Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

[poem For Review] I Miss You! - A Poem To My Future Wife! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / [poem For Review] I Miss You! - A Poem To My Future Wife! (2802 Views)

"My Future Husband" - UNIZIK Student Issues Stiff-Neck Rules / Here's a Letter to My Future Husband (((Honey I Love You)))) / To anyone Dating My Future Wife Abeg ( Photo ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[poem For Review] I Miss You! - A Poem To My Future Wife! by NaijaKnight(m): 8:04am On Jun 13, 2015
I wrote this piece on the 12th of May, 2012 and it remains apt as ever. Check on it;

To my future wife,

How can I miss you when we
haven’t even met.
You, Miss. My future. I know you. I
feel you in my bones.
My morning bones, aching full
with sleep. I feel you.

I know you. I know you in the
way that smile forms across my face.
In the way my lips meet that of
my glass filled with fresh water. The feeling
after.
In the way i feel after familiar thoughts. I
know
you. You meet me, in thoughts
and plans.

I miss you. You Miss, a part of a
past life, a part of a future one.
You meet me in the spaces of my
mind, but not yet upon this
ground I tread.
I am scared you have found
something or someone else.
I am here. Reaching towards a
future that is yet to be
determined.

My aching bones a matching pair
with my heart. Aching for you.
Aching for the content way your
hands fit on my taut abs.
On the back of my neck, cupping my face.
I can’t walk but think of you…i miss you!

cc MizNelly , SocialRecluse, cocolav, lacasticlala

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: [poem For Review] I Miss You! - A Poem To My Future Wife! by CoCoLav(f): 9:06am On Jun 13, 2015
Nice piece but I am not a poet so I'm probably not the best to review your poem.

You should Cc Scrypt

1 Like

Re: [poem For Review] I Miss You! - A Poem To My Future Wife! by davide470(m): 9:18am On Jun 13, 2015
NaijaKnight, are those your future wife (wives) ?
The cc's?
Re: [poem For Review] I Miss You! - A Poem To My Future Wife! by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 13, 2015
I like it, but what do I know?

I'm not even anything close to being a poet. I can only point out an error I noticed. The part where you said 'Aching for the content way..... Last paragraph, third line.... Should have been 'your' as opposed to 'you're'. I'm sure it was an oversight though.

Generally I liked, it but I don't know the rules and technicalities writing a poem entails.

Cc standd

1 Like

Re: [poem For Review] I Miss You! - A Poem To My Future Wife! by eipreel(f): 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2015
SocialRecluse:

I'm not even anything close to being a poet. I can only point out an error I noticed. The part where you said 'Aching for the content way..... Last paragraph, third line.... Should have been 'your' as opposed to 'you're'. I'm sure it was an oversight though.

Generally I liked, it but I don't know the rules and technicalities writing a poem entails.

Cc Stand.d
hi, I sent you a pm, kindly respond. Thanks
Re: [poem For Review] I Miss You! - A Poem To My Future Wife! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 13, 2015
eipreel:
hi, I sent you a pm, kindly respond. Thanks
Hello, I just sent you a pm
Re: [poem For Review] I Miss You! - A Poem To My Future Wife! by NaijaKnight(m): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
SocialRecluse:

Cc standd

Thanks. It was an oversight. Your comment is appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Thought D Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus was A Better Phone dan D Phantom 5 / The Silliest Question Been Asked By A Guy. / OlymPRICK And OlymBOOBS (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.