Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Some Parents And Forced Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Parents And Forced Marriage (984 Views)

Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? / Kenyan Man Forced To Have Sex With A Woman In Public (video) / Forced Marriage - Sudanese Man Forced To Marry A Goat He Raped - See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Badfinga: 9:19am On Jun 13, 2015
Nowadays we see marriages crashing like aeroplanes piloted by depressed pilots.One begins to wonder the depth to which these marriages were founded or built.I am of the school of thought that when it comes to matters of the heart(marriage),parents should restrict or limit the level of their interference to that of advice but not compeling someone against his/her own wish.I was inspired to write this piece because a female friend of mine is in a dilemma.Her parents wants her to marry someone she barely know.As a tradition in her family,she does not have a say on the issue.She just have to accept.Now the big problem is that she is contemplating suicide,running away from home or agree to the marriage and then kill the man thereafter.As I type this,her phone is switched off and am afraid.What advice do you have for this lady? Am running out of ideas already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 13, 2015
Well if she doesn't love the guy then she shouldn't marry him
Its that simple

Her parents would cant chain her down or force her .. Shebi she will say i dont .. Finish .
Y would she kill her self when its not like she 16, she needs to put her foot down n stop acting like a child .. ... My opinion oh lol

1 Like 106 Shares

Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by MEGGATRON(m): 9:41am On Jun 13, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Its that simple

Her parents would cant chain her down or force her .. Shebi she will say i dont .. Finish .
Y would she kill her self when its not like she 16, she needs to put her foot down n stop acting like a child .. ... My opinion oh lol

brilliant! My love
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by djeezy(m): 9:49am On Jun 13, 2015
Dude this is 21st century and people should be allowed to exercise their liberty free from constraints as long as it posses no threat to another. Marriage is very delicate and as such requires the exercise of our own will and volition. Furthermore getting married is not compulsory.

2 Likes

Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 13, 2015
djeezy:
Dude this is 21st century and people should be allowed to exercise their liberty free from constraints as long as it posses no threat to another. Marriage is very delicate and as such requires the exercise of our own will and volition. Furthermore getting married is not compulsory.

smiley
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 13, 2015
Meggatron morning kiss
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by MEGGATRON(m): 10:09am On Jun 13, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Meggatron morning kiss

I dreamt about you last night.

I saw a wedding you are the bride, ofcourse I'm the groom. After the whole ceremony we were alone.

You were about to UnCloth ( at this point my ROD is harder than CALCULUS) suddenly I woke up, that my cockblock room-mate woke me saying " guy wake we get 7-9am lecture"
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2015
MEGGATRON:

[color=#990000][/color]
Lol early morning shocked
U need to stop dreaming smiley
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Badfinga: 10:32am On Jun 13, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Its that simple

I asked her to speak to her uncles,but she said they are all in support of the marriage which is against her wish
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 13, 2015
Badfinga:
I asked her to speak to her uncles,but she said they are all in support of the marriage which is against her wish

Then she should tell them if they are so passionate about the guy .. They can marry him undecided
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Badfinga: 10:37am On Jun 13, 2015
djeezy:
Exactly brother.This should not be happening in this age and time
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Badfinga: 10:41am On Jun 13, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Then she should tell them if they are so passionate about the guy .. They can marry him undecided
That even the senior sis went through thesame condition.Was given out of her wish
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 13, 2015
Badfinga:
That even the senior sis went through thesame condition.Was given out of her wish

Nah wah in this modern day and age .. But nigerians are not known for arrange marriages tho ... Anyway its cuz they let them
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by yorubaboiy: 10:44am On Jun 13, 2015
if d guy loves her she should learn to love him back.......
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Badfinga: 10:49am On Jun 13, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Nah wah in this modern day and age .. But nigerians are not known for arrange marriages tho ... Anyway its cuz they let them
Yes.but you cant take away that african factor of respect to the later even if it hurts.
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Badfinga: 10:52am On Jun 13, 2015
yorubaboiy:
if d guy loves her she should learn to love him back.......
She barely knows him.And also she has that principle of not marrying her tribe due to some reasons
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 13, 2015
Badfinga:
Yes.but you cant take away that african factor of respect to the later even if it hurts.

Nah. ,,, trust me
Is it her uncle or her parents that will be in that marriage.. Anyway its not by force .. Isit men we should fear or God ..
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Badfinga: 11:01am On Jun 13, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Nah. ,,, trust me
Is it her uncle or her parents that will be in that marriage.. Anyway its not by force .. Isit men we should fear or God ..
But some parents will not reason that at all.Once you go against their wish,you hear something like I will disown you
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
Badfinga:
But some parents will not reason that at all.Once you go against their wish,you hear something like I will disown you
Then so be it .
Re: Some Parents And Forced Marriage by Johny2015: 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
OK. I am also in the same shoes but mine is the opposite. My family won't let me marry the Queen of my heart

are you a student?

Connect with others at www.academicleague.com

Join and thank me later

(1) (Reply)

4 Things That Make A Man Lose Interest In A Woman / What A Funny Chat / This Pretty Girl Says She Prefers Dating Older Men. Why Do Girls Love Older Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.