Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,092 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? (21604 Views)

"Meet Me At Mega Hilton Hotel": An Interviewer Told Me. I Have Suffered / Dear Cynthia, My Ex-gf Father Was My Interviewer. / My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by eagleonearth(m): 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
No let oversabi kill you bros
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by ralph28(m): 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
Since you know it all why not sit at home and speak all the queens english and pay your self at the end of the month.

Na you born your mama.
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by specco(m): 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
Why not. It's allowed. If he/she has offensive mouth odour too you can equally comment on that as well. Nothing will happen.
Common sense no common!

1 Like

Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by Neplusultra(f): 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2015
thorpido:
You can but just pick up your documents after and leave the interview.
Hahaha!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by jrerico1(m): 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tbillz:
I am not an orator but can i correct my interviewer if he/she commit grammatical blunder?
In Nigeria?? grin They'll assume u wanna outfox them, so you better keep mute
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by Neplusultra(f): 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
LWKMD!!! See comments grin cheesy @Op, just do it! Thank me later tongue
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by uchwar1: 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tbillz:
I am not an orator but can i correct my interviewer if he/she commit grammatical blunder?
for asking at first, u are ITK
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by AreaFada2: 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
Of course. If he's testing your grammar and you are asked to correct the error. Otherwise see TB Joshua for deliverance. ASAP. Because those village folks are very strong. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by morereb10: 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
I think it depends on the manner u go about it. but trust me, regardless of the manner, u don't wanna do that.
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by dhorlipizzu(m): 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
See dis man!!! shocked

U be hon patrick?

If u correct ur interviewer as u dey remove from the gate just branch the nearest akara joint I bet u.. them go SERVE u akara with ur c.v.... kiss

You must be a learner for asking that kain question here
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by scarplanet(m): 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
So many superficial brains on display in this thread
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by Ibime(m): 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tbillz:

You mean "if he commits grammatical blunders"

Ode. Instead of perfecting your use of the English language, you are worrying about others.

1 Like

Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by eltonesworld(m): 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
Correct him joor. Everything would be just fine grin
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by MrCEO69(m): 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tbillz:
well go and correct baba own first. Tell him there is no west Germany but Germany
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
soe:
it is "commits"

Its only "committed" if the statement reads "should i have corrected ...."

Are you an interviewer?
In this context it is used to introduce a situation that is unlikely because it didn't happen. 'Committed' is the correct word.

1 Like

Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by Omooba77: 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tbillz:

You done get another job be that,dadday EA Adeboye once told a story of how he went for an interview and a seeminly sleeping man who happened to be the head of the panel asked him were is Entebbe,he said he has not come for Geography session.That was the last,dont allow them label you too know...
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by raphroye: 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tbillz:
that means u are not ready for the job, if u really need the job u would pretend as if nothing is wrong with his/her grammar... abi Na d grammar wan give u job
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tbillz:
rule no 1
Never outshine the master
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by niytej(m): 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
Commits or "commit?"

You sure don't stand a chance of securing d JOB
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by Manspeaks(m): 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
[quoteI am not an orator but can i correct my interviewer if he/she commit grammatical blunder? [/quote]

You have actually committed the most popular blunder of the century!!
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tbillz:

I am not an orator [comma], but can [capital I] correct my interviewer if he/she [commits] [a] grammatical blunder?
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tbillz:
I am not an orator, but can I correct my interviewer if he/she COMMITS A grammatical blunder?

See yourself.
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by bigfrancis21: 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tbillz:
I am not an orator [comma] but can i [capital I here please, I] correct my interviewer if he/she commit commits grammatical blunder?

You dare not try that.

Moreover, your grammar isn't correct itself.

How do you expect to correct another person when you can hardly speak correct English yourself?

1 Like

Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by ledaman: 6:56pm On Jun 13, 2015
correct the person with hot slap
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by rexharysn(m): 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2015
The worst way to say something is to try to teach your teacher..... smiley
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by talk2ancient(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
Thermythorpe:
shocked so u done reach here fiam.. Mods, pls give dis man a lengthy ban cos he deserves it,he is constitutng a nuisance.
na you get ur fingers.as the information seems not useful to u due to your coconut and fish brain pls allow others.speak for ursef and your homeless family.beware don't quote me
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by darlenese(f): 7:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
U dey show urself abi sad
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
all4naija:
In this context it is used to introduce a situation that is unlikely because it didn't happen. 'Committed' is the correct word.
what do u mean unlikely cos it didn't happen?

The topic is abt an event that is very likely and may happen at any point on time....

Are you sure you even know what you are saying?
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
soe:
what do u mean unlikely cos it didn't happen?

The topic is abt an event that is very likely and may happen at any point on time....

Are you sure you even know what you are saying?
The IF in the statement.
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by ogirma: 7:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
U an orator and u de find job? See dis guy oo
So u sabi correct people grammar abi? Sani Orator
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tbillz:

Yes you can. When you're done correcting him or her, you can further ask how the person grew to such position with that kind of grammar. Trust me, he/she will give you the job so you can become his or her personal english tutor at work.

Hope this helps.
Re: Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? by Jhayeahsam01(m): 7:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
hold yah lips.
you done see job be that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel / Hotel Manager Job With 25,000 Naira Salary. Would You Take The Offer? / Thanks For Your Inputs. I'm Now Working In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.