Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Am I Being Used? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Being Used? (2879 Views)

I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? / Am I Being Insensitive? / Am I Really Married Or Sharing A Room With A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Being Used? by manee2(m): 12:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
This lady, a neighbor to my girlfriend though they aren't rich but am sure they family isn't poor either. Sometime within last week she called me and pleaded for certain amount of money for a Favour with promise i shouldn't tell my girlfriend and i did exactly as she said, during the weekend when she saw me she started saying some stuffs like she's sorry that she hasn't refunded me back yet but she will, as a guy i am i told her to forget about it. To my surprise she texted me this week with the excuse that they have nothing at home i should assist her with some money again. is she using me? because she knows am working. The truth is that part of the money i have is for school purpose. please advice me.
Re: Am I Being Used? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
tel your girlfriend abt it wateva she says....Goodluck
Re: Am I Being Used? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
You wan run abi?

You must finish what you started, bro. grin

5 Likes

Re: Am I Being Used? by manee2(m): 12:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=HeartRobber post=34727714]You wan run a Bi? You must finish what you started _ not funi

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Used? by Acidosis(m): 12:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
Buy food stuffs and send someone to deliver to her.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Used? by ladyteska(f): 12:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
thou shall not borrow anymore,,make things right with your girlfriend
Re: Am I Being Used? by pwerrymansion(f): 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
What kind of skirmishes is that? And why did she ask you to hide it from your gf? I advice you to ignore her or if you want to act nice you ask her to channel her problems to your girlfriend. Some girls don't have dignity and self-worth. Always begging and being a parasite, laer they'll start crying red-herring that they are being used and accorded no respect!

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Used? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
afolag:
tel your girlfriend abt it wateva she says....Goodluck

Meaning what? Must he tell his girlfriend b4 helping someone?

@OP...If you get the money just help her, bt make sure her own case is not chronic. grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Used? by crackhaus: 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
That lady girl is gradually turning into a leech - if they (and by they, I assume she lives with someone else) have nothing at home, I don't see how it should be your problem.

6 Likes

Re: Am I Being Used? by funlord(m): 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
grin

Bros! U wan do nysc twice? tell her 2 come and lash U if she wants 2 continue receiving these seasonal privileges! She will either run away and leave u and your babe in peace or she shall gladly become your under g mistress! Either way na godwin 4 U!

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Used? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
She is using you.
You have to be rétarded to overlook.
Re: Am I Being Used? by manee2(m): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
pwerrymansion:
What kind of skirmishes is that? And why did she ask you to hide it from your gf? I advice you to ignore her or if you want to act nice you ask her to channel her problems to your girlfriend. Some girls don't have dignity and self-worth. Always begging and being a parasite, laer they'll start crying red-herring that they are being used and accorded no respect!
__ TNX
Re: Am I Being Used? by SkinnyDude(m): 6:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
manee2:
This lady, a neighbor to my girlfriend though they aren't rich but am sure they family isn't poor either. Sometime within last week she called me and pleaded for certain amount of money for a Favour with promise i shouldn't tell my girlfriend and i did exactly as she said, during the weekend when she saw me she started saying some stuffs like she's sorry that she hasn't refunded me back yet but she will, as a guy i am i told her to forget about it. To my surprise she texted me this week with the excuse that they have nothing at home i should assist her with some money again. is she using me? because she knows am working. The truth is that part of the money i have is for school purpose. please advice me.
my Guy, Cut Off From Her Asap! If I Tel You My Story, You Wil Pity Me. She Made Sure I Finished My Salary On Her. She Isnt My Gf. Jst A Friend Oh! And For Almost 3yrs, She Hasnt Paid. She Sees Me As An Ememy Now. Becos I Want My Money Back

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Used? by Richy4(m): 2:19am On Jun 14, 2015
Please do not try it again. I am passing through the same nonsense from the hand of someone i thought was a friend.

He got fired from work, he did not tell me. He came and ask for $2000. I gave him due to the fact that we are Nigerians and should help one another abroad.

He came in two weeks time requesting for $500. I refused. And asked what he thought i was or what he took me for...

It has been a year and 2months now he has not paid up.
i called several times sent messages. Nothing.
i letter discovered he has relocated to another state.. i took it as a bad debt now. So do not give again bro.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Used? by Nobody: 3:26am On Jun 14, 2015
she probably told you not tell you not to tell your gf because if you did, it's likely she would advice you not to loan them money. she borrowed money she has not returned and is coming back to you to borrow another. she probably sees you as gullible and naive. if you keep giving her she will keep coming back for more. you need your money for sch and other things. her and her husband can find other means to get money, unless you want to become their personal atm. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Am I Being Used? by KanwuliaJara: 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
You have no boundaries!
Many apologies! kiss

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Used? by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 16, 2015
You need advice on this?You are not capable of independent thought.
Re: Am I Being Used? by olaide721(m): 9:18am On Jun 16, 2015
Guy I won't ask u to stop helping people cos there is no big deal in that and also GOD loves a cheerful giver BUT let ur girl,wife KNOW about it
Re: Am I Being Used? by mutter(f): 9:43am On Jun 16, 2015
Well look at it this way. If she had to ask you for money again within such a short time then she lied to you the first time. She knew she would pay back and you out of generosity waved it off as a gift.
Now paying back money is a matter of priority. If you want to pay back a loan you can even if it means breaking it in installments.

I think it is also wrong for you as a young man to get involved in this kind of thing because it would look suspicious to your girlfriend. Sadly these days men hardly help women without an ulterior motive. Please next time ask her to go to your girlfriend and make the request through her.

Finally if the money is budgeted for your school then you do not have any money to lend!

6 Likes

Re: Am I Being Used? by Lumpyy(f): 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ofcourse you are being used!
Re: Am I Being Used? by Chidoks(f): 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
She plans on using you that's if she hasn't started besides how do you feel comfortable giving money to another man's woman? What will be your reaction if you catch another man giving money to your woman?_that will be her man's reaction.if she needs extra cash let her work for it.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Used? by dinachi(m): 8:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
Op please cut off your dick and donate it to someone else! I don't usually sound this harsh but I am highly disappointed that in this age an time you allow a woman to magalize you and turn you to her ATM .
Re: Am I Being Used? by Moana(f): 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
Go and ask her parents if they really dont have food in the house and see what happens
Re: Am I Being Used? by Cutest001(f): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2015
Maybe she has borrowed some money from your girlfriend and asked her not to tell you..
Or again maybe she is a perpetual borrower and your girlfriend knows she never refunds back the money....
In a nutshell, tell your girlfriend she will have some useful information

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Used? by perry2020(f): 11:14am On Jun 18, 2015
manee2:

Just be wise,how do u think ur babe will feel if she hears uv been giving her neighbor money without her consent,you don't even know if the babe in qustn is trying to set u up or use it to spite ur babe or if she mistakenly tells someone u give her money (which of course ur nice gestures could be taken advantage of and starts telling people ur asking her out n u take good care of her) and ur babe hears about it.
She might reali need the money at the same time but this babe is gonna take advantage of you and magalize you as someone earlier said coz she has seen ur a father Christmas.
The fact that the money is even budgeted makes it unavailable so simply tell her you dnt have or she should related her needs to ur woman. And I advice u tell ur woman before she hears outside.@manee2

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Used? by EfemenaXY: 4:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
manee2:

Once bitten, twice shy. Looks like you haven't learnt your lesson yet.

All it takes is ONCE for someone to breach the trust placed in them and once that happens, they shouldn't expect to get help / sympathy if the exact same situation occurs again. What I mean is this:

She pleaded with you for help with a promise that she'll repay you back but she never did. And why didn't she want your girlfriend to know? Sounds really iffy.

You sef aren't helping matters. You're a non-income earning student, so you definitely DO NOT have the money to throw away / give out charities. So why would you even tell her in the first place to "forget it"? Please stay clear from that girl. She sounds like trouble and she definitely isn't your responsibility.

You've done enough for her. Now face your front and mind your own business. And in response to your question on whether or not you're being used? Yes. Most definitely. She's playing and using you big time, mate.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Used? by aameyah(f): 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ignore the begger jare. Na so them be.

One collected 10k from me last year after almost blasting my phone with calls. Since that time till now, her three week promise to repay is not up yet.

She has stopped calling me paa paa. As if one picked the money from the ground....
Re: Am I Being Used? by Wendy80(f): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
If d money u have is for school simply tell her u don't have except u sef wan pose.
I don't like d don't tell ur GF part cos it looks suspicious. Hope she doesn't turn around to blackmail U.
Re: Am I Being Used? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
Richy4:
Please do not try it again. I am passing through the same nonsense from the hand of someone i thought was a friend.

He got fired from work, he did not tell me. He came and ask for $2000. I gave him due to the fact that we are Nigerians and should help one another abroad.

He came in two weeks time requesting for $500. I refused. And asked what he thought i was or what he took me for...

It has been a year and 2months now he has not paid up.
i called several times sent messages. Nothing.
i letter discovered he has relocated to another state.. i took it as a bad debt now. So do not give again bro.

If you have proof of the payment, you can sue him in small claims court. Just sue him, if he is working it will be taken out of his pay check.
Re: Am I Being Used? by Freshboi: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
Bros, without you the family go survive. Move on
Re: Am I Being Used? by Richy4(m): 10:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
fem29:

If you have proof of the payment, you can sue him in small claims court. Just sue him, if he is working it will be taken out of his pay check.

Thank you so much.I know all that because it was transferred electrically. I can always print out the receipt. You see, if you are outside Nigeria especially the country were i am, you see your fellow Nigerian as brother. We are not much.moreover, we came from the same state in Nigeria.
Funny enough he is the type that wants everyone to believe he is rich. He used to work in mining. He doesn't like publicity just like me. I guess that was why we became friends.
I just wanna live it at that who knows what will happen in future.
In as much as i am angry, that money is not enough for me to go to court.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Wants Me To Sleep With His Boss For Money / I Need Advice From Married People / Three Brothers Recreate Their Weirdest Childhood Photos As A Gift For Their Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.