Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,694 members, 7,959,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Death of Vice President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death of Vice President (3272 Views)

"I Am Back To My Position As Vice President, Buhari Is Now In Charge" - Osinbajo / Gatehouse Of Vice President Costs N250m - Dino Melaye / Prophecy Was Made That I Will Be Vice President – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death of Vice President by ramdris(m): 8:24am On Jun 13, 2015
We all know the VP takes over if the President of a country dies, what if the VP die? What did the constitution says about that? Just want to know. So the expert should educate me on this...Thanks.
Re: Death of Vice President by INTROVERT(f): 8:26am On Jun 13, 2015
President appoints another or maybe the Senate president is promoted but I don't think SP would love that promotion.
Re: Death of Vice President by kilokeys(m): 8:28am On Jun 13, 2015
This ur early morning thoughts na wa..

Osinbanjo ain't going nowhere..

Op doesnt say his prayers.. If he does the devil would manifest this early

2 Likes

Re: Death of Vice President by ramdris(m): 8:28am On Jun 13, 2015
INTROVERT:
President appoints another or maybe the Senate president is promoted but I don't think SP would love that promotion.
God forbid. U mean PMB can just select anybody outside to be VP should the present one die?
Re: Death of Vice President by ramdris(m): 8:30am On Jun 13, 2015
kilokeys:
This ur early morning though na wa..

Osinbanjo ain't going nowhere..

Op doesnt say his prayers.. If he does the devil would manifest this early
Guy relax. Am just curious. I voted PMB cos of PYO. They will both live long to restore glory back to our country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death of Vice President by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 13, 2015
Osinbajo could as well be dead because he has no single effect as vp.

2 Likes

Re: Death of Vice President by kilokeys(m): 8:34am On Jun 13, 2015
ramdris:

Guy relax. Am just curious. I voted PMB cos of PYO. They will both live long to restore glory back to our country.

Okay o.. The speaker of the House takes the place of the VP. Incase
Re: Death of Vice President by softmind24: 8:35am On Jun 13, 2015
If VP die the constitution give power to the president to nominate anybody he/she like then senator will confirm he/her
Re: Death of Vice President by ramdris(m): 8:35am On Jun 13, 2015
kilokeys:

What! So we will have president and VP from the same zone? shocked
Re: Death of Vice President by ramdris(m): 8:37am On Jun 13, 2015
softmind24:
If VP die the constitution give power to the president to nominate anybody he/she like then senator will confirm he/her
Thanks for that.
Re: Death of Vice President by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 13, 2015
ramdris:

God forbid. U mean PMB can just select anybody outside to be VP should the present one die?

Do you expect them to do elections for vp replacement?

Ask Tinubu how he appointed 3 deputy governors after he sacked the one he won Lagos seat with.
Re: Death of Vice President by ramdris(m): 8:38am On Jun 13, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
See your life? Wishing ur Leader dead and you will be praying to be a leader someday o. CHANGE!
Re: Death of Vice President by chamboy(m): 8:39am On Jun 13, 2015
Dey want to kill Osibanjo oooo
Re: Death of Vice President by kilokeys(m): 8:39am On Jun 13, 2015
ramdris:

What! So we will have president and VP from the same zone? shocked

U are fvking tribalist. What does zones have to do with effectiveness in office?
Re: Death of Vice President by centmichael101(m): 8:40am On Jun 13, 2015
Such thought comes ur mind after smoking osogbo weed early morning!!
Re: Death of Vice President by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 13, 2015
softmind24:

Buhari should impeach that man servant and appoint Aisha as his VP.

That way he gets rid of Tinubu's mole and Aisha can get her first lady privileges and be the queen Yorubas always wanted
Re: Death of Vice President by chamboy(m): 8:41am On Jun 13, 2015
Den Buhari would chose Ngige
Re: Death of Vice President by INTROVERT(f): 8:41am On Jun 13, 2015
ramdris:

Didn't Jonathan appoint Sambo. The constitution gives him the power, but no fear GMB would have to still choose from the same region as the late VP I think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death of Vice President by ramdris(m): 8:42am On Jun 13, 2015
kilokeys:

U are fvking tribalist. What does zones have to do with effectiveness in office?
Haba! Oga mi. Don't rush to judge like that na. My question was just an innocent one na. Don't take it too far for I am not and will never be a tribalist or religious freak. Thanks.
Re: Death of Vice President by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 13, 2015
kilokeys:

Which rock did you crawl underneath from ?
Re: Death of Vice President by softvio(m): 8:43am On Jun 13, 2015
Simple thing na...if d VP dies u jux appoint another "mere commissioner" from lagos state naaa
Re: Death of Vice President by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 13, 2015
ramdris:

See your life? Wishing ur Leader dead and you will be praying to be a leader someday o. CHANGE!

That mere man servant and commissioner to Tinubu can never be my leader.

1 Like

Re: Death of Vice President by ramdris(m): 8:44am On Jun 13, 2015
Thanks y'all. This is why I love nairaland. Filled with brilliant minds.
Re: Death of Vice President by Abagworo(m): 8:49am On Jun 13, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

In Nigeria VP is just spare tyre and once the main tyre stays good the spare is left hanging under the booth.
Re: Death of Vice President by DaBullIT(m): 8:52am On Jun 13, 2015
hmmm

thats how one goat wanted to know who will rule the country if the president elect died before swearing in

Re: Death of Vice President by ramdris(m): 8:57am On Jun 13, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

That mere man servant and commissioner to Tinubu can never be my leader.
Bros he is already. He is your VP!
Re: Death of Vice President by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 13, 2015
ramdris:

Bros he is already. He is your VP!

You fail to understand that under the current democratic setting, those elected to occupy positions are there to serve you and not the other way round.

Buhari is no king.

Aisha is no Queen.

And Osunbade remains a political vulture waiting in the event Buhari kicks the bucket.
Re: Death of Vice President by ramdris(m): 9:02am On Jun 13, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

You fail to understand that under the current democratic setting, those elected to occupy positions are there to serve you and not the other way round.

Buhari is no king.

Aisha is no Queen.

And Osunbade remains a political vulture waiting in the event Buhari kicks the bucket.
Bros I give up. U no fit change grin beside I b yoruba and ur signature says it all. Peace man,one love!
Re: Death of Vice President by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 13, 2015
ramdris:

Bros I give up. U no fit change grin beside I b yoruba and ur signature says it all. Peace man,one love!

Then it is in my best interest to keep you as an enemy and not a back stabbing friend.
Re: Death of Vice President by Shuaibu4real(m): 9:27am On Jun 13, 2015
ramdris:
We all know the VP takes over if the President of a country dies, what if the VP die? What did the constitution says about that? Just want to know. So the expert should educate me on this...Thanks.

I'll take over
Re: Death of Vice President by MaziOmenuko: 9:45am On Jun 13, 2015
kilokeys:

The party nominates another vp
Re: Death of Vice President by Syphax(m): 9:48am On Jun 13, 2015
I'm sure the president will choose a new VP,same way Goodluck chose Sambo when he became the president.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rev Fr. Mbaka Says Pro Biafra Protests Is ‘evil’ / Kwakwanso, Tinubu, Fashola Among Characters In Kanu’s Story About To Shatter Nig / Apc Supporters Planing Counter Protest In Support Of Buhari On 5th Feb. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.