit...
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
phemmylink:
Really dont know what to do.. seriously in need of bar.. I design websites.. a friend of mine has a client who is a scammer.. the client want us to do a e-commerce website, I have billed the client.. I have even collected 50% of the payment. But is it illegal.. am I in danger.. have got alot of questions. .. what do u guys fink.. I need the money.. any legal advice here.. will appreciate pls
he *NOSE* best
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
phemmylink:
he *NOSE* best.
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by AAinEqGuinea: 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
Web devs... make the money, dont ask questions. wink wink wink wink wink

Web devs are not the only accomplice of scams out here if people can also sell religion wink wink wink wink wink and other phony goods
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
phemmylink:

I work for a company who deals with Payment Solution, and the truth is, since you collected the money you have already been implicated, now unless you guys are going to get money via deposits, then you can get away with it for a while, but the moment you register as a merchant you are already in trouble all it takes is one scam to go wrong, and you will be reported, your account closed, and information sent to the police. you will be arrested too.

I can't advice you whether to take it or not, so instead I will ask you what's 100k or more to a bad record ?

Have fun also your moniker has been noticed too. cheesy
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Lanretoye(m): 2:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
it is not a crime oo, selling gun for an armed robber is not a crime too.
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
slapandfall:
¥̴̥̩̩̥̩̩̩̥ε̲̣̣̣̥§ bro.
I tik it wrong. I ve bin in ur shoes a lot of times. And I have done such for some scammers

I regret ♍Ɣ actions. Although I did it cos I needed money quick den (nt justifyin ♍Ɣ actions though)

Bt I must tell u I tik I suffered for it.

How?
I discoverd dat most times, des scamer frnds of mine cal me to help dem do scam websites coincidentaly during periods I am scheduled for interviews.

I ve done some intereviews dat I knw I v performd so well. Cos most times its php or java developer positions.

And at d end, I won't get the job. And funy enuf after I have agreed to do it for dem, D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ at times fail to do it either D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ v gott anoda option or somtin.

But I jst discover I v lost anoda job oportunity.

DON'T KNOW if itx cos of d scam websit stuf I want to do oooo!..

Bt ♍Ɣ conscienc tells me it cud v played apart.

Cos d victms of those fake websites wud, swear evil, curse and etc.

Weda u lik It or not, u d developer will bear itx consequenc cos u aided d scam infact, u implemented it.

Now I v changed sha..

I v anoda interview with a good company on tuesday, and again 1 of ♍Ɣ scammer frnd from india v called me to do anoda scam site.

5times beaten, foreva shy..

I v told me blatant NO!..

I pray God helps me in this next one next week tuesday..

Comin to tthis thread to share ♍Ɣ testimony soon..

For developers in d house, I sugest u develop apps weda web or wotsoeva..

D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ may not Я̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊lƔ be for sale, but jst keep them so u cud ve tins to show to ur interviewers when interviewed..

It gives gud advantage..

#dayMustBreak_Oneday... *smiles*

Are you still looking for a job, not to like like a saint i have written stuffs to manipulate votes and others, but scamming money of people is where i draw the line. if you are looking for a job and you are good. send me your cv for now i have no one looking for a developer but if you are good then i can help you. my email is on my signature or profile
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
Lanretoye:
it is not a crime oo, selling gun for an armed robber is not a crime too.

it is, no one has license to sell guns in Nigeria so get your facts right.
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by digitsolution: 2:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
Going through all the responses above gives me so much hope that Nigeria will be better one day. I guess OP you already know the answer to your plight.

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by vokalguy(m): 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
Its a question of morality. Personally if I were you, I will not do it. Matter of fact I will report to the police cus this guy could possibly use the same website to scam your loved ones... so why not prevent this from happening?
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by ephi123(f): 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
Dear OP, also remember that any curse the potential victims of this scam issue could have an impact on your life. These are struggling peoples' money, there is a price to pay for cheating them. Don't trade your future blessing for short term gain. Nuff said.
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Lanretoye(m): 2:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
pcguru1:

it is, no one has license to sell guns in Nigeria so get your facts right.

shoo!, me i feel if you have NYSC certificate you are free to sell guns ni.
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by 9jatatafo(m): 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
You are already part of the scam. I fear for you to come online to post this. You made a very big mistake for already collection payment and agreeing to knowing someone who knows a scammer. Watch your back, EFCC things. You better refund the money and don't do the job simple as abc.
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Born2eatPussy(m): 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
emmyagi:

Hey dude, if you cannot please forward the money and the details to me let me do the website, i dont care what he use it for.
Can we run some deal ??
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2015
Lanretoye:

shoo!, me i feel if you have NYSC certificate you are free to sell guns ni.

lol na so if not i for don get one
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by andyanders: 2:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
Return the money cus your details is what you used in setting up the website and once he uses the website to scam anybody, you will be held responsible.

I advise you return the money.
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Chillinmasoul(m): 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2015
donsheddy1:
This guy is as broke as a woman's virginity. He'll go ahead and acomplish what he has started already. The simple truth is that you just sold yourself already cos this post will stand against you and also will aid efcc to bring you and the so called 419 client.

Think about the reputation you've built over the years crumbling right before your eyes. Be wise

That's true..but he's doing his Job man... There's no crime if he actualizes the design and hands everything to him with an agreement not to further manage, maintain and so on... On the the website.

If I was the guy, I go finish the work and collect my 50% plus no more communicating with him... I could even go to the length of taking a legal agreement in court self!

#i wouldn't have taken it up at the first instance...but since him don start make him be wise!

This is Richard Tope's friend. Guess you know him? my regards to him!
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
Dmayor7:

Michael Jackson said it right....

Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire universe......

Listen...

By designing a site for him/her, you are aiding him/her into pepetrating his evil act the more with that website.

The internet is wide and later on, one of your one might fall into his trap through the website.

You really need the money i understand...

But their is something we called Good Principle.

Standing for good and shurning evil no matter what, no matter the amount of discomfort it will bring is Good Principle!

We all have concience.....

Yes, it speaks to us often, it is just that we always shut it off because it always tells us the bitter truth which we don't want to hear...

Search your soul deeply for the true voice and decide what to do next.

Like Joshua said to the Israelites....

Choose today whom you will serve, as for me and my family we will serve God

The power to choose is in your hands...

Remember....

Your decision today decides where you will be tommorow.

Hope i made some impact?...

A little overkill IMO, but, yeah, you pretty much nailed it!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vps Server Hosting Fully Managed Servers / Patrick Ogidi: Real Or Scam?? / 7 Tips For Selecting Your Domain Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.