Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Between Nigerians And Buhari: Truth Behind “one Meal A Day” Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Nigerians And Buhari: Truth Behind “one Meal A Day” Campaign (969 Views)

"One Meal A Day": The Only Promise Buhari Has Fulfilled - Reno Omokri / Afdb To Assist FG In One Meal Per Day Policy / APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Nigerians And Buhari: Truth Behind “one Meal A Day” Campaign by properous22: 4:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari famously pledged to provide a free feeding programme for primary school pupils across the federation despite the dwindling oil revenues.

The current situation in the country reflects a grim picture for electorates, expecting this particular campaign promise to be kept.

With the number of public primary schools and the millions of pupils in the 774 Local Governments of the 36 States in the federation, in the face of lowest oil prices, the Buhari administration will not keep this promise without running into huge unnecessary debts.

It is either the President and the All Progressives Congress have not done their home-work or they are sure most Nigerians do not critically analyze electoral promises.

It is relevant to note that the gravity of the confidence reposed in the “people’s General” may lose its meaning in the face of a failure in actualising these lofty dreams.

Read more: http://www.post-nigeria.com/between-nigerians-and-buhari-truth-behind-one-meal-a-day-campaign/

1 Like

Re: Between Nigerians And Buhari: Truth Behind “one Meal A Day” Campaign by nortcentrallord(m): 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
I wonder what they were thinking while making those kind of promises. I wish It could come true but with the present reality it's almost impossible. It is clear that 70% of those promises were made just to clinch power because @ the point, Nigerians were fed up with the excesses of pdp. As for buhari, I believe he truly believe he could achieve that because he must have lost touch with governance and economics of running a country. Am sure he was living in the 70'z till he stepped into the big shoe himself. On his shoulders lie a much heavier burden than every leader we have ever got because at the time of his electoral promises, a lot of Nigerians especially the you were now beginning to be conscious of their political environment. If he fails, he may not survive the name calling, bashing and embarrassment that will accompany it. If he prevails, Nigerians will be happy.

2 Likes

Re: Between Nigerians And Buhari: Truth Behind “one Meal A Day” Campaign by jossey94(m): 5:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ftc tinz. I don't get why ppl don't analyse this thing.
Re: Between Nigerians And Buhari: Truth Behind “one Meal A Day” Campaign by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
I have always said that the so-called promises are fables and unrealistic. I wonder what buhari and ApC were thinking. Nigerians shouldn't expect them to fulfil those laughable promises.

4 Likes

Re: Between Nigerians And Buhari: Truth Behind “one Meal A Day” Campaign by Trailblazer1(m): 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
undecided
Re: Between Nigerians And Buhari: Truth Behind “one Meal A Day” Campaign by Trailblazer1(m): 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
I have always said that the so-called promises are fables and unrealistic. I wonder what buhari and ApC were thinking. Nigerians shouldn't expect them to fulfil those laughable promises.
Buhari has given Nigerians great expectation.
All we asked for was good governance.
We never asked for Food;
We never asked to be paid for doing nothing undecided
Since Buhari has promised to give us both what we asked for and what we never asked for, he is now duty bound to keep to his word.

No stories like Aregbe

From July 1st I'm expecting my own 5000
Don't ask me if I'm working or not grin

4 Likes

Re: Between Nigerians And Buhari: Truth Behind “one Meal A Day” Campaign by Babacele: 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
Time will tell, not pseudoanalysts
Re: Between Nigerians And Buhari: Truth Behind “one Meal A Day” Campaign by enkay2go(f): 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
Una go old. Make Una dey wait o.
Re: Between Nigerians And Buhari: Truth Behind “one Meal A Day” Campaign by jossey94(m): 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Buhari has given Nigerians great expectation.
All we asked for was good governance.
We never asked for Food;
We never asked to be paid for doing nothing undecided
Since Buhari has promised to give us both what we asked for and what we never asked for, he is now duty bound to keep to his word.

No stories like Aregbe

From July 1st I'm expecting my own 5000
Don't ask me if I'm working or not grin
I was not a fan of Buhari during the election becos I didn't c how he cud possibly fulfil those promises he made. Lyk criusly, #5000 for unemployed graduates, a meal a day, stabilizing world oil prices when the major producers in the uae aren't ready to budge.
But, as long as he can actually solve the security problem in this nation, then I'm 100% behind his administration because IMO, security issues can be the biggest threat to this nations economy and as long as he's got Fashola(my main man) beside him, I'm sure his administration would deliver.
Re: Between Nigerians And Buhari: Truth Behind “one Meal A Day” Campaign by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
Op, anything is possible.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is A Terrorist. Trying To Destroy Some Set Of People / Is Buhari Already Failing? / Arise O' Sleeping Youth Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.